One Piece The return of Joy Boy and the Ancient Weapons

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Introduction
In this theory I am going to talk about Joy Boy and the Ancient Weapons. Don't get me wrong I am not talking about Joy Boy and the Ancient Weapon who exist during the Void Century I am talking about the new Joy Boy and the new Ancient Weapons who are part of the current era of the OPverse. But before going to the new era I have to talk about the void century giving a brief summary of what we know to show what we can already conclude and what kind of hints it gives us about the new era.

Informations about the Void Century
800 years ago was the end(or beginning I am not sure) of a century which is now known as the void century, its called Void Century cause the World Goverment tried to erase all informations about this century and also prevent people from talking about it. But there exist the indestructable Poneglyphs written in a language with only a few left who are able to read, more precious the only known living character able to read this language is actually Nico Robin. Nico Robin is from an island called Ohara known for the Scholars of Ohara a group of people who studied the history of the OPverse incl. to find out everything about the Void Century by decyphering the Poneglyphs. Everyone of the Scholars of Ohara (besides Robin) were killed by a Buster Call while Robin was still a kid. In Robins backflash Oda revealed the final words of Prof. Clover ther leader of the Sholar of Ohara.

These final words revealed a lot. During the Void Century there was an enormous Kingdom which prided itself for its great power. But this Kingdom doesn't exist anymore it can be concluded that this Kingdom was defeated by an alliance of the 20 nations which have become the leading nations of the current World Goverment.

The next piece of important information is what we learned about the Poneglyphs on Zou. There it was told the Poneglyphs were created by the Kozuki Clan of Wano.

In the flashback of Oden we learned that the Kozuki Clan was also responsible for closing boarders of Wano that the clan did it to protect Wano from a great evil.

In my opinion its quite obvious that this great evil was the alliance which is now know as the World Goverment. With this one can conclude that the Ancient Kingdom ordered the Poneglyphs the moment they realize they are going to loose the war and that the Poneglyphs containing the informations about the Void Century were given to their allies. Meaning every nation who was in the possesion of a Poneglyph was an ally of the Ancient Kingdom. Besides history these Poneglyphs also contains thel locations and informations of the so called Ancient Weapons known Poseidon, Pluton and Uranus each of them capable of mass destruction.

These weapons are not only meant to be objects, but also living beings. Pluton is a ship while Poseidon is a Mermaid Princess able to control the Sea Kings while Uranus is still completly unknown. Combining that the Poneglyphs contains informations about the Ancient Weapons with the assumption that the Poneglyphs were ordered by the Ancient Kingdom and hand over to their allies one can conclude that the Ancient Kingdom and their allies were in the possesion of these Weapons.
Another thing we learned about the Poneglyphs that there are 4 special Poneglyphs, known as the Road Poneglyphs. These Poneglyphs contain the informations how to reach the island Laugh Tale. This lead to the assumption that the Ancient Kingodom was domiciled on that Island.

Roger and his crew manage to reach Laugh Tale and learned anything about the past and a man known as Joy Boy. They also learned that Joy Boy will return 20 years later, which is "now" in the current One Piece timeline. Thats also why Oden decided to go back home and open the boarders of Wano.

This leads to the assumption that Joy Boy was something like the leader of the Ancient Kingdom. And since we learned that with Joy Boy also Poseidon have to return at given time

I am going to say that also the other 2 Ancient Weapons will return too.

The return of Joy Boy
To figure out who Joy Boy is ne might ask if there are still descandants from the Ancient Kingdom, I would say yes. The 20 nations (except Nefertari family/Alabasta) decided to live on top of the Redline and become a group named Celestial Dragons. These Celestial Dragons are the privileged minority ruling over the World acting like being Gods. In Laws flashback we learned that the father of Doflamingo and Corazon was a Celestial Dragon who decided to become a normal human.

In one point of the backflash Law asked Corazon whats the meaning of the D., followed by Corazon telling him that the D. stands for "Gods natural enemy".

Especially with Corazon saying Celestial Dragons can be seen as these gods one can conclude that the D.'s are the descandents of civilisation. This results in the assumption that the new Joy Boy should be part this "D. Clan". And who would fit better than the main protagonist of One Piece ? Who is actually called Monkey D. Luffy and thus part of this "D. Clan". Are there more hints, of course there are! I expect many would go the and compare Luffy with Roger, but since we learned through the story of Oden that Roger never was a "Joy Boy" I will try a different approach (long time many expect sth. like Joy Boy -> ... -> Roger -> Luffy).
At Twin Cape the Strawhat Pirates met Crocus who was the doctor of the Jolly Roger Pirates. After Strawhats left Twin Cape we saw Crocus talking to himself.

The ones we were waiting for, for me definetly a reference to the outcome of Jolly Roger Laugh Tale adventure. Also interisting in Odens flashblack we saw the Sea Kings saying that ones the Kings returns the whales will be happy again.

Now look back what we see the moment Strawhat Pirates entered the New World for the first time!

I think there was actually noone doubting anymore that Luffy is or will become the new Joy Boy, but I hope these points just strengthen this idea. Lets head to the next one!

The return of Poseidon
Since we already that Princess Shirahoshi is the Ancient Weapon Poseidon there is not much more to say about it.

So lets directly head over to the next one.

The return of Pluton
Pluton is known as the world's worst battle ship.

A ship capable of destroying a whole island with a single blast and it said to be hidden somewhere in Alabasta.

And we know that the position of Pluton is noted on the Poneglyph in the secret tomb below the plast of Alabasta and Cobra is aware of it.

At this point some of you migh have already realized that there is something that does not fit. On the one hand Nefertary was part of the alliance that took down the Ancient Kingdom during the Void Century on the other hand they were hiding not only a Poneglyph but also the Ancient Weapon Pluto from the World Goverment. The first part toally fits with Robins reaction towards Cobra saying they were protecting the Poneglyph.

Bur I actually think Cobra was telling the truth. I mean even the 5 Elders figured out that the Nefertari family have to be traitors cause they were the only ones who decided to live on the surface 800 years ago.

An interisting figure introduced during Reverie is the hidden King of the world known as Im. And we saw Im with pictures of 4 characters: Luffy, Teach, Shirahoshi and Vivi. One can easily find explanation why the first 3, but why Vivi? And also why was he holding it while moving to the throne.

On top of that we learned that after Reverie ended an incident occured, an incident with the Kingdom of Alabasta being involved.

Adding to this that the World Goverment already started to search for the Ancient Weapon (especially Pluton).

This lead to the assumption that the World Goverment figured out the location of Pluton! And I won't be suprised that the incident will end up being resolved with the World Goverment end up finding the Pluton!
The ones who remeber Water 7 saga well will know in which direction this will lead! In Water 7 saga we learned that the blueprints of Pluton still exist.

These blueprints has been passed down in a line of incredible shipwrights to protect them from falling into the wrong hands and use them to build a new Pluton in case that the first Pluton will be revived. Does this mean Franky will build a new Pluton once he heard about the ressurection of the first one? No I don't think so cause I am convinced that he really destroyed the blueprints of Pluton (without a copy of existing).

But like Shirahoshi is a new Poseidon I think the Thousand Sunny can be seen as new Pluton! Does this mean Thousand Sunny was build based on the blueprints of Pluton? Actually not I think Franky manage to create a new Pluton completly independent from the first one and I am going to say the new one will end up surpassing the first one!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The return of Uranus
So far we know nothing about the Ancient Weapon Uranus besides this weapon have to be as strong as a warship able to destroy a whole island or a mermaid princess who is able to control the Sea Kings. One common guess for Uranus is that it could be Momonosuke. Momonosuke is somehow able to command Zunisha an elephant almost as big as an island.

This power is almost identically to the power of Poseidon and this is also a reason why I am doubting that Momonosuke could actually be Uranus. Another reason for doubting Momonosuke to be Uranus is actually that Uranus wasn't mentioned a single time during Odens story. Since Poseidon was mentioned Uranus should have been mentioned in connection with Wano.
Another common guess is that Luffy could be Uranus thus Joy Boy would have been Uranus, but here is also a big error for me because for me Joy Boy and Uranus have to be 2 different things cause both names appear on Poneglyphs (Uranus never appeard officially, but Poneglyphs should contain infos about Uranus).
My approach for this theory is to take a look at the wanted posters from Im. There we had Luffy who stands for Joy Boy, Shirahoshi who is the new Poseidon and Vivi who is connected to Pluton with that the only who is left out so far is Blackbeard!

Teach being Uranus doubt it, Teach being somehow connected to Uranus definetly possible. And I think the key to this is Blackbeards connection to Rocks D. Xebec. I know this connection is not confirmed, but definetly hinted. One of the greatest hint is that Blackbeards ship is called Saber of Xebec (an information we got from Vivre Card Databook. Xebec wasn't jus the captain of the most fearsome Pirate Crew ever seen in OPveres and aimed to become the King.

But 38 years ago Xebec and his crew has been defeated on God Valley.

To protect the Celestial Dragons and their slaves Garp and Roger joined forces.

And even so Garp alone got the full credit for the defeat of the Rocks Pirates the World Goverment let God Valley vanish, because the desired very much to keep secret of the existence of this island.

Why did the pirate who tried to become King attack God Valley? Why did the World Goverment make secret about the existence of God Valley? Actually there is one reasonable answer for it "Uranus". Xebec tried to obtain Uranus while the WG fear the power of the Ancient Weapons, so yeah Uranus located at God Valley makes a lot of sense.
Lets try to get a step further. Looking at the silhouette of God Valley it somehow reminds me on the silhouettte of Emerald City in Wizard of Oz.

Suprinsingly there is a myth about about an Emerald City in OPverse.

The story of a legendary pirate captain searching for a powerful weapon in Emerald City, a place not existing on any map, would be something a character like Bellamy would considere as fairytale. Lets continue with the assumption that Emerald City was indeed a city on God Valley and the place connected to Uranus and add the meaning of Uranus. The Ancient Weapons are named after Gods and Uranus resembles the Greek God of the Sky thats why many believe that Uranus powers are related to the weather. Combining weather with Oz I directly have to think about the Wicked Witch of the East who is a powerful Witch able to control the weather. And actually it shouldn't take long for a One Piece fan to find a character who perfectly resembles the Wicked Witch of the East and that is Nami! She is coming from the East Blue, was called witch many times and is able to control the weather with her "magic wand".

On top of the mentioned points Nami also have a supernatural sense for weather.

But Nami connected to Uranus, does it fit with her plot? Actually much better then one might think and therefore I recommend to take a look at Namis background story we learned in the Arlong Park arc. We know Bellermere wasn't the real mother of Nami and Nojiko (and Nami and Nojiki are not even siblings). Bellemere actually found Nami and Nojiki (or better saying Nojiko found Nami and Bellemere) after a huge fight happpen on an (for us) unknown island.

Bellemere decided to quit Marines and become the mother for Nojiko and Nami, this looks fine while it actually doesn't. Back then Bellemere reached Cocoyasi Village half dead with a tiny boat during a storm

followed by making a secret of the existence of theses 2 girls.

This let me believe that the situation regarding Nami and Nojiki can be compared to situations like World Goverment killing unborn childs trying to exterminate Rogers blood or killing innocent refugees to make sure no Scholar of Ohara may survive.
Finally this follow ony of the Main aspects of the New World saga which seems to be resolving the origins of Luffy and his first 4 crewmembers who started with him in East Blue. It started with Sanjis family plot in Whole Cake Island, now we have the ties between Zoro and Wano, the story of Luffy will definetly come on Laugh Tale and I have actually no doubt the Usopps arc will become Elbaf. Thus an Arc with Nami end up being tied to Uranus resolving her past would make a lot of sense also storywise.

Conclusion
What we learned about the Void Century so fat is that there existed an powerful kingdom ruled (or leaded) by man known as Joy Boy. Even so this Kingdom was in the possesion of the 3 Ancient Weapons Pluton, Poseidon and Uranus it got defeated by a powerful aliance of 20 nations. The winning aliance became the founding members of the current World Goverment. Roger found out everything about the Void Century and that there is a prophecy that Joy Boy and the Ancient Weapons will return 800 years after the war was lost, 20 years after Roger reached Laugh Tale, now OPverse. Everything points towards Luffy being the new Joy Boy and he already befriended with Shirahoshi who is the new Poseidon. Pluton is hidden somewhere in Alabasta by a traitor of the alliance who defeated the Ancient Kingdom. An incident occured involving Alabasta leading to the assumption the World Goverment is going to find the old Pluton. But following the pattern of Weapons returning it seems like Franky inherited the will of the shipwright who created Pluton and manage to build a new Pluton, the Thousand Sunny! Not much is known about Uranus, but it seems like Uranus origins are on God Valley thats a good explanation for both Xebec attacking God Valley and Word Goverement makinf a secret of the existence of this island. God Valley could also be the key to resolve 2 missing stories "Emerald City" and "Namis past" which leads to Nami being the key to find Uranus (or maybe Nami herself being Uranus).

I really hope you enjoyed reading this theory :)

The theories
were created for an event hosted on voidcentury.club.
If you want to support one of these theories feel free to vote them!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Wow, I'm speechless.
I always think about why Nami is the third member of SHP. I don't think it was just because of she is a navigator.
Time after time, Nami got something peculiar, it's like her strory was adapted from Mongkey King's story.
1. She's visited weatheria island, and it's like mongkey king visited god's island at the sky.
2. Then, she's got clima tact, a magical stuf looks like a stick, and after developed by Usop that weapon transformed in to something like ruyii jinggu, a weapon of Mongkey King.
3. After WCI Island, she's got Zeus, a cloud who can produce thunder. Mongkey King also got a technique which can control and command a cloud and thunder
4. And you know what. After Mongkey King got a cloud and thunder, then he he also take an armor that can protect him from any weapon. So, maybe in this Arc of Wano, Nami will get something which have relations with armament for protecting her body, or maybe she will get armament haki.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
God Valley could also be the key to resolve 2 missing stories "Emerald City" and "Namis past" which leads to Nami being the key to find Uranus (or maybe Nami herself being Uranus).
@joby there exist better stuff for Nami then Soul Soul fruit:sarcasticshottie:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Nami being the key to locate Uranus, I agree but her being one is a bit of a stretch. I don't see her as an ancient weapon at least for now.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Nami being the key to locate Uranus, I agree but her being one is a bit of a stretch. I don't see her as an ancient weapon at least for now.
The big question is still "What is Uranus?".
If the power of Uranus is a weather anomaly that can be controlled then Nami most likely end up being the one able to control that power would lead to Nami being Uranus.

And thats for me the only case where Nami could be Uranus. Imagine Nami ends up being able to summon and control storms like
GL cyclone said:
That power would also be worthy to be called AW. (And it would also fit perfectly with the name Uranus).

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
If the power of Uranus is a weather anomaly that can be controlled then Nami most likely end up being the one able to control that power would lead to Nami being Uranus.

And thats for me the only case where Nami could be Uranus. Imagine Nami ends up being able to summon and control storms like

That power would also be worthy to be called AW. (And it would also fit perfectly with the name Uranus).
Actually I take it back. "Uranus" is a reference to the Greek god of the sky, Uranus. According to Greek mythology, Uranus was the grandfather of Zeus. Nami in almost convenient plot has acquired Zeus from BM and I know that he is coming back to her loving chest. But, I doubt that it originally was from God Valley. I should assume that it has to be Skypiea. Roger's crew had to return to that sky island and I presume that the reason was to redeem or retrieve something they might have missed during their journey and only figured it out later after they found and connected all the clues to Raftel. What could have been in Skypiea is still a puzzle but if Yamato who is in possession of the log book will be able to board the crew, they may find a way to figure it out too. By the way, I am convinced that Oden did not write anything particular to facts leading to Raftel but clues only. And I am pretty sure that it's because Roger wouldn't want it. We saw that in the most recent movie.

The short of it, Gold Roger was in possession of Uranus when they battled against Shiki. This is because it could have been the easiest to acquire if thatis only the power to manipulate the stormsand seas. Pluton could've been Oro Jackson but they were too early because Poseidon is not yet born.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Uranus was the grandfather of Zeus
Imagine Zeus represents the week version of Uranus. Would actually make a lot of sense :pepethinking:

But, I doubt that it originally was from God Valley. I should assume that it has to be Skypiea. Roger's crew had to return to that sky island
It was never mentioned they had to. They we're hunting Poneglyphs. And Oden, Inu and Neko told Roger after Skypia about their homeland RPs.
So far only Skypia only contain the informations about Poseidon -> which lead to Rogers guess that the 4th RP had to be in FI.

Gold Roger was in possession of Uranus when they battled against Shiki
Doubt Roger was in the possession of any of the Ancient Weapon and that they all awake with the return of Joy Boy.
(Which is actually the guess of this theory)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
This theory gives a good overview on the Ancient Weapons, i like it! :)

Some small comments if you don't mind 😉

With this one can conclude that the Ancient Kingdom ordered the Poneglyphs the moment they realize they are going to loose the war and that the Poneglyphs containing the informations about the Void Century were given to their allies. Meaning every nation who was in the possesion of a Poneglyph was an ally of the Ancient Kingdom.
Makes allot of sense actually. Jaya certainly seems to fit the bill and like you mentioned aswell its quite possible that Alabasta was playing both sides. What do you reckon about Impel Down however? Could they have been a nation allied to the Ancient Kingdom which was later destroyed / taken over by the WG?

These weapons are not only meant to be objects, but also living beings. Pluton is a ship while Poseidon is a Mermaid Princess able to control the Sea Kings while Uranus is still completly unknown. Combining that the Poneglyphs contains informations about the Ancient Weapons with the assumption that the Poneglyphs were ordered by the Ancient Kingdom and hand over to their allies one can conclude that the Ancient Kingdom and their allies were in the possesion of these Weapons.
Yes and no in my opinion. I do believe the Ancient Weapons were linked to the Ancient Kingdom, makes sense naming wise. However I'm not quite certain about the Weapons part if you catch my drift. We know that both Pluton and Shirahoshi are described as weapons as they are capable of mass destruction but they have certain other functions as well. Pluton for example is capable of whiping out an entire Island if used once but in the end it's still a ship, a means of transportation and doesn't have to be used as a weapon if you don't want it to. Shirahoshi can talk to / command Sea Kings and create chaos in the all the seas in One Piece, if the Sea Kings were to leave the calm belt for example, but if she doesn't order them to do that her ability can be quite harmles as well. What if the whole weapons part was just a ploy of the WG to allow them to persecute anyone researching the Poneglyphs? Have to think about it some more.

The ones we were waiting for, for me definetly a reference to the outcome of Jolly Roger Laugh Tale adventure. Also interisting in Odens flashblack we saw the Sea Kings saying that ones the Kings returns the whales will be happy again.
I actually didn't catch this while reading the manga! Pirate King is the King of Whales?! :ROFLMAO:

I think there was actually noone doubting anymore that Luffy is or will become the new Joy Boy, but I hope these points just strengthen this idea.
Agreed. ;)

But like Shirahoshi is a new Poseidon I think the Thousand Sunny can be seen as new Pluton! Does this mean Thousand Sunny was build based on the blueprints of Pluton? Actually not I think Franky manage to create a new Pluton completly independent from the first one and I am going to say the new one will end up surpassing the first one!
Hmm not so sure. The reason the blueprints were passed down was because of the fear of Pluton falling in the wrong hands. That if somebody managed to locate it and use it for evil purposses that there was a possibility of making a second one so the original could be stopped/destroyed. Yes I know Franky liked to built battleships and weapons but somehow I feel like he would cross a line if for example Sunny could be used to destroy an entire Island. I rather see Sunny as similar to the Oro Jackson, a ship that can sail anywhere in the world no matter the circumstances of sea/weather or climate.

So far we know nothing about the Ancient Weapon Uranus besides this weapon have to be as strong as a warship able to destroy a whole island or a mermaid princess who is able to control the Sea Kings.
A mentioned before, its likely something that can be used to devestating effects but likely has a different purpose as well. My best bet would be something weather related because its named after the Greek God of the Sky.

My approach for this theory is to take a look at the wanted posters from Im. There we had Luffy who stands for Joy Boy, Shirahoshi who is the new Poseidon and Vivi who is connected to Pluton with that the only who is left out so far is Blackbeard!
Yup (y) , its likely either something AW related or something D related, could be both.

Lets try to get a step further. Looking at the silhouette of God Valley it somehow reminds me on the silhouettte of Emerald City in Wizard of Oz.
Suprinsingly there is a myth about about an Emerald City in OPverse.
:whistle: always wondered about the emeral city and what Oda planned to do with it but this makes sense. Never watched the Wizard of Oz myself but there is a resemblance.

The story of a legendary pirate captain searching for a powerful weapon in Emerald City, a place not existing on any map, would be something a character like Bellamy would considere as fairytale. Lets continue with the assumption that Emerald City was indeed a city on God Valley and the place connected to Uranus and add the meaning of Uranus. The Ancient Weapons are named after Gods and Uranus resembles the Greek God of the Sky thats why many believe that Uranus powers are related to the weather. Combining weather with Oz I directly have to think about the Wicked Witch of the East who is a powerful Witch able to control the weather. And actually it shouldn't take long for a One Piece fan to find a character who perfectly resembles the Wicked Witch of the East and that is Nami! She is coming from the East Blue, was called witch many times and is able to control the weather with her "magic wand".
On top of the mentioned points Nami also have a supernatural sense for weather.
Finally this follow ony of the Main aspects of the New World saga which seems to be resolving the origins of Luffy and his first 4 crewmembers who started with him in East Blue. It started with Sanjis family plot in Whole Cake Island, now we have the ties between Zoro and Wano, the story of Luffy will definetly come on Laugh Tale and I have actually no doubt the Usopps arc will become Elbaf. Thus an Arc with Nami end up being tied to Uranus resolving her past would make a lot of sense also storywise.

This seems to fit. Rather then Nami being Uranus its more likely Nami is the one person that can use Uranus to its max capabilities, if it is tied to the weather,

Top Bottom