Powers & Abilities 7 signs of Vergo possessing conquerors haki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So at this point in the story we know that an advanced application of CoC is the major thing that will determine whether you can make it to the topic or not. If not for an overpowered devil fruit or otherwise monstrous physical abilities, this is what is required to become what is commonly referred to as a "top tier".

So this is an apt point in the story to point out some obvious hints about a (moronically) forgotten character that showed, I believe, quite definite signs of this ability.

So without further ado, I will give you what I believe to be, in all, seven hints, which when formulated together makes for a good case that Vergo possesses the “Kingly ambition” himself

(1) the taming of a dragon

As we know one application of conqueror’s hak can be used to pacify and tame beasts and animals by means of intimidation, and this is a tool Luffy readily avails himself of, as in lieu of fighting monsters it is easier to simply bend them to his will.

I believe we have witnessed this on many occasions so as to be able to show that Luffy whenever he can opts for this when confronted with animals or beasts that oppose him. The clearest indication (and first allusion to this ability of his) is when Luffy did this instinctually to a bull as (unbeknownst to him) he was applying CoC to pacify it, which he didn’t even know was an ability of his at this point in the story.

Luffy managed to tame the guardian ape monster of Wano and we have seen many other instances of Luffy taming animals and beasts.

Suffice it to say, if Luffy is unable to tame and pacify an animal, it would be because his conqueror’s haki is not strong enough (as in he couldn’t pacify Kraken, but he did become friends with it which is just a gag type of writing but goes to show how it works).

So with all that said, when Luffy first encounters the dragon of Punk Hazard there is nothing to suggest he can even begin to tame it. It’s obvious he would if he could but there is an outdrawn fight instead.

Later in the same arc when we learn of an even more terrifying dragon than the one Luffy and Strawhats fought, we see how it simply (without any explanation whatsoever) fly away in absolute terror once Vergo approaches

as the second panels follows shortly afterwards we learn that this dragon is stronger, as the smaller dragons are the “improved models” with the bigger dragon simply being considered a failure and was simply abandoned by Vegapunk.

It is a ferocious animal with kamikaze-like attacks and a viscous taste for blood.

So this in and of itself is not convincing enough, but as there are more hints of conqueror’s being at play, I will simply state that I think Vergo exerted conqueror’s haki on the dragon from a distance the same way Shanks did on admiral Ryokugu in chapter 1055.

You may then ask why he didn't exert conquerors on G-5? Simple, they must all be killed so knocking them out, well, think of it like it is easier to kill the people coming at you all at once, which they did. This is all practically speaking, but the honourable way if you gonna kill someone is you do it face to face, not with them asleep or back turned, which is why Vergo did what he did 🤷‍♂️

(2) frozen to the bones

As I have previously speculated in one of my threads, the use of advanced conqueror’s haki nullifies the use of the opponent’s devil fruit, which I think I was definitely proven right this chapter 1055 when Shanks used it on Greenbull, which ended with Greenbull forcibly reverting to human form

here is my thread where I brought up this exact idea (this thread is also on the Worstgen forum)

Zoro performs something similar, though not exactly, onto Monet with use of intimidation.

I believe this preceding event shows a similar use of intimidation that Vergo does onto Tashigi. Tashigi is simply unable to do anything in Vergo’s terrifying presence. She is completely paralyzed with his overpowering disabling her from being able to do anything.

(3) the staredown
In professional fighting like UFC a mandatory event and as a key way to promote a fight is the staredown between two fighters. The staredown is by no means unimportant as one intimidating stare alone could be enough for some fighters to demoralize their opponent mentally, to get in their heads and dominate them psychologically. Likewise you can use it just to read your opponent before the fight.

I think this is what Oda is going for here, as shortly afterwards Vergo was applying indimidation onto Tashigi we have a nice little staredown between Sanji and Vergo, the latter simply viewing and assessing the little ant that has come his way.

Guess who won the staredown? Guess who is huffing (the small cloud underneath Sanji’s shin) just from a simple exchange of glances? Guess who looks really scared, while the other looks as cool can be...

There was no need to have this panel of them staring down each other for no reason. What it meant to show was the dominance Vergo displayed and which Sanji clearly felt.

You would think Sanji possesses a great chance of getting CoC now that Zoro has it (Sanji fans can prove with panels how their boy possesses the Supreme King spirit)

Let it be known that Vergo crushed Sanji, a coc user, with an exchange of glances. Vergo dismantled Sanji in the staredown and has him shooked.

This is how he knew Sanji was crap, why Vergo decided to troll him and fought him in a demeaning manner to humiliate him.

(4) Vergo’s unquestionable role as a leader

Vergo was an inspiring leader, regarded as a father figure by the soldiers in G-5. He was so loved that the G-5 soldiers were all convinced that the Vergo they saw was an imposter.

Vergo simply garnered an immense level of respect by those who served under him. This alone speaks for itself about his masterful appeal as a leader for both his strength and courage that encourages his men in the most desperate of times

(Remember the G-5s are up against a smile monster, strawhats, Caesar, Law and they are immediately riled up from Vergo’s presence alone)

(5) Sanji’s broken leg

So it’s not some easy feat to break Sanji’s leg to begin with, even more so when you attack with the weakpoint (ankle clashing with Sanji’s knee) that means 0 hardness in the collisionfas everything favours sanji in this clash
(2) Vergo’s leg is bent 90% so there is no actual momentum and force, such that in no way does Vergo leverage either force or hardness that should make this fracture viable in this clash.

The fractured bone is protected by both thick muscles and bone of Sanji’s upper shin, yet Vergo somehow fractured it even with the right ankle clashing in a weird looking stance, Vergo pulled off a feat that is simply unmatched in the series so far

The only thing that can account for this in my
opinion is haki that penetrates Sanji’s leg, ie the application of internal emission haki.

Do I think internal CoA can be possessed by any other than a CoC user? No, internal CoA is much rarer than CoC, and it is a ability that is so hard to achieve you have to had the aptitude and work ethic to work extrmely hard in order to unleash it (Vergo) or simply you inherit the ability by plot (like Luffy though a weaker version than Vergo).

In all this also indicates that Vergo has CoC.

(6) Doflamingo trusted Vergo because of his CoC

“The boy’s awakened to Supreme King. His potential could be even greater than Law’s”

Doflamingo states here that the potential of Luffy is greater than Law for possessing Conqueror’s haki. From Doffy’s understanding he thinks a powerful conqueror’s haki is more powerful than someone who is a skilled ability user of the most destructive devil fruit in existence, the Opi Opi No Mi.

As of chapter 1055, we have seen multiple uses of conquerors haki trump the ability of devil fruit users, as by dint of their Supreme King's ability, Big Mom and Kaido could disable Law’s application of the spatial abilities of his fruit. Doflamingo simply thinks that a CoC user of note > Law’s Ope Ope No Mi.

Worth mentioning is that in the same panel above Doflamingo notifies also Caesar that Luffy possesses conquerors haki, so Caesar also knows full well that Luffy is a CoC user, yet he nevertheless praises Vergo as much superior to him in the haki department (though only referencing the armament haki specifically here).

To summarise, Doflamingo trusts Vergo to withstand the cutting ability of Law, even though he is bloody well aware of the awesome power of Law’s fruit, as he is amongst the most savvy people in the New World when it comes to this kind of knowledge; hell, Doflamingo made it his mission to get his hands on the bloody fruit! Doflamingo nevertheless has complete trust in Vergo.

Notice how Oda purposefully makes Caesar refer to Vergo’s “armament haki” whereas Doflamingo simply says “his haki” in reference to Vergo’s ability to withstand Law’s devil fruit power, such that there can be no ambiguity, that Doflamingo specifically refers to his whole haki (spirit) and not just the armament haki, which was pretty impressive in and of itself.

There is a clear distinctive difference where Oda wants us to know Vergo has a vastly more powerful CoA than Luffy (according to Caesar) and that he also possesses a powerful Supreme King’s ability as per Doffy’s statement.

Doffy views someone that is a powerful conqueror’s haki user as superior to someone with a hax fruit. These are simply the facts.

(7) Law’s awakening

When Law cuts Vergo there is simply a fundamentally different scale to his attack that seems to stretch across the entire island, that is not a small island by any stretch.

Law makes an inordinate sized room to cut Vergo when you would think nothing should call out for that excessive act if he simply has greater haki (see Tashigi for instance). Smoker did ok against Law and could clash in a rather sizeable room (Doflamingo arguably a smaller one) but this slash of Vergo went way over the norm.

It is similar to the awakened move he used on Big Mom. The only way for Law to have been able to make that room size is if he used awakening, and the only real reason he would have had to use awakening is if Vergo’s haki (whether armament or conqueror’s or simply combination of both) was so great, Law would be left with no other choice.

Summary

I think given all of these hints, you’d be hard pressed to argue that Vergo doesn’t possess the Supreme King’s haki. Everything more or less points to the fact. Vergo echoes through the ages and the hundredths of chapter after his absence as we see more and more characters completely unable to match Vergo's feats that firm in their own right. Also no other character can be said to have the same level of mystique about their character (asides from I would say Monet) which just proves how much he will come to matter in term of future storybuilding.

Thanks for reading if you managed to get all the way to this point :):coffee:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Obviously it was not a very strong conquering kings haki. He was doffy's subordinate for a reason. He probably had potential in a couple of decades to be a ferocious figure on the seas, but was beaten down by law and smoker.

The reason why he lost is simple. He was merely a vice admiral and only at the level of subordinate. Even if you attribute his feats to conquering kings haki, it did not manifest like luffy, katakuri, or doffy's. At best it was a less potent version of zoros when he beat monet. If that's even why he beat monet.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Obviously it was not a very strong conquering kings haki. He was doffy's subordinate for a reason. He probably had potential in a couple of decades to be a ferocious figure on the seas, but was beaten down by law and smoker.

The reason why he lost is simple. He was merely a vice admiral and only at the level of subordinate. Even if you attribute his feats to conquering kings haki, it did not manifest like luffy, katakuri, or doffy's. At best it was a less potent version of zoros when he beat monet. If that's even why he beat monet.

Wow, how much did you actually read? I literally showed in the first example why Vergo has superior conqueror’s haki to Luffy. Can you bother reading that part again lol

I won’t address so many of your faulty points

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Wow, how much did you actually read? I literally showed in the first example why Vergo has superior conqueror’s haki to Luffy. Can you bother reading that part again lol

I won’t address so many of your faulty points
It was an interesting take but if Virgo had such a powerful conquer haki, he would have used it to subdue his opponents lol. But ya if you don't want to respond because you don't have actual evidence. Then it's no problem.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It was an interesting take but if Virgo had such a powerful conquer haki, he would have used it to subdue his opponents lol. But ya if you don't want to respond because you don't have actual evidence. Then it's no problem.
Subdue his opponents? You mean what? Knock them out? There are personal motivations for why he did not want to knock out the fodder of G5. Also remember that Oda prefers a layer of mystery. He did for a fact scare away the stronger dragon from a great distance away

In his staredown with Sanji he made him sweat and breathe more heavy, so it shows Vergo could dominate him mentally and psychologically. That is not to say he can necessarily knock out Sanji, but you just fail to take into account Vergo’s motivations. Obviously Sanji was never but a plaything for him it was humiliating

What do you mean Law and Smoker beat him down?

I seem to remember it was Vergo that broke through Smoker’s haki weapon and guard with a stationary rotation of his bamboo, and the shockwave dismembered Smoer in two .

Vergo dismembered Smoker in two with just a shockwave of his swinging his bamboo around, something Law never managed to do against Smoker in their 30min fight

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So at this point in the story we know that an advanced application of CoC is the major thing that will determine whether you can make it to the topic or not. If not for an overpowered devil fruit or otherwise monstrous physical abilities, this is what is required to become what is commonly referred to as a "top tier".

So this is an apt point in the story to point out some obvious hints about a (moronically) forgotten character that showed, I believe, quite definite signs of this ability.

So without further ado, I will give you what I believe to be, in all, seven hints, which when formulated together makes for a good case that Vergo possesses the “Kingly ambition” himself

(1) the taming of a dragon

As we know one application of conqueror’s hak can be used to pacify and tame beasts and animals by means of intimidation, and this is a tool Luffy readily avails himself of, as in lieu of fighting monsters it is easier to simply bend them to his will.

I believe we have witnessed this on many occasions so as to be able to show that Luffy whenever he can opts for this when confronted with animals or beasts that oppose him. The clearest indication (and first allusion to this ability of his) is when Luffy did this instinctually to a bull as (unbeknownst to him) he was applying CoC to pacify it, which he didn’t even know was an ability of his at this point in the story.

Luffy managed to tame the guardian ape monster of Wano and we have seen many other instances of Luffy taming animals and beasts.

Suffice it to say, if Luffy is unable to tame and pacify an animal, it would be because his conqueror’s haki is not strong enough (as in he couldn’t pacify Kraken, but he did become friends with it which is just a gag type of writing but goes to show how it works).

So with all that said, when Luffy first encounters the dragon of Punk Hazard there is nothing to suggest he can even begin to tame it. It’s obvious he would if he could but there is an outdrawn fight instead.

Later in the same arc when we learn of an even more terrifying dragon than the one Luffy and Strawhats fought, we see how it simply (without any explanation whatsoever) fly away in absolute terror once Vergo approaches

as the second panels follows shortly afterwards we learn that this dragon is stronger, as the smaller dragons are the “improved models” with the bigger dragon simply being considered a failure and was simply abandoned by Vegapunk.

It is a ferocious animal with kamikaze-like attacks and a viscous taste for blood.

So this in and of itself is not convincing enough, but as there are more hints of conqueror’s being at play, I will simply state that I think Vergo exerted conqueror’s haki on the dragon from a distance the same way Shanks did on admiral Ryokugu in chapter 1055.

You may then ask why he didn't exert conquerors on G-5? Simple, they must all be killed so knocking them out, well, think of it like it is easier to kill the people coming at you all at once, which they did. This is all practically speaking, but the honourable way if you gonna kill someone is you do it face to face, not with them asleep or back turned, which is why Vergo did what he did 🤷‍♂️

(2) frozen to the bones

As I have previously speculated in one of my threads, the use of advanced conqueror’s haki nullifies the use of the opponent’s devil fruit, which I think I was definitely proven right this chapter 1055 when Shanks used it on Greenbull, which ended with Greenbull forcibly reverting to human form

here is my thread where I brought up this exact idea (this thread is also on the Worstgen forum)

Zoro performs something similar, though not exactly, onto Monet with use of intimidation.

I believe this preceding event shows a similar use of intimidation that Vergo does onto Tashigi. Tashigi is simply unable to do anything in Vergo’s terrifying presence. She is completely paralyzed with his overpowering disabling her from being able to do anything.

(3) the staredown
In professional fighting like UFC a mandatory event and as a key way to promote a fight is the staredown between two fighters. The staredown is by no means unimportant as one intimidating stare alone could be enough for some fighters to demoralize their opponent mentally, to get in their heads and dominate them psychologically. Likewise you can use it just to read your opponent before the fight.

I think this is what Oda is going for here, as shortly afterwards Vergo was applying indimidation onto Tashigi we have a nice little staredown between Sanji and Vergo, the latter simply viewing and assessing the little ant that has come his way.

Guess who won the staredown? Guess who is huffing (the small cloud underneath Sanji’s shin) just from a simple exchange of glances? Guess who looks really scared, while the other looks as cool can be...

There was no need to have this panel of them staring down each other for no reason. What it meant to show was the dominance Vergo displayed and which Sanji clearly felt.

You would think Sanji possesses a great chance of getting CoC now that Zoro has it (Sanji fans can prove with panels how their boy possesses the Supreme King spirit)

Let it be known that Vergo crushed Sanji, a coc user, with an exchange of glances. Vergo dismantled Sanji in the staredown and has him shooked.

This is how he knew Sanji was crap, why Vergo decided to troll him and fought him in a demeaning manner to humiliate him.

(4) Vergo’s unquestionable role as a leader

Vergo was an inspiring leader, regarded as a father figure by the soldiers in G-5. He was so loved that the G-5 soldiers were all convinced that the Vergo they saw was an imposter.

Vergo simply garnered an immense level of respect by those who served under him. This alone speaks for itself about his masterful appeal as a leader for both his strength and courage that encourages his men in the most desperate of times

(Remember the G-5s are up against a smile monster, strawhats, Caesar, Law and they are immediately riled up from Vergo’s presence alone)

(5) Sanji’s broken leg

So it’s not some easy feat to break Sanji’s leg to begin with, even more so when you attack with the weakpoint (ankle clashing with Sanji’s knee) that means 0 hardness in the collisionfas everything favours sanji in this clash
(2) Vergo’s leg is bent 90% so there is no actual momentum and force, such that in no way does Vergo leverage either force or hardness that should make this fracture viable in this clash.

The fractured bone is protected by both thick muscles and bone of Sanji’s upper shin, yet Vergo somehow fractured it even with the right ankle clashing in a weird looking stance, Vergo pulled off a feat that is simply unmatched in the series so far

The only thing that can account for this in my
opinion is haki that penetrates Sanji’s leg, ie the application of internal emission haki.

Do I think internal CoA can be possessed by any other than a CoC user? No, internal CoA is much rarer than CoC, and it is a ability that is so hard to achieve you have to had the aptitude and work ethic to work extrmely hard in order to unleash it (Vergo) or simply you inherit the ability by plot (like Luffy though a weaker version than Vergo).

In all this also indicates that Vergo has CoC.

(6) Doflamingo trusted Vergo because of his CoC

“The boy’s awakened to Supreme King. His potential could be even greater than Law’s”

Doflamingo states here that the potential of Luffy is greater than Law for possessing Conqueror’s haki. From Doffy’s understanding he thinks a powerful conqueror’s haki is more powerful than someone who is a skilled ability user of the most destructive devil fruit in existence, the Opi Opi No Mi.

As of chapter 1055, we have seen multiple uses of conquerors haki trump the ability of devil fruit users, as by dint of their Supreme King's ability, Big Mom and Kaido could disable Law’s application of the spatial abilities of his fruit. Doflamingo simply thinks that a CoC user of note > Law’s Ope Ope No Mi.

Worth mentioning is that in the same panel above Doflamingo notifies also Caesar that Luffy possesses conquerors haki, so Caesar also knows full well that Luffy is a CoC user, yet he nevertheless praises Vergo as much superior to him in the haki department (though only referencing the armament haki specifically here).

To summarise, Doflamingo trusts Vergo to withstand the cutting ability of Law, even though he is bloody well aware of the awesome power of Law’s fruit, as he is amongst the most savvy people in the New World when it comes to this kind of knowledge; hell, Doflamingo made it his mission to get his hands on the bloody fruit! Doflamingo nevertheless has complete trust in Vergo.

Notice how Oda purposefully makes Caesar refer to Vergo’s “armament haki” whereas Doflamingo simply says “his haki” in reference to Vergo’s ability to withstand Law’s devil fruit power, such that there can be no ambiguity, that Doflamingo specifically refers to his whole haki (spirit) and not just the armament haki, which was pretty impressive in and of itself.

There is a clear distinctive difference where Oda wants us to know Vergo has a vastly more powerful CoA than Luffy (according to Caesar) and that he also possesses a powerful Supreme King’s ability as per Doffy’s statement.

Doffy views someone that is a powerful conqueror’s haki user as superior to someone with a hax fruit. These are simply the facts.

(7) Law’s awakening

When Law cuts Vergo there is simply a fundamentally different scale to his attack that seems to stretch across the entire island, that is not a small island by any stretch.

Law makes an inordinate sized room to cut Vergo when you would think nothing should call out for that excessive act if he simply has greater haki (see Tashigi for instance). Smoker did ok against Law and could clash in a rather sizeable room (Doflamingo arguably a smaller one) but this slash of Vergo went way over the norm.

It is similar to the awakened move he used on Big Mom. The only way for Law to have been able to make that room size is if he used awakening, and the only real reason he would have had to use awakening is if Vergo’s haki (whether armament or conqueror’s or simply combination of both) was so great, Law would be left with no other choice.

Summary

I think given all of these hints, you’d be hard pressed to argue that Vergo doesn’t possess the Supreme King’s haki. Everything more or less points to the fact. Vergo echoes through the ages and the hundredths of chapter after his absence as we see more and more characters completely unable to match Vergo's feats that firm in their own right. Also no other character can be said to have the same level of mystique about their character (asides from I would say Monet) which just proves how much he will come to matter in term of future storybuilding.

Thanks for reading if you managed to get all the way to this point :):coffee:
He has it for sure. I was an avid Vergo supporter back on WorstGen like a year ago, you were my favorite member, I even remember suggesting he had it to you in that wretched discord server

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
He has it for sure. I was an avid Vergo supporter back on WorstGen like a year ago, you were my favorite member, I even remember suggesting he had it to you in that wretched discord server
Zup!

Were you the guy from Florida, the Vinsmoke Ichiji fan, no? 😁

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Says you were banned there. Lol Soca is he still there right
I’m on my second 3 month vacation no big deal, I’m on my routine Worstgen alt having a blast. But it’s hard trying to pretend I’m not a die hard Sanji stan. Can’t have mods sniffing me out, so far I’ve lasted a month in 2 days lmao

I fucking hate Soca so yeah unfortunately.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vergo helped Doffy hone his abilities and that includes the Supreme King Haki. It’s only natural Vergo is a conqueror. Even Sanji may become one.

Top Bottom