A Grand Finale

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Pastel's own Mantra and reflexes would allow her to guard against the second ball of sound. She would do so by covering her wings and utilizing her Winged Guard to further her defenses. Her wings were bloodied, but she would be able to continue the battle still. That is, if she felt like it. Her Mantra allowed her to sense the rapidly disappearing presences of the audience members. This was supposed to be an exhibition match but her psychotic opponent was turning it into a deathmatch. Once she felt the second attack hit her defense, she reverted back to her human form. Speaking up loudly so Gambit, the remaining audience, and Buffer could all hear her loud and clear.

"Enough. This was supposed to be a match for the spectators to enjoy. Not be killed over. I surrender."

There was a mostly favorable response from the audience. Some were okay with the risk and wanted the exciting battle to continue though.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Pastel managed to block the second ammunition of concentrated soundwave, turning her wings into crimson feathers. Dripping blood would be recognized and it seemed his moves were finally becoming hurtful to the fellow beast. Gambit spiralled and was about to unleash his most destructive combat style, a fusion of both heaven and hell which aimed to dismantle whatever obstacle trying to hinder his championship. "Lucifer Mor-".

His senses begun coming back the moment he heard a loud notion from his opponent.

"Enough. This was supposed to be a match for the spectators to enjoy. Not be killed over. I surrender."
Immediately after hearing this, he cancelled out his attack, albeit a brief flame and wind were already beginning to materialize in his wake.

Buffer: "Did we hear that right!? The challenger has surrendered! Gambit still is the champion of this Underground Tournament!"

The crowd cheered in response to the announcement of the battle. "That battle was amazing."

"I know right?"
"I can't believe that it happened for only less than 5 minutes!"
"They were moving so fast and dangerously. I was actually afraid that we are going to be killed here."
"Look at the sector of the arena. It was totally blasted off."
"Damn Gambit was really a top tier. But that young woman, surely is a force to reckon. She'd be a great return contender."

Minutes Later..

"I would like to thank everyone who came here today and I am truly sorry for all the corpse of this battle. It happened. I lost my sanity during that match. It seems, I no longer have the will continue my reign in this arena. And with that, I am leaving the belt opened. To those who wish to surpass me, come over here and get your crown. Gambit out."

Top Bottom