One Piece A New Genesis!

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hey guys I have some new hot takes for you.

If you are dedicated to the One Piece world's lore, then you will love this.

As we first heard from Noland's Logbook, and as we got teased by Robin in Arabasta, the One Piece world seems to have it's own calendar system.
In our world the calendar systems help us to track down historical events and with that the Genesis of our world and the civilization and our beliefs. I know, you don't have to believe in Jesus or the Mayans, or celestial egypt gods or hinduistic figures, but it is clear that something happened at "year 0" of our calendar systems that brought those calendar systems into existence.

In One Piece we are currently in the year 1520 in the Age of the Sea Circle (short: Age of the Sea). Nico Robin was irritating Crocodile in Alabasta by reading from the Poneglyph in Alabasta and talking about the "Age of the Heaven".

Many theorists and redditors that discussed this are on the same page: This is not coincidence and Oda might hint at the One Piece world's Genesis story with this systems.

Now many people like to tackle the timeline and explain the creation of civilization with it, but I think there are more essential things to it.
For now I think Oda in inspired by something, by a so called "trinity" of the world's elements which are:

• Land
  • Sea
  • Air/Sky

This is a reoccuring thing in finction, also One Piece; because for example, we see it with Kaido, who was proclaimed to be the defeat everyone at Land, Sea, Air. - The strongest creature.

Right now the One Piece fandom is even torn about this topic, because it may hint the Ancient Weapons:
- Poseidon, god of the sea
- Pluton, god of the underworld (earth)
- Uranus, god of the sky

This is how the Ancient weapons are interpreted and how their functionalities are gauched.
Shirahoshi is Poseidon, she controls the Sea Kings and maybe is able to control currents and more with their help.
Poseidon is said to be able to destroy islands, maybe conquer them. We think it may be a battle ship, maybe there is more to it.
Uranus is unknown so far, but based on it's naming it could be something that overpowers in air and may fly. Mybe we have seen it already, but this is not topic of the theory.

Important is the concept, and I'd like to go back to a possible Genesis story, because geniouses and believers tend to assign a god to each of those three world's elements.
A god, who created the earth, a god, who created the sea, and finally a god, who created the skies.
We saw this concept very strongly in the Zelda world, for example:

The Golden Goddesses, that create Hyrule and the world it exists in.
They are Din, the Goddess of Power, Nayru, the Goddess of Wisdom, and Farore, the Goddess of Courage. (shamelessly copied from the wiki lmao)

Pretty sure a oncept of Genesis or "Creation" has been established in our real world's different mythologies. Be it Pantheos and Zeus, Amun-ra and Aten or the 5th Sun of the Aztecs. I don't have to explain it in detail to show you where I am going with it.

I think 3 gods inthe One Piece universe were creating the world as we know it.
And the 3 Ancient Weapons are inspire after them.

Now how does the Calendar system in One Piece work and what does it tell us about the gods, which created the world?
Since we are in the Age of the Sea, I strongly believe that before that there was the Age of the Heaven, and before that we had the Age of the Earth.
I think the gods may have decided to take "shifts" in how to guide the world and it's civilization to glory, and maybe, just maybe there was war involved.

Right now we are in the Age of the Sea Circle and it tells me one thing: Poseidon, or Shirahoshi is the head figure of the current age. And that is why the former Poseidon's relationship with Joyboy was so important, that is why the story focusses more on Shirahoshi than the other Ancient Weapons, because I truly believe that some kind of "God of the Sea" is blessing her so she can be the face of the current age, the one who represents the "God of the Sea".

Now with this Genesis theory in mind, I believe that Imu wants to rule of the current age themselves. Imu reversed is Umi = Sea. Imu sees themselves as true ruler and god of the Age of the Sea, but I think Imu is rather cursed, than "blessed", since the whole prophecies, the whole Joyboy timelines up to Luffy meeting Shirahoshi is rather showing us, that Shirahoshi is to become the true face of the "God of the Sea" and not Imu.

I established that a "Holy Trinity" created the world, but there has always been atleast a Sun and a Moon that always guided the civilizations trough this ages. A duality that technically never ends, unless you end it by force or wait billion of years to have it naturally fall to waste. This duality - Day and Night, Light and Darkness is reflected by Oda in some kind of power game.
Luffy - Blackbeard
Shirahoshi - Imu

Right now we are at the most climatic event within the Age of the Sea, and one winner will rise at the top to dictate what the New Order will be like.

Film Red btw is telling us that "A New Genesis" indeed can be important and story relevant, because imho Luffy and Shirahoshi, they will win this, and they will bring over this New Genesis and with that we might have figured out, what the Will of D really could suggest.

Thanks for hearing me out. <3

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
A little bit of topic in your awesome article but having read this and the recent chapter, I arrived at:

Ancient Kingdom can easily be inspired after the Mayans or Aztecs which is said to have gained an advanced technology that even the scientists today find it hard to believe how people NOT from the Medieval age or Caucasians could have or done something like that e.g. their own satelite system, structures.

Many archeologists believed that they were once occupied by aliens and hence the advancement in technology. If Ancient Kingdom is derived from this then I feel that there has to be a connection in Moon where Enel is dying to see. And if they were influenced by creatures not from Earth and somewhat tried to conquer all of earth then it goes to show why 20 kingdoms conspired to take them down.

I also want to believe that the three ancient weapons were created by and from them and was meant destroy all of us.

• Wow
Reactions: Rej

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
A little bit of topic in your awesome article but having read this and the recent chapter, I arrived at:

Ancient Kingdom can easily be inspired after the Mayans or Aztecs which is said to have gained an advanced technology that even the scientists today find it hard to believe how people NOT from the Medieval age or Caucasians could have or done something like that e.g. their own satelite system, structures.

Many archeologists believed that they were once occupied by aliens and hence the advancement in technology. If Ancient Kingdom is derived from this then I feel that there has to be a connection in Moon where Enel is dying to see. And if they were influenced by creatures not from Earth and somewhat tried to conquer all of earth then it goes to show why 20 kingdoms conspired to take them down.

I also want to believe that the three ancient weapons were created by and from them and was meant destroy all of us.
:pepemusic: yeah, aren't such new takes, but I also think that many inspirations will be paralleled there with the ancient kingdom, and more references to celestial beings

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I also want to believe that the three ancient weapons were created by and from them and was meant destroy all of us
Would be crazy plottwist if Luffys real Dream would be to destroy the world after becoming the greatest :weirdpeep:

@Rej how do you think about the 4 Gods introduced in Skypia? Sun, Rain, Forest and Earth?

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
@Rej how do you think about the 4 Gods introduced in Skypia? Sun, Rain, Forest and Earth?
they could be substitute gods of creation, especially Rain and Forest, since a planet could technically be created without rain and forest

could also be that I am off in the end and we might have a 4th Ancient Weapon (Imu) and they are all inspired after the 4 gods

but for now I rather think they are substitute gods

especially the Sun good would just be representing the sun, since the former Sun God Nika also just seemed to be a person/messiah figure as Luffy is right now.
Like, what's important in my theory is the creation of the world, not the universe or the sun. So the sun may existed before the planet and that's why you could say a "representative figure" descends to earth.
A concept of Light/Darkness, that's why a god of creation can, or their face/representative can fall into either side of the coin.

Based on that concept we could have had multiple personalities in each Age of the world cycles:

1. Dark Uranus
2. Sun Uranus
3. Dark Pluton
4. Sun Pluton
5. Dark Poseidon
6. Sun Poseidon

7. Sun God Nika
8. Darkness God ???

Dawn/Dusk
we are current in the Age of Sea circle and it is "Dusk", which means Imu could be the Dark Poseidon, who has been blessed by the Darkness God, and his personal messiah could even be Blackbeard
our goal is to change the current Age of the Sea circle and turn it into "Dawn", which means the new god shall be Shirahoshi (sun Poseidon), andher personal messiah is Luffy with the blessing of the Sun God Nika.

Now Skypieans are heavily tied to the sky, so their origins may date back to The Age of Heaven and maybe during that age of heaven there were gods, maybe a version of Poseidon/Uranus that took on the role as a "Rain God", and over all the different Ages they tried to shape the world.

Top Bottom