One Piece Admiral Color-Zodiac theory

Part I: "The 3 Admiral Trios"
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Introduction
The Marine Admirals have aliases which are a combination of a color and an animal of the Chinese Zodiacs. So far there were Blue Pheasant, Yellow Monkey, Red Dog, Wisteria Tiger and Green Bull. In part I of this theory I wanna try to predict the aliases of future Admirals in part II I will suggest characters which may become Admiral later in the storyline.

Admiral Orange
The story told us there used to be always 3 Marine Admirals in OPverse. These 3 Admirals represent the strongest force of the Marines. Before the timeskip the 3 Admirals were Kuzan aka Blue Pheasant, Borsalino aka Yellow Monkey and Sakazuki aka Red Dog. During the timeskip Sakazuki was promoted and became the new Fleet Admiral and Kuzan retreated and became an ally of the Yonkou Blackbeared. The 2 empty slots were filled by Issho aka Wisteria Tiger and a man known as Green Bull.
In SBS 73 a user asked why Issho alias is Wisteria Tiger and not Purple Tiger. The answer was that Oda didn't like the spelling of Purple Tiger.

Like many others I expect that Borsalino will be replaced by Admiral Orange ??? with ??? end up being one of the remaining seven Animals of the Chinese Zodiac The reason is, all members of the pre TS Admiral trio actually have a primary color (of classic art) in their aliases and the 2 new Admirals have secondary colors in their aliases. So the last of the former primary color trio have to be replaced by someone also having a secondary color in his alias. And by looking a Chinese Zodiac

one will see that the 3 animals of the pre TS trio stick together and that the same can be said about the animals of the 2 new Admirals. So the alias of the next Admiral should be either Orange Rat or Orange Rabbit.

The 3 Admiral trios
Now we are coming to 2 characters who are not Admirals, but following the Color-Zodiac pattern, Gion aka Pink Rabbit and Tokikake aka Brown Pig. Both of them are famous Vice Admirals who were part of the World Military Draft to fill the 2 empty Admiral slots. And I also wanna add the former Fleet Admiral Sengoku, because he was not only introduce with a goat but also appears from time with his goat he represents the goat for me.

And if we remove the Goat, the Pig and the Rabbit from Chinese Zodiacs we get 3 trios.

1. Yellow Monkey, Blue Pheasant(Rooster), Red Dog
  2. Orange Rat, Green Bull(Ox), Wisteria Tiger
  3. ??? Dragon, ??? Cobra(Snake)*, ??? Horse
*to follow the pattern of Pheasant and Bull, explicit Cobra explanation will follow in part II

The third Admiral trio
Its quite obvious that after secondary colors the tetriary colors have to come, but there are 6 and not only 3 tetriary colors. The colors are amber, vermilion, magenta, violet, teal and charteuse. But if we wanna keep it symmetric there are actually to combinations possible
amber, magenta and teal
vermilion, violet and chartreuse
I think we can take out the first 3 tetriary colors by looking at the 3 Zodiacs we took out. By looking at Sengokus Buddha form it is quite clear Sengokus color is gold which is super close to amber. Then we have Gion aka Pink Rabbit with pink being close to magenta. And finally there is Tokikake aka brown pig and all duckfans will directly think about the New Zealand Brown Teal, I agree the last one is abit force but excluding 2 colors from the first list is in my opinion enough to go with the second list.
Now is the how do we connect color and animal and out of the 6 possibilities I think there is one that make the most sense. If you look again at the Chinese Zodiac you will see orange follows of yellow, green of blue and purple of red it should continue with
  • Yellow -> Orange -> Vermilion
  • Blue -> Green -> Chartreuse
  • Red -> Purple -> Violet

Thats why I think the third trio is actually Vermilion Dragon(Shirioryu), Chartreuse Cobra(Kusakobura*) and Violet Horse(Aiuma**). And I think that this will be the Admiral trio which will be introduced at the End of the Story by Oda showing us what kind of impact Luffy finding the One Piece having on the OPverse.
*Kuskobura literally means Grass Cobra, thats because the translation of chatreuse green is Wakakusairo(lit young grass color)
**These is actually no different between violet and purple in japanese so I decided to go with indigo which is actually blue-violet.

Conclusion part I
By combinig the classical RYB color system with the Chinese Zodiac I manage to determine 3 Admiral trios standing for 3 different parts of the One Piece story line
Pre TS: Yellow Monkey, Blue Pheasant and Red Dog
Post TS: Orange Rat, Green Bull and Wisteria Tiger
EoS: Vermilion Dragon, Chartreuse Cobra and Violet Horse

Last edited:
Part II: "The next Admirals"
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Introduction
After deteremining the aliases of future Marine Admirals in part I, I am going to continue by filling the empty slots with characters who already appeared in the story. I will start with Orange Rat the only one that is missing from the post TS trio. Afterwards I will continue with the EoS trio starting with Chartreuse Cobra.

Admiral Orange Rat
For me there 3 very important things for an One Piece character to be able to become an Admiral under Sakazuki
  • one of the strongest characters in OPverse
  • following the absolute justice
  • be connected to the role of a famous japanese actor
And indeed there is a character who not only fulfills all three points I mentioned, but also is the perfect choice for the alias Orange Rat. The character I am talking about is Vice Admiral John Giant.
Marineford performence
When hearing the name John Giant many think about him as the one ended up as hypetool to Whitebeard during Marineford War, but especially with new Wano content his loss isn't as bad as many think. The attack with which Whitebeard took down John Giant was an attack that need the combined CoA of all three pre TS Admirals.

Also comparing John Giant perfermance with the performance of Vice Admiral Ronse

Ronse weapon shatter John Giants sword didn't get a scratch. This put John Giant clearly above Ronse and it tool Vista above Ronse. Not to mention it actually took Vista and another one to stop an attack of Ronse.
On top of that there is no other member of the Marine who has more badges then him, which in my opinion speaks for him and hype his power. And he was the one commanding the Enis Lobby Buster Call, which is for me a sign that puts him above the likes of Momonga, Onigumo, Doberman, Strawberry and Yamakaji.
Strong supporter of the Absolute Justice
John Giant was actually introduced back in East Blue Saga holding a speech about Absolute Justice.

So one can say he is not only an ordinary supporter of the Absolute Justice he is an someone who is inspiring others to follow the Absolute Justice. Its actually not the only time we saw John Giant inspiring the troops. It wasn't Sengoku nor one of the 3 Admirals holding a speech right before Marineford War started it was John Giant.

The actor behind John Giant
Not only the 4 known Admirals but also Tokikake and Gion are based on as pecific role of a famous japanese actor. Thats why we have to assume that all Admirals have to be based on a role of a japanese actor. And in the case of John Giant it have to be Chikari Hashimoto in his role as the Daimajin. The Daimajin is not only a swordfighting Giant they also share one obvious detail... a chin that looks like a pair of balls...

Orange Rat
Now coming to the alias. That orange fit is quite obvious John Giant always wears an orange shirt. But some migh ask why Rat? No it is not Rat the smallest and John Giant the tallest. Actually the Rat is the first animal of the Chinese Zodiac and John Giant was the first Giant Marine and will most likely become the first Giant Marine Admiral.

The EoS Trio
Chartreuse Cobra

So lets finally start with Admiral Chartreuse Cobra. The character I suggest for this spot is a character that we have to see as Admiral at the End of the Story otherwise it be for as dissapointing as Luffy failing to find One Piece. I expect you already know about which character I am going to talk, Rear Admiral Coby. Actually I just recently notice that he wears a conteuse green bandana and a teal scarf which are actually the 2 green tetriary colors.

And with Coby becoming snake its very reasonable to change snake to cobra. The chinese cobra is also known as spectral snake, because the marks on the back of the snakes hood resemble eyeglasses(in Germany these snakes are also knwon as "Brillenschlange" which literally means "eyeglasses snake"). And guess who is wearing glasses? Coby!

Violet Horse
For this spot I actually only foud the beatiful Rear Admiral Hina. Like Coby she is rising star and she is the only character I found to fit with the colors. She has violet sunglasses and wears megenta clothes.

Vermilion Dragon
The last one is a bit tricky. He is neither a member of the Marine nor does this clothes have anything to do with the colors amber or vermilion. But therefore his attacks resembles a the attacks of a Dragon and the colors amber and Vermilion represent the color of his logia powers. Do you who I am talking about? Yes it is the number 2 of the revolutionary army, Sabo.

As already mentioned for me the EoS Admirals will be the Admirals years after Luffy found One Piece and change the world. So there will be a new World Goverment the Marine is going to protect. So Sabo who fought to create a new World Goverment end up protecting it would fit very well. Actually Vermillion doesn't only represent the red of fire it would also be a tribute to his brothers, because vermilion is the mix of red like Luffy and orange like Ace. Also many connects Sabo with the phoenix because he was reborn and the phoenix is also known as the vermilion bird.
The Fleet Admiral at the End of the Story
Well it is quite clear that in the end Sakazuki will be replaced. And actually the character I expect to be the Fleet Admiral at the End of the Story is neither Smoker nor Issho. I think Smoker will remain Vice Admiral basically becoming the next Garp and Issho might even end up replacing Kong. The character I expect to become the Fleet Admiral is actually Gion. This can be explained by looking at the Chinese Zodiac. If you considere Tokikake and Gion being part of the post TS generation the animal always standing in front of the current generation.

Gion character also fits to become a leading figure especially because she was introduced as strict person. On top of that she was raised by no less person then the great Tsuru.

Conclusion
In this theory I used the Color and Chinese Zodiac theme to determine future Admirals and their aliases. For every important part in the storyline(pre TS, post TS and EoS) there will be a new Fleet Admiral and a new Admiral Trio. The Fleet Admirals are Sengoku(pre TS), Sakazuki(post TS) and Gion(EoS). The aliases of the three trios are
Pre TS: Yellow Monkey, Blue Pheasant and Red Dog
Post TS: Orange Rat, Green Bull and Wisteria Tiger
With John Giantreplacing Borsalino and becomi Admiral Orange Rat. And the EoS trio Sabo aka Vermilion Dragon, Coby aka Chartreuse Cobra and Hina aks Violet Horse.

I really hope you enjoyed reading it. What are your thoughts on it?

This theory is based on 2 theories I created in OroJackson:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I wonder if we have enough time left to replace Borsalino before the end of the story. Maybe he disregards sakazukis orders and goes to wano, where kaido kills him or something, and then during elbaf john giants appointment becomes a plot point. Maybe he gets many giants on the side of the world government.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Kizaru will be the first Admiral to down ! And will b replaced by the one with Orange colour..

I wonder what kind of organization will lead the world in the end ?
Depends on that eos admirals could b
Coby/Smoker , Boa Hancock , Momo

Kizaru gonna down for sure , there is no way 3 Yanko will down without taking any admiral

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I wonder if we have enough time left to replace Borsalino before the end of the story. Maybe he disregards sakazukis orders and goes to wano, where kaido kills him or something, and then during elbaf john giants appointment becomes a plot point. Maybe he gets many giants on the side of the world government.
That Borsalino ends up in Wano end up getting killed by Kiadou-Linlin-combo is possible. But maybe he was the one send to deal with Mihawk^^

Depends on that eos admirals could b
Coby/Smoker , Boa Hancock , Momo
How do you think about my suggested trio in part 2?
With Hina (Horse), Coby (Snake/Cobra) and Sabo (Dragon)?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
That Borsalino ends up in Wano end up getting killed by Kiadou-Linlin-combo is possible. But maybe he was the one send to deal with Mihawk^^

How do you think about my suggested trio in part 2?
With Hina (Horse), Coby (Snake/Cobra) and Sabo (Dragon)?
They seems ideal candidates but Hina will need big power boost , her DF ability is not that impressive..
May b new female character in the future will join navy

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
They seems ideal candidates but Hina will need big power boost , her DF ability is not that impressive..
May b new female character in the future will join navy
Well If we consider EoS as 10+ years after the final arc everything is possible :D

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I found another option for the horse.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Actually, there's Brown Pig (Tokikake/Chaton) and there is also Pink Rabbit (Momosagi/Gion) as candidates.

And I believe that the Dragon spot would be Hakuryuu (White Dragon) for Smoker or Murasakiryu (Purple Dragon) for Tashigi (if Smoker became Admiral). But I think since Koby is such a fast ascending Marine whom is timid... I'd say he gets the Rat position, while Helmeppo becomes the Horse at some point. I think Helmeppo could get the Kinmezu (Gold Horse) title and Orenezumi (Orange Rat) for Koby. It also makes sense in my opinion since Koby always has a flower pattern on his head and it'd be funny since rat's tend to eat flowers sometimes.

I honestly, think Hina would be a good contender and could probably take Helmeppo's position since he is always portrayed as "just behind" Koby

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Actually, there's Brown Pig (Tokikake/Chaton) and there is also Pink Rabbit (Momosagi/Gion) as candidates.

And I believe that the Dragon spot would be Hakuryuu (White Dragon) for Smoker or Murasakiryu (Purple Dragon) for Tashigi (if Smoker became Admiral). But I think since Koby is such a fast ascending Marine whom is timid... I'd say he gets the Rat position, while Helmeppo becomes the Horse at some point. I think Helmeppo could get the Kinmezu (Gold Horse) title and Orenezumi (Orange Rat) for Koby. It also makes sense in my opinion since Koby always has a flower pattern on his head and it'd be funny since rat's tend to eat flowers sometimes.

I honestly, think Hina would be a good contender and could probably take Helmeppo's position since he is always portrayed as "just behind" Koby
So you don't think Oda will continue like He started?
  • Primary colors for pre TS introduced Admirals
  • Secondary colors for post TS introduced Admirals
  • Which would lead to Tertiary colors for EoS Admirals
Thats why I doubt that Coby will get the color Orange.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So you don't think Oda will continue like He started?
  • Primary colors for pre TS introduced Admirals
  • Secondary colors for post TS introduced Admirals
  • Which would lead to Tertiary colors for EoS Admirals
Thats why I doubt that Coby will get the color Orange.
True, that is a huge possibility. So I guess it's most likely Smoker will just ascend straight to the Fleet Admiral position if he doesn't become the Dragon

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
True, that is a huge possibility. So I guess it's most likely Smoker will just ascend straight to the Fleet Admiral position if he doesn't become the Dragon
My bet stays in Smoker becoming Garp 2.0. So He would have more freedom in his choices and can hunt down Luffy. We already learned that Smoker refused to Rank Up to be able to stay in Loguetown.

Thats why Issho is for me a better candidate as FA and also Gion which would totally fit with the Zodiac patterns I presented^^

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
My bet stays in Smoker becoming Garp 2.0. So He would have more freedom in his choices and can hunt down Luffy. We already learned that Smoker refused to Rank Up to be able to stay in Loguetown.

Thats why Issho is for me a better candidate as FA and also Gion which would totally fit with the Zodiac patterns I presented^^
True but I feel like a lot of old Marines like Issho or other Marines will either die or step down because of the final war and the revelation of what happened with the Void Century.

I personally think that Fujitora isn't fit for the position and hope that Kuzan or Drake can ascend to that position (but both of those guys have giant death flags).

If X Drake survives Wano I can certainly see him becoming a hero of the Marines unless there is someone even higher in SWORD.

That's another big issue. You have the Marines and the World Government going against each other with SWORD and CP0.

And Koby might not be in Wano, but I can certainly see him appearing in the aftermath. Since we clearly have every faction cutting up in Wano.

By the way? Who do you predict the Lurking Legend to be? I think it'll either be Oden or Scopper Gaban (since Scopper is finally getting a ton of heavy attention)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
By the way? Who do you predict the Lurking Legend to be?
I would put my bets on Xebec. There are multiple reasons for it.
  • He would definetly end up being an enemy (Oden or Gaban becoming enemies would be strange)
  • He was the Captain of BM, Kaidou and WB! Which makes him automaticaly related to WB.
  • It took Garp and Roger to defeat him
  • Sengoku didn't say that he died during Gods Valley accident
  • Teach ship is called "Saber of Xebec"
  • Odens comment about Teach hints that Teach wasn't an Orphan. Let me think Xebec pulls strings of Teach.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I forgot about the Whitebeard connection... It is interesting though that WB even joined the Rocks crew since his goal was always a family. I can only assume he lost a fight to Rocks or he thought that joining strong people and having a strong family would be enough.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Cobra = Nickname for Coby... How is that not a coincidence? But I place my bet on Coby, Hina, and Tashigi as EoS admirals.. I don't see Sabo becoming part of it, maybe he is destined to rule over his kingdom but not a fleet or admiral.. Smoker will be fleet admiral and it's written in papers already.. Aokiji beimg commander-in-chief looks likely.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Cobra = Nickname for Coby... How is that not a coincidence? But I place my bet on Coby, Hina, and Tashigi as EoS admirals.. I don't see Sabo becoming part of it, maybe he is destined to rule over his kingdom but not a fleet or admiral.. Smoker will be fleet admiral and it's written in papers already.. Aokiji beimg commander-in-chief looks likely.
I know Coby aka Chatreusr Cobra fits perfect :D

In which way is Smoker becoming FA written in stone? Smoker refused to rank to be able to stay in Loguetown which already gives him the Garp Treatment back then.

Thats why for me Smoker staying VA to habe more freedom fits better then Smoker becoming FA.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
In which way is Smoker becoming FA written in stone? Smoker refused to rank to be able to stay in Loguetown which already gives him the Garp Treatment back then.
U saying he fits a supreme trainer role in the future acamedy?

If everything sets in peace and order, then he may be obliged to fill that empty spot in the future, unless he wants drake to get it for him.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Just watched Stampede and realized Sabos Stampede Design fits with my color pattern :datea:

Rise of the Vermillion Dragon!
[automerge]1580827082[/automerge]
In the interview about Franky Oda revealed that he always wanted a Daimajin Robot figure. Now its displayed in his studio!

It totally backs up my idea of John Giant being inspired by Damajin!
The actor behind John Giant
Not only the 4 known Admirals but also Tokikake and Gion are based on as pecific role of a famous japanese actor. Thats why we have to assume that all Admirals have to be based on a role of a japanese actor. And in the case of John Giant it have to be Chikari Hashimoto in his role as the Daimajin. The Daimajin is not only a swordfighting Giant they also share one obvious detail... a chin that looks like a pair of balls...
I was only searching for a swordfighting giant in old japanese movies, didn't know Oda was a fan of it :poggers:

Last edited:
Top Bottom