Island Blade's Island

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
New Begining #18 @Lamby

X's movements painted a whirlwind of instinct and cunning. He pirouetted from Cancer's Rankyaku, a ballet of precision defying the deadly descent. Dust swirled, a gritty curtain revealing the tableau of their clash. Amidst the scarred earth, the pirate captain stood resolute, a smirk gracing his lips like a secret victory. His eyes, twin sapphires, scanned the scene with the cold calculation of a master strategist. This battle was a Rubik's cube of consequence, each move twisting the fate of the encounter.

"Vice Admiral Cancer," X's voice sliced through the charged silence, laced with steel and measured respect. "Your grit is worthy of a kraken's song, but we're locked in an ouroboros' dance. Blow for blow, parry for riposte, a stalemate etched in sweat and fury."

His gaze, an unyielding beacon, drilled into Cancer, searching for a chink in the Vice Admiral's armor. The battle had laid Cancer's iron will bare, but X craved victory, a decisive break in the mirrored monotony. "Let's shatter this stalemate, shall we?" he murmured, his mind a whirlwind of possibilities.

Observation Haki, a sixth-sense whispering of intent, became his augur. He honed his focus, and an audacious and cunning plan blossomed in his mind- a calculated gamble, a pirouette through Cancer's defenses, a gambit to seize the reins of the fight.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
New Beginning #18
@God_Usopun
-​
"Well, isn't this quite the pickle..." He muttered to himself, realizing he had spoken aloud he cognitively switched to an inner monologue to finish his thought. "Would this be the right time to retreat? I have a bit of distance; Tch- He dodged the attack too," He bolted... Vice Admiral Cancer turned himself about and dashed; Capitalizing on his great speed he began making a swift journey away from X. Was this your plan? "No, It is not; This situation has to take a greater if I'd like to come out victorious..." His Eyes gleamed a bright red, streaks subtly followed the path in which his eyes had taken, he had activated his observation Haki. He could sense X, Baishin too and just faintly in the distance he detected his men and the Pirates on the edge of the coast and there he began to contemplate...

"Running?" Rhetorically Uttered Baishin, Confused at the man's sudden coarse of action considering the feats of perilous strength he had just exhibited. "What could he be thinking? Screw him, X; His strength far exceeded my expectations! I imagined that I'd have clashed with him on equal grounds however that's just a simple fever dream. Had I simply attacked instead of listening I would've ended up in a worse situation than the Vice Admiral. I hate to say it but, I am too weak to be thinking highly of myself." He said, gritting his teeth in a sudden frustration from the fruits of his analytical perception.

The Splitting Dash!

"I think I know what I can do..." He said, coming to a sound conclusion to finally put an end to his concerns.
In a swift moment of a flicker he leapt from the earth! He ascended into the skies; the roaring sounds of thunderclaps echoed as he begun propulsion...

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
Each clap a result of his Geppos, Cancer had taken a swift Detour; shifting his direction from away from X to up and above him; heading straight... for the Docks! "Let's see how much he values his subordinates!" He sternly exclaimed.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
New Begining #19 @Lamby

Without hesitation, X surged forward, mirroring Cancer's blistering speed. They whipped through the air, a blur against the docks, X a relentless storm in his wake. Just as Cancer neared his escape, a sputtering hail of bullets erupted from X's Haki-coated pistol. Each shot, fired with a seasoned marksman's precision, was aimed to clip Cancer's wings and tether him to the sky.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

The bullets carved fiery streaks, weaving a deadly ballet around Cancer. X, the ever-calculating tactician, spun a web of danger, forcing Cancer to twist and dodge erratically, his ascent faltering.

Meanwhile, distant thunder rumbled across the docks, the echo of clashing Haki and gunshots a grim counterpoint to the creaking ship. Peri, perched on the crow's nest, sweat clinging to her brow, squinted towards the escalating battle.

"Vice Admiral's closing in!" she barked, her voice slicing through the tense silence. Blades flickered into view, and muskets snapped to attention. A steely resolve settled on the crew's faces as they formed a defensive line around the ship.

The clash intensified, visible now as flashes of light and bursts of smoke against the twilight sky. Peri's heart hammered against her ribs. Would X make it back? Would their haven become a battleground? Each boom of a cannon echoed her unspoken fear, its fiery arc mirroring the growing tension. Gripping her cutlass tighter, she scanned the approaching chaos, a silent prayer escaping her lips in the deafening roar of the conflict.

Reaction/Movement Speed: 81, 81-99 Massively Hypersonic Speed
You can react to most of their moves if your reaction speed equals your opponent's movement/attack speed.

Bullets DPR: B ( 91 Gunslinging Mastery: Semi-automatic shotgun with triple capacity. Nightvision scope for a rifle. Unlimited B-rank bullets. 50 A-rank bullets. 25 S-rank bullets. )

Attack Potency: Level 3 + B( 2 ) + 2( Haki ) = Level 7. Mountain Level

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
New Beginning #19
@God_Usopun
"Dammit..." Exclaimed Baishin, Cancer and X dashed off; their speed far exceeded all that which Baishin could muster and so he lagged behind considerably.

"I already know I'm outclassed, why'd you guys have to be so damn mobile!" He angrily spouted, he dashed after them; swiftly approaching the chaotic docks. As he did he came upon the fierce clash fueling this pandemonium; none other than Cancer and X!

-​
Gun shots echoed and Cancer, he was losing his edge. With only on hand available it was quite difficult for him to aggressively retaliate, he long unsheathed his katana. Bullets whizzed past his skin, the sears inflicted from the friction of command reminded Cancer of the severity of the situation, his katana; long clad in armament haki was heavily implored in his need for defense. He shot himself straight to the ground, he shifted himself, stabbing his katana into the dirt as he dragged through the ground. Clouds of Dust and dirt wildly puffed into the sky, a long streak of red emanated from his eyes; He's been using his observation haki... "Tch-" He muttered

BANG! BANG!...
Bullets shot past him once again, a soft and high-pitched scream of wind notified him of the paths of the bullets as they narrowly flew past him. He weaved once again, Flickering his leg he fired a sole Rankyaku...
Strength: 61, 61-80: 2. Small Building Level
Technique DPR: 71-99 Mastery: Destructive potency: A
Armament Haki: Offensive +2 DPR, +1 Durability
Attack Potency: 61-80: 2. Small Building Level + A(3) + Hardening(2) = 7. Mountain Level
A three foot high vertical slash mercilessly ripped through the air, aimed meticulously to strike X; his lone assailant. He brought down his leg, slamming down on the ground; he dashed after the slash. His movements slick and low; he glided across the battlefield poised to catch X by surprise but... His stamina was running low; his dirtied uniform and cut-speckled skin were evident of such.

"VICE ADMIRAL CANCER! BAISHIN!" Screamed a soldier; he'd stationed himself in the Crow's nest to oversea the entire battle. Stationed a float a meters across the sea away from the Nighthawk's ship the Marines prepared their Canons. It has been quite a long while since the Pirate's ship showed signs of activity and now... The Marine's didn't want to take anymore risks.

"Is Vice Admiral Cancer winning?" Inquired a curious and fearful soldier.
"We don't know! The battles too monstrous for us to see from so far away, I'm not fluent in haki so I can't tell you. Ready yourselves! The battle's come to the docks, things are going to escalate from here!" Replied a higher ranking soldier. The other Marines nodded in approval, one after the other they raised their sabers and guns preparing for battle.
-​
Baishin stopped a few meters away from their clash, he was ready to strike... but how? He didn't want to inhibit Captain X and he didn't want to be useless; "Grr..." He muttered. He squatted down low, baring his sword-like claws he stuck them into the ground in frustration. "X... You better make this a good show."

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
New Begining #20 @Lamby

In an extraordinary display of agility, X's body responded impeccably to the oncoming Rankyaku. With a mighty leap, he soared gracefully over the slicing force, the wind rushing beneath him as he cleared the deadly trajectory. Midair, X's senses heightened further. The subtle nuances of the battlefield unfolded before him, guided by the acute perception granted by his Observation Haki. The distinct energy signatures, the faintest vibrations in the air, and the telltale signs of Cancer's presence were all laid bare to his heightened senses.
Descending gracefully from his aerial evasion, X shifted seamlessly into his next offensive move. The air crackled with tension as he aimed his gun at Cancer, the haki-imbued bullets gleaming with an evil aura. With a rapid succession of precise shots, X initiated a rain of bullets directed at the Vice Admiral.

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

The haki-infused projectiles sliced through the air with deadly accuracy, creating a relentless storm aimed at Cancer's position. Each bullet carried the weight of X's strategic prowess, seeking to corner and subdue the Vice Admiral amid the chaotic backdrop of the docks.
X maintained a calculated focus as the bullets whizzed through the space, utilizing his Observation Haki to track Cancer's movements within the storm of projectiles.

Reaction/Movement Speed: 81, 81-99 Massively Hypersonic Speed
You can react to most of their moves if your reaction speed equals your opponent's movement/attack speed.

Bullets DPR: B ( 91 Gunslinging Mastery: Semi-automatic shotgun with triple capacity. Nightvision scope for a rifle. Unlimited B-rank bullets. 50 A-rank bullets. 25 S-rank bullets. )

Attack Potency: Level 3 + B( 2 ) + 1( Haki ) = Level 6

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
New Beginning #20
@God_Usopun
BANG! BANG!...
Reverberated the splitting sounds of X's bullets, they whizzed through the air and grazed Cancer. More and more his uniform tore and his skin cut, "Huff"; he panted. Exhaling in the fraction of the moment he had left to think he tried to put together another last ditch plan, he was stopped at the docks. Originally, his point of focus was to bring unnecessary casualties into play, that being the weaker Nighthawk crew members however this did not go as planned. Before he could reach the docks fully he was relentless pursued and held up by sinister X and now he will pay the price.

BANG!...
Sounded another shot, with all he had attempted to do and the constant battling... Cancer had succumbed to the fatigue was action. He was slowing down, his agility dropped and as he attempted to properly angle himself; he was grazed by yet another shot... however that left the other three.

"Dammit..." He thought, so absorbed in battle he couldn't hear the frantic shouts of his crew. The final three bullets came.

BANG! BANG! BANG!
"AGH!"
He exclaimed, he slumped forwards as the bullets struck his already wounded shoulder, his right hip and his left leg! Amidst the speedy movements he had attempted to make he had fallen. He slid across the dirty island and backed himself upon a rooted sword. "I-" He muttered, his wounds bled profusely and his swift movements had come to a stop. The flying dirt from both X's and Cancer's violent dance slowly began to dwindle; already kicked-up clouds faded and swiftly dissipated in the wind.

"VICE ADMIRAL CANCER!" Exclaimed the marines aboard the ship!

"Ah- So this is it X? Finish your battle. You have won, my resolve wasn't as strong as yours and now I have fallen. Finish me; I hadn't delivered the justice that I so prideful spouted moments before." He said, his tone mellow and defeated.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
New Begining #21 @Lamby

Amidst the wreckage of the fierce duel, X lowered his weapon as Cancer crumpled to the ground, his once-proud form a monument to defeat. Once a whirlwind of fury, the battlefield had surrendered to an unsettling silence, broken only by the mournful cries of circling gulls.

X's gaze lingered on the fallen Vice Admiral, a predator's glint still sharp within his eyes. His face, a mask of indifference, revealed no flicker of satisfaction or compassion. The battle had been his meticulous choreography, a flawless display of calculated maneuvers and strategic genius.

"A valiant fight, Vice Admiral Cancer," X's voice finally cut through the thick tension, its measured cadence chilling. "Your unwavering pursuit of justice is admirable. But the lines between justice and chaos are forever blurred in this world, a turbulent sea."

The crew of the Nighthawk, a coiled spring, watched with rapt attention. The marines, battle-ready on their decks, held their breath. Yet, X's focus remained solely on the vanquished foe.

Standing over the defeated Vice Admiral Cancer, X gazed down with an air of contemplation. The tension between them lingered, yet X's demeanor reflected a certain depth of consideration.

"Vice Admiral Cancer," X spoke, his tone carrying a weight of measured decision, "in your pursuit of justice, you've tasted the bitter fruits of defeat. Consider this a chance for reflection. The world we navigate is treacherous, and sometimes, one must adapt to the changing currents."

X, known for his strategic insight, understood the potential consequences of eliminating a high-ranking Marine. Instead of delivering the final blow, he continued, "I could end you here, and perhaps some might consider it justice. However, I choose a different path for you. Leave this island. Return to your Marine comrades and consider what you've experienced today."

The crew of the Nighthawk watched with relief and curiosity as X spared their fallen adversary. It was an unexpected turn, and the marines aboard the ship, on guard for any retaliation, cautiously lowered their weapons.

"You've faced the storm today, Vice Admiral," X concluded, "but whether you learn to dance with it or be swept away is a choice only you can make. Go now, and remember the lesson."

With that, X stepped back, allowing Cancer to retreat. The weight of X's words hung heavy in the air, a reminder of the power he wielded and the mercy he'd surprisingly chosen.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
New Beginning #21
@God_Usopun
"Vice Admiral Cancer," X spoke, his tone carrying a weight of measured decision, "in your pursuit of justice, you've tasted the bitter fruits of defeat. Consider this a chance for reflection. The world we navigate is treacherous, and sometimes, one must adapt to the changing currents."
"Mercy at the hands of a pirate, admirable." He softly mumbled. Though his pride still possessed an extravagant shatter, he was broken. X took a step back, widening the space between them, he was allowed to live but the thoughts that ran through his head left him in a state of sulking-focus. With his only free arm he reached for his sheathed blade and plunged it into the earth at his side. He had used it for support and attempted to lift himself from the ground... but he couldn't. He fell back into the dirt, his wounds made it difficult to properly move.

"Vice Admiral!" Exclaimed his Captain. He seemed to possess some fighting skill of his own since he had Soru'd right to his leader's side, squatted and glaring at X who towered over them both. He reached for Cancer and helped him to his feet, his eyes... The eyes of the youthful and spunky, he had a passion a fire... a certain drive that showed justice was engraved into his being.

"Thank you." He angrily muttered, that is all he could afford to muster since... X was a pirate.

The two scurried along to the marine ship, soldiers darted about and a pandemonium ensued as worrying heads bopped against one another wondering what they should do. Their sails were still strung up and no violent advances would come from the ship, at least until Cancer gave the order.
-​
"So is your strength all gunfire and dancing or mental resolve is where you stand most firm." Asked Baishin as he closed in on X, calmly approaching his now captain to know their next move.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
New Begining #22 @Lamby

Shrouded in enigmatic composure, X's gaze lingered on Baishin. The crewmate's turmoil - a cocktail of grief and unspoken tension - was palpable. Despite the recent clash, X's face remained an unreadable mask. "Strength," he finally spoke, voice measured and calm, "in all its forms, is a tool. Strategy and firepower all serve a purpose. But mental resolve," X's gaze flicked to the horizon, "that's the compass that guides them. A steady mind weathers the storm, charts its destiny."

The echoes of battle faded. X, his mind a fortress of calculations, wasn't immune to the physical realm. The duel with Vice Admiral Cancer had etched lines of fatigue on his face. The pirates and marines watched with wary eyes, oblivious to this internal struggle. Once crackling with tension, the air now held the weight of the aftermath.

X's sharp eyes swept the scene. The Grand Line devoured the weak; his strategic brilliance couldn't outrun exhaustion. A subtle shift on his face - a flicker of acknowledgment that even the conductor of chaos had limits. The Nighthawk's crew, ever vigilant, awaited his next move.

Internally, X wrestled with the cost of continuing. Endurance was a finite resource, and exhaustion tugged at him, demanding a strategic retreat. "The dance isn't eternal," he murmured, the wind swallowing his words. Aware of his limitations, X charted a new course.

"Baishin," X spoke, his voice carrying a certain weight, "stay on this island for now. Guard it against anyone who might see an opportunity in our moment of respite. We will return for you soon." The words, delivered with a tone that brooked no argument, left the decision in Baishin's hands. The crew, accustomed to their captain's strategic foresight, acknowledged the wisdom in the directive. Baishin, perhaps perhaps harboring his aspirations and questions, nodded in silent understanding. Observing from a distance, the marines were uncertain of the pirate captain's intentions.

"Assemble the crew," X commanded, directing the collective energy toward the imminent departure. The Nighthawk, a vessel poised on the brink of departure, awaited the next set of coordinates in the unpredictable navigation of the Grand Line. Baishin, now a temporary island guardian, prepared to stand vigilant until the Nighthawk returned to retrieve him.

Top Bottom