Island Burana Island

Ziosa

Salutations
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Burana has a very hot and dry climate, which explains its large savanna and arid grasslands. Two groups fight for control of the island, the Dasrians which are located in the savanna and the Rosstro Tribe which are located in the grasslands near the coast.

Ziosa

Salutations
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Rosstro Tribe

Canalia
Level 20
20 x 5 =100
Strength: 27+4=31
Speed: 27+4=31
31x2=62
-Reaction: 31
-Movement: 31
Vitality: 27+4=31
31x2=62
-Durability: 31
-Stamina: 31
Martial Arts: 19+6=25
25x2=50
-Swordsmanship: 25
-Shield: 25

Hettin
Level 15
15 x 5 =75
Strength: 16+5=21
Speed: 24+2=26
26x2=52
-Reaction: 26
-Movement: 26
Vitality: 19+2=21
21x2=42
-Durability: 21
-Stamina: 21
Martial Arts: 16
16x2=32
-Archery: 32

Rosstro Tribesman (20)
Level 10
10 x 5 =50
Speed: 13+2=15
15x2=30
-Reaction: 15
-Movement: 15
Vitality: 10+2=12
12x2=24
-Durability: 12
-Stamina: 12
Martial Arts: 11
11x2=22
-Swordmanship: 22

Dasrians

Fuiru
Level 20
20 x 5 =100
Strength: 17+4=21
Speed: 34+4=38
38x2=76
-Reaction: 38
-Movement: 38
Vitality: 24+4=28
28x2=56
-Durability: 28
-Stamina: 28
Mind: 5+6=11
11x2=22
-Medicine: 22
Martial Arts: 20
20x2=40
-Archery: 40

Sorum
Level 15
15 x 5 =75
Strength: 19+5=24
Speed: 19+2=21
21x2=42
-Reaction: 21
-Movement: 21
Vitality: 19+2=21
21x2=42
-Durability: 21
-Stamina: 21
Martial Arts: 16
16x2=32
-Swordmanship: 32

Dasrian Warriors (10)
Level 10
10 x 5 =50
Speed: 13+2=15
15x2=30
-Reaction: 15
-Movement: 15
Vitality: 10+2=12
12x2=24
-Durability: 12
-Stamina: 12
Martial Arts: 11
11x2=22
-Swordmanship: 22

Ziosa

Salutations
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One time beri reward
-50 000 000 for defeating one side
-20 000 000 for defeating both (70 in total)

Weekly beri reward
-25 000 000 for defeating one side
-10 000 000 for defeating both (35 in total)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Burana 1 @Larsi
Mars had only recently been promoted from trainee to Ensign. She was given the task to investigate the situation on Burana island, and was permitted to use force if necessary. She felt honored at the chance to prove herself and set out quickly. Arriving on a small ship, it still bore the Marine insignia on it. Setting off the ship, she is instantly met with unpleasant memories. The climate of the island reminds her of her home, and all the bad experiences that came with it. After pausing for a moment, she sets off towards the nearest town or settlement. Given her arrival by boat and desire to avoid the desert as much as possible, she traveled the grasslands. Hoping to soon find signs of life.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Burana #1 @tlgRen

The winds swept across the savanna, the flat lands nestled up in the highlands of the island named Burana, rustling thrugh the waist high grass and shaking the crooked trees. Though there were no proper mountains, several rocky outcroppings surrounded the grassy plain, the room between serving as gateways to the outside and below. Burana was an isolated Island, rarely visited by outsiders, so it was a shock to Sorum who perched atop one of the rocks to see a ship arrive. Eyes trained from a lifetime of hunting and scouting, he could make out the logo of the World Government, an organization he was vaguely familiar with. Careful not to reveal himself, he crawled down from the stone outlook. Fuiru and the rest would surely want to hear of this.

On all sides around the highlands and the savanna the grass grew higher, reaching all the way up to shoulder height on average. Down in the lowlands the trees were far and few in between, though the few that did grow often did reach massive heights. Hidden within several of these were the Rosstro Tribe and their homes, the thick green foliage obscuring them from prying eyes. Peeking out from her perch near the top of the Hearthtree, the seat of her chiefdom, Canalia spied the ship as it was sailing toward the island, not far from her home. Turning to Hettin beside her, she spoke while already starting her descent.
Gather ten men and follow me.

Roger.
Hettin hurried off, rushing to join Canalia below.

Mere moments later a group of twelve set out through the grass, weaving among the grass silently, a lifetime of hunting nearly erasing their presence. With how well they knew the land it was easy to predict good locations to set ashore, and their course would be almost direct towards where Mars had landed. Should they not be noticed, they would locate the intruder before she located them. In that case the warriors would take up a half circle formation thirty or so meters out, with Canalia in the center. Hettin instead would step closer and announce his presence.

Who goes there? He said, standing up straight, his chieftain crouched a few meters behind, hidden from view. What business do you have, intruding on our home?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Burana 2 @Larsi
Mars continued traversing the island. Looking around as she did. This was the first new island she had been on in a few years and she was enjoying seeing new sights. Even if it reminded her if her home. Brushing some hair aside as she covered the top of her eyes with her hand to gaze out into the distance. The sun was bright so such an action was necessary. She looked ahead and spotted what looked like a village of some kind. She sped up her pace and when she arrived she was greeted cautiously, if not with hostility.

"Whoa. I am Mars, with the Marines. I have been sent out here at the request of my superiors..."

She introduced herself and gave a baseline reason for her being there. She didn't want to disclose the rest of the order if possible and hoped this would get the locals to calm down some. She wasn't very hopeful. If it came to it, she would defend herself in battle before revealing the specifics to them. She then addressed another concern of theirs.

"I do not mean to intrude. I apologize for that."

Her hands were in her pocket but she as already preparing to counterattack. Not trusting them to not attack, or rather, she was doubting her own half answer to them.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Burana #2 @tlgRen

Marines, eh? Hettin said, taking in the intruder. He raised his hands and started turning in a circle slowly, gesturing outwards as if giving his attention to their surroundings. However, when turned fully away he met the eyes of Canalia, and she motioned for him to continue with the conversation. So as he finished his spin, he refocused his attention on the marine. What would the World Government want here? We don't take kindly to... visitors.

While Hettin was speaking, Canalia started sneaking through the grass in a half circle around the duo, silently passing the other members of her group, before emerging behind Mars, stepping into the path she had forged through the grass. Rising to her full height, a few meters behind the intruder, she would speak up. Unless I like the words outta your mouth, you will become fertilizer for the grass that you trod upon.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Bring da Ruckus
@Larsi

A surprisingly hot, dry wind blew into the ship. Standing at the helm, the ship's captain wiped the sweat from his brow. The salt of his sweat stung his eyes, causing him to frantically claw at his tear ducts. It was clear the island the ship was approaching was a summer island. According to Head Quarters, this island was rife in civil war. A newly appointed Revolutionary had been given the mission to infiltrate the country and bring peace to it's nations. As the boat reached land, a figure that was sitting at the head of the ship stood up, hopping down onto the solid ground below...

"Thank you for the ride old man. I am hoping to wrap this up soon."

The dark skinned young man turned away from the ship. He wore a leopard spotted leather jacket, jet black jeans, and brown loafers. A large chain hung from his neck, reflecting the hot sun. Hefting his backpack onto his shoulder and slipping his pair of designer sunglasses over the bridge of his nose. Confidently, he walked towards civilization. It was time to find out what was causing this beautiful country so much strife.​

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Burana Island #1 @Garraofduhfunk

The island of Burana was not a grand piece of earth that rose up towards the clouds, nor was it so large that it would take days to cross it. It did not grow vast forests that may swallow up humanity whole, nor did it host any port or city of significance. There had not been discovered any valuable ore or rare herbs that traders sought, though who could know what the tall grass that spread across the land hid. Burana Island was still a gem, at least to the two hunter and gatherer tribes that called it home.

The Dasrians and the Rosstro Tribe were rivals and sometimes enemies, though often they tried to keep to themselves, the former keeping to the savanna that spread across the center of the island on a plateau a good hundred or so feet above the sea. The latter kept to the grasslands along the shore, sneaking through the tall growth and building their homes or outpost in the few trees, that down here grew almost as high as the savanna was. Lately though tensions had been growing between the two groups and it was possible open war could break out any second, as they had both snuck into each others' territory hunting for food.

Sorum had been on his way back from the grasslands below, making sure to not be spotted by the Rosstros, once he had spotted the ship approaching the island and making land. Was this some sort of ploy by those lowlanders, perhaps they had sold out the Dasrians to some third party for sole control of the island? Fuiru would want to know, he thought, stealing one last glance at the ship before disappearing from view from below, into the far shorter grass that pervaded the savanna that was his home.

Hettin cocked his head, seeing the vessel in the distance, his vantage spot in the tree hidden by thick foliage.
Canalia! He called out as he swung down from branch to branch, landing securely onto the main platform in the tree, near the middle of its height. To his right Canalia looked up, busy with her skinning of a boar she had caught earlier, annoyance filling her voice as she spoke. What is it, Hettin?

A huge boat has arrived, about thirty spears south.
Hettin said, referring to how far one could usually throw a spear. His chieftain froze, but only for a second as she took in the information. Boats, ships, it didn't matter. Those sorts of things never came here, to little Burana.

Canalia's mind started racing, her body moving only slightly slower as she discarded the half treated boar, barely stopping to wipe the blood from her hands. What did outsiders want here? She had heard stories of before her time of strangers arriving at their shores, bringing with them violence that put that of their local feud to shame. Had they called these new arrivals, were they finally through with her tribe. Was the image of peace truly shattered for good? She didn't want to believe so, but could she afford to not be wary of it?

Hettin, gather five with you and meet me down below. She said after what had felt like several minutes to herself, when it had in fact only been a couple seconds. She didn't wait for her second to respond, knowing that despite his faults, he would be down there as quick as possible. Rushing into her cot, she would emerge a few minutes later, dressed and armed for battle, quickly descending the tree followed by her fellow tribesmen and Hettin. They would seek out these intruders and make sure they didn't set themselves against their tribe.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Southern Hospitality
@Larsi
Chuck had landed on an island covered in tall grass. Miles of grassland lay before him, with what looked like a large mesa peaking over the bend. The young man's brow glistened like the surface of the shoreline. Taking a deep breath and wiping the sweat from his forehead, Chuck pushed his way through the tall grass towards the mesa. The rustle of the blades being pushed aside along with the chirps of crickets filled the air.

"Maybe I dressed for the wrong occasion. Burana is definitely not the kind of island that would have a night club or anything like that. I just hope that I can end up finding a place to eat soon. I don't remember if I packed my rice crackers..." Chuck huffed as he pressed forwards.

His eyes actively scanned his surroundings as he continued to press towards the tree-line. Chuck might have been a Long Leg Tribe member, but this grass was still quite high. Until he reached civilization, he didn't want to get eaten by a wild animal or something. He had friends who talked about being able to have a sense of when something bad was about to happen to them. Chuck had never experienced that kind of thing. When bad things were about to happen to him, he had to find it out the hard way. That didn't bother him much though.

In no time, Chuck had traversed the prairie grass and found himself at an opening. While he enjoyed taking his morning jogs, this was not the kind of mission that the young revolutionary was expecting to have starting off. Was every mission going to be like this? Perhaps they were going to only send Chuck to these backwards islands where the people probably don't even know how to speak. He was unsure, but he had heard of the rumblings of revolution occurring in bigger named islands. He wanted to make a difference where things mattered.

"I bet they sent me out here as a joke. I mean, why not send the black guy to some island to get eaten by a tiger or something..." Chuck mumbled," Well joke's on them, because I'll fuck a tiger up if I have to..."

Chuck rolled his neck and shoulders, the sound of popping occurring throughout. Eventually he outstretched his arms and began to make little circular motions with them. His steps started to gain a little bounce to them as the young man began to warm up his body. He didn't have the ability to see the unseen, but he wanted to be ready for anything that might pop up. If it was nerves or a general sense of caution, Chuck was preparing for the worst. With a quick one, two punch, followed by a few quick breaths, the young man honed in his focus. He needed to traverse this wild patch and find civilization. Revving up to a jog while holding his fists up for a fight, Chuck pressed his way back into the tall grass towards the plateau. At the very least he could climb up there and see if he found any people.

"Find the people. Once I find the people, I will know who's but I need to kick."

Last edited:

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Burana Island #2 @Garraofduhfunk

Canalia allowed herself to fall the last few meters to the ground, instead of climbing all the way down the tree. She landed in a crouch, one hand placed on the grass, which naturally as it was kept in the shade of their Hometree, did not grow as high as elsewhere on this island. As it stood, it barely reached above her ankle, a sensation that always felt odd to her, as if she was exposed. Yet she remained where she was until a few minutes later when she heard movements above and saw Hettin descend followed by five other hunters.

When we find the intruders, fan out. She said once they had all reached the ground, before diving into the sea of grass that separated them from the sea of salt. In a line they walked, weaving among the tall leaves of grass as to not break or disturb it, as hunters with a lifetime of training to avoid being spotted in this setting. After a decent amount of time walking, they heard a voice cutting through the calm day.
"Maybe I dressed for the wrong occasion. Burana is definitely not the kind of island that would have a night club or anything like that. I just hope that I can end up finding a place to eat soon. I don't remember if I packed my rice crackers..."
Canalia froze in her tracks, as did Hettin and the rest. The voice was not far away, but more importantly, who would talk so loudly and to who? Surely not themselves, there had to be others. With a few quick hand motions she signaled to the others to spread out and search, a signaling normally used for hunting, but this time she meant to search for other intruders, as she didn't believe this person to be alone. Canalia herself moved forward, directly toward the source of the voice until she reached a clearing, where she finally found its speaker.
"I bet they sent me out here as a joke. I mean, why not send the black guy to some island to get eaten by a tiger or something..." Chuck mumbled," Well joke's on them, because I'll fuck a tiger up if I have to..."

"Find the people. Once I find the people, I will know who's but I need to kick."
Kicking people? Canalia wondered to herself as the man dove into the tall grass again. His moves were untrained however, breaking through the grass instead of moving along it. Around her she heard the sounds of birds, the signal from her fellow tribesmembers that they had found nothing. This strange man was all alone. Canalia decided then, and moved forward to where the man was walking, announcing his presence with his every step. Once she reached within five meters of him, her sword drawn, she finally spoke up. What is your purpose here? You are not welcome!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Burana Island #2 @Garraofduhfunk

Canalia allowed herself to fall the last few meters to the ground, instead of climbing all the way down the tree. She landed in a crouch, one hand placed on the grass, which naturally as it was kept in the shade of their Hometree, did not grow as high as elsewhere on this island. As it stood, it barely reached above her ankle, a sensation that always felt odd to her, as if she was exposed. Yet she remained where she was until a few minutes later when she heard movements above and saw Hettin descend followed by five other hunters.

When we find the intruders, fan out. She said once they had all reached the ground, before diving into the sea of grass that separated them from the sea of salt. In a line they walked, weaving among the tall leaves of grass as to not break or disturb it, as hunters with a lifetime of training to avoid being spotted in this setting. After a decent amount of time walking, they heard a voice cutting through the calm day.

Canalia froze in her tracks, as did Hettin and the rest. The voice was not far away, but more importantly, who would talk so loudly and to who? Surely not themselves, there had to be others. With a few quick hand motions she signaled to the others to spread out and search, a signaling normally used for hunting, but this time she meant to search for other intruders, as she didn't believe this person to be alone. Canalia herself moved forward, directly toward the source of the voice until she reached a clearing, where she finally found its speaker.

Kicking people? Canalia wondered to herself as the man dove into the tall grass again. His moves were untrained however, breaking through the grass instead of moving along it. Around her she heard the sounds of birds, the signal from her fellow tribesmembers that they had found nothing. This strange man was all alone. Canalia decided then, and moved forward to where the man was walking, announcing his presence with his every step. Once she reached within five meters of him, her sword drawn, she finally spoke up.
What is your purpose here? You are not welcome!
SpottieOttieDopaliscious
@Larsi

What is your purpose here? You are not welcome!

It hadn't taken long for Chuck to find the inhabitants of Burana. Unfortunately, he found introductions at the end of a blade. Within the tall grass, Chuck stood before a strong, caramel skinned woman. Loosening up his stance a bit, the long leg man looked her up and down. Tattoos covered her body while a animal skull headdress covered her head. Her voice had caught him off guard, but one thing was for sure. This girl was definitely his type.

"Oh, hey there Lil' Mama. I didn't notice you there. Name's Chuck Jeffffries. I'm lookin' for the man in charge of this joint. My boss wants ya'll to stop all that fighting, so he sent me here. Think you could point me towards your chief's direction? I'll give him a good talkin to and smooth this whole thing out, OhiOhiOhi!"

Chuck let out a nonchalant chuckle as he spoke to the woman. He started to take a step towards her, in spite of the fact that she had a weapon drawn on him. Though he was keeping a general awareness of his surroundings, Chuck's guard was slightly down. His first mission wasn't even on the Grand Line. He had no idea that there were numerous tribespeople fanned out in the grassland searching for the intruder to the island.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Burana Island #3 @Garraofduhfunk

"Oh, hey there Lil' Mama. I didn't notice you there. Name's Chuck Jeffffries. I'm lookin' for the man in charge of this joint. My boss wants ya'll to stop all that fighting, so he sent me here. Think you could point me towards your chief's direction? I'll give him a good talkin to and smooth this whole thing out, OhiOhiOhi!"
Canalia's eyes narrowed at the words spoken by the intruder. What a strange way of speaking, not to mention disrespectful. She wondered if he spoke like this to any woman, regardless of stranger or aquaintance, and surely he had no friends that were women. She raised her sword so that its tip was pointing directly at Chuck's throat. Around her, barely audible, the rest of the members from her tribe quietly snuck among the grass to position themselves around the newcomer, weapons held ready in case he made any moves.

Why would I bring a stranger to our chief, or even our home? Canalia asked, the words full of derision. Who is your boss and what is our conflict to him?

Top Bottom