Island Cactus Island

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: roogy
Emily was looking over the supplies they had brought in, and was surprised to find that two of the fruits had become devil fruits. Those users on the island must have died, she thought. When she was finished, she reported this to Weapon.

Weapon saw that everyone was aboard, and so the Backyard Pirates left Cactus Island.

Weapon heard Ran ask why Vivi and Igaram were on board. He simply answered, "They asked for help. Since they have no way of getting to their home island, they wanted us to take them."

He then turned to Emily. "Devil fruits? Okay, we will sell them. Should be pretty lucrative."

The Wild Party set sail, for any destination that the Gods chose for them. This adventure was underwhelming to me, all that violence and so little accomplished. I hope the next island has dinosaurs or something... thought Weapon.

(OOC: We are headed for Little Garden, and will arrive in 33 hours and 36 minutes from the time of this post, as the crew's navigator has 60 mastery, reducing the time by 30%.)

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: ziosa
Actions

"Speech"
Thinking
"Attacks"

"And we have..." The Sea Pixe hits the shore slightly and comes to a stop "..have landed!" Jade runs around to the front of the ship. Looking across the island she can see some buildings and some people lying down "Is everyone asleep?"

Her crew docks the ship by lowering the anchor and hoisting the sails; and they then disembark with Jade in front, the other Revolutionaries' ships weren't far behind them, she and a few of her crew wander around slightly.

"Jade. These people are dead" Sophie says after checking a few of them

"Not asleep? oh..." She was slightly shocked to hear that as alot of people were on the ground

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: beerbottle
"Talking"
Narration/Actions
Thinking
"Npc talking"

I watched as my ship docked to the right of Jade's ship. How come nobody has come to the docks to greet us? I looked back on my men and gave a confident grin: "We'll be fine, I'm sure this place is lovely". The ship swayed in the sun as my massive form lumbered over the deck towards the gangplank. "Sir wait a minute would you!?" I stopped with my foot hanging in the air and my cape blowing in the wind. "What ails you Joe?" "Eat something before you leave you big baboon" He whispered before pressing a big ol sandwich into my hand.. It had what looked to be half a roasted pig in it.

I bit a huge chunk out of it and started to chew: "Thanks man... Its really good". "Don't talk while eating......" Still happily munching on my lovely sandwich I walked down the gangplank and further into Cactus Island. As I continue walking I see Jade and her party, I also see many shapes lying around. Dead huh? What or who happened here? Looking around at all the death and distruction I could see that it had happened fairly recently, as there were still meat on the bodies.. Though they had begun to rot in the sun long ago. I walk up to the right side of Jade; "Lovely place this aint it?" "I think I could live here" All while still wolfing down my lovely sandwhich.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: beky
Bold - Thoughts

Italic - Actions
Bold and Italic - Speaking
*Naration,flashback...*

*As soon as the ship made shore Ratchet went to inspect the island. Sight of the corpses didn't set well with her. She was offered food but there was no time to eat*

What is this? Corpses? We didn't get any notification of this. I better inspect them...

*Ratchet aproaches one of the corpses in a pile of many ,she noticed weapons all around them*
I see , there was a big fight here. Wound are still fresh , no sign of maggots infesting the wounds. Blood on the ground is still wet. Boddies are still warm. This occured not so long ago , 1-2 hours tops

Majority of dead bodies have weapons near them , meaning they are well equipped for simple townsfolk. These aren't normal citizens if not citizens at all. I better make report to miss Jade.

*as Ratchet approached Jade she noticed Kellan there to , at least she won't have to make the same report twice*

Miss Jade and Kellan these bodies are still fresh , fight occured not so long ago. Also important thing i forgot to mention is that most of these citizens were well armed , i suspect they are normal citizens to begin with.

It would be best if we burn the bodies to prevent spreading of diseases. I don't think there is nothing on this island left for us. Free for us to take it tho

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: kagura
Narration/Action
Speech
Thoughts
Flashback

After a hearty meal, Ross had dozed off on her couch as it was disturbed by a ruckus on the deck. Still groggy, she pinched open one of her eyes to see her men running amok.

A guy shouted "Hoist the sails!" and a few men started pulling the rope that made the sail furl up neatly on the mast.
The ship was steered gently towards land in what looked like a port. Ross had one of her eye fully open now as she saw what the island looked like. There were towering rocky formations in the distance, quite weirdly shaped. The air had got chillier. The scene was blurred by a little fog.
She rose from her couch to see Lucius sitting beside her.

Standing in front of him, she asked, "What were you doing sitting down there? Did you eat?" She waited for him to answer as she asked him a couple more questions, "Say Lucius, what is the name of this island?" He shifted her gaze to the island this time as her eyes widened to take in every details. She also spotted the two other ships that were ahead of her and people seemed to be getting down. She pointed towards them and said, "Hey, how about we join them, eh?"

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: loony
*Action
"Talking"
'Thought'

*Skye awoke and raised his head to see Ross asking him questions.

"What were you doing sitting down there? Did you eat?"

*Skye answered her,

"No, but it's fine. I'm used to it."

*Skye stood up and heard Ross asked him what island that was up ahead. He looked out and saw an island with two large hills.

"Not sure...but..."

*Skye raised Elysia and looked through the scope. He looked through it and saw many motionless bodies laying around the island.

"...it seems someone came here before us..."

*Skye lowered Elysia and noticed Ross pointing towards the other ships that arrived. She asked if they should join them as Skye replied,

"Yeah...it'd be best to investigate what happened here."

*Skye leaped off the boat and walked towards the bodies. He looked down at a body and lightly tapped it with Elysia to make sure they were dead. When he didn't see any signs of movement or even breathing, he concluded they were dead.

'What happened here?'

*He wasn't sure as he looked over and saw Jade and others also on the island. He looked around and decided to get a higher vantage point and started climbing up one of the buildings to check his surroundings. Once he got to the top, he raised Elysia and using the scope, he searched the island. He saw many other bodies as the place looked like a war zone. He moved his gun out to the ocean to see if there were any signs of ships aside from their own that might have stopped on the island. He did manage to see something far off, it was small and barely visible, but he guessed it might have been a ship. Who's ship? He didn't know.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: suterusu
Looking out over the deck of the ship Suterusus saw that everyone aboard was excited to reach their destination. The island did not give off an impression of great size to Suterusu.

So we finally reached the island. It feels like we got stuck out there and I didn't know if we would ever make it. Though that feeling always happens when I sail that's why I spend so much time looking at the maps to make sure we are headed in the right direction.

The dock was visible now and the crew ran around getting everything prepared to dock and go ashore. Suterusu moved around deck making sure that everything was set for himself. He neatly put away his maps and grabbed snacks to keep him well taken care of while on the island.

I wonder what Kellan has in mind for us to do here. For that matter I wonder what Jade and the rest of the revolutionaries on this island have in mind. I don't really know what we are doing here but I will be prepared for anything. Which is probably best as Kellan will probably run off the boat as soon as he can and I don't know what will happen if he finds booze for his giant belly.

As the ship docked Suterusu noticed that there seemed to be no movement outside of the revolutionaries. The air seemed still and the town looked like it was empty. Turning his head to sniff the air Suterusu tried to smell anything out of the ordinary. Though there were faint whiffs of something off Suterusu was too far away to smell anything that would cause concern.

Something seems off on this island. I am not sure what but with the lack of movement from the locals it makes me nervous.

Beerbottle said:

"We'll be fine, I'm sure this place is lovely"
Turning towards the sound of the voice Suterusu saw that Kellan was smiling and trying to reassure the men. Suterusu looked around and saw that the men seemed to have been thinking the same thing about the island.

"He really knows how to read his men and knows what to do to keep them calm. Alright lets go explore this island. With this big guy taking the lead I doubt we will find any trouble that we can't handle."

Checking his swords before he left, Suterusu grabbed his napsack and hurried after Kellan to make sure that he was nearby and ready when the time came for action and orders. As he ran after Kellan he saw that Jade's group was up ahead. As they got closer he saw Kellan speaking but couldn't hear it. As he got closer he waved to the group.

"What a wonderful day for a creepy island adventure wouldn't you say?" Sutereusu said with a smile.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: floof
Narration/Action
Speech
Thoughts

Kit had spent a lot of the journey sneaking around the ship in order to explore or to find somewhere quiet to rest his head... Seas were once a place of comfort turned to fear, and that tended to make him feel slightly ill, but he was trying to shut out the memories of his past and focus on his new life among the Revolutionary Army. He heard a lot of shouting from the deck on a regular basis so he hadn't a clue that they were docking up quite yet until it was too late; a slight jolt knocking him off-balance and almost sending him onto the floor.

''Hey, what the-'' He looked towards the door and saw people scrambling across the deck, but not looking scared or worried. He took a step outside, getting hit by the sea air once more but... there was land. ''Oh, thank god!'' He exclaimed, sprinting to the bow of the boat and looking at the beaches and... bodies. His happy expression faded instantly and he felt like throwing up over the edge of the ship. He wasn't used to seeing such sights in the open.

He spotted Jade on the beach, along with a large group of people; some that he had recognised from the lighthouse. He considered joining them, but didn't want to presume so surveyed the area from aboard the ship... Scanning to see if any of the bodies were moving slightly or for any clues as to who committed this atrocity to the locals.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Actions

"Talking"
Thinking
"Attack Names"

Captain Bullshit said:
Miss Jade and Kellan these bodies are still fresh , fight occured not so long ago. Also important thing i forgot to mention is that most of these citizens were well armed , i suspect they are normal citizens to begin with.

It would be best if we burn the bodies to prevent spreading of diseases. I don't think there is nothing on this island left for us. Free for us to take it tho
Jade looks at her and then at some of her men "Ill leave it up to you to deal with the bodies" She felt sorry for how they had been killed and that if they had been faster they might have saved them.

Addressing some more of her men
"Take a look around and if everything is safe we will turn this into a base" She turns to Kellan "We should leave some men to protect the island, it will be good to use this as our first base I think"

Her men start doing the jobs they been assigned, looking around the island and dealing with the bodies. Sophie keeps an eye from the ship and watches the people walking around, as she is watching a lookout comes over to her.

"Miss Sophie, we spotted a ship heading away from the island; its a long way away so arent sure what ship it is" They tell her.

"Thank you, they are most likely the ones who did this. Ill tell Jade when she comes back" The lookout heads away from her once again

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

I had finished my sandwich while the inventor girl finished her assessment of this place. Looking around at all the dead bodies I couldn't help but think to myself; Ugh.. I probably shouldn't have chosen to eat that much right now, this ain't pretty at all. While standing still at this spot I could hear footsteps around me, their owners having come from the general area of the ships. Turning my head I saw Suterusu in all his furry glory as he took in the sight of the carnage as well. This is bloody terrible, this is true mayham.. Whatever happened here we were too late to stop it.. Its not good enough! Chiding myself inwardly for being inadequate I turned my head over to Jade as she started talking:
Ziosa said:
"Take a look around and if everything is safe we will turn this into a base" "We should leave some men to protect the island, it will be good to use this as our first base I think"
Seeing no problems with this I nodded my head in agreement.. Then thought that perhaps it would be more proper to answer aloud I said: "You're absolutely right I think.. I've got several men with me as well so leaving someone behind to guard this place shouldn't pose any trouble.

As I watched Jade's men started the work needed, I had foolishly left my crew on the boat so I thought it might be a good idea to turn back and fetch them.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Narration/Action
Speech
Thoughts
Flashback

"Oye Lucius, wait for me!" Ross shouted as the young man leaped off the Roaring Red Moose. She followed and did the same, landing herself to the ground to see a sight which almost made her puke. Several dead bodies lying around, flies swarming on them and the air heavy with a strong smell of blood.

"What the fuck happened here!" She couldn't control herself.

She stooped down to feel the pulse of a man lying nearby and realized he was already dead. Just then she saw a group of people who had came down from the other ships. Jade's group and Kellan's group. She remembered how the woman named Ratchet had introduced herself as the medic and offered to treat Kit's wounds so she thought of asking about her opinion as she started approaching her while carefully dodging the bodies so as not to step on them. Dead or not, she felt it would be bad to disrespect them.

As she was nearby she heard several things being discussed. The first one being the most shocking.
Captain Bullshit said:
It would be best if we burn the bodies to prevent spreading of diseases.
"Is she serious! A disease? Which one!"

"Oye you Ratchet, Am I going to get the disease? I just touched that person over there!" Ross was panicking. She would rather die a valiant death from a fearful battle than die from a lame disease. Also, just then she remembered something else. "Umm.... also did you get my note requesting the items?"

Waiting for her assurance Ross couldn't help overhear Jade's words as she had other plans.
Ziosa said:
"We should leave some men to protect the island, it will be good to use this as our first base I think"
"I see. So they want to set it up as a base already?" Not that I mind. But all these dead bodies is really giving me a bad impression."
She cleared her throat to speak, "Umm, Oye Miss Jade, May I? I think we should try to know what happened here. I could go and check some of the houses so see if there are any survivors - small kid, woman, anything and ask them. I don't like the situation at all."

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: beky
Bold - Thoughts

Italic - Actions
Bold and Italic - Speaking
*Naration,flashback...*

As she was talking with Jade Ratchet heard someone talking to her. It was miss Ross her comrade.**

Kagura said:
"Oye you Ratchet, Am I going to get the disease? I just touched that person over there!"
Kagura said:
"Umm.... also did you get my note requesting the items?"
No it doesn't work like that, disease would start to occur if we would let bodies to rot. That's why it is best to burn them since digging graves takes too long. But just in case wash your hands.

Also regarding your items i did get the memo , i shall go back to the ship and create them for you in case we decide to split up now. If you guys need me here just call me on my Den Den.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
*Action
"Talking"
'Thinking'

Skye lowered Elysia, but kept his gaze at the ship sailing away. He didn't know who the ship belonged to, but he could tell it was not a marine ship, leaving the only option to be pirates.

Skye leaped down from the building and landed on the ground. He noticed Jade and Ross nearby and turned to walk towards them to inform him of what he knows. However, he stopped, when he heard a sound. He gripped Elysia tightly, in case it was an enemy that stayed behind. He paused for a brief second, waiting to see if the person was going to make another movement of some kind, but nothing came.

Gripped Elysia, he swiftly turned and pointed her in the direction of the noise. He had his finger on the trigger, ready to threaten the one who made the noise, but his eyes widened slightly and he made a small grunt noise as he saw a woman holding her arm, blood dripping flowing down it. She looked in pretty bad shape.

"W-Who are you? A-Are you one of those pirates....urgh..."

*She groaned and fell to her knees.

'So...they were pirates...'

Skye lowered Elysia, but kept his caution up as he looked at the injured woman. He then took out the Den Den Mushi he was given at the meeting and used it to connect to Ross.

"I found a survivor...she seems to know what happened..."

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: suterusu
As Suterusu came closer to the group the smell of blood and steel crashed into his nose. Looking around at the corpses Suterusu was stunned by the scene around him. He slowly walked closer to the scene making sure to not miss a single detail of what could be seen.

Walking around the area he noticed that the people he could see were adults that were all armed.

This was a battle not a raid on a defenseless village. I say that but that is nothing more than my opinion. This battle seems one-sided these people fought hard but were no match for their enemies.

As he continued walking about he began to hallucinate with the faces of friends and family long gone. With each passing corpse the visions got stronger and more realistic.

"You aren't real, you aren't real. Why won't you leave me alone?"

With the strength of the visions Suterusu began to breathe heavy and look around wildly for some way to escape. As he looked he noticed how everyone was acting calm and saw movement on the ships as the crews continued their chores waiting for orders.

Reaching into his knapsack Suterusu grabbed the bottle he kept on him and took a generous swig. As the liquid gave him a warm sensation it helped clear his mind and the visions slowly began to fade away. Taking another swig Suterusu returned the bottle back to his bag and walked briskly back towards the boat to await orders.

One of these days I will stop these visions but I ask that you all wait until I have finished what was started all those years ago.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Actions

"Speech"
Thinking
"Attacks"

Kagura said:

"Umm, Oye Miss Jade, May I? I think we should try to know what happened here. I could go and check some of the houses so see if there are any survivors - small kid, woman, anything and ask them. I don't like the situation at all."
"Yeah lets go look around, some of my men might have found survivors already" Jade says and heads to where some of her men are "Have you found any survivors?"

"We havent, but i think someone has over there" One of them replies while pointing, she looks where he is pointing and heads over
to where Loony was.

On the way the girl looks around
A good place for a base but something feels off.. Her foot bumps into something and she looks down. A sword lies on the ground next to someone A sword? arent they civilians? although being in the Grand Line means you might need to protect yourself no matter who you are, and it didnt seem to help them..

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Narration/Action
Speech
Thoughts
Flashback

Captain Bullshit said:
But just in case wash your hands.
Ross tried to smile meekly but couldn't shake off the feeling that she might have got infected. She couldn't wait to scrub her hands with soap so she gave a nod in acknowledgement to Ratchet when she told her about her requested items. Ratchet was already proving herself much more useful than anyone else.

Just when she was staring at her hand with a pained expression she felt something in her pocket making a sound. It was the den-den-mushi. She picked up the receiver gingerly so as not to spread the imaginary virus anymore as she answered it. It turned out to be Lucius! What she heard next made her eyes sparkle with excitement.
Loony said:
"I found a survivor...she seems to know what happened..."
Shouting on top of her lungs, she tried to gather everyone's attention as she vivaciously announced "WE FOUND A SURVIVOR!"

She attempted to go in Lucius's direction when everyone gathered around her.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

While standing there Ross had sidled up next to me and was talking to Ratchet the inventor. After that Ross thought it might be a good idea to look for surviors and I thought to myself; It would be a good thing for us if there are any survivors, though it might be heartbreaking for them to be alive when everyone else is dead. I had wanted to gather some men from my ship so they could help out building the new base. However several of my men had already taken the initiative to come onto land and follow us, some started retching, but most started to make themselves useful.

I noticed that Jade had left at some point, but before I could inquire about her wherabouts Ross suddenly exclaimed beside me;
Kagura said:
"WE FOUND A SURVIVOR!"
"What!?" "Lets hurry!" Ross and I and some of our men started to run in the direction I could see Lucious, though Jade had already beaten us to it as she was the one that would reach first.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
*Action
"Talking"
'Thinking'

*Skye heard the loud yelling of Ross and sighed as he turned of his den_den_mushi. He looked back at the woman and approached her, slowly, but cautiously. He knelt down about 3 feet from her, keeping his distance and examined the wounds on her body. From what he could tell, they were recently made.

Skye heard footsteps behind him and stood up.

"What happened here?"

*Skye asked the woman as his comrades soon joined him.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: aloe vera
"Yawn..."

As Vera opened her eyes, she saw she was still laying on her couch. Had she been sleeping for the past several hours? She had no idea. I must have fallen asleep while reading books in the library!, she thought as she gently sat in an upright position. Stretching herself, she yawned again before standing up and leaving the room.

As she was walking around the ship, she happened across a crewman, who instantly called her out: "Miss Vera? Were you aboard this whole time?! I sure thought you had gone ashore with the other officers!!"

"Hm? What do you mean, ashore?"
, she replied, with her mind still hazy of sleep.

"Miss, we've already made landfall!!" Hearing this, Vera hurried upstairs, climbing on the deck. As she emerged from below the deck, she discovered a landscape radically different and perhaps even stranger than the Twin Peaks: the ship was now anchored at a port town that had been built on what looked like giant cacti growing out of the ocean!! As she leaned over the railing to look closer, however, the reek of blood overwhelmed her. Even from where she was, she could tell something was off: what appeared to be human corpses were laying all around the town!

"Don't tell me..." she muttered as a look of pure fright came over her face. Frozen to the bone, Vera wasted no time heading back to her room, where she hid under her blanket and tried her best to forget what she had just seen -- the shadow of death.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

I reached Lucious only moments after Jade. Lucious must have just asked the woman a question because she was biting her lips nervously. With a frighened look at me she began to tell her tale of woe: "Pirates came to the island.. This peaceful island.. sob" I watched as tears flowed down her cheek, I tried to share a look with Jade as such missing the ruthless gleam in the woman's eyes. I looked back as she continued again; "We just wanted to share our happiness with them, but that was not enough.." "They wanted our riches, and when we tried to refuse them they attacked"

I was boiling inside.. My rage numbing my sensibilities as old memories played over in my head; This is exactly like back then.. Ruthless pirates that just takes all and leaves people broken in their wake. I couldn't forget.. I wouldn't forget the face of my father standing trial for something pirates had forced him to. My mind snapped back to the present as the woman's words reached me again; "First they killed a few, and when we gave them all we had.. They.." And at this point her voice quivered ever so slightly of something I could only see as heartbreak. "They did not believe us, they thought we had immense riches.. So even if we had given all we could.." "They still slaughered us like cattle and stole a precious friend of mine.."

At this I finally managed to speak, though my rage must have been easy for all to see; "Precious friend you say?" "Who is that?" And once again in my anger I missed the warning calls that the woman was setting us up as she spoke once more; "She's called Miss Wednesday and they took her saying they were going to do this and that to her on the ship.." After this the woman promply fainted.. Or seemed to at least.

"... I'll kill them..". Nothing would stop me now.

Top Bottom