CERCE’S DREAMLAND

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

I’ve been inspired by @Larsi and @Chris Mic and combine their wisdoms to take break from role play and make loose fanfic instead! Since I actually go by jobi now irl keeping my mc’s name as Joby seems a little self-mythologizing lol. So I’ll be combining the stories of my Role Play character, Every T. Joby, and someone who I was getting ready to introduce later on, Cerce NoNames.. so why not put them together and call her Every T. Cerce! I might end up just using Cerce NoNames tho XD

the story will center around the one I started to write in my most recent role play—with some important differences.

I don’t know how far this will take me, but if the roleplay section was any indication—maybe a lot farther than I ever intended XD

but if it goes far enough, the intention will be to base the story in many ways off of the adventures of the Everything Pirates. Devil fruit-like powers will be at play. I already have a fun gimmick for what I want to grant powers to people. The world is made of sky islands on a sea of clouds....

I’ll post updates and things here for folks to scope out and share thoughts.

Right now I’m storyboarding ^__^

Stay tuned for (Corpse Doll) / Cerce’s Dreamland

Last edited:

Chris Mic

Enjoy Vertigo!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
YES!!! Omfg I absolutely can't wait, you're one of the most talented artists and creative minds I've had the pleasure to meet over the years, so a comic serialization of your creation? Consider me hooked :pepemusic: (pls tag when new chapters come out I'm stoked sdjdkfjfdkfjdfkfhf)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
YES!!! Omfg I absolutely can't wait, you're one of the most talented artists and creative minds I've had the pleasure to meet over the years, so a comic serialization of your creation? Consider me hooked :pepemusic: (pls tag when new chapters come out I'm stoked sdjdkfjfdkfjdfkfhf)
Let’s see if I can get all the ground work done by 2021 :bloodtear: :blobsweatwipe:

Chris Mic

Enjoy Vertigo!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Let’s see if I can get all the ground work done by 2021 :bloodtear: :blobsweatwipe:
Take your time, it took me until September 2019 to be okay with publishing Vertigo and I'm still figuring things out! Oda had been writing One Piece in his head since his childhood and he's still making new things in his 40s. YOUR STORY WILL BE EPIC

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I might as well commence writing stuff.. Before Bleach materializes,I alrdy had a similar theme of 12 captains who protect the world albeit they are assigned in 12 different dimensions.. Been in my head since grammar school and I am 33.. Lol

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Spent the day writing about the world/mythology of the setting for the story. Last night I was watching a lot of helpful YouTube tutorials for webcomics and it gave me the idea to start with the BIG PICTURE and then zoom into a moment within that and make that relatively small moment within the timeline (with events already well underway).

It’s a little early for me to place daily updates here, but.... as this is in a lot of ways something I’ve wanted to begin for a while but never had the confidence to, I feel like sharing the bits and pieces right now will help me hold myself accountable and follow through!

The elevator pitch: “Hallucinatory post-apocalyptic One Piece, but in outer-space (and more gay).”

Following the journey of an amnesiac tomboy as she inadvertently seeks to uncover her own personal history as an inter-dimensional gender fluid space pirate in a world that has forgotten its own history, stranded on islands drifting through an endless sea of poisonous clouds!

the setting: the Saccharine Sea is a seemingly endless expanse of billowing clouds upon which float a small constellation of islands suspended within mysterious ‘Bubbles’. The air outside of the bubbles is toxic to those who dwell within their borders and commerce/travel between them is strictly regulated by the oligarchs which govern them.

the powers that be: Harpies are ancient and immortal ‘legendary birds’ worshipped as deities and passed down from generation to generation of the ruling elite and represent the pinnacle of sovereign power within the Saccharine Sea. Each Harpy holds an uncanny and seemingly divine power uniquely its own.

Harpies in Possession of the Ruling House:
The Jailor
-the ability to encapsulate objects and spaces in strange bubbles
The Executioner
-the ability to separate/divide any object it places both wings against in half (the split occurs between the two points it touches)
The Forge
-the ability to produce, turn into, and manipulate blue flames

teaser: a steadily growing population of nonbelievers have taken up referring to the Harpies as ‘Corpse Dolls’—a profane substitute with unknown origins.... Simply uttering the phrase will earn any citizen, regardless of social standing, a Public Floating: akin to a public hanging, the Jailor is ordered to produce a bubble around the accused which cannot be popped. The public then cheers and watches as the damned slowly floats away—their own bubble passing through into the toxic sky above the Saccharine Sea where they float away never to be seen again.
[automerge]1591414393[/automerge]
Some more concept art for ‘the Jailor’

cant decide if its nickname once it joins Cerce’s ‘Everything Ascociation’ should be Shalki or Gochi..... thoughts @Ranger and @Gochi ?

(Easter egg: the Jailor’s tail is now Jobymamushi’s nose)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Im getting dark continent vibes from HxH with the jailor.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Im getting dark continent vibes from HxH with the jailor.
It kills me that I caught up right when that arc started :catcry:

my initial impulse is to base all the Harpy designs off of animal embryos
[automerge]1591424558[/automerge]
The first arc will focus on exploring the ways in which the rulers of the first archipelago use the Harpies in their possession to maintain supremacy over a relatively modest population of uninformed civilians and Cerce’s inadvertently toppling of their government and subsequent leaving of the chat. The reader and Cerce will become familiar with her unique ability to secrete special hormones from her palm—which for the time being she can only use to alter metabolic processes like being sleepy or alert or horny by applying the hormones topically.

Eventually we will be introduced to the concept of a ‘Curse Eater’: someone who has managed to cultivate a revived Harpy Egg and consumed the creature (alive) in its adolescent state before it is able to imprint to a specific ‘user’. Doing so is akin to eating a devil fruit and grants the Curse Eater the unique ability of that specific Harpy. At the time of the curse eater’s death, a small stone is harvested from their stomach. That stone is what eventually develops into an egg from which that same Harpy is then regenerated.

so once we move on to the world beyond the first archipelago, curse eaters and their role operating on the fringes of the floating civilizations further into the Saccharine Sea will become more and more prevalent. It will be confirmed that Cerce is a corpse eater.
[automerge]1591450461[/automerge]
I might as well commence writing stuff.. Before Bleach materializes,I alrdy had a similar theme of 12 captains who protect the world albeit they are assigned in 12 different dimensions.. Been in my head since grammar school and I am 33.. Lol
Write gamby write! Everything is derivative of everything else at the start!
[automerge]1591454344[/automerge]
Concept art for ‘the Executioner’
[automerge]1591652671[/automerge]
About 5 hours into this one :catcry:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The idea seems really cool and your artwork makes me jealous. :dva:
I call dibs on being the number one fan. :pepemusic:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
ALRIGHT YOU SCALLYWAGS!!!

feast yer eyes and weep!!!
Corpse Doll ch.0 is coming!!!!
Here’s a ‘almost’ finished page <3
all this confidence is feigned. Low key was convinced I couldn’t draw a comic until working on these past few pages lololol imposter syndrome has been mildly alleviated

[automerge]1603244889[/automerge]
@Ranger @Ziosa @Frayz seee... I promise I am at least keeping busy while I neglect my duties :pepeking:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
God, this looks so incredible!
I can't wait to see more of this! keep me posted pls. 🐟

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
God, this looks so incredible!
I can't wait to see more of this! keep me posted pls. 🐟
Will do buddy :)
[automerge]1603260588[/automerge]
Lol.... I guess this is why you’re supposed to do thumbnails before committing to the final version....

took me 2 hours to make this edit....

Last edited:

Ranger

The Driven
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
nice nose :pepeD:

----

also this is awesome! its even colored :D

Top Bottom