Chapter Discussion CHAPTER 281: PLUS ULTRA!

This chapter was—

• A total let down

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Perfect

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
My Hero Academia 281
Title: Plus Ultra!

Support My Hero Academia by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON MANGASAIL

MY HERO ACADEMIA CHAPTER 281 QUICK SUMMARY

Coming Soon...

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Rip Gran Torino
You had a nice run my man

Oh man Aizawa bout to get his quirk erased and shigi will go wild

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The foreshadowing is strong in this one...RIP Gran Torino.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yeah this really blew me away. The tension was so well executed I don’t even remember what sulong is.

also Shigi looking like a marvel comic villain so cool and finally gets a solid monologue—him killing Gran Torino is Shakespearean

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Excellent chapter. Shigi's about to get plus ultra on everyone.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Excellent chapter. Shigi's about to get plus ultra on everyone.
It’s gonna be really messed up actually.

This was Shigi going plus ultra. To me this chapter is the moment where he became a super villain
[automerge]1598166656[/automerge]
Once aizawa gets his quirk erased (thank god it’s that and not death....unless he does still die....) I actually have no idea what to expect

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
:blobworried: ugh, this is why I don't catch up. Something horrible is about to happen. Aizawa may be the target but someone else is going to step in the way... and the feeling I have is that it's not going to be Manual... or Endevor (though taking out the top 3 heros would make everyone worry...)

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Alright tin foil time...
I'm doing some back reading just cus and I forgot that there was a serum developed at the same time as the quirk eraser bullets and Overhaul had both on him... what if Shigaraki wasn't about to use the eraser capsuls but the serum ones?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Alright tin foil time...
I'm doing some back reading just cus and I forgot that there was a serum developed at the same time as the quirk eraser bullets and Overhaul had both on him... what if Shigaraki wasn't about to use the eraser capsuls but the serum ones?
Not very plus ultra if you ask me XD

I’m not too worried about aizawa’s quirk being erased. It would force more development along the eri learning how to use her powers story-line.

though, what if bakugo, the kid who loves his quirk so much, takes the bullet on purpose?

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Not very plus ultra if you ask me XD
I did finish my read back and they did indeed pick up both the serum and the erasers BUT they called it an incomplete product. So it looks like LoV didn't know how far Overhaul got with those shot bullets...
though, what if bakugo, the kid who loves his quirk so much, takes the bullet on purpose?
That's exactly who I was thinking would have the intercept. He's right there, not directly engaging at the moment. And him getting hit would be very very upsetting.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
not buying RIP Torino. For me, he can still stand and have a final jet stream to eat the bullet fired by Shiggy towards Aizawa.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
That's exactly who I was thinking would have the intercept. He's right there, not directly engaging at the moment. And him getting hit would be very very upsetting.
Ughhhhh that would actually fuck me up. I have had trouble connecting with bakugo at times and I get that he is a very strong character—but I do think it would be interesting to see him have to maybe ‘re-learn’ his quirk somehow?

now that I think about it, Aizawa can’t lose his quirk because then there is no counter to Eri going out of control. But then again, it would create a necessity within the story for her to gain control.... but then she is way too overpowered too early..... idk.

Options:

1. aizawa takes an incomplete bullet and loses temporary use of his quirk. Shiggy kills a bunch of people but is unable to capture deku with his life so he flees.

2. bakugo intercepts and melts the fuck out of that dumbass bullet and fire dad knocks shiggy’s head off his shoulders.

3. bakugo takes the bullet and his quirk is impacted anywhere from suppression to erasure, aizawa looses focus on shiggy long enough for shiggy to use afo and bounce with his life.

What else?

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
What else?
Endeavor takes the bullet and loses his quirk and we all celebrate because now he has to be a good dad, but we get sad because that means a whole new restructure of top 10 heros...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Endeavor takes the bullet and loses his quirk and we all celebrate because now he has to be a good dad, but we get sad because that means a whole new restructure of top 10 heros...
I don’t see how that’s possible though, isn’t he the farthest away?
[automerge]1598473723[/automerge]
As much as I would love for that supreme fucklord to get chemically neutered :pepemusic:

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I don’t see how that’s possible though, isn’t he the farthest away?
[automerge]1598473723[/automerge]
As much as I would love for that supreme fucklord to get chemically neutered :pepemusic:
He's between Eraserhead and Shigaraki and a little to the side. There probably would be enough time to react and he take it.
But yea, I'm with you... i wouldn't be too upset if he suddenly lost his quirk. :LOL:
He's probably the only one, other than Manual, that could get quirk erased and i be like "whew!" :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom