Island Clockwork Island

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Clockwork Island #9
Enter The Donor’s Paradise!

The woman seemed unusually concerned of people who didn’t have replacement showing. Whatever the reason, it was clear in her voice the pain of her past was the culprit. The woman widened her eyes when the hunter so quickly dismissed the idea, nonchalantly stating he came from below.

Doni let go of him, taking a step back, her back hitting the wall of the alley. She now looked in shock. How was that possible? Suddenly, the man took a better look at her, recognizing the body parts of Dona, now in the woman.

The hunter spoke, revealing he knew Dona. The woman’s face turned on its head. Her heart beat so loud, the hunter could hear it. Her eyes watered as she leaned forward.

[Doni] “YOU’VE SEEN MY OLDER BROTHER?! TELL ME! I-I-IS DONA OKAY?! DID THEY HELP HIM?!

The woman screamed at the top of her lungs, very excited and worried. Gerhman would have to do something, she was so loud that if it continued, she would likely to draw attention from the guards, leading them to the alley. She demanded an answer, the pain of her past heard in her voice again.

Dona, literally meaning “Donor” in Japanese. The woman was named Doni, literally meaning “Donee” in Japanese. Were they victims of the Organ Dealer Organization? How could the hunter use the perverse reality of the victims? Gerhman’s next words would be vital.

OCC: I’m very proud of the wordplay 😜

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Clockwork Island #9

The woman would cry out in disbelief as she heard that this stranger had met her brother. The Hunter's reaction to her shock was one of equal shock with a splash of anxiety. The man would almost instantly cover her mouth, just like she had done moments prior, while extending his index finger. With a shushing motion, he'd remind her to be quiet. It was evident that Gehrman wasn't used to dealing with people who wear their emotions on their sleeves. After she had calmed down a little bit he'd remove his hand and continue the conversation.

" His fate was already sealed when I arrived. I could only ease his suffering. My sincerest apologies." Gehrman would say. His piercing yellow eyes gazed into the woman. The hunter tried but he clearly lacked empathetic skills. For it'd come across as an act, a routine studied over and over again. A side effect for training to hunt and kill since an early age. It breaks and twists the mind of many a man. Gehrman in that regard is the sanest and 'human'. But still, to another human, he'd come across as odd and more like a robot.

"I seek those that rule this paradise. Where may I find them?" Gehrman continued perhaps through the sobbing of the woman in front of him. But he had a mission to complete.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Clockwork Island #10

The woman shrieked, shushed by the hunter. She breathed heavily, her heart pounding loudly. When Gehrman told her or Dona’s face, the woman fell to her knees, Tears streamed down her face in strobes. She grabbed her mouth, and as quietly as she could, Doni sobbed. Whimpers that would make the most prude man quiver.

It took a minute or two for Doni to process. She stood up, leaning against the wall in the ally. She seemed to be in a trance, her breathing starting to normalize. Doni spoke lowly, voice cracking.

[Doni] “It’s my fault, you know. Our family did not have the funds to get replacements. The guards would have killed me. Dona wanted to protect me.

[Doni] “Big bro gave his own body so I could live.
A somber truth. The man executed by Gehrman had given up limb so his little sister could live; a macabre reality to those poor in Clockwork Island. Doni went on to explain she labored day and night to get enough money to buy Dona medicine. However, it seemed the thugs lied, instead giving Dona just enough to keep him alive as bait. Everything really was connected.

Doni suddenly stopped her breath. She stopped crying. The woman looked to Gehrman, teeth gritting, fists balled up, and eyes now filled with will.

[Doni] “They have to pay! I will take you to the castle. That is where that Bastard, “Organ Dealer” Jibra lives, using us as playthings!”

Gehrman had gained an ally. An ally in anger. An ally seeking to avenge her brother. This man, who had come from the forbidden world below, who eased her brother’s pain, was now the spear tip of revenge. The woman explained to Gehrman how to get into the castle. They had to get a clearance only available to those who had bagged 50 bodies for donors.

Doni introduced herself, telling the man her name. She asked for his in return, before telling him her plan.
[Doni] “I-I work for a merchant: Russo. He has his 50th body en route. If we follow him, we may be able to take his clearance. What do you say?”

Doni would point to the man in the market. Gehrman would recognize him. He was one of the men he overheard speaking. Gehrman would have a job of how to tail him, while avoiding the guards.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Clockwork Island #9

Gehrman would observe the young woman's reaction to the unfortunate news. Doing her utmost best to keep her sorrow contained. Naturally, however, this was a futile attempt. But she had managed to keep it silently enough so those on the streets wouldn't hear her. She was on her knees and wept up with a mixture of several emotions but mostly heartache. Gehrman would direct his eyes and his gaze to the busy streets at the side after having seen enough. The man himself would sink within thought. An unnatural cord was struck within the hunter. Something all his life training hadn't prepared him for. Or perhaps all those years had prevented him from learning it entirely. The Elders found it compromising and could jeopardize contracts. Eventually, Doni would stand up, giving context to her predicament.

The Hunter listened to her tale connecting the dots that had led to Dona's tragic end. At least he had given the man the choice to die peacefully. Gehrman would refrain from informing her of his deeds until he had found it necessary. No reason to dwell on it any further, he surmised.

Suddenly the woman's will would shift. Tragedy and heartache swapped with conviction and will to press on. One might assume revenge had also shown its crude awakening, a dangerous poison. "Very well. Is as good a plan as any. Name is Gehrman. An odd name I know. Many simply call me, Hunter." Gehrman said as he peered back into the busy street, observing if guards or someone else was on the lookout. "Hmm. Without replacements, I stand out too much I'm afraid.” Hunter said as he tried to look for a way for him to stalk without getting noticed too much. He had a few ideas, walking within large crowds. Masking himself from observation or going with the rooftops. Whatever looked the most plausible he'd take. If the rooftops weren't particularly high he'd go with the former. No reason to stalk rooftops if they're only a meter or two high. "I'd suggest you take the lead. I'll follow you from the shadows. Unless you can vouch for me when guards spot us walking together?" Gehrman said, suggesting a third option. Masking himself as someone else, a new workforce, guard or anything in particular. It was all to refrain the guards from messing with their plans.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Clockwork Island #11

Emotions flared. The two discussed a plan. Gehrman, as he introduced himself, came up with valid ideas. Doni pondered. There were guards even in the rooftops, watching the donor trade - that was out. They had to stick in large crowds as the hunter suggested, but they could be found out without a visible replacement.

[Doni] “I-I-I will not let Big Brother’s sacrifice be in vain…”

Doni pondered, before her eyes filled with will. The woman tore a piece of her long skirt, bundled it up, and placed it on her mouth, biting down on it. The woman took out a knife, clearly made to cut into skin, and held it up. With no hesitation, the woman brought it to her right hand.

[Doni] “Mhhhmmmmm! AAHMMMMMM!!!”

The sound of bone being serrated echoed. The woman screamed into the cloth, biting down on it, keeping her screams muffled. After a minute or so, her hand now wrapped to stop bleeding, Doni presented two fingers from her left hand: her pinky and heart finger. Along with them was bandages.

[Doni] “Haaa… Haa…. Bandage these… haaa… to your hand and keep it out in the open. Haa….. Having seven fingers should… haaa…”

An ally with will of a scorned and angry woman. Doni trailed off, before taking a knee. Gehrman may be a hunter and trained, but Doni was simply a woman, a scorned one. She eventually got up, peeking out of the alley, ready to follow the Hunter’s lead. The high-powered merchant was already moving, bringing a covered wagon with four men manning it. They went through the crowd towards the palace.

Gehrman would have to take point. The closer they got to the palace, the more guards, watching the crowd intently. How could they follow without sticking out?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Clockwork Island

Gehrman observed with bewilderment as Doni went to cut off her fingers without any discussion about it. Not that Gehrman had much to say on the matter. But still, he looked on, surprised and simply stunned. He could not fathom an individual going to such lengths for a complete stranger. Was revenge that strong of an emotion for her to push through? The Hunter took the fingers and followed her instructions. He'd roll up one of his sleeves and bandaged them to his hand, keeping his replacements out in the open. Gehrman followed behind Doni but noticed she fell to her knee, exhaustion and the loss of blood the cause for it. Gehrman would hand her a vial from his pouch, a painkiller. Gehrman was a novice doctor and carried a few concoctions with him. A precaution for the guild as to allow many members to keep up with the mission. Time is money after all. "Here, it should dull the pain considerably."

With the pain now hopefully dulled the two set out to deploy their plan. Gehrman took the lead now with 7 fingers on his hand while still looking less suspicious. No hat was on his head but kept his mask above his nose. Showing his ever-present grey hair and piercing yellow eyes. Gehrman and Doni would follow the cart closely from behind. But the closer they got to the location the more prominent the guards became. The hunter noticed this shift rather quickly. He'd observe their routes and patterns to make sure his plan would work. He'd also take note of the cart itself. The wagon was covered but was the back tied or closed off? If not they could sneak into the cart from the back. That'd be Gehrman's idea of improvisation. The cart would most likely smell which did not bother him but could bother his accomplice.

"Shield your nose, and follow me quickly. We've got only a few second window." Gehrman whispered softly. But Doni would be close enough to hear him.

And with that, if all was right Gehrman would go through with it. The moment the guards had a blind spot with the wagon being surrounded by people would be their time to strike. The Hunter would move in with grace and quickly if the covering wasn't tied or knotted they'd get in rather easily. If he managed to get in and Doni didn't follow behind him he'd peer through the coverage to see what was stalling her and to offer aid if needed.

Offer aid? It'd happen instinctively to the hunter but never had he taken such an action unconsciously before. After both of them were in the cart he'd reflect on this mentally. Just what was this emotion? It was an odd sensation. Something he hadn't experienced since he was a child. Back when he was naive and taken in by the guild. Oblivious and concentrated on the mission Gehrman carried on. But doubt and fear did nestle within him.

Morality's fingers were wrapping themselves around Gehrman's neck once again. How long until they'd suffocate him?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Clockwork Island #12

Doni took the medicine - she would do anything to get her revenge. Her actions spoke louder than any words uttered. She would sacrifice even her body. Plan in mind, the two followed the wagon. Gehrman did not spike attention, as the seven fingers was the correct costume. The wagon approached the palace, and so did the guard regimen.

The hunter thought fast, using stealth to sneak into the wagon. Doni followed, and by a hair, by mere seconds of a glance, they made it inside without being seen. Inside was, predictably, a body. It was covered by a blanket, but-for the feet, which stuck out. It would be up to Gehrman whether to look inside or not. Every action begets a reaction, after all.

[Doni] “Hear that? The palace is made with Galtean Architecture, where the edges of the building swallow air and bellow out acoustic music.”
[Doni] “We’re getting closer, but not yet. the amulet granting passage should be given at the Outer Gate.”

Doni whispered, keeping her voice low. The cart trudged on for some time, the acoustic music growing louder each minute. If Gehrman looked outside stealthily, he’s see the Outer Gate. At least two dozen thugs with swords and guns were stationed in an oval-shape around the gate. One figure stood out; a man-wolf.

Doni whispered to Gehrman the name of the wolf: “Heartbreaker Pete”, one of the Four Surgeon Beasts, captains of the palace military.

Heartbreaker Pete approached the cart. He held an amulet in his hand, beeping lowly. The merchant Russo, riding shotgun in the cart, greeted him. Russo was about to take the amulet, when, suddenly, Pete retracted his hand. Pete sniffed the air, with a face of concern showing. Did he smell something other than a rotting body?

[Heartbreaker Pete] “Check the cart! One full body!”

Pete held the amulet until he got proof. Five of the two dozen thugs approached, intent on unmasking the cart.

(see previous NPC thugs for stats)

"Heartbreaker" Pete

Level 15
15 x 5 = 75
Strength: 17+4=21
Speed: 17+4=21
21x2=42
-Reaction: 21
-Movement: 21
Vitality:20 + 2=222
22 x2= 44
-Durability: 21
-Stamina: 23
Martial Arts: 21
21x2=41
-Brawling: 41

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Clockwork Island

Gehrman and Doni had managed to get into the cart undetected. Once inside the two were greeted by a single body covered up by a blanket. The blanket apparently was not long enough to cover the feet for it stuck out. Doni quickly motioned for the hunter’s attention, she was actively listening to the sounds she was accustomed to. The cart would continue its path until it’d slow down, revealing that it had reached one of its destinations.

The Hunter still peering through the cart as stealthy as possible would observe the presence of a more capable individual. Heartbreaker Pete. As Doni had called him. A high ranking officer within this island's army. A quick glance revealed that he was accompanied by a dozen or so guards making it for a tough battle if it ever came to it. Gehrman had to come up with a strategy to either isolate the man or avoid him altogether. The latter he wasn’t really keen on. Pete still was one of his targets, a lesser one but still a target. With a sniff and a shout, Pete ordered for the cart to be searched. The time was ticking now. If they’d unmask them here and now a battle was inevitable and while Gehrman’s chances of success were minimal with Doni beside him those chances were even slimmer. He had to think of something.

Gehrman would move towards the body and take off the blanket. Whatever it revealed beneath it would remain to be seen. But he hoped for it to be a somewhat natural body and not a complete mutant. He’d toss the blanket to Doni, motioning her to cover herself with it. Hoping that the dead odour would mask her own. It wasn’t pleasant but a necessity for survival. Next Gehrman would look to slice off fingers from this dead guy or any limb would do after he had checked if the body was actually deceased. Next, if he succeeded in part one he’d coat said hand with several drops of his own blood. Having made a cut in his hand moments prior. Now with several fingers or if that was not an option, a hand. Gehrman would proceed to move towards their own entry point, the back of the cart. Once there with a slight opening in the back, he’d throw one of the fingers with considerable strength out in the open. Before any of the thugs had reached the back. After he had thrown one he’d throw another slightly to the side and over the walls that separated this pathway from the main streets.

Gehrman’s intent with this ploy? He’d try to take advantage of Pete’s very sensitive nose. As part wolf, the hunter figured he’d be more tuned to live and active blood. Now with an object moving at high speed away from the cart coated in ‘active’ blood, supposedly fleeing. He’d most likely send thugs or himself in pursuit of these fleeing targets. Gehrman would afterwards bandage his hand and awaited the results of his actions. He hoped it’d have bought him enough time. Or at least separated some thugs from Pete. The best possible outcome was for the wolf to have been isolated entirely. But he had to wait on that, for now at least.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Clockwork Island #13
The Dark Surgeon’s Palace!

Heartbreaker Pete took a whiff. His senses told him something else was in the cart. One of the Four Surgeon Beasts sent men to investigate. Inside the cart, the hunter saw and heard what was happening and thought fast.

Doni went under the covers, now revealing to be a heavily mutilated body, in pieces. A grim look. Doni had to hold her mouth to prevent from throwing up. The hunter threw the fingers out with haste.

There was a moment of silence. A moment of absolute uncertainty and thriller.

[Heartbreaker Pete] “H-h-he’s getting away! Men, follow him and bring him to me!”

It worked. The blood on the fingers was overpowering, having Pete think whomever had them, whoever was in the cart, fled. All the guards, but two of them at the gate, chased after ghosts. Pete took another sniff. Rustling the blanket disturbed the stink of the body, now enveloping the cart, masking the two spies.

Heartbreaker Pete ironically praised his nose to the merchant, giving him the amulet.

[Heartbreaker Pete] “See that, Russo? Nothing can get past my nose! A peasant must have snuck on board! My men will find him. We’re good to go now!”

Russo stared at the amulet with longing, his smile wide: he had gotten access to the Palace. Heartbreaker Pete led the wagon past the Outer Gate. A few meters later, they were out view from the two guards at the gate. It was still about a mile to the Inner Gate, where more opposition likely waited. The area was white cement with lush gardens, yet unoccupied.

For now, only Heartbreaker Pete was with the wagon, walking in front of it. Russo laughed happily on the bench of the wagon, the horses tugging them ever closer to the Inner Gate, the entrance to the palace itself. Would the hunter strike now, or later?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Clockwork Island

The worst-case scenario had been prevented by some quick thinking on the hunter's part. Most of the guards would move in pursuit of the blurring object, guided by Pete's senses. They'd finally proceed to move through the outer gate, Pete and Russo's exchange had prolonged it a little bit. Now on the move again Gehrman would observe the outer gate until it was hardly in view. At that point, he'd switch to his surroundings observing if there were any guards on this connecting section. So far they were alone in that regard but at the palace, all that would change and Gehrman had a target right next to him. Take him out now and prevent him from potentially ganging upon him. So was the hunter's reasoning.

"Hold the man who controls the cart as a hostage. We cannot allow his escape while I deal with Heartbreaker Pete" Gehrman whispered as he unsheathed his saw cleaver, a weapon Doni most likely hadn't seen before in her life.

Gehrman would exit the cart from the front side as he dashed forward with incredible strength towards Pete, holding his saw cleaver in its short distance form. His position was a bit higher and coming directly from his blindside at remarkable speeds aiming to cleave at his neck. But Gehrman knew the man would spot him with his enhanced senses. Hunting a beast wasn't this easy.

Should the cleave be dodged, blocked or parried. Gehrman would continue his movement forward until he'd stand in front of both Pete and the cart. A few meters of distance between him and Pete would be respected. The Hunter, secretly hoped Doni would follow his guidance. For if Russo escaped, reinforcements would surely become a troubling matter.

Gehrman DPS: 41: 3. Wall/Tree Level + C+(1) = 4. Small Building Level

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Clockwork Island #14

Heartbreaker Pete ironically took pride on his sense of smell, boasting. Russo admired his amulet as they trekked to the Palace Inner Gate. In the surroundings, no one was around; it was clear the action was inside the Inner Gate. Gehrman took the chance. Doni nodded, taking out the knife she had used to cut her fingers and held it at the ready.

The two-pronged attack was swift.

[Heartbreaker Pete] “Arghhh!”
[Russo] “Doni! How could you?! W-w-wait! H-h-hold on!”

In tandem. Doni had Russo with the knife to his throat, immobilized. Doni’s hand was shaking, causing the blade to draw blood. She was not a trained assassin. However, it kept Russo in line - he believed she would kill him.

The cleaver blade ripped through Pete’s left shoulder as he dodged. The wolf had smelled the man, but he was too slow to react in time. Pete‘s body careened to the side. The wolf screamed in pain, before standing up, his left arm limp at his side. The wolf was angry, panting heavily, blinded by rage. Adrenaline had replaced pain.

[Heartbreaker Pete] “I don’t know who you are! But you’re DEAD!”
Heartbreaker Pete dashed towards the stranger. He spun and brought his right leg against the man’s chest. The claws had come out, aiming to stab the man. This one hit thrice with one kick. A brawling expert, Pete had his left leg bent and his right arm at ready, claws and fangs ready.

[Heartbreaker Pete] “Wolf Fang Fist!”

Gehrman DPS: 4. Small Building Level
Pete Durability: 21-40: 2. Small Building Level
Result: Regular Damage​

Pete DPS: 21-40: 2. Street Level + 1 C Rank = 41-60: 3. Wall/Tree Level

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Clockwork Island

The hunter faced Pete and observed the wound he had just inflicted upon the captain. The arm now remained limp to his size, unable to use any longer in this fight. Or perhaps one final strike if he endured through the pain he was feeling. Gehrman would tilt his head in confusion the difference between them in raw physical ability was much greater than he anticipated. "Looks like I won't have to result to that. The beasts at Yharnam are far more deadly. Interesting." The hunter said as he outright ignored Pete's outburst of rage.

Pete after fueling himself with anger pushed off towards the masked intruder. A powerful kick was unleashed towards Gehrman which to an untrained eye would look like one but in reality, he attack thrice in very rapid succession. Sadly the hunter's training had overprepared him for a clash against the Army's captain. He saw the kick coming from a mile away and intercepted the strike with yet another one of his own. Taking another deep breath, Gehrman would prepare his strike while taking a mental note. Let's see if this'll actually work.

With a quick dash of his own Gehrman had closed the distance with the aim of meeting Pete in the middle. Pete would unleash his kick while the hunter would deliver yet another powerful slash attack. The difference here was that this one drew additional strength from his forward movement.

Gehrman DPS: 41: 3. Wall/Tree Level + B+(2) = 5. Large Building Level
41-60: 3. Wall/Tree Level VS 5. Large Building Level
Leftover DPR = 21-40: 2. Street Level

The two attacks would clash as Gehrman's cleaver would dig deep into Pete's kicking leg, slicing up another limb that would most likely lose its ability for combat. Slowly but surely Pete was losing available limbs for combat, a necessity for a brawler type. " Do not resist. For this paradise will follow soon." Gehrman said perhaps with overconfidence, claiming that he'd end this entire paradise.

Whether he was still talking out of duty for a contract or for personal reasons remained to be seen.

Sixth Form: Vacuum Crush
The user dashes at their target at blinding speeds and uses the momentum of their speed to then strengthen a single thrust into their opponent. / B-Rank

Ziosa approved a more detailed list of my techniques. I hope you don't mind me using them in a more natural way. I wanted Gehrman to create a style in a more believable/natural sense. Most of them I had listed are still there but I've got a few more low tier moves as to not repeat myself over and over again.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Clockwork Island #14

Heartbreaker Pete flew into a rage and attacked. Gehrman closed the gap, blocking the kick with an attack of his own. The blade cut the wolf’s claws and dug into his leg. Blood splurged, but the leg held. The wound be hampering, but for now it held. The response was quick. Pete had him close-range, his specialty.

Heartbreaker Pete had his left leg bent last turn for this exact contingency. Pete pushed off it to body-slam Gehrman, bear-hugging him with his only usable hand, his right. Pete made a brawling move to lock the man’s body with his own, spinning in an attempt to bring the man off the ground in a spinning throw. At the same time, Pete aimed to bite down on the man’s body with his fangs.

[Heartbreaker Pete] “Wolf Fang Corkscrew Slam!”
The benefit of brawling was that at such range, inside the arm reach, an weapon would be useless, and strength hampered by the lock. However, Gehrman would likely be able to break the lock, for Pete was handicapped, only able to hold the man with one arm, limiting the lock. He bled from his arm and leg; Pete could hold much longer, but his rage and adrenaline was shown in this throw.

Gehrman DPS: 21-40: 2. Street Level (leftover)
Pete Durability: 21-40: 2. Small Building Level
Result: DPR 2 or more below dura: Not very effective​

Pete Grapple DPS: 21-40: 2. Street Level + 1 C Rank = 41-60: 3. Wall/Tree Level

Pete Bite DPS: 21-40: 2. Street Level
“I hope you don't mind me using them in a more natural way.”
It’s like you don’t know me, Glenn. Like we haven’t been RPing together for 10 years. 😂

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Clockwork Island

Gehrman and Pete clashed with almost equal techniques. The latter, however, received another form of damage but this time was different from the previous one. Now Pete was ready, having readied himself for a situation such as this. With his beast-like durability, the captain sought to bite through the pain going for a quick counter.

With a quick dash, Pete sought to grab and throw Gehrman into the ground with one fast throw. During the throw, Pete sought to damage Gehrman further by bitting down on the hunter with a powerful bite. Gehrman's physique, however, was a lot more durable than Pete would've suspected. He could bite down on his opponent but would lack the necessary strength to dig in deeply. Making for a very shallow wound, if any at all.
Pete's DPS: 21-40: 2. Street Level
Gehrman's Durability: 21-40: 2. Small Building Level
Result: DPR 2 or more below dura: Not very effective
The true damage, however, was still in the actual throw which was a named technique. Gehrman's lack of experience against a brawling type of martial art made him oblivious of the hints and pointers. The hunter would struggle, moving around and about to wiggle himself free from this hold. While also punching and slamming his left fist into Pete's head. Eventually, Gehrman would succeed in wiggling himself free all due to the handicapped wolf, if he had both his arms it'd have been a different story. Still, the momentum Pete had delivered was already in motion and Gehrman would find himself smashed onto the pavement. The difference here was that Gehrman could endure and roll away, instead of being potentially pinned down.
Gehrman's punches: 41-60: 3. Wall/Tree Level

Pete's DPS:41-60: 3. Wall/Tree Level
Gehrman's Durability: 21-40: 2. Small Building Level
Result: DPR 1 below dura: somewhat effective
The slam would damage Gehrman's body somewhat but not too life-threatening as he rolled away from the wolf captain before turning it into a jump allowing him to reach the necessary distance. Now back to where they had started Gehrman would pierce with his eyes as he unravelled his weapon into a more sword-like appearance. It was here that the hunter would inhale sharply once more as he pushed all available oxygen into his body. Flexing his muscular structure as he buffed his physical abilities. " Darkness breathing...second form:" The Hunter would say as he dashed off.

Gehrman would fly off towards Pete with incredible velocity. Depending on whether Pete would be able to follow and or see the hunter all rested on the wolf's physical ability. But if not he'd receive a powerful slash towards his neck, in the aims of beheading the captain. He was a contract. And there was no added bonus for keeping him alive. It was time to end it, right here...right now.

"Call of the void!"

Gehrman shouted as he blitzed past Pete, reappearing behind him. A potential grave wound having been inflicted upon the captain. Whether he was alive or instantly dead all remained on his ability to observe Gehrman's dash attack.
The user charges towards their opponent at high speeds and aims to decapitate them in one slash. C-rank
Gehrman DPS: 41: 3. Wall/Tree Level + C+(1) = 4. Small Building Level

Sure I know. :ROFLMAO: But I once assumed I could also rp my character getting stronger in Kakashi's story but that wasn't allowed so I didn't want to assume it again lol.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Clockwork Island #15

Heartbreaker Pete rustled himself up and looked at Gehrman. His eyes widened as the hunter got up, now filled with terrible intent. Pete’s face was of pure shock and wanting, whispering no to himself. A blur passed by him, and blood splurged from the wolf’s body. A large ‘Ugh!”, echoed, before the wolf’s body hit the ground with a thud.

Silence followed, broken by Doni.

[Doni] “No way! You actually defeated one of the Four Surgeon Beasts! We… we… we can actually do this!”
Perhaps the first time Doni actually believed they could be successful; she was blinded by rage before. Russo stood astonished, now completely giving in to his capture. Doni would tie Russo up with some rope from the wagon, even putting some around his mouth to prevent him from speaking. She would approach Gehrman, giving him some bandages.

[Doni] “There’s three more Surgeon Officers, but Russo told me two of them are out. He said one of them is taking this month’s tribute to their benefactor outside the island, and the other one is investigating the town below. Looks like you made quite a mess down there!”

Doni repeated what Russo had told her during the battle. If he was correct, there was one more Surgeon Beast. It would be up to Gerhman whether they would take the cart or walk towards the Inner Gate, and what would happen to Russo. They had the amulet, which would give them passage to the inner gate.

However they would arrive at the Inner Gate, they would see a populated courtyard with many high-end people talking. Their amulet and replacements allowed them to walk unhindered. The palace greeted them just short of the Inner Gate. The top was where the Mayor lived, or so rumors had it.

How would Gehrman get into the palace? The front door? Sneak in by a window? Blitz his way in? Disguise? The Final Act was upon them.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Clockwork Island

Blood gushed out the inflicted wound. It was finally enough to drain all the stamina Pete had left in his body. It'd mark the defeat of one of the surgeon beasts. Gehrman would turn around, observing his slain enemy with laboured breathing. He took a few steps towards the beast, who was at the threshold between the living and the dead. But with no help in sight, it was a given. Pete would die here. Alone and forgotten. Gehrman would holster his saw blade on his back, allowing him to crouch besides Pete. The Hunter would close his eyes as he placed an amulet on the Beast Surgeon's chest. The marking of the hunter's dream would give enough context to those informed about his guild. Next, he'd take a syringe and took some of Pete's unique blood marking. Gehrman had some testing to do when this mission was over. Perhaps this would finally cause his breakthrough for his beast pellet to finally work. Afterwards, the hunter would give Pete some parting words.

Requiescat in pace. May the echoes guide you.

The hunter would stand up and turned to Doni who had already approached him, bandages in hand. Gehrman would accept them as he started patching himself up. While he did so, Doni went to explain the current whereabouts of the other Surgeons. There were 3 left, and only one of them was currently on Clockwork Island. A shame. Gehrman thought, and he'd also voice his disappointment to Doni.

Hmm. A shame, I'll have to edit the contract then. I had an all kill agreement. Perhaps if we take out the head, the others will follow. Only time will tell.” Gehrman said, voicing his concerns for being unable to defeat all the higher officers here. But perhaps if they could take out the root of all this evil, the rest would follow.

Back on the cart, the two would finally make contact with their final destination. The palace here the Mayor lived. The root and primary objective in his contract. Slay him, extract, and the bounty would be his. Only the matter of approach remained. They had their disguises, and an amulet, so getting in would be the easy part. They had to make certain where the Mayor actually was. Gehrman would turn to Doni before they'd enter the inner gate. They had been going stealthily this entire time, and Gehrman would continue with that MO, for the time being.

The replacements and the amulet should give us enough to get inside. Once there, we should try to gather enough information to reach Jibra's office. How high do you reckon our chances to formally request an audience with him? Perhaps the 50th body would be enough as a milestone to grand us an audience. Or is that too low a number in these parts?” Gehrman said, voicing his thoughts to Doni.

Would the 50th body be enough as a catalyst to reward them an 'audience' with Jibra.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Clockwork Island #16

With one of the Four dead, the duo made their way to the palace. They had no opposition upon entry. It seemed to be a normal wealthy town. The town was small, with but a few dozen regal houses surrounding the palace. Truly, the 1%. Most would be gambling in open daylight, trotting out their new body enhancement. Some had tails, others had eagle eyes, others had massive arms - there was no short of imagination.

Gerhman asked Doni questions she did not know. Doni answered, confused.

[Doni] “I-I-I don’t know. Few have even been here. I do know 50 is a lowly number. We would be considered poor in these parts.”
Truly, the number was underwhelming. These men had hundreds and hundreds of body counts. The duo would walk along the palace. Doni would recognize a name, and stopped, having her and Gerhman listening in. As to not arouse suspicion, Doni grabbed Gehrman’s face and pulled it to hers. A gentle kiss that sought to last so they could listen in. How would the hunter feel?

A guard at the palace doors was talking in a den den mushi.

[Alex “The Blade] “Cannot find the culprit. The traps indicate he went up! Tell Jigra-sama to fortify the Outer Gate. I’ll call the Four Surgeons Beasts to meet at the Clock to protect him.”

The guard followed orders. The voice was special, it was thick-cutted, as if with a jagged tongue. Doni recognized the voice and told Gehrman: one of the Four Saint Surgeaon Beasts, Alex “The Blade”. The Beast was clearly speaking about Gehrman, having been below to see the damage. Now, they were in damage control.

To protect Jigra, the Beasts were going to converge at the Clock. Doni did not know what that meant, but the location would reveal itself. A large gong caught their attention. At the top floor was a massive clock, easily two floors by of the palace itself. For its namesake Clockwork Island. It would take a few hours for Alex to come up from below.

Gehrman would have to find the best way to get to the Clock in time for the meeting.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"Hmm."

The Hunter would respond, still as Stoic as ever. His eyes would gaze upon this upper-class town. A weird bunch of people roamed these streets outfitted with all kinds of exotic enhancements. The two took a leisure walk through the town in the hope of gathering more information. Gehrman never taking his eyes off his surroundings was suddenly pulled towards Doni. Kissing the lone hunter, so they'd not stand out in the open and could listen into a nearby conversation. Gehrman's initial reaction was one of confusion and hesitance, nearly pushing her away. That was until he'd overhear the guard talking. Only at this point would he understand her intentions. Or at least that's what he figured. Nevertheless, the conversation happened and Gehrman listened in with quite the interest.

It'd seem one of the surgeon beasts was at the entrance floor. Where the hunter had defeated several guards his opposition there had attracted quite the attention, or so it'd seem. Trying to scramble and gather themselves, they sought to increase security at the outer gate. But so far they were one step behind Gehrman and Doni. Pete had already been defeated behind the gate, left to die or unless they could get to him in time. A miniscule chance, the hunter thought to himself.

The final bastion had been revealed to the hunter and Doni. The clock tower itself. Instinctively Gehrman would look up trying to search for this tower and by luck or perhaps called upon it'd make its trademark sound. It'd take some time until the Beasts would gather for Jigra to defend him. And while he didn't have to move immediately, the Hunter still had a small time limit. With a quick scan, Gehrman would observe the palace and its structure. He'd try to look for a position where no one would be able to view him. A blind spot or where someone would disregard him for the feat would be too superhuman to pull off.

His reasoning was to simply jump up and towards one of the higher floors. Not directly towards the top floor but perhaps a floor or two below it. They had to move in quickly and without too much attention. He figured the top floor would be under the most amount of scrutiny right now. If he found such a spot to jump from. Either from the ground or by jumping from another 'nearby' forgotten structure to the palace. Gehrman would prepare himself accordingly. "Steel yourself. And try not to scream too much." Gehrman would say as he'd grab Doni quickly and unsuspected. His strength allowing him to pull this feat easily and his size (3 meters), made for ample size to move around. The Hunter was large and intimidating if she actually observed him. Doni was the first since his training that'd dare speak to the man, despite his aura that frightened many men and women. If all went according to plan, Gehrman would go through with his. If not, he'd search for a plan B, perhaps there was some sort of secret entrance he could use.

Lords and kings all have them. Emergency routes to escape assassination. It was one of the main reasons he went for the stealth approach. Couldn't have the man running away now. Not when they were so close.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Clockwork Island #17

After the rough entry and mystery, Gehrman was due for some luck. His work in the desolate city below and his entry to the city above caused major concern. The Four Surgeons were called to converge. They did not know that one had already fallen. Another was out of the island. Still, the Clock was the final stand. The final lore.

Doni kissed Gehrman. While initially for reconnaissance, the hunter would find she did not let go. The woman lingered, her stomach swooning and her heart racing. He would have to pull her off of him. Not only was she not afraid of him, her jagged face turned rosy red, blushing after the kiss.

[Doni] “I-I-I’m sorry. L-l-let’s continue.”

Gehrman waited for an opening. He jumped towards the building from the back, likely the easiest way to reach the top. The hunter, Doni in hand, would make themselves to the floor below the large room with the clock. They went in an open garrison and into a small supplies room filled with medical supplies. Doni would surmise this is the supply room for the experiments. She’d grab a scalpel as a weapon.

Time passed until commotion came outside; the Surgeon Beasts has arrived.

Doni cracked the door open so they could see their options. Three ways into the Clock Room. One was the stairs leading to the room. There were at least 10 guards with weapons. Two was a dumbwaiter, a small elevator shaft used to bring medial supplies up to the Clock Room. However, it could only fit one person, squeezed in. Three was straight up through the ceiling, for right above them voiced murmured.

[Dim “The Hammer”] “We have not heard from Pete. Could something have happened to him? After all the enhancements of wolf I made on him?”

["Bubblegum" Kubrick] “The perimeter is set-up. There is no way to gain entry without an amulet or through our guards. We shall send a search party once we gain a hold of the situation.”
Voices came from upstairs. These were different than before. They discussed the situation and tightened security. They were trying to protect Jigra and spread their security to find the mole.

[Alex “The Blade”] “Jibra-sama. You are the only one Big Mom Pirates trust. Without you as a liaison, they’d sooner kill us! Don’t worry, we’ll protect you!”
[Jibra] “You better! Or your body is what I’ll wear next!”

Jibra responded. The players had converged. The final curtain was at hand. How would Gehrman approach? Could he really defeat four men?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Odd. That was what Gehrman thought to himself after the awkward exchange between him and Doni. A by-product of his assassin like training. Emotions were strictly forbidden as they'd interfere with the contracts. However, Gehrman was a special case. One of the few who managed to hang onto a sliver of humanity. It was faint but oh so present. Normally, the dream would've executed him after his final exam. But somehow or someone rather. Allowed the Hunter to live. But for what reason? Gehrman quickly tossed out the nativity that someone had allowed him to live out of the kindness of their heart. There had to be something, a goal, in the end. It was this thinking that'd make him question Doni's choices.

It was the sad reality of Hunters within the dream. Trust issues.

The Hunter would snap out of his internal pondering, forcing him to look around. He was now in some sort of supply room. Medical equipment was everywhere, the Hunter immediately recognized the various tools. For he sporadically used them as well. He was more of a combat doctor than an actual surgeon. It was more to patch himself up than others. He'd look at Doni as she armed herself with a scalpel, a deadly weapon with the right wielder. A sudden conversation would commence above them, with a look to the ceiling Gherman would listen in.

The beast Surgeons had finally gathered and were engaged in some sort of meeting. Gherman would raise an eyebrow upon hearing that his contract was involved with Big Mom Pirates. The man would forcefully exhale through his nose. Like a bull or an animal that was annoyed with something. It complicated a few things, but that was mostly for his superiors to deal with. The Hunter would move over towards Doni as he searched for something durable. Like a piece of cloth or more preferably leather. It's purpose so that he could increase the range of his Tonitrus. To transform his morning star into an actual flail he could spin around. Leather would prevent it from ripping. But cloth would do if there was no alternative. Gehrman would begin to explain in whispers.

"From here on out. It's do or die. Are you still willing to go through with this? I am not a superhero, and we're severely outnumbered. But if you still have conviction. I have a plan."

Gehrman said towards Doni, the plan would work with or without her. But its success rate would increase significantly.

"You take the dumb waiter up towards the clock room and try to distract them. Dip your scalpel in this before you go onto the offensive. Take care with it. It's a toxin." Gehrman said as he'd give Doni one of his two vials of dead man poison. An incredible token of his trust. Or perhaps the seed of doubt still ran in his mind. But there was no other choice if this plan were to work.

"I need at least two of them to move away from the others. Once you've successfully drawn them out, I'll strike quickly."

Gehrman afterwards would douse his Tonitrus with his final vial of deadman poison. Holding the leather or cloth strap with his right, his left would wield his trusty saw cleaver. The Hunter would aim to blast through the ceiling once Doni had gathered their attention. If she'd see through his plan, she'd deduce that the flail was adjusted, so he could hit multiple targets at once. Striking and poisoning, hopefully, several members of the beast surgeons in one quick hit. It all hinged on Doni's ability to distract.

Gehrman would eye Doni as she entered the elevator and spoke with a whisper and perhaps inaudible by the woman.

"Godspeed."

Top Bottom