Powers & Abilities Doffy was held back in dressrossa fight

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The recent sbs statement about Doffy being strongest ally for kaido should change people's opinion at least now.

Doffy hype was real and people put him in cracker level even oda in recent put doffy as strongest alliance partner for kaido if he joined wano war.

Discuss !!

@Critical Mindset

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The only thing that is dubious to me is how? How he was nerfed when everything went according to plan until Luffy and Law crashed in?
I agree he has more potential and maybe the chaos/Bird Cage was restricting him, but it's hard to imagine what more could be to expect.
He already had the tenacity of a real monster, even going all out attacks until the bitter end like the likes of Katakuri and Luffy.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The only thing that is dubious to me is how? How he was nerfed when everything went according to plan until Luffy and Law crashed in?
I agree he has more potential and maybe the chaos/Bird Cage was restricting him, but it's hard to imagine what more could be to expect.
He already had the tenacity of a real monster, even going all out attacks until the bitter end like the likes of Katakuri and Luffy.
He was beaten up by Gear 4 luffy easily thats why i think he was nerfed.

Reactions: Rej

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
He was beaten up by Gear 4 luffy easily thats why i think he was nerfed.
ooooo, well Luffy had less struggle with Doflamingo, but Doflamingo also was damaged by Law, also let's not forget that real nerf was on Luffy.
It's hard to say, but both were nerfed and thus I think it doesn't matter, it was a good fight where everyone had their great moments!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The recent sbs statement about Doffy being strongest ally for kaido should change people's opinion at least now.

Doffy hype was real and people put him in cracker level even oda in recent put doffy as strongest alliance partner for kaido if he joined wano war.

Discuss !!

@Critical Mindset
Doffy wasn't nerfed and as matter of fact he's incredibly strong. I don't know why do people downplay Doflamingo?

Doffy was frozen by Aokiji and later clashed with Fujitora, he then fought against Law and defeated him. Then Doffy was fighting against Law again, while at the same time he was controlling half of Dressrosa (which takes a lot of energy) and using the bird's cage. Doffy was also controlling Bellamy against Luffy while at the same time fighting against Law. After all of that Doffy withstood gear 4th until Luffy ran out of haki and fought against hundreds of qolizium fighters and pairets while Luffy was resting and gaining his power back.

Doffy might not have strong haki but he has awakening, powerful DF, and high level of durability. Doffy is very strong and even now I'm not 100% sure that Luffy would be able to defeat him in 1v1 battle if Doffy started fresh.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Don't know, seems like a stretch. Yes, Doflamingo was the card "joker" but that doesn't mean he is stronger than the other three calamities. Joker is more of a wild card with special rulings, so I wouldn't leap from that to more than it is. Doffy is the strongest ally of Kaido before his imprisonment. His own crew are not "allies" but his "crew", like the Orochi's samurai are Kaido's allies. The way I read the SBS is that Doffy should be there in Wano as a major enemy before Kaido or as 1 more ally to the Beast Pirates. I guess Oda didn't want to take Doffy a side role and he deserved to be the main antagonist of at least 1 arc.

Reactions: Rej

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
:chuu:
we'll be watching this thread... if it gets too crazy we'll be locking it.
so stay civil, don't go all wild, and don't get too far off topic.

ps- if any post gets reported then thread will automatically get locked. (Y'all know what kind of reporting i mean...)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oda clearly had different plans for Doflamingo. Rereading Punk Hazard makes this even more clear
Yep it has to be i think oda changed it to big mom and kaido alliance due to rocks past to think he had plans for doflamingo in wano tells you he changed things last minute.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Discuss !!

@Critical Mindset
In the original setting. Oda changed that plan and put him in cracker level

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
In the original setting. Oda changed that plan and put him in cracker level
Ya this also gives me off how commander are so powerful in big mom 's storyline.

It only makes sense Oda extend and gave hype to commander. Remember the famous shichibukai + Marine = 4 yonkos . This no longer applies with intro of kata, king and the rest.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Bruh, there is a little.a validation as to why people downplayed Doffy. Certainly he is truly a monstrous Warlord but not on par a Yonko. I could always put him above YC1 if not equal.

Kata was fought by Luffy alone. And tho, it seemed fashioned so that the latter could learn FS, he didn't really had his help aside from running away through mirrors, Kata dragging the fight, and Kata injuring himself.

Fighting against Doffy was badass if only Luffy was the only who clashed against him but the way I see it? It was like Kaido vs them. Multiple players mingled in that battle and Doffy was pushed to his limits. I don't think it was even a fair fight. He was mobbed.

Doffy still has a lot of potential just like Eneru. And eventhough Oda is unlikely to bring him back to clash with the SHP again, at least, his character is still being brought to panels and deliver words of wisdom that has impact in the story.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
When I said Doffy > Cracker people always tell me im insane. I knew this the moment Cracker went down with one good attack from Luffy. I don't care how many hours it took, there was no way Doffy would have gotten taken out with one good attack. However the fandom doesn't see this basic fact and put the yonko and their commanders on pedestal. Really annoying, especially since Oda is holding everyone back because he wants to conceal Luffy's power for later fights. Both Doffy and Luffy were nerfed heavily in that fight. I mean Doffy awakened his DF and was deadly at range and up close. A versatile DF that instantly heals any internal damage. I'm surprise people still bring up that Law gamma knife nonsense. That did zero damage to Doffy, he said so himself it was a useless attack. Law's attack was powerful but it's like Big Mom who is a yonko throwing thunder on Luffy, ain't going do shit.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I believe most of warlords are above cracker and not just doflamingo. Also I don't believe he was nerf I just think luffy and law were too much to handle by himself even with trebol there which is why he had both luffy and law separated. Law could have easily taken out trebol if it wasn't for doflamingo.
[automerge]1657991847[/automerge]
When I said Doffy > Cracker people always tell me im insane. I knew this the moment Cracker went down with one good attack from Luffy. I don't care how many hours it took, there was no way Doffy would have gotten taken out with one good attack. However the fandom doesn't see this basic fact and put the yonko and their commanders on pedestal. Really annoying, especially since Oda is holding everyone back because he wants to conceal Luffy's power for later fights. Both Doffy and Luffy were nerfed heavily in that fight. I mean Doffy awakened his DF and was deadly at range and up close. A versatile DF that instantly heals any internal damage. I'm surprise people still bring up that Law gamma knife nonsense. That did zero damage to Doffy, he said so himself it was a useless attack. Law's attack was powerful but it's like Big Mom who is a yonko throwing thunder on Luffy, ain't going do shit.
Hey is fallen prince in this forum?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Luffy never really beats anyone solo. That should speak to how strong doffy was, even if people like to downplay him because they didnt like dressrosa.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Luffy never really beats anyone solo. That should speak to how strong doffy was, even if people like to downplay him because they didnt like dressrosa.
Its not like doffy fought luffy and law alone either

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Its not like doffy fought luffy and law alone either
I guess you can say that, but did doffy's crew rough up luffy to the point that he was half way exhausted? Did any of doffy's crew severely injure him in the same way law did, in order to truly count as being on his team? that's why I don't count them, they were just roadblocks vs luffy who was much higher than them already.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I guess you can say that, but did doffy's crew rough up luffy to the point that he was half way exhausted? Did any of doffy's crew severely injure him in the same way law did, in order to truly count as being on his team? that's why I don't count them, they were just roadblocks vs luffy who was much higher than them already.
Law was taken out before Trebol. At no point did Law and Luffy have a numbers advantage.

Top Bottom