Duel Falling Tragedy

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Nero and Ross decide to held separate searches after not finding anything inside the library. Walking through the second floor of the mansion Nero's nerves tingled with more curiosity about this place. This was certainly a place filled with a lot of mystery. For a minute Nero stood there with the keeper's diary in his hand thinking if there was one report there might be others, so he had to look round this house in search of them.

Nero look back at the diary in his hand, he could not help but read the diary to get the bottom of this curious case

Day 14

Thirteen days have past since starting this research. Today, after research I decided to take care of a new subject who we injected with those herbs. After getting inject the dog look more fierce and big in size. According to research, we needed to feed those two dogs live food. When I hm in a pig, the dogs were playing with it... tearing off the pig's legs and pulling out the guts before they actually ate it.

Around 5 o'clock this morning, my fellow researcher came in and woke me up suddenly. He was wearing a protective suit. He told me to put one on as well. I heard there was an accident in the basement lab. So we spend the entire night in the lab trying to solve the issue.
Day 16

I've been wearing this annoying suit since yesterday, my skin grows musty and feels very itchy. By way of observing, I didn't feed those dogs today. Now I feel better. I went to the medical room because my back is all swollen and feels itchy. They put a big bandage on my back and I did not need to wear the suit anymore. I guess I can sleep well tonight.
Day 17

When I woke up this morning, I found another blister on my foot. It was annoying and I ended up dragging my foot as I went to the dog's pen. They have been quiet since morning, which is very unusual. I found that one of them had escaped. How could I be so careless? I instantly told my team about that.
Day 18

I heard a researcher who tried to find the dog outside the mansion was killed by that dog. We knew that small errors in our research will be going to prove fatal for us. There are only three people that know the secret of this mansion underground lab, my two fellow researchers and myself. If dogs killed us, then the research will always be present in this lab.

Also, the entire body feels burning and itchy at night. When I was scratching the swelling on my arms, a lump of rotten flesh dropped off. Something happening to me and if I have guessed right it's a side effect of this drug we're making.
Day 20

twenty days of the research, we still unable to locate the missing dog. I haven't given anything to eat or drink to the other dog for the past few days. After having a long talk with my fellow researcher we have decided to dispose of the remaining dog before it proves to be dangerous to keep that dog alive.
"Huh?" After flipping the next page, Nero blinked questioningly a few times. In this entry, it was written poorly, missing some characters and punctuation.

It should be safe to assume that the researcher was indeed writing down this impatiently ' However, despite the efforts, there was a mistake in the research that leads to this point.

Wait a minute. How would it be possible to skip the details? To commit such a mistake, there have to be notes of this entire research. That could just be the simple answer to the problem. "Come to think of it Diary mentioned underground lab... wait, I gotta find the lab!"

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Ross was looking at some strange formations magnified by a microscope which laid on the countertop of the laboratory. It was an irregular grey shape dotted with red speckles. Ross pulled out the slide from the microscope. It was labelled as "Tsd - 1h". Ross found a box containing several of such slides. She went through them hoping to find some explanation. There were numerous of those "Tsd" slides with changing numbers. Finally she found one which said "Tsd - wolfgang". She put the slide under the microscope and found herself looking at something spectacular. It felt as if she was looking at the galaxy. Strange mixture of colours with several of those dots. Amazed, she put down the slide and looked around.

Where do I find an explanation of this shit?

She was looking through the empty laboratory. It was her latest discovery which she had found under the carpet of the bedroom leading to the basement. Thanks to the spiders! The laboratory emitted a strong smell of chlorine and broken test tubes and flasks were strewn across the marbled floor. Ross was glad she was wearing her sturdy pumps to safeguard her skin from the glass. It was quite a big lab. There were several wide countertops. Under the countertops were rows of drawers which Ross started checking one by one. Some were filled with paper, some with strange equipment and some empty.

Ross skimmed through the papers she had found. They were like the ones she had previously found in the leatherbound folder. More diagrams and equations. Nothing much, until she came to a page titled "Wolfgang". Ross's jaw widened as she kept reading and especially when she saw a small picture of the dog they had just met outside pinned to the pages. Below the picture were scribbles describing it's height, weight and health conditions. In the bottom of the page there was a final sentence written in red ink.

"Wolfgang has been injected with TSD on 15th June ...."

The year was not clear as the ink was smudged. She turned the page excitedly to know what happened after the dog was injected with this strange TSD but the pages were torn!

But Ross was getting impatient. She had to know what was cooking here and she felt like she was very close to knowing the true meaning of TSD, Tipsteroids and Insomnia Project. Then something caught her eye! Why haven't I noticed this before! Making her way through the countertops she came in front of an enormous steel door with a huge wheel. There was a fingerprint scanner and a computer too. She tapped on several keys of the keyboard to see if there was any life left in the computer. It wouldn't power on. The fingerprint scanner would not work either.

There is only one way now. Hyper Metal Death Blow!

The user poses themselves as a baseball player and uses their brute force to deflect an incoming attack. Can be used to shatter a huge wall, a small bolder or a average sized human. Area of Effect and Range. (41 Mastery, 41 Strength) Destructive Potency Rank: C

A pile of rubble came flying. A huge crack had started to form.

I guess this is not enough. Hyper Metal Death Blow!

She performed the same attack on the same place. The opening widened until the wall was not strong enough to hold the steel door and everything came down with a huge crash. Mass amount of rubble lay heaped on the lab floor. Ross stepped to the side to make way for the huge door which crashed the nearly countertops and shelves. She couldn't wait for things to settle a bit before venturing into what lay behind the doors. Cold air came seeping out when the door was no more. The room became foggy and Ross found herself trembling in cold. Strong winter had overpowered the whole laboratory and Ross felt her knees shaking. The more she moved towards the door, the more she felt the sting. But it was necessary to move. Ross slowly made her way though the door and found herself in an empty hallway. On both sides of the hallway were shelves - multiple of them. The shelves were enclosed with a door and a small snob. Ross pulled a nearby knob.

It was empty!

Crestfallen, she moved on to the next one. It was naive of her to expect the suspense would end so quickly. The merciless room was treacherous as well and it made her mind go numb.

Come on.... come on.......

It was as if someone was pulling off a very dirty prank on her. She was definitely not amused. She felt irritated. Swearing under her breath she checked one shelf after another until she reached midway. There was a shelf with no knob. With the help of her nails and pinky finger she managed to pull it open even though touching such a cold surface made them go numb. Her efforts were rewarded as inside she found two test tubes. She pulled out her handkerchief to hold the test tubes and found they were filled half with some kind of transparent solution. As she took them out and held them in front of the light, the colour of the solution changed to green! She gave it another twirl and it turned red! Ross couldn't believe her eyes. One was labelled "Tipsteroids (TSD) - Day 5" and "Tipsteroids (TSD) - Day 25"

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Nero found himself going around restlessly from room to room, seeking for the underground lab which would not come. Yet not a single trace he could find about the underground lab. He couldn't help but shrug his shoulders.

Nero had this feeling about Ross that she's not someone he can put his trust in. he stopped for a while, and stare at the paintings that covered all the surrounding walls. "Why and how would I accept a task like searching for a lab in which existence is unclear so easily!!"

They were in the secret room of the late owner of this house, his secret lab. Those researchers had played the role of foolishness to gain what they wanted to just lost everything that had, and their very own life.

Nero approved of his newfound motivation and knew he was not trying his best. But if she looks at rooms that fast he probably wouldn't comprehend everything inside the rooms. Nero looked up at the ceiling and let out a long sigh

"A…anyway I need to search one by one" After struggling with himself for some time, he finally starts searching again as he holds the urge to complain.

When Nero looked around the mansion he realized this place was a dream-like yet elegant place but at this moment it was nothing more than an abandoned house that could not offer any more comfort. Even though he knew no bad things would happen, he was still surprised by the effect of that drug and the result of that research.

If something like that went outside, what could happen? The thought alone itself was terrifying.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Ross found herself in a huge predicament. Having found the TSD, she was standing numb in the cold hallway of the forgotten laboratory. The test tubes were resting in her hand while she was trying to use the last vestiges of her energy to find a carrier flask. The cold was winning the battle. With no coat, Ross's body was hardly responding to her and her vision was getting blurry. She dragged herself tenderly to rummage the last remains of the shelves in the hope of finding a container which she could use to carry these samples to the outside world. It had dawned on her that there must be a reason why they have made such an extremely cold chamber to store these in the first place. She tapped on the nearby shelf with her free hand and pulled open the knob. A jet of cold air gushed out to her face. She put her arm inside to check if it contained anything. Her arm felt something. Without seeing she took out what she had touched revealing a couple of big size syringes.

As Ross stared weakly at the thing, a drastic idea hit her head. What if she injected herself with the contents of the test tube? Then all she had to do was to present herself for research. She would not have the trouble of finding a cold storage or preserving them.

Would she do it? Her brain was going numb from the excessive cold. She couldn't feel her nerves anymore. It felt like she was a block of ice.

"No." A voice told her in her head. "Find something else to store the sample". The voice was magnified "YOU HEARRRRR?"

It was as if she was shaken awake with a violent stir. She was painfully brought to her senses.

She must find something else. Without wasting anymore time, she trudged towards the remaining shelves. One by one she checked them. The smiling face of a very known man flashed in her head. It was like a source of light.

"What say, kid. Should I stick here with you a bit longer?"

She blew her nose which was blocked due to the cold. Her eyes were too cold for any secretion and her cheeks were too frozen for any colour change. The bright smiling face of the man stayed with her while she searched.

Her arm touched something again. Taking the thing out, she found out that it was an oval container. The lid was screwed shut and the body was metallic. It was compact in size to fit someone's pocket. She emptied the contents of the tubes inside the container and shut it carefully to ensure there was no passage for air. She put the container in her pocket and started to move towards the broken steel door.

The bright smiling face was now brimming with confidence. She knew that look very well. "You did good, Rose..."

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Having searched for quite a time before finally coming across a hidden door under the carpet. Nero sensed his body temperature was rising. This entire place filled with horror and anxiety… Desperation was generated from the uncertainty of tomorrow, which also made the place even colder. Only inside the room was it like a different world. Contrary to the norm, the gloomy room had a strange temperature.

Nero was holding onto the deep in thought while staring at the underground lab. This single door seems to be the only exit and entrance of this lab. But right now, it was destroyed, and Nero very much doubted it was Ross who did it.

A late grumble escaped from Nero's mouth. "How did I get in this mess?"

He was looking around the room before going inside the underground lab to see there was something else, after looking around the room Nero gave long sigh when he did not find anything worth it, it was like the lab is the only meaningful place for the sources of information, Nero stares at the broken door of the lab, he appeared to be annoyed at the light way and with some little coldness on both sides.

"She beat me to do it." Nero couldn't help it and started laughing.

"My head hurts." The temperature in this room colder than in the entire house, it was penetrating Nero's bones. Nero finally decides to go inside the broken door that going to lead him inside the lab. Immediately as Nero come close to the underground entrance lab door and the sound of her footsteps resounded.

"Is that Ross?" Within all that chaos, there was a rhythmic sound of approaching footsteps. "Is that sound of Ross's footsteps?"

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"Is that Ross?"
For a moment Ross thought it was a voice from her head. The nasty cold was playing tricks with her mind.

"Is that sound of Ross's footsteps?"
Hearing the same voice for the second time she was sure it was not from her head. It was Nero's.
She continued walking as much as her frozen muscles would allow and tried to sight Nero as much as her blurry vision would allow. As she reached closer to the underground entrance, the figure of a familiar man appeared in front of her.

She continued walking until she was beside him.

She let out a sigh and tried to form words out of her mouth. "Cold..... Very Cold....."

Having reached the entrance where the temperature was not that cold as the center of the room, her body rejoiced a bit. But it was still groaning for some warmth. Ross gestured to Nero to follow her.

Without waiting for his reply, she moved out of the room. She was in the underground laboratory. She paused to look back at Nero to check if he had caught his gesture.

She spoke up to make things clear. "The room... Come meet me in the .... room.. please"

If there was any hostility in Nero, it was still to reveal it's fangs at her. But with the container of the sample, safely nestled in the interior of her pockets she felt content. It was evident that Nero would be asking her questions and she would have to make some decisions. But the sample was for a good cause. The thought that she had the proof that she needed gave her strength.

She gasped for some fresh air. Before she knew she had climbed her way up to the bedroom through the broken door on the floor. Her body sensed it as soon as there was a change of surroundings and her nostrils flared as she breathe in the fresh air. The air was no longer dense. Her muscles were relaxing and her head was clearing.

She propped herself against the nearby wall and herself for what was about to come.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
She spoke up to make things clear. "The room... Come meet me in the .... room.. please"
Her voice was different from normal as well. That maybe because this place was colder. Indeed, he himself somewhat was shivering from the cold. So he had assumed following Ross to the room doesn't seems like a bad decision after all.

Nero in silenced followed behind her. Inside the room, she propped herself against the nearby wall, her expression was far more grave and serious than ever before. After a while of silence, Nero decided to cut the niceties and went straight to the point as he looked at Ross,

"Well...did you find something in the lab? Like some sort of clue or anything?" The answer to this question was already known to Nero. Still, it was true that things have developed to a point where talking his way to gain that would be bothersome. So he had no choice but to force Ross if she didn't tried to hide those research.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"Well...did you find something in the lab? Like some sort of clue or anything?"
As Ross had expected, she was hit with a barrage of questions. She was not certain the extent of truth that she should reveal to this young man.
Ross looked at his purposive face which would not take no for an answer.

Ultimately Ross reached a decision. She had decided to test the man's patience. She thought of answering his questions with her's and in time get an idea about the secret of his curiousness.

"Why do you think I will find anything? Did you know there was something hidden there?"

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"Why do you think I will find anything? Did you know there was something hidden there?"
Truth be told, this felt like an anticlimax for Nero, he was not surprised by her reply as he thought he would be. As he was feeling quite satisfied with her reply, he was kind of expecting her to answer his questions. Nero smirk, I should have expected nothing less from her.

Feeling neither angry nor indignant, he refuted her answer in an incredibly calm way, "I'm no expert in detective fiction. So let's get right to the point. You are here specifically for this research, aren't you? You might as well confess. First, there's this information. Why do you know about all this? Shouldn't that information be classified? That alone makes your feign ignorance crumble. This research was part of your mission from the very start. So that was the reason no matter what, you wanted to get your hands on those samples before I could, isn't that right? To come right out and say it, you persuaded me in this house, giving enough information to let my interest peek, right? You told me that this town is weird or whatever, but you never gave me the entire information. Right now I can tell you this: Surely you're not doing this just because you want to do it, Ross. So what about one being self-conscious? So what about everyone who suffered here is a pain to watch? I don't think someone like me can be so sentimental about these things at all. I just merely wanted to understand this situation like you, that's all. "

Nero smiled. It was a different type of smile from before, more like a smirk.

He continued, "Nevertheless, with that serious personality of yours, you sure have been carrying quite some heavy responsibilities at this age. On top of not being able to say it out loud about your status might be the biggest reason you still haven't told me about it… "

"As you may already know it's common being confused in an overly complicated situation like that, but come on you don't need to be a genius to realize that you can't come out without any clues from the lab when the circumstances are to out of your hands. That's pretty much why I can tell you're trying to hide something from me."

"Now I realized as much as I wanted to trust you... I didn't" Yet he felt no satisfaction, and his words slowly became frantic. "You may be doing your job but I'm going to do my job so hand over the damn sample Ross!"

Nero didn't know who's right or who's wrong. It didn't really matter. He would do whatever he thinks is right according to him, that's all. So he draws his sword looking at Ross, ready to fight if that was the only possible outcome.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Ross listened to the young man as he let out the things bottled up inside of him. It was true that Ross had not disclosed the full information to him. There were two reasons behind it. It wasn't his business. If he was just a civilian then he should never be involved in this chaos. And secondly, fighting was not a feasible option before finding out what this house was hiding.

"You may be doing your job but I'm going to do my job so hand over the damn sample Ross!"
As Ross listened to the man's frantic words, she knew for certain that what lied in her pockets cannot be given out. No other city should turn into Insomnia. No other person should suffer from the drug's effects.This thought gave her some confidence as she slowly rose from her sitting position and unhooked the bat from her waist.

Holding the weapon in the right, she felt the muscles in her left by stiffening and unstiffening it to check if the effects of the cold were still there. Thankfully, they had wore off. The shivering right down to her bones had ceased. However she couldn't be sure until she moved.
She looked at Nero and said "Sample huh? Do you have any idea what is this sample you are asking for?" She paused and gave out a smirk ," And let's say, I handed you with the sample. What are you going to do with it? Hand it to the damn Marines?" As she uttered her last words, she turned irritated. What people would do for money! Everytime she would utter words like Marines and World Government her blood would boil.

She knew she was getting agitated but she also had Nero standing before her with his sword drawn. She couldn't walk away from there without a brawl.

She dashed at Nero at an incredible speed which is almost like a blur and appeared at his right side. Hovering slightly off the ground,she used her momentum to rotate the upper portion of the body towards her left, almost like a spring and released it to land a blow to his shoulder.
Level 55
55 x 5 = 275
Strength: 66+10=76
- 61-80: 4. Small Building Level
Speed:
51+25[+5]=81
81 * 2 = 162
-Reaction: 81
- 81-99 Massively Hypersonic Reactions
-Movement: 81
- 81-99 Massively Hypersonic Speed
Vitality:
51+10=61
61 * 2 = 122
-Durability:61
- 61-80: 4. City Block Level
-Stamina:61
- 61-80 Immense Stamina(Can do several big techniques or abilities)
Martial Arts:
46 * 2 = 92
-Brawler style – 71
-Hand to hand Combat - 21
Haki: 61
61 * 2 = 122
Armament haki – 81
- 81-99 Can coat full body with hardening. Can coat intangible attacks with, such as air slashes with hardening.
Observation haki – 41
- 1-100 Mastery: The user can sense anything within (Mastery x 2) meters of themselves when CoO is activated.

Metal Mania: The user spins the opposite side so as to increase their momentum and hits the body of the opponent with a shattering blow. Can be used while airborne (41 Mastery, 41 Strength) Destructive Potency Rank: B

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
She took aim at the right side of Nero and took a swing, but Nero lightly evaded it by leaning back slightly just enough to evade the attack. Nero dodged her strike with only a hair's breadth and safely landed back, a mocking grin etched on his face now. Cold sweat drops formed on the forehead of Nero. Our speeds are about the same!

On the other hand, he was happy about it that he doesn't need to hold back so he can avoid killing Ross. If he made an attack on her front, she would evade him with not much difficulty. But then, attacking other body parts instead of her front didn't look like he'd be able to put her down. It was at this point that yet another, and arguably he doesn't had much choice when his opponent strength is about the same.

The corners of Nero's lips arched up. "Handing over to marine? I do not understand." Said Nero suddenly, lowering his stance and raising sword atop his shoulder he then moderated his running speed to deliver a fast thrust with a forward Jump. The attack was coming from too close a distance and its speed was also fast though Nero had seen Ross speed so he knew very well that it won't be a problem for her to dodge this strike.

«Reaver» is a charge-type Sword Skill that delivers a single, fast thrust with a forward jump. The skill is activated by lowering one's stance and raising a one-handed curved sword atop one's shoulder.

(21 Mastery, 21 Strength and 21 Movement Speed) Destructive Potency Rank: C

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The muscles were acting up so Ross stood there as she watched Nero lower his stance and send a but speedy thrust of his sword towards her. She coated her torso with armament haki and let the attack hit her. The attack clashed with her body as if hit with a strong gust of wind but there was no pain or remorse coming along with it. Her hair flew backwards and she stood there motionless looking fiercely at the man standing in front of her.

"Handing over to marine? I do not understand."
"Feigning? Are we now?" Her words were cold. "You know about the TSD drug don't you?" She was stubborn. She knew Nero had idea about the importance of the drug. "So who has sent you on this mission?"

She waited for his answer. His answer would decide whether Ross should attack him again or not. But for her safety, she kept the armament haki protecting her upper body just in case.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
She with her armament haki managed to defend against Nero attack without fail. Her armament was probably strong enough to tank all Nero lower class attacks. Realistically speaking, it was impossible to put her down with this sort of attacks so he had to go with somewhat strong attacks. There was no other way he could think of other than that one. However, before Nero could do anything Ross opened her mouth, her voice was cold and clinical even Nero was surprised by the coldness of her voice.

"Feigning? Are we now?" Her words were cold. "You know about the TSD drug don't you?" She was stubborn. She knew Nero had idea about the importance of the drug. "So who has sent you on this mission?"
Nero was absorbed in her questions. He hadn't put down his guard by any means, however; It looks like she was implying that Nero works for some organization or for marine. While Nero didn't put it into words, he fully concurred with her analysis. She was correct in a way when he thought about he had absolutely no reason to be here in this mansion, and the only reason he was there because he was curious.

Nero gave a tired sigh. "Listen, I don't have the slightest idea about the drug besides the effect it gave to its user." Said he with a smile that was cold and jagged as though it were etched into obsidian. He continued "However, I work for no one."

Nero glanced at Ross and muttered "I really hoped it wouldn't end up like this. But to destroy the sample right here is my only option." It didn't matter what kind of abilities Nero possessed, they were pointless if he didn't want to kill his opponent. He then held his sword horizontally above his shoulder arm, Nero performs a circular swing to execute air compressed projectile spiraling towards Ross.

-Sanjuroku Pound Ho (三十六煩悩(ポンド)鳳 Sanjūroku Pondo Hō?, kanji meaning "Phoenix of the 36 Earthly Desires"; furigana meaning "Pound Phoenix/Cannon"): This attack uses the air itself to slash the target from a distance. To initiate it, the user first holds one of his swords horizontally above the shoulder of his sword arm, and then performs a circular swing that launches the air compressed projectile spiraling towards the target. (31 Mastery, 21 Strength) Destructive Potency Rank: C

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Ross dodges the spiraling air projectile coming towards her by moving to her left. The mass of compressed air moved on and on without finding a surface to fall onto until it crashed with the wall. The wall and the air clashed together to form a cloud of dust and when the dust settled, one could see a significant crack formed.

Ross understood that Nero was tight lipped and it would not be easy to extract the truth from him. However, instead of continuing the fight, it was better she prioritized to safeguard the sample which she had found.

She rotated her bat at an incredible speed to form a ball of compressed air and hurled it towards Nero. As if this was not enough she repeated the same process 3 more times and had a total of 4 air balls flying towards Nero.

Metal Mini bullets : The user spins their bat rapidly to create smaller sized compressed air balls(3-4) and hurls them towards the opponent. (41 mastery, 21 strength) Destructive Potency Rank: C

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
There was no way that she would have trust the word that Nero had said, he dashed backward before the enemy's attacks even began its attacking motion.

"…ha!" With a short shout, he swung the sword horizontally to block the Ross attacks and make a breakpoint. Then, he flung himself to the ground and rolled away. Immediately took his place and was ready to use his attack. Nero was thinking of not holding back the moment he knew that Ross will refuse to listen to him. So...they have no choice but to fight seriously right now.

He couldn't afford to make a mistake now. With his heart pounding against his chest, Nero gaze on Ross gleaming with a cold light as he dashes on her direction as he launches a massive flurry of strikes. The sheer speed of the slashes makes this technique difficult to counter.

Humans were far more liable to show certain habits when they were about to use a skill. Whether it was a charging or defending skill, so if Nero is correct then even if Ross didn't able to comprehend the speed of Nero attacks she would able to protect herself with armament haki.

«Ryūsōsen» A massive flurry of strikes delivered to the opponent. The sheer speed of the slashes makes this technique difficult to counter.

(71 strength, 71 mastery) Destructive Potency Rank: A

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
As her opponent was getting fiercer by the second, Ross had no other option but to play along. As Nero dashed towards her with not one, but a flurry of slashes, she knew her opponent was seriously fighting now. She had to fight back or else she would be immobilized in no time. Ross instinctively coated her body with armament haki and used her speed to disappear from her position. She moved around Nero, appearing and disappearing several times trying to find an opening to land her strike. She circled Nero like a ghost or apparition until she closed in on him targeting his left shoulder.

Metal Blitz : The user moves at incredibly high speed to dodge as well as launch an attack from multiple sides. (The movement is kinda like soru, but it’s used to avoid, confuse and attack at the same time)

(speed 61, Mastery 61) – +10 movement (2 turn cooldown)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Ross dodged the massive flurry of strikes with her speed. Calmly studying the opponent's light footwork, Nero measured the timing of her strike. Ross's speed is higher than normal. It's already too late for an ambush attack or an evasion the instant Ross targeted Nero left shoulder. Dodging will be hard when he had just executed an attack, this attack was considerably more dangerous than her previous attacks. The conclusion he reached concerning the enemy consisting he instantly coated his hand with armament hardening slightly turning and blocking her attack altogether

As he blocked the attack Nero jumped backward before she do another attack. Nero's last attack was dangerous than all his previous attacks. If she could dodge it all strikes, then it would make no difference even if he's gonna execute the same attack in the same condition.

Nero gave a lopsided grin as launched himself towards the Ross, hacking with superhuman speed and precision and consists of an upward slash from the right.

«Rage Spike» is a charge-type skill that allows the user to close a distance of about ten meters in nearly an instant and consists of an upward slash from the right. However, as it is a basic skill, it deals a very insignificant amount of damage. The skill is similar to «Sonic Leap», except that it has a larger range and its trajectory cannot be aimed towards the sky.

The skill can be activated by keeping the body low and bent forward while placing the sword in a parallel manner to the user's right leg and then drawing the sword back.

(31 Mastery, 21 Strength, 41 Movement speed) Destructive Potency Rank: C

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
As Ross had almost thought that she had finally landed a hit, she was disappointed as Nero had surprised her again. Nero had instructively coated his arm with haki. What more, he disappeared from his position! Ross was shocked. Her body was pulsating from excitement. Nero was surprising her repeatedly with his fighting skills. This time he had vanished and then she could see him moving towards her at an incredible speed sporting a grin.

It was hard to avoid this attack. Should she dodge? Should she use haki? She was lost for a second.

Should I coat my bat with haki and hit the slash?

Making up her mind she coated her bat with armament as the silvery color was replaced with pitch black with a hint of red and used it to deflect the incoming slash. She waited for both the attacks to clash while being fully awake and ready for the next attack, if Nero chooses to retaliate.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Making up her mind she coated her bat with armament as the silvery color was replaced with pitch black with a hint of red and used it to deflect the incoming slash. She waited for both the attacks to clash while being fully awake and ready for the next attack, if Nero chooses to retaliate.
Ross swung her massive bat toward Nero to counter his sword. The clash scattered sparks across the room. Both weapons connected with speed, not letting up or allowing the other to approach its wielder. They were so perfectly matched that the skirmish looked more than a battle to the death. The two fighters were equally matched. Something would have to tip the balance to one side eventually. Just one-on-one combat between the two would be enough to ruin an entire house.

"You tell me." Nero sneered, but he clutched his sword for reassurance. His breathing and heart rate were rising, Just holding his sword seemed to sap his strength, and every breath unleashed a new wave of fire into his lungs. Nero chose that moment to talk rather than continuing the skirmish. "Why would you draw such a conclusion I work for someone? Why do you not understand I am trying to crush the very research right here!"

Without even the time to consider what it was, he, too, had become involved with it. So Nero had no choice but to get to the conclusion of destroying this entire lab along with all research and for that he cannot allow Ross to take those samples. However, Nero was unafraid of this threat so-called Ross in his way and he will be deadly serious at any moment.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
As Ross's weapon clashed with Nero's which sent sparks flying all across the room, the intensity of the battle was putting both fighters on the edge. They were both excited and breathing hard. Ross braced herself for Nero's retaliation, but instaed she heard him talk. Feeling that this could be a trap she kept herself alert and positioned herself defensively as Nero said
"Why would you draw such a conclusion I work for someone? Why do you not understand I am trying to crush the very research right here!"
Ross was amazed that anyone could believe that outrageous lie.
She sneered at him" A strong person like you just happened to wander off in this Insomnia town. Are you on a vacation? Even if you did, you just happened to come across the very mansion which contains the secret to the city's sins." She paused and caught her breath. " Even a child can see through that kind of a lie, my friend" She emphasized on the last part so much that it was reeking with sarcasm. She waited for Nero to answer her back.

Top Bottom