News Final Arc or Final Saga?

Arc or Saga?

• Total voters

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

We all know about the recent WSJ reveal about One Piece heading to it's final arc.
I wonder if it will be really a final arc as a saga can also be interpretated as an "overlaying arc".

What do you guys think? Will the final arc be an "arc" or will we enter a new "saga", the final saga?

I think a whole arc as we know won't fit.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I am certain that we are yet to see more arcs incorporated within the final saga. 4 emperors saga is yet to conclude so it's safe to assume that it is going to be the final saga but there should be at least several arcs to write its finale like, Shanks and his crew, his relationship with Imu, how he got his fucking scar, etc. And then there's BB who we know would be the final nemesis. A story that revolves around his true lineage, abnormal body, etc.

Furthermore, we are still heading to the climax of Kaido's arc and it's gonna take a year to finalize this, not to mention that BM is there, too so to wrap it up so easily is not really that easy.

In between those arcs, there should be at least some revelation on the story of Mihawk, Crocodile's identity, the origin of DF, the collection of stones, information about the ancient weapons and kingdoms, fall of the WG, etc.
[automerge]1598288457[/automerge]
I am certain that we are yet to see more arcs incorporated within the final saga. 4 emperors saga is yet to conclude so it's safe to assume that it is going to be the final saga but there should be at least several arcs to write its finale like, Shanks and his crew, his relationship with Imu, how he got his fucking scar, etc. And then there's BB who we know would be the final nemesis. A story that revolves around his true lineage, abnormal body, etc.

Furthermore, we are still heading to the climax of Kaido's arc and it's gonna take a year to finalize this, not to mention that BM is there, too so to wrap it up so easily is not really that easy.

In between those arcs, there should be at least some revelation on the story of Mihawk, Crocodile's identity, the origin of DF, the collection of stones, information about the ancient weapons and kingdoms, fall of the WG, etc.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Here is my Analysis for how One Piece will wrap-up:

Well the way i see it, SHs have 2 Road Poneglyphs & gonna get the third one Now
So logically once they locate the Fourth One, all others have to do is also go there since with Luffy going there, all Four will be up for the taking
So we have the Idea that can trigger Final War (Road Poneglyphs / One Piece)

Now we need a Location, there is only one where all Major Players could clash & it's obviously Marine HQ/Red Line/Mariejois, it's the perfect place for Final War & all Manga was building up to this. If that's the case then this means Fourth Road Poneglyph is there

What could have taken Road Poneglyph from Fishmen Island to Mariejois? Let's check what we know so far:

1. Only ones who were shown to find Road Poneglyph on Fishmen Island are Roger Pirates
2. Fishmen don't seem worried about it's disappearance suggesting someone they trust took it
3. It's most probably in Mariejois & made WG have good Relation with whoever took it

There is only One Character who fits all this, it's none other than Red-Hair Shanks, he is the one who knew about it, could have been allowed to take it by Fishmen & then he gave it to WG explaining why they are on Good Terms with him

Now why would Shanks do that? First of all, it allows him to stay in touch with WG since from their perspective they guaranteed no one can find One Piece, but that's exactly what Shanks wants, he wants that the next Pirate King cannot find One Piece unless he defeats WG forcing him to amass an Army. This way Shanks makes sure no one Unworthy Finds One Piece, no one who is not willing to fight WG will find it & no one finds it and be unable to use it similar to Roger due to lack of Power

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how are Straw Hats gonna learn about Location of Fourth Road Poneglyph? It's also simple, we already said that Shanks is the one who hid it & he is the one who inspired Luffy to start his Journey, what did he ask from him to do? Reach his Level
So it makes sense that when Luffy proves himself, Shanks is gonna face him & reveal where Final Poneglyph is at.
Defeating Kaido is more than enough to prove Luffy & his Crew's Worth & he finally deserves to meet Shanks again.
However Shanks won't fight him just yet, he will challenge him to prepare for Final War at Marjorie & see who claims Pirate King Title

Such a War will be known to whole World ofc, with the prize being One Piece itself.
All Marines are already there, WG & Cipher-Pol are there, Revos will obviously attack, Hancock is the Damsel in Distress this time
Crocodile will definitely join this War as a Wild Card again, BB too & as i already said Red-Hair Pirates & SHs
(Depending on how Wano ends and it doesn't matter whether Alliance lose or not, Kaido or/and BM will join this War too
(I lean more towards BM since i don't see the need for defeating her this Arc & her Children don't like this Alliance with Kaido anyway, so they will just abandon Kaido at the end & leave)

Bonney & Kuma are already in Mariejoie, X-Drake is a Marine, Law will either continue with Luffy or fight for himself, Kid definitely wants to participate & rest of Supernova .... etc
Weevil wants to fight BB & Luffy so he will be there, Mihawk will be interested too i guess since he is Bored & everyone that ever interested him is there (Shanks, Zoro, Luffy)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHs always arrive late during Big Wars, this Final one is no Exception
What can delay them? There is one Island they still need to go to & that's Elbaf
I doubt there will be any Villain there because if Yonko aren't endangering that Island, no one can
It will be short Arc with a single outcome, add Giants to their roster of Allies
The whole story have been building up to this SHs/Giants Alliance (Little Garden, Enies Lobby, Dressrosa, WCI ... etc)

How are they gonna bring all this Alliance when they arrive to Mariejois? What's the biggest way to arrive they haven't used yet?
It's none other than Pluton that Franky can build

Oda will also add Lodestar Island somehow (Maybe that's where Luffy & Shanks meet)
And then we have everything ready for Final War

Luffy becoming Pirate King surpassing everyone present there, Zoro defeating Mihawk there for everyone to witness, Supernova prove themselves, especially Kid, Franky builds Pluton & arrives with it, Usopp will command an Army of 8000 & lead the Giants as a Brave Warrior, they will destroy the Red Line, Yonko & WG system is over, corrupt Marines are defeated & the worthy ones remain, Brook reunites with Laboon exactly there, Sanji finds All blues at same Spot ... etc

It's literally the place where Final Arc could happen & everyone fulfill their Dreams & everyone appears

So IMO right after Wano, Final Arc officially begins (Meeting with Shanks --- Recruiting Giants from Elbaf --- Fighting in Mariejois --- Fulfilling all Dreams) and Zou + WCI + Wano + this Final Arc = Final Saga which Oda called Yonko Saga back when Dressrosa Arc ended

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think there's a World Government saga after this where Reverie events are fully discussed and all chaos breaks free

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think the "vs 4 emperor"-saga will conclude the story of the 4 emperor.
-> Shanks and Teach will also appear in Wano and also the whole Rocks Plot will be concluded with this.

-> My guess for final saga will then be Elbaf -> Laugh Tale and either Strawhats moving to Mary Geoise afterwards or WG attacking Laugh Tale.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think onigashima will be stepping stone to final arc , i feel alliance on whole will get defeated and kaido will head to WG for final war preparation .

I am certain Elbaf will be the final place for war because i strongly feel WWhitebeard made a deal with fishman to shift the pneglyph to more secure region like elbaf (Pretty sure no one dares t go there ) .

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I am certain Elbaf will be the final place for war because i strongly feel WWhitebeard made a deal with fishman to shift the pneglyph to more secure region like elbaf (Pretty sure no one dares t go there ) .
About Poneglyphs I think
  • Fishman Island -> Sphinx Island (by WB to protect FI)
  • Elbaf -> WCI (engagement gift from Loki)
  • Zou and Elbaf original places
Thats why I think Marco will hand over a copy of the final RP at the end of Wano Arc.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
About Poneglyphs I think
  • Fishman Island -> Sphinx Island (by WB to protect FI)
  • Elbaf -> WCI (engagement gift from Loki)
  • Zou and Elbaf original places
Thats why I think Marco will hand over a copy of the final RP at the end of Wano Arc.
Whatever it is i dont think SHP will have easy journey from here . Yonko will definately find out Luffy and co are after poneglyphs .

I am pretty sure big mom and kaido figured out luffy's intention or perhaps blackbeard .

What happens if World govt finds out luffy already had 2 with him . Oda will never make it easy for Straw hat pirate to get the final one !

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Considering Wano will atleast take another Year time, the SHs will still need 1 more road poneglyph which they imo will get from Shanks. Thus there should be a Shanks arc where we find out about him and mihawk. The reveal of the new admiral has yet to come. Elbaf arc has also yet to come. With 4 road poneglyphs the SHs have to find their way to the last island. Before or at the very location they have to fight blackbeard.
And theres also the final war with Luffys alliance vs the world government.
So all of this will be done in the next arc after Wano?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I don't think we are in the final Saga of the story. I mean it's called the 4 Emperors Saga which implies that the Strawhats will meet all 4 and they've only met 2 so far. Yet this Saga is the longest by far. Unless Shanks and Blackbeard show up in Wano this isn't the last Saga. We most likely will only have one Saga left though. The 1st saga in the Story is 100 Chapters long and I expect the last Saga to have 100 chapters.

Now I don't know where this last Road Ponoglyph is but that will dictate how the rest of the story will go. There are a few strange things that seem unresolved. The biggest of these is the Imu-Blackbeard problem. Unless they're working together for some reason each are being set up as the final antagonist. At this time it can go either way. There is a possibility that Dragon and the Revolutionary's fate will be settling up with Imu and the WG independently of the Yonko and Strawhats. If that's the case then the final battle with Luffy and Blackbeard will occur simultaneously, and at entirely different locations, with the Revolutionary's battle with Imu and the WG. But as of yet it's not looking like that.

Also another unresolved item is that the Strawhats have never sailed to the other 3 main seas or other substantial Sky Islands, and yet Oda is a person who loves showing off his world. It's like why would you only show off 1/3rd of your world? Could he be setting up spin off series for other manga artists to continue?

Oh well... we will find out eventually.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I don't think we are in the final Saga of the story. I mean it's called the 4 Emperors Saga which implies that the Strawhats will meet all 4 and they've only met 2 so far. Yet this Saga is the longest by far. Unless Shanks and Blackbeard show up in Wano this isn't the last Saga. We most likely will only have one Saga left though. The 1st saga in the Story is 100 Chapters long and I expect the last Saga to have 100 chapters.

Now I don't know where this last Road Ponoglyph is but that will dictate how the rest of the story will go. There are a few strange things that seem unresolved. The biggest of these is the Imu-Blackbeard problem. Unless they're working together for some reason each are being set up as the final antagonist. At this time it can go either way. There is a possibility that Dragon and the Revolutionary's fate will be settling up with Imu and the WG independently of the Yonko and Strawhats. If that's the case then the final battle with Luffy and Blackbeard will occur simultaneously, and at entirely different locations, with the Revolutionary's battle with Imu and the WG. But as of yet it's not looking like that.

Also another unresolved item is that the Strawhats have never sailed to the other 3 main seas or other substantial Sky Islands, and yet Oda is a person who loves showing off his world. It's like why would you only show off 1/3rd of your world? Could he be setting up spin off series for other manga artists to continue?

Oh well... we will find out eventually.
Feels like the Shanks and Blackbeard cameos we saw in Reverie will play a major role near the end of Wano Arc if not sooner

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Definitely going to be a full blown saga; even if Wano isn't the final arc in the Yonko Saga.
We're probably going to go to Elbaf and maybe another island if the final Road Poneglyph isn't on Elbaf. Then of course Laugh Tale itself, and then the final war arc that's been building up since Marineford, which will probably happen either at Marine HQ, Mary Geoise, or both. We still need to see that "Luffy will destroy Fishman Island" prophecy play out and Mary Geoise is sitting right on top of it. Heck, I'd be down if the Void Century flashback itself was a stand alone arc, but that's probably not going to happen.

I'm one of the people who thinks that One Piece is going to pass that five year end goal, given how much Oda likes to extend his arcs lately, so yeah. Would love to see as many new arcs as possible.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Final Saga.

One Piece as a story isn't ending in 4 years or whatever timeline Oda and Co. have provided; its serialization under its current title is what's ending, with the story picking up where it left off under a new assumed title. One of many half-truths, lies-and-truths-in-one we'll be seeing over the coming months and years.

Wano too is "officially" ending in a few months, but the arc itself will continue on by all practical means, just with some new frills being attached to the title to basically produce something "new" while still very much keeping things the "same." Story's gonna bounce around to different locations though out the next mini-acts, each new mini-arc or locale adding some new denomination to the arc title, e.g. WaKaNaNeNiNibalhblah.

We'll probably see something similar in Elbaf, with FeFiFoFum or Elbafefifum or something to follow.

There's several reasons for this, but I'll restrict this to more proper theories, as it requires a lot of context.

In terms of One Piece's title change, it functions in one sense as Oda's tribute to one of anime's most pre-eminent transitional name changes in Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z, which notably never happened w/ regards to the manga proper. It can also be said to be Oda's nod to prevalent trends in shonen, anime/manga, and Japanese entertainment mediums in general, e.g. Pokemon Red n Blue, Black/White, etc....different monikers, same core franchise and often the same canon.

Definitely don't envision another 1000+ chapters by any means, but I imagine the final saga would consist of 2-3 more years of mini-arcs encompassing the span of the Laugh-tale/Final War storylines ( much of the latter will actually ignite throughout the Wano mega-arc + Elbaf ). I'd expect something similar to what we'll in terms of arc-title conventions as Wano, with the "new" One Piece series starting out as One Piece AZ or One Piece ZA or something, with the title constantly switching with each new Act.....One Piece AZ --> One Piece AB+-YZ, One Piece ABC+alphaomega-XYZ, One Piece AAlphaBetayaddayaddaGammaOmegaXYZ and all kinds of absurd shit like that.

Sounds farfetched...impossible? Well, the current entire arc, if not the series as a whole, centers on the power of the imagination and will to make dreams into reality. So best keep an open mind; lots of crazy shit is about to go down very soon.

Or just look at it this way: if you're Oda, and you're engaged in a long-term game with theorists looking to predict your every move...then what better way to throw them off your trail than by convincing them the story's running on a much tighter schedule than you actually intend? It wouldn't technically even be a lie, really.....though it may still require you as Oda to try maintaining as fixed a pokerface as possible, even as you're trying to reign in that shit-eating grin.

Don't get too caught up in fixed schedules and assumptions, folks.

• Wow
Reactions: Rej
Top Bottom