Comic Books General Comic Book Thread

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I'll take a look but Marvel suck at those stories tbh but DC shines in showing how serious the story is.

Marvel write good concepts but have a shit execution, typical Marvel. Like if Marvel wrote Constantine they would pour cancer in the comic world.
This is not Marvel, it's from a newer independent publisher called AWA Studios.
[automerge]1592009778[/automerge]
It appears 5G has been scrapped completely with DiDio's exit lol

Btw this looks interesting
  • Justice League #53 (Dark Nights: Death Metal 'Doom Metal' Tie-In #1 of 5)
  • Written by Joshua Williamson
  • Art by Xermanico
  • Cover art by Liam Sharp
  • “Doom Metal” part one of five—the Dark Nights: Death Metal tie-in that will directly impact the finale of that event! Nightwing’s on a mission to free the Legion of Doom from Perpetua’s clutches. But to do so, he’ll need the help of none other than…Lex Luthor?! The surprises are only just beginning, as Nightwing, Lex, and a new Justice League must fight their way through an Earth twisted by the Dark Multiverse. Titans will be tested, hearts will be broken, and blood will be spilled!
  • In comic shops September 15, 2020.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
marvel again pointing out how useless their events are with Empyre.
Started off with a interesting possibility and then it went to shit

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
marvel again pointing out how useless their events are with Empyre.
Started off with a interesting possibility and then it went to shit
Haven't even gotten to it yet but the previews I saw seemed interesting lol

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Haven't even gotten to it yet but the previews I saw seemed interesting lol
It's simply Krees and Skrulls have united after all the fighting between the two, there's also the Kalahati's (hope i spelled that correctly) who have the Hulkling as their king which the Krees and Skrulls want as their king.

@Emperor Cross you reading "Empyre"?
[automerge]1596199611[/automerge]
btw @Frayz you looking forward to DC's "Generation" event?
God Wally West vs Batman who Laughs - (likely to end Batman who Laughs for a while as DC have overused him ragged)

Apparent titles from the wiki:
Generation Zero: Gods Among Us
Generation One: Age of Mysteries
Generation Two: Age of the Metahuman
Generation Three: Age of Crisis
Generation Four: Age of Rebirth
Generation Five: Age of Tomorrow

Generation Zero: likely to be about the New Gods and the Universe itself (Light and Dark)
Generation One: likely referring to early JSA and early superheroes on earth
Generation Two: Post Crisis on Infinite Earths
Generation Three: All the Crisis Events and New 52
Generation Four: Rebirth what else
Generation Five: Dark Knight Metal, Doomsday Clock, Flash Forward and anything that will shape DC for the future.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
btw @Frayz you looking forward to DC's "Generation" event?
God Wally West vs Batman who Laughs - (likely to end Batman who Laughs for a while as DC have overused him ragged)
I kind of was but...
It appears 5G has been scrapped completely with DiDio's exit lol
Generation Zero: likely to be about the New Gods and the Universe itself (Light and Dark)
Generation One: likely referring to early JSA and early superheroes on earth
Generation Two: Post Crisis on Infinite Earths
Generation Three: All the Crisis Events and New 52
Generation Four: Rebirth what else
Generation Five: Dark Knight Metal, Doomsday Clock, Flash Forward and anything that will shape DC for the future.
You're close. Apparently Gen Zero was more a prelude focusing on Wally West as Dr. Flashtron etc. Gen one was typical golden age stuff with Wonder Woman being the first hero and part of the JSA, Gen two was typical silver age starting with Superman's debut, Gen three began with the original Crisis and went all the way until Flashpoint, Gen Four includes new 52 and everything since, this was all supposed to setup the proposed 5G with the main heroes being replaced etc lol

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I kind of was but...

You're close. Apparently Gen Zero was more a prelude focusing on Wally West as Dr. Flashtron etc. Gen one was typical golden age stuff with Wonder Woman being the first hero and part of the JSA, Gen two was typical silver age starting with Superman's debut, Gen three began with the original Crisis and went all the way until Flashpoint, Gen Four includes new 52 and everything since, this was all supposed to setup the proposed 5G with the main heroes being replaced etc lol
I think they will instead introduce more new characters so heroes and villains. Possibly a Venom type character but DC version.
Also hope they bring "The Comedian" back as well as Ozymandias and maybe the likes of Night Owl.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think they will instead introduce more new characters so heroes and villains. Possibly a Venom type character but DC version.
Also hope they bring "The Comedian" back as well as Ozymandias and maybe the likes of Night Owl.
Yeah I heard rumours plans for 5G aren't completely dead but the whole idea of it being a line wide event/reboot is, so some of it may be reworked into something new who knows lol
[automerge]1596240854[/automerge]
I feel like I shouldn't like this suit for the main canon Batman but fuck it, I think it's dope. I doubt they'd stick with it but it could be a really good one for if Dick occasionally fills the role with the colour scheme lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So Marvel Avengers is a game yet I doubt I can play as a villain (marvel heroes are daft af and dull)

I wanna play as the best marvel character of all time, Dr doom and I wanna murder the avengers.

@Frayz @Emperor Cross what's your take on the avengers game if you've seen the beta and spider man 2?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So Marvel Avengers is a game yet I doubt I can play as a villain (marvel heroes are daft af and dull)

I wanna play as the best marvel character of all time, Dr doom and I wanna murder the avengers.

@Frayz @Emperor Cross what's your take on the avengers game if you've seen the beta and spider man 2?
I will probably buy it next year. Ain’t interested by it. Spider Man is a sony exclusive so it’s kind of cool but imma wait fir the definitive edition on Ps5

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
You are a hater
Not a hater though other than Jason Aaron's run on Thor, Hickman's X-Men run every other run has been fantastically dull and every event since 2014 or so has been nothing but :poop:

I really do hate one thing about Marvel, whereas i like in the independent and DC is when shit fucks up, it fucks up and people die. Marvel are even scared of killing dogs or cats ffs. They over use Squirrel Girl and Deadfpool who imo are :poop: characters

Chip's run on Daredevil from what i've heard is good though i haven't really been interested in the character, its like asking me to read Ant Man or Black Widow or Hawkeye. Thats a huge FUCK NO!

Though i wont say DC aren't all higher or better than Marvel but i feel DC overall when they do something it's generically executed precisely minus Heroes in Crisis and the forever delays within Doomsday Clock and over saturation in using Batman who Laughs. I find DC over all character portrayal wise skies above Marvel.

JL > Avengers imo

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Not a hater though other than Jason Aaron's run on Thor, Hickman's X-Men run every other run has been fantastically dull and every event since 2014 or so has been nothing but :poop:

I really do hate one thing about Marvel, whereas i like in the independent and DC is when shit fucks up, it fucks up and people die. Marvel are even scared of killing dogs or cats ffs. They over use Squirrel Girl and Deadfpool who imo are :poop: characters

Chip's run on Daredevil from what i've heard is good though i haven't really been interested in the character, its like asking me to read Ant Man or Black Widow or Hawkeye. Thats a huge FUCK NO!

Though i wont say DC aren't all higher or better than Marvel but i feel DC overall when they do something it's generically executed precisely minus Heroes in Crisis and the forever delays within Doomsday Clock and over saturation in using Batman who Laughs. I find DC over all character portrayal wise skies above Marvel.

JL > Avengers imo
His X-men run is superb !

Tony is still dead iirc. The ones that will never die are the X-Men if they can keep the 5 that can resurrect and a telepath for the memory etc...
Squirrel Girl is boring because she can't be defeated but Deadpool ?! Nah... Marvel overuse Spidey but he's the one bringing money so it's understandable.

From where I stand I can't really keep up with DC. I only read Batsy (
They killed my boy AL
) and Red Hood's these days. I can say I hate all the things with the one who Laughs too. I don't connect with the DC Casts even tho Justice League animated is one of the gem of my childhood, they kind of get how to make an animated movie.

Naah fam. Avengers will always be better. Supes is still the baddest tho but nah fam.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
@Frayz you seen this?
[automerge]1596909878[/automerge]
His X-men run is superb !

Tony is still dead iirc. The ones that will never die are the X-Men if they can keep the 5 that can resurrect and a telepath for the memory etc...
Squirrel Girl is boring because she can't be defeated but Deadpool ?! Nah... Marvel overuse Spidey but he's the one bringing money so it's understandable.

From where I stand I can't really keep up with DC. I only read Batsy (
They killed my boy AL
) and Red Hood's these days. I can say I hate all the things with the one who Laughs too. I don't connect with the DC Casts even tho Justice League animated is one of the gem of my childhood, they kind of get how to make an animated movie.

Naah fam. Avengers will always be better. Supes is still the baddest tho but nah fam.
I'll be honest all of the Avengers are forgettable has and have beens, Cap America hasn't been irrelavant since Brubraker's run, BlackWidow/Hawkeye ... like without the MCU who the fuck was they? lol ... Hulk imo since Pak and David's run i find Hulk at times dull, even the new run has its moments but still i find the overall story a bit boring. Iron Man imo is one character i never got behind, i never found him interesting at all. Simple. Thor depending on the writer is okay to good then is a complete turd

Squirrel girl is just OP due to a gag and Deadpool is just a bore since Kelly doesn't write him any more

We gonna agree to disagree on that point as Justice League > Avengers. This is coming from a person who use to be a Marvel fan till Disney brought Marvel and made most of marvel PG lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Marvel's largest issue by far is trying way too hard to be the MCU, DC is guilty of the same thing at times but it's never on the same level just the odd costume change and introducing characters that originated elsewhere. Other than X-Men, Marvel seems content to just rehash old stories as they're adapted into the MCU. First it was Civil War, then Infinity War and now they have Empyre just as they're giving Skrulls and Kree much larger roles in the movies.

Say what you want about the oversaturation of Apex Lex/Batman Who Laughs, Bendis' Superman/King's Batman runs and all the other stuff DC might be getting wrong but at least you can see they're trying to tell fresh stories in them. It's very hard to say the same for Marvel lol
[automerge]1596959466[/automerge]
And no I'm not a hater of Marvel either, I like a heap of Marvel characters so it's sad to see them on Disney's tight leash :feelsbadman:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
If I can do something like Harlan’s did with his Myron Bolitar series. I’ll be glad
I'd wanna create a Multiverse which has the likes of a Lord of the Rings type verse (i doubt we've seen much of a LOTR type Epic Fantasy comic) / Sandman type that Neil Gaiman wrote though that would be a start. Then i'd wanna explore in creating superheroes like DC/Marvel Comics.

In a nutshell i'd wanna outdo both DC and Marvel but have those collabs with Image/Dark Horse/Fantagraphics/Boom Studios characters and even Manga.

Top Bottom