Other General Final Fantasy Discussion

Your favourite games of the main series

• Total voters
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Funny I was just watching this video the other day. Looks pretty awesome.
It's about an expansion behind now, so much easier than it once was. Still hectic tho o_o

xiv and 7r are the only ff games I've actually properly played, I really need to try some of the others, like 12 etc.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It's about an expansion behind now, so much easier than it once was. Still hectic tho o_o

xiv and 7r are the only ff games I've actually properly played, I really need to try some of the others, like 12 etc.
Guess you dont like turned based?
I only played turned based FF.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Finished 7 FINALLY !!!!!
Man took too long. I had to really grind tediously for so long to level up my materia to help beat those damn weapons(Ruby and Emerald) god damn it. And it takes so long even with triple growth weapons. It's one of the things I disliked on FF7. Like get that girding is normal in rpgs, but fuck dude, that was too much. Compared to FF6 I didn't grind so much. only to get rid of a curse of a strong shield. Another thing I didn't like was some bosses were too easy. lol I know it might sound stupid but I wasn't too fond of it. I grinded so much Sephiroth and Genova was so easy, and I didn't feel satisfied with it. Other thing I hated was SPOILERS Aerith dying so early. SPOILERS End. I didn't even get to use Great Gospel. At least make her stay longer smh. Also I dislike Sephiroth. I just didn't connect with him.

Well other than that I liked the game alot. It was fun all the way up until I had to fight the weapons. But I had a blast when I defeated Ruby. I like Cloud he's a interesting Protag and the rest of the gang. My Favorite is Red XIII and Cid, I always have them in the main group. Cid is funny and him and Shera getting happier together is sweet. I like the sound track it has some nice tracks, my favorite would be the Wutai theme. If it comes out on PC I might play the Remake.

I don't Plan on playing another FF for some time.
I have download the emulator for snes and I might end up playing Earthbound.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Random question Yuffie is an optional party member in 7 right? If so how worth is it recruit her?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Random question Yuffie is an optional party member in 7 right? If so how worth is it recruit her?
yes can find her in the forest/wood area run into trees on the world map. She good and she also has heal ability beside attack (can be strong when level her proper, better then tifa and aerith, plus she part of the story (they didn't have enough time/to add her into story -cut scenes graphics) why people say optional character, just like vincent.

But getting vicent,and yuffie make story more complete. for place you visit/later for development. So it's worth getting yuffie and vincent.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
yes can find her in the forest/wood area run into trees on the world map. She good and she also has heal ability beside attack (can be strong when level her proper, better then tifa and aerith, plus she part of the story (they didn't have enough time/to add her into story -cut scenes graphics) why people say optional character, just like vincent.

But getting vicent,and yuffie make story more complete. for place you visit/later for development. So it's worth getting yuffie and vincent.
Alright thank you!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yeah, she's worth it. Even if you don't use her she's worth getting to make the story better. Along with all the other optional characters.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
To completion I played 7 and 13 and 13-2

I made it far into ff8 but my psp I played it on broke and I hadn't restarted it on PC or bought a new psp to put the save data in.

I thank Dissidia and Dissidia Duodecim 012 for getting me into Final Fantasy. I ofc has ff7 remake also and love it.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Finished 7 FINALLY !!!!!
Man took too long. I had to really grind tediously for so long to level up my materia to help beat those damn weapons(Ruby and Emerald) god damn it. And it takes so long even with triple growth weapons. It's one of the things I disliked on FF7.
Which way did you beat them.
Just remember my first time beating them... Lvling up all summonings until I got big summon-materia to have Infinity use of knigh of the round.

Ruby weapon 2x cast Knights + Phönix followed by a mimic, 3rd on hold to use metalixier.

Emerald 2x cast Kights + Kinights -> mimic, 3rd on hold to use metalixier.

And of course knights linked with mp abosrb.

Watching dozens time these Knights was a pain xD

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
To completion I played 7 and 13 and 13-2

I made it far into ff8 but my psp I played it on broke and I hadn't restarted it on PC or bought a new psp to put the save data in.

I thank Dissidia and Dissidia Duodecim 012 for getting me into Final Fantasy. I ofc has ff7 remake also and love it.
Since then I've been playing final fantasy 14 and I absolutely love it

And only recently got to shadowbringers expansion

Top Bottom