Shion

Lost Soul
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

One Piece

Date of Release: July 22, 1997
Author: Eiichiro Oda
Genre: Shonen

Sinopse: Gol D. Roger, a man referred to as the "Pirate King," is set to be executed by the World Government. But just before his demise, he confirms the existence of a great treasure, One Piece, located somewhere within the vast ocean known as the Grand Line. Announcing that One Piece can be claimed by anyone worthy enough to reach it, the Pirate King is executed and the Great Age of Pirates begins.

Twenty-two years later, a young man by the name of Monkey D. Luffy is ready to embark on his own adventure, searching for One Piece and striving to become the new Pirate King. Armed with just a straw hat, a small boat, and an elastic body, he sets out on a fantastic journey to gather his own crew and a worthy ship that will take them across the Grand Line to claim the greatest status on the high seas.

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oh boy.
Calling Luffy "Big Bro" put him in the mode to be responsible for once. :ROFLMAO:
LuffyxChopper combo!!!! ❤

• Love
Reactions: Rej

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I just started the question on OJ, but I would like to hear your opinion guys:
Do you think Luffy killed off Babanuki?

And yeah this chapter was good because it brought forward the topic of Luffy finally dealing "killing blows".
So Luffy made a quick decision: Before more people suffer and probably die due to the Mummy virus, Luffy had to redirect all of their last force (Babanuki) into himself. Probably 200x firepower of a normal bullet from the inside of Babanuki's stomach basically. I can't interpretate the finaly panel of Babanuki correctly, but in retrospection this chapter is fucking dark, one of the darkest considering the evolving of the main character.

Anyway that's it for now!

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

And yeah this chapter was good because it brought forward the topic of Luffy finally dealing "killing blows".
So Luffy made a quick decision: Before more people suffer and probably die due to the Mummy virus, Luffy had to redirect all of their last force (Babanuki) into himself. Probably 200x firepower of a normal bullet from the inside of Babanuki's stomach basically. I can't interpretate the finaly panel of Babanuki correctly, but in retrospection this chapter is fucking dark, one of the darkest considering the evolving of the main character.

I doubt it, people have survived worse. Even if he did, it's not like he technically dealt a killing blow, he just made his attack backfire on himself.

Reactions: Rej

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I doubt it, people have survived worse. Even if he did, it's not like he technically dealt a killing blow, he just made his attack backfire on himself.
But if Luffy knew the outcome of the bulletshot (from Babanuki) then he also would know the outcome of backfiring to Babanuki.
I mean this "deadly weapon" was hyped up, right now we only see mummies laying on the ground (potentially saved by Chopper while strongholding Udon). I still think it can be highly considerable, but it might also be the case of Babanuki pulling a Pelle-type of survivor-thing just for the enemy side.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

I mean, sure it could be deadly. But the others are right. Characters survived worse. Pell had that bomb on his feet and survived. Luffy got shot at countless times with explosives or whatever. I mean I guess Babanuki is out cold for now but he will get back up probably.

But man Kiku was beautiful this chapter again :love:

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I mean, sure it could be deadly. But the others are right. Characters survived worse. Pell had that bomb on his feet and survived. Luffy got shot at countless times with explosives or whatever. I mean I guess Babanuki is out cold for now but he will get back up probably.

But man Kiku was beautiful this chapter again :love:
yes she was

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

I don't think it was kill shot. Just perma out of commission due to severe injuries. But Chopper would likely heal him of the virus with the others to keep it from spreading. (He might be the test subject since he has the highest concentration of the virus).
I will agree that Luffy is more serious about putting people out of commission though, he's going to knock em down and make sure they aren't getting back up until he and his crew are halfway to Raftel.

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I don't think it was kill shot. Just perma out of commission due to severe injuries. But Chopper would likely heal him of the virus with the others to keep it from spreading. (He might be the test subject since he has the highest concentration of the virus).
I will agree that Luffy is more serious about putting people out of commission though, he's going to knock em down and make sure they aren't getting back up until he and his crew are halfway to Raftel.
the test subject is a good point, but I still think the priority lies in the prisoners and Luffy, maybe Chopper will be Babanukis hero lol, Tama can tame him LMAO

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece 950 is out on manga stream! :D
Also on JB :D

Damn I really liked this one. More like a summary of events but the scenes looked very neat. Zoro x Hiyori scenes again :dogkek: And Kid looked dope but I understand his mistrust… And Law smiling like the badass he is :pepemusic: that dude got a plan I tell ya

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Also on JB
Yea, but I'm not much of a fan of JB translations so I don't know the links to watch for it. ?

? Law chained up...
I read in other comments and thought it was funny: Law's going to tell the plan, but Luffy is involved so the plan will go wrong ?

Top Bottom