General General One Piece Discussion

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Actually quoted the wrong part. I mean Rokushiki being hakibased fighting and If I remember right you use Rokushiki without Haki in RP.
:eek:
You mean we can nerf rokushiki? :weirdpeep:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Volume 95 demoted Coby again. He is only Captain...

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I cant read this bad translation, i am slowly transfering to mondays :pepewhy:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hey guys, i have a quick Theory about Wano Traitor

In One Piece the Theme of Traitor + Revo Guy + Inspiring Death + Inspired Next Generation is very common
For example Orochi betrayed Kozuki Family, killed Oden who inspired Momo who asked Luffy for help and there is Kin'emon Leader of Rebels
Teach betrayed WB Pirates, killed WB who inspired Ace who in turn Luffy succeeded him and there is Marco Leader of Rebels
Doffy betrayed his Family, killed Corazon who inspired Law who asked Luffy for Alliance and there is Kyros Leader of Rebels
....... etc you get the point

So this begs the question, since we have a Traitor among Wano Alliance, doesn't it mean it will follow the same formula ???
If we have a Betrayer, then automatically we should have an Inspiring Death, an Inspired next Generation & a Rebel Leader
Did something like this recently happened ?? Absolutely yes !!!

Pedro died (and He wanted to be inspiring just like Roger and likes of Oden, Noland, Tom, Otohime ... etc) and he inspired Carrot who is Next Generation and who befriended Luffy & Co. more than rest of Minks, so based on this, Traitor must definitely be one of Minks so that Formula is correct again

We need both a Traitor & a Rebel Leader and there are two possibilities
Nekomamushi is the Traitor and Inurashi is the Opposing Force which creates the Formula:
Neko (Traitor) ---> Pedro (Inspiring Death) ---> Carrot (Inspired Youngster) ---> Inurashi (Opposting Force)
And honestly we found multiple Hints that Neko is the Traitor

Or it's Sicilian and Rebel Leader Figure is Wanda and it kinda matches, since Wanda was so close to Pedro & Sicilian is his Musketeers Counterpart, so what do you guys think, is the Traitor Nekomamushi or Sicilian ???

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I cant read this bad translation, i am slowly transfering to mondays :pepewhy:
For 967 you would have to wait till 1/6 ^^
And its not like VIZ/Mangaplus have the best Translation. They still stick with Zolo. Can't wait to see how they deal with Laugh Tale, they will most likely stick with Raftel^^

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
And its not like VIZ/Mangaplus have the best Translation. They still stick with Zolo. Can't wait to see how they deal with Laugh Tale, they will most likely stick with Raftel^^
IMO Viz is still the best Translation, and the Important Names are accurate
People criticize them for Names such as Zolo but that's because Japanese people don't have "R"

For example Zoro is inspired by a real Pirate named L'olonnais so if we compare the two names and how Japanese pronounce
His Name should be Lolonoa Zolo lmao (I know it's weird but for us) which matches with his inspiration
But for us who aren't Japanese, the Romanization is instead Roronoa Zoro which is way better for us
So both Zoro & Zolo are correct, it's a matter of what u choose/prefer and how u pronounce

As for other names like Dogstorm & Dogtooth .... etc they can be considered wrong or right
They are correct because those Character's Names truly translate to that but since it's a name, Viz shouldn't change them and keep them as Inurashi & Katakuri

However, what about names like Akagami ? or Shirohige ? should Viz write those too as they are instead of Red-Hair & Whitebeard ?
The point is, Oda names certain Characters with Names that have meaning and related to the Character so from a Japanese Perspective, he isn't reading just a Name without meaning, he is truly reading Dogstorm & Sabertooth & Red-Hair & Whitebeard

So Viz here have two choices, either keep the name exactly as Japanese Write/Pronounce it so that the Name match everywhere or change it to it's meaning and translate it so that we English Readers experience the same feeling as Japanese Readers when they read those Names

I just wanted to explain this, because there was always huge misunderstanding about Viz Translations
Their Translations are still great, for example they named Final Island Lodestar contrary to what both Leaks, some Forum Users & Online Translations who used Road Star or Rodestar instead
But Lodestar is the correct one and u can google it to see that it's the Perfect Name for Final Island

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I dont really mind that much. All that matters is that the sentences have sense. Like last OP and MHA chapters were so hard to read

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
IMO Viz is still the best Translation, and the Important Names are accurate
People criticize them for Names such as Zolo but that's because Japanese people don't have "R"

For example Zoro is inspired by a real Pirate named L'olonnais so if we compare the two names and how Japanese pronounce
His Name should be Lolonoa Zolo lmao (I know it's weird but for us) which matches with his inspiration
But for us who aren't Japanese, the Romanization is instead Roronoa Zoro which is way better for us
So both Zoro & Zolo are correct, it's a matter of what u choose/prefer and how u pronounce

As for other names like Dogstorm & Dogtooth .... etc they can be considered wrong or right
They are correct because those Character's Names truly translate to that but since it's a name, Viz shouldn't change them and keep them as Inurashi & Katakuri

However, what about names like Akagami ? or Shirohige ? should Viz write those too as they are instead of Red-Hair & Whitebeard ?
The point is, Oda names certain Characters with Names that have meaning and related to the Character so from a Japanese Perspective, he isn't reading just a Name without meaning, he is truly reading Dogstorm & Sabertooth & Red-Hair & Whitebeard

So Viz here have two choices, either keep the name exactly as Japanese Write/Pronounce it so that the Name match everywhere or change it to it's meaning and translate it so that we English Readers experience the same feeling as Japanese Readers when they read those Names

I just wanted to explain this, because there was always huge misunderstanding about Viz Translations
Their Translations are still great, for example they named Final Island Lodestar contrary to what both Leaks, some Forum Users & Online Translations who used Road Star or Rodestar instead
But Lodestar is the correct one and u can google it to see that it's the Perfect Name for Final Island
One thing I don’t care for Viz about is leaving God untranslated as Kami for large chunks of Skypiea, especially when Enel is referring to himself as one.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
In Episode 922, Zoro defeated some Fodders by making them imagine being Sliced (Non-Canon ofc)
Which is similar to how He frightened Urashima, Monet, Asura against Kaku ... etc
Combine this with how Rayleigh & Oden & Ace & even Katakuri had CoC
It's not far-fetched to say that Zoro will obtain CoC too

So assuming Zoro will get CoC (No need to say he won't, that's not the point of my question)
If he gets it, when do you think is the best time to Show It ?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Next chapter will air on March 9th. It's not because of Oda's health condition as many speculated according to Greg. Source: reddit
Greg says: Everything is fine. The delay is real, but it's all good. Nothing terrible or horrible has transpired. I could get more into it, but it's not my place. Just don't make much ado about what is nothing to be concerned over.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
That's loooong.. Will hope to see early spoilers then

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Due to data problem and slower i story i shifted to manga and reading it now. The last episode i watched should be the filler where they rob a mari e base for food.

Any new filler after that???

Ranger

The Driven
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
omg Oda is waiting for my birthday to release One Piece??????????? GODA!!! :poggers:

Top Bottom