General General One Piece Discussion

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Well hopefully the next chapter looks good since i really want to return to present story

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
This is true. But with the current paranoia with the coronavirus people were probably thinking the worst.
I'm curious how many weeks ahead of the official releases Oda is with his chapters. I remember hearing it once before but I forget exactly how much time Oda is ahead. I just remember it being a smaller span of time than I thought it would be.

I just wish Oda would stop releasing chapters for a month or 2 so his back catalog would be nice and fat, then he can resume releasing chapters as usual. That way if Oda gets put out of comission for a few weeks chapters can still be released on time on a relatively regular basis. I just doubt people will have the patience to let it happen :/

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I'm curious how many weeks ahead of the official releases Oda is with his chapters. I remember hearing it once before but I forget exactly how much time Oda is ahead. I just remember it being a smaller span of time than I thought it would be.

I just wish Oda would stop releasing chapters for a month or 2 so his back catalog would be nice and fat, then he can resume releasing chapters as usual. That way if Oda gets put out of comission for a few weeks chapters can still be released on time on a relatively regular basis. I just doubt people will have the patience to let it happen :/
I doubt shonen jump would let him without a marketable story reason like a time skip lol

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think it was 1-2 chapter back then.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I don’t know if I’m just drunk rn cuz I had half a Sierra Nevada for the first time in a week or what, but suddenly I’m thinking “what if Dragon is the final boss?”:woahcat:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I don’t know if I’m just drunk rn cuz I had half a Sierra Nevada for the first time in a week or what, but suddenly I’m thinking “what if Dragon is the final boss?”:woahcat:
that's pretty Oda trolling us.. But I am excited how he'd pull that off.

novaselinenever

Best Dad!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The schedule isn't looking very good for the next few weeks with Covid-19 causing an unplanned break, and Golden week coming up as well.

Chapter 977 will be out officially on Sunday 12/Monday 13. The current one
Chapter 978 will be out officially on Sunday 26/Monday 27.
Chapter 979 will be out officially on May, Sunday 10/Monday 11.

A break after each chapter, and that's not accounting for any Oda break. That'll probably come after 979 :pepehands:

Source

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Gonna start watching blame....still haven't finish it ! Hope Kingdom is not following OP... usually both manga go to break at same time

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The schedule isn't looking very good for the next few weeks with Covid-19 causing an unplanned break, and Golden week coming up as well.

Chapter 977 will be out officially on Sunday 12/Monday 13. The current one
Chapter 978 will be out officially on Sunday 26/Monday 27.
Chapter 979 will be out officially on May, Sunday 10/Monday 11.

A break after each chapter, and that's not accounting for any Oda break. That'll probably come after 979 :pepehands:

Source
I wonder if anything special is gonna happen on chapter 987? :blobthink:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
When you are super proud of yourself for not having peeked at the spoiler section for a week and you wake up early Friday morning to figure out no chappy :blobworried:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oda just loves it when the chapter numbers work out like that. The example that comes to mind is when he debuted Nightmare Luffy in chapter 478 and Gear 4th in chapter 784.
But what happened in 789, 798, 879, 897 or 978 that makes you think 987 could be come special :pepethinking:

I am actually super hyped for chapter 1000!

Top Bottom