Current Events God Valley is Raftel

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
That doesn't make sense either. Poneglyphs were made 800 years ago, so the direction of raftel can't just change and if maps that cannot be destroyed were needed to find it then it also don't make sense for it to be easily located others the maps pointing to raftel is a huge waste of time.
When they were created doesn't really change what I said tho. They only became relevant after God Valley disappeared from existence. Or maybe you still needed the poneglyphs to get but Roger, Rocks, and Garp were the only ones who knew about it and how to use it.

Reactions: Rej
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
When they were created doesn't really change what I said tho. They only became relevant after God Valley disappeared from existence. Or maybe you still needed the poneglyphs to get but Roger, Rocks, and Garp were the only ones who knew about it and how to use it.
The problem is an island can't just disappear without changing location. If it did disappear then you are basically insinuating that map writers knew this would happen when they wrote the maps and I doubt that.

Also after that incident Roger still had to find the poneglyphs to get to raftel. So Roger should not of had to do that when he knew where it was if all it did was disappear. However your point is basically stating it changed location which makes map written 800 years ago useless so God Valley cannot be raftel.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The problem is an island can't just disappear without changing location. If it did disappear then you are basically insinuating that map writers knew this would happen when they wrote the maps and I doubt that.

Also after that incident Roger still had to find the poneglyphs to get to raftel. So Roger should not of had to do that when he knew where it was if all it did was disappear. However your point is basically stating it changed location which makes map written 800 years ago useless so God Valley cannot be raftel.
Alright. I concede.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It's a possibility but I'd like to think God Valley was an island that belonged to the celestial dragons because of the road poneglyph they have there.

God Valley is the island of the celestial dragons whereas Raftel is the island of the D clan. Both seem to be hidden from history because God Valley is another clue to Raftel.
i buy this

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It's not Raftel. Pay attention to these panels:
The log pose eventually always leads to one island. That's where Roger learned about the Ancient Kingdom and the Poneglyphs. At that point he backtracked, located the Rio Poneglyphs and presumably learned more about Raftel by stealing/getting a hold of the four Red Poneglyphs. In chapter 506 Rayleigh says that 4 years before his execution, Roger embarked on his last journey (which made the world acknowledge him as the pirate king).

Assuming God Valley was that final island, it took Roger 10 years to figure everything out and find Raftel. The way I see it, Rocks and Roger, being rivals, got to the final island (God Valley) at the same exact time. Rocks was defeated (and killed) then and there, his crew disbanded and never had a chance to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Looks like it. There must be something that cause Rock and Roger pirates clashed there. And the obscurity the location may hint that it might be Raftel. What do you think?
Remember the last RP that went missing? It's probably there. And the island is missing too. Roger didn't become PK after that event so God valley is not Raftel.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
God Valley is definitely significant but it isn't raftel. To start off, we already know the island is called Raftel and not God Valley as stated by Robin. The island has already been visited by Big Mom, Kaido, WB, Garp and Roger. If that island was Raftel why have these people not returned there? Roger later went on a final voyage and reached raftel. Would be wierd if Roger already went to the island before his grand voyage. Then the celestial dragons are involed in god valley. If the one piece treasure was at god valley, the celestial dragons would have taken it already.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
God Valley is definitely significant but it isn't raftel. To start off, we already know the island is called Raftel and not God Valley as stated by Robin. The island has already been visited by Big Mom, Kaido, WB, Garp and Roger. If that island was Raftel why have these people not returned there? Roger later went on a final voyage and reached raftel. Would be wierd if Roger already went to the island before his grand voyage. Then the celestial dragons are involed in god valley. If the one piece treasure was at god valley, the celestial dragons would have taken it already.
Agree. People sometimes take too seriously the panel of silhouette designed by Oda and tend to find correlations everywhere one way or another.

Laugh Tale & God Valley just are different islands. Is the most coherent possibility.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
If I remember correctly , once Roger reached to the final island , he started his journey again to find the secret of the lost World .
As per Skypia pony.

So , I guess he learned about void century , will of D etc at God of Valley . May b Rocks told him before his death...
And I do believe that Rocks was the previous holder of Yami Yami no mi who vanished God of valley . Only Yami Yami no mi capable to sink a island without any trace..

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Another point I wanna make about this.

I changed my mind. It's not possible for God Valley to be Raftel. Roger offered the location of Raftel to WB. If WB was part of Rocks crew and Roger was part of that fight vs the Rocks crew on God Valley as well, then that means WB obviously has been to Raftel before and knew of its location along with BM and Kaido. Which doesn't make any sense because BM and Kaido each have a road Poneglyph in order to pinpoint Raftels location. Even though the WG has erased its whereabouts on every map, and it supposedly doesn't exist. It obviously exists. But the WG just doesn't want anyone over there because it probably has a road poneglyph or it has the Rio poneglyph who knows.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Another point I wanna make about this.

I changed my mind. It's not possible for God Valley to be Raftel. Roger offered the location of Raftel to WB. If WB was part of Rocks crew and Roger was part of that fight vs the Rocks crew on God Valley as well, then that means WB obviously has been to Raftel before and knew of its location along with BM and Kaido. Which doesn't make any sense because BM and Kaido each have a road Poneglyph in order to pinpoint Raftels location. Even though the WG has erased its whereabouts on every map, and it supposedly doesn't exist. It obviously exists. But the WG just doesn't want anyone over there because it probably has a road poneglyph or it has the Rio poneglyph who knows.
Yes you are right, i agree completely, but the real question shouldn't be if Laugh Tale is the same island. The question has to be "What was (or is) there in that place and how could reach to it".

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The Road Poneglyphs were created 900 years ago as a guide to Raftel...

God Valley USE to be drawn on maps prior to 38 years ago... That means it's location is still on maps that are over 38 years old...

Why go through all the trouble to find the Road Poneglyphs, when all you have to do is get an old map if you want to reach Raftel?

God Valley is definitely not Raftel... The island where the last Road Poneglyph is much more plausible, and will most likely be the Island where Luffy and Blackbeard clash...

Top Bottom