Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Haikyuu!!

Year of Release: 2015
Author: Haruichi Furudate
Genre: Shonen, Sports

Synopse: The story follows the protagonist Shōyō Hinata, who becomes inspired to play volleyball after seeing a match on T.V. featuring the Small Giant, a figure whom becomes Hinata's role model and motivation. For months, he's the only member of his junior high's volleyball club until three new students joined. Hinata then convinces his friends to join him so he can play in an official volleyball match. There, they play against Tobio Kageyama, a very skillful but arrogant volleyball player often referred to as the "King of the Court." After pitifully losing to Kageyama in his first and last volleyball match as a junior high student, Hinata confronts him and promises to defeat him in the future. After graduating, Hinata chooses Karasuno High School, hoping to join the same volleyball team that the Small Giant had been on, but ends up finding Kageyama there as well.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I haven't touched this one in a while. Last time I read the national school games arc was beginning. I think it was the arc with a school that has two twins who really play at a high level.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
every chapter in this manga so magnificient !!
One of best sport manga right now

note: if you read weekly, make sure re-read again for "one match / one arc". Sport manga always interesting if we read with marathon type

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I agree this manga is best read in a marathon. You get a better feel for the pacing of the game matches.

Though I'm caught up now and.... ;-;
That would be a very sad ending for the 3rd years and Hinata...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Well, it happened folks :cry::lazypoolplz:
[automerge]1570782995[/automerge]
Like, wtf did I just read!!! years later!!! shit, I need a place to rant, I need someone to rant to ???

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I'm here @Bimbonium !!! Wtf?!
Was expecting 3rd years gone but this!!!?
:lazypoolplz:
This is just crazy, anything but this. I was expecting new team members, hoped some crazy first years will come, maybe a transfer student...... Admittedly tho, I was afraid it will feel like a repeat of the the same thing.

Also, is that new guy Hinata? Shit, where's Kageyama and Tsukki
[automerge]1570783405[/automerge]
I feel I just got my heart broken in a nice bitter sweet way ?

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I was literally just starting to really like Tsukki :catcry:
I was like "yea! Now he's gonna be a team player and Tobi gonna help him be so bad ass!"
:lazypoolplz:
And the stepping up they all would have had to do was getting me hyped!
but now we gotta wonder if that was the best they ever did and they sucked again ;-;
And what about the nekos?!!!!!
I feel like my heart has just been ripped out and my story has incompleteness that will nag me.

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Couldn't bring myself to read the last two chapters yet so I'm re reading! :pepecute: :catcorn:
No hate but i stopped reading when that tall dude had problems with slamming the ball :pepehands:

Top Bottom