Happy Three, Friends!

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Today it has been three years since we officially launched Thriller Bark. We've all had our ups and down, and although we aren't a big forum(which I am happy with, I couldn't imagine running something the size of Oro Jackson) we still are keeping it going, at least in the RP section. The biggest announcement I have other than it being three years since we launched is that I have finally processed all outstanding donations and awarded Salty Doubloons. The main reason I stopped processing is the same reason I stepped back from my public roles on the forum. My mental health was taking a toll, and even thinking about doing anything on here was making it worse. I know that's not an excuse, but it is an explanation, which I feel I owed you all. I'm currently doing better, and I am back for the forseeable future.

However, as a thanks to those who stuck and kept donating, I have given out 3x the normal rate of SD as a thanks. That's for the full amount, regardless how much you donated since last time I processed rewards. I am also extending this triple bonus for any donation for the next month, should anyone else wish to get in on the bonus, as well as a celebration of our three years. For more info on donations, click here.

We've also added a Username Change store item. Limited availability but refreshes after 14 days.

A great thanks from me and the rest of the Thriller Bark team.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I may not have been here long but i feel like I've found the one piece of rps. Most larger forums like rpnation would kill to have two or three people as dedicated and enthusiastic about rp as thrillerbark has.

With the rise of discord, traditional forum rp is nearly gone lol. And I can't tell you how many one piece rps I've found over the years in the rp graveyard. Most of which can't even finish an axe hand Morgan story line, let alone storm the likes of enies lobby or dress rosa.

I hope I can do at least one cool thing with my time here :3 and I'm glad I stumbled across this place by searching for: one piece rp forum...randomly one day.

Seriously I've searched for op rps for years but I only added forum to my search query about a month ago

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I may not have been here long but i feel like I've found the one piece of rps. Most larger forums like rpnation would kill to have two or three people as dedicated and enthusiastic about rp as thrillerbark has.

With the rise of discord, traditional forum rp is nearly gone lol. And I can't tell you how many one piece rps I've found over the years in the rp graveyard. Most of which can't even finish an axe hand Morgan story line, let alone storm the likes of enies lobby or dress rosa.

I hope I can do at least one cool thing with my time here :3 and I'm glad I stumbled across this place by searching for: one piece rp forum...randomly one day.

Seriously I've searched for op rps for years but I only added forum to my search query about a month ago
We are more than glad to have u here. Forget about the bullying and stuff. Gambit sama is here to protect u. Whatever it takes.

Insert capt America. Zehahahaha

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hahahaha. My generation watched that at like age 10 or so
We're of the same gen but I only watched family guy and Futurama lol. Besides the anime on CN. My horizons were limited v.v
Yeah same thing I found.
Lol I clicked the tab, "is this for kids" and it just goes ham trying to convince you not to let them watch it. XD

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
We're of the same gen but I only watched family guy and Futurama lol. Besides the anime on CN. My horizons were limited v.v
Oh yeah you had to be shown online by your friends. Good times. I think i actually downloaded a lot of them, cause streaming videos wasnt really feasible.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Lol I clicked the tab, "is this for kids" and it just goes ham trying to convince you not to let them watch it. XD
Cartoons are really not that popular here, esp for kids like me 25 years ago who didn't have access to paid tv. The only reason we got anime is thru national tv.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Cartoons are really not that popular here, esp for kids like me 25 years ago who didn't have access to paid tv. The only reason we got anime is thru national tv.
I guess the reason I'm a manga reader and not an anime watched is that I didn't start till i was like 16-17 cause i had nothing outside pokemon

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I guess the reason I'm a manga reader and not an anime watched is that I didn't start till i was like 16-17 cause i had nothing outside pokemon
That was about the same age I started manga, too because prior that, internet was not yet a thing. I remember searching in the web, Super Saiyan 10 Vegeta. Lmao.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oh yeah you had to be shown online by your friends. Good times. I think i actually downloaded a lot of them, cause streaming videos wasnt really feasible.
Dial up definitely wasn't viable, even for downloading. Old dsl was like 756 kb or around 15x faster than dial up. I 0nly remember this random speed because it was att and t's slogan back then lol. And Comcast like a chad came put with 15 mbs. And it was like Jesus back to earth lol

I was lucky I had TV on and off most of my life but family didnt embrace internet until I was 18 and could pay for my own service lol. Fucking bastards lol

But ya I was an anime guy for a while, I binged op 1 to 550 in a month at my library through torrents. But as I got older I stopped because it took too much time for little enjoyment.

Manga and it's run offs like manwha and manhua are far faster, more varied, and interesting than anime. Other than a few stand outs like 86 and re zero. Too much echhi, isekai, and light novel adaptations that never finish

Top Bottom