Questions & Mysteries Im-Sama is Rocks D. Xebec (?) // Alive and hidden to strike back again!

Are Im-Sama & Rocks D. Xebec the same person?

• Yes, the are the same.

• Could be, they are very similar.

• No, they are different persons.

• I don't know what to think...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Since Rocks D. Xebec was mention, somewhere in my mind thought that a character so important for One Piece due to his backstory, power and knowledge can't only be mention. Must appear sometime and not only in a flashback.

If this two assumptions were completed then...:

1. About Jewerly Bonney. A classic assumtion. The world goverment uses her devil fruit power to rejuvenate "someone' or "some people (Gorosei)". They need her for this.

2. About Rocks D. Xevec. If this man really results to be Im-Sama then Xebec is alive and hidden by Gorosei and celestial dragons. How? Rejuvenating him (for healing purposes) with Jewerly Bonney's power to give him eternal life (not inmortality, something like Trafalgar's main power) to complete his master plan in the shadows: "The control of everything" without any opposition (Luffy, Blackbeard, Shirahoshi & Vivi, key persons to interfiere).

Just think about it guys. Oda don't show us a character so relevant in the last 20% of the story. I don't think so. At least some correlation must have this two truly main antagonists for the series.

After all Xebec was the great rival of the Pirate king...

Vote & comment!

The Debate is opened!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I don't know. I think he's dead and Blackbeard got the Will of Rocks. But he could be alive and be Im, which would be striking to see World Government ruled by a pirate... Akainu will be enraged :feelslaserman::feelslaserman:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I don't know. I think he's dead and Blackbeard got the Will of Rocks. But he could be alive and be Im, which would be striking to see World Government ruled by a pirate... Akainu will be enraged :feelslaserman::feelslaserman:
World Goverment ruled by a pirate would be the best twist for the series ever no joke.

Would love it!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Im-sama is the final boss isn't he? Garp & Roger already defeated him once, so it won't be that exciting for luffy. I think he is somewhat related to Roger and Rocks but I won't believe that the ruler of the world is a D

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Im-sama is the final boss isn't he? Garp & Roger already defeated him once, so it won't be that exciting for luffy. I think he is somewhat related to Roger and Rocks but I won't believe that the ruler of the world is a D
In this case we must wonder us why a celestial dragons would follow a D. In the first place. Could be related somehow to the void century and the secrets known by Xebec, but the rare thing is why Oda would introduced two main final antagonist with almost the same goal?

Very intriguing...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
two main final antagonist with almost the same goal?
Please explain further

void century and the secrets known by Xebec
I feel like he won't just be a powerhouse like kaido. I would love to see if Xebec gets a bigger fanbase than Roger in future! For that Xebec must be knowing a lot.
We also didn't get to know his bounty hmm. Hype.
It wasn't mentioned that Xebec is dead I suppose.

LOL Now I see Im-sama killing Xebec in an epic fight
I am daydreaming

Reactions: Rej
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Please explain further
Oda in around 50 chapters introduced Im-Sama & Rocks D. Xebec.
The first one is sitted in the empty throne that represents the king of kings (twenty kingdoms that formed the World Goverment 800 years ago), that controls everything in the world with his power only "erasing the threats (light erased)". I assumed his goal is the control of the whole world.
The second one how was said in Sengoku & Akainu's conversation, he wanted to become "the king of the world".

I just saw an analogy here of power objetives between them. Maybe i'm wrong. Don't have any certain prove anyway.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oda in around 50 chapters introduced Im-Sama & Rocks D. Xebec.
The first one is sitted in the empty throne that represents the king of kings (twenty kingdoms that formed the World Goverment 800 years ago), that controls everything in the world with his power only "erasing the threats (light erased)". I assumed his goal is the control of the whole world.
The second one how was said in Segoku & Akainu's conversation, he wanted to become "the king of the world".

I just saw an analogy here of power objetives between them. Maybe i'm wrong. Don't have any certain prove anyway.
Oh yes! It's crazy how two mind blowing characters are introduced after 900+ chapters lol

I think Xebec's bounty poster is there too xDD

What about their shape?
Xebec & Im are apparently very different.
Can't say for sure because we got only silhouettes.

Shape...Eyes...this can't be Rocks Xebec

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oh yes! It's crazy how two mind blowing characters are introduced after 900+ chapters lol

I think Xebec's bounty poster is there too xDD

What about their shape?
Xebec & Im are very apparently very different.
Can't say for sure because we got only silhouettes.

Shape...Eyes...this can't be Rocks Xebec

I don't trust too much in Oda's silhouettes because he could change shapes how he wants, but if Xebec after the "God Valley incident" was severely injured, maybe Gorosei take him (for his power like a weapon) with them and heal him with Jewerly Bonney's power of rejuvenation, then he could change his body shape or something, and now he is ready to show us all his power again againts the next aspirant to pirate king, Luffy and Blackbeard, targeting Poseidon an ancestral weapon and Vivi a relevant politician figure to finish what he started with Roger.

Just my thoughts though.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I don't trust too much in Oda's silhouettes because he could change shapes how he wants, but if Xebec after the "God Valley incident" was severely injured, maybe Gorosei take him (for his power like a weapon) with them and heal him with Jewerly Bonney's power of rejuvenation, then he could change his body shape or something, and now he is ready to show us all his power again againts the next aspirant to pirate king, Luffy and Blackbeard, targeting Poseidon an ancestral weapon and Vivi a relevant politician figure to finish what he started with Roger.

Just my thoughts though.
Don't you think Oda won't bring a defeated opponent as the final boss?
True Oda can change anything but the bonny's power of rejuvenation idea is kinda weird in my opinion.

God's Valley island, the name is quite interesting. I think Im should have been present in that incident! Xebec and Im are surely related to each other but how? Are they same? Find it out on the next episode of Dragon ball Z
lol

If the next chapter is not Wano act 3 I think we will get more information for this thread.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Don't you think Oda won't bring a defeated opponent as the final boss?
True Oda can change anything but the bonny's power of rejuvenation idea is kinda weird in my opinion.

God's Valley island, the name is quite interesting. I think Im should have been present in that incident! Xebec and Im are surely related to each other but how? Are they same? Find it out on the next episode of Dragon ball Z
lol

If the next chapter is not Wano act 3 I think we will get more information for this thread.
It seems that the next chapter will be the begining of act 3 and the fire festival though.

Well...we'll have to wait for the true story about Im & Xebec (i hope not 300 episodes for god's sake). :catgun:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It'd be crazy if when Garp and Roger fought him they never killed him, they just handed him over to the Celestial Dragons and he took over as Im from there all according to plan

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It'd be crazy if when Garp and Roger fought him they never killed him, they just handed him over to the Celestial Dragons and he took over as Im from there all according to plan
Would be sick. And now Luffy must finish what Roger and his grandfather started.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Crazy Idea

Now I want to believe this happened!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
CREDITS TO WHOM DID THIS RESEARCH WILL BE SAID AT THE END OF THIS CONVERSATION. AND I KNOW IT'S A LOT TO TAKE IN.

Before Jumping to conclusions, I want you guys to know about what happened Jump Festa of 2018. In Jump Festa 2018 which took place on December of 2017, ODA mentioned this in his statement :

By The End Of The Year, Something That Will Happen,
Will Be The Introduction Of A Legend Lurking In The World Of One Piece, They WILL BE THE BIGGEST ENEMY Luffy And The Others Have Ever Faced, And At Some Point They Will Stand In Our Way. Perhaps There's Someone Connected To WHITEBEARD? Ah, I've Talked A Little Too Much. The Paramount War? Can You Believe That Will Make It Look Cute By Comparison?

Furthermore ODA adds that this Lurking Legend might be related or connected to WHITEBEARD in some form or another and then this lurking legend alone will make whitebeard and the summit war look cute by comparison?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now Some People Think This Could Be Referring To KAIDO And To Be Fair There's A Lot That Supports That,

KAIDO appear within the story as an antagonist of the straw hats in 2018, he is without a doubt the strongest enemy the straw hats have ever faced and
he does have a connection with WHITEBEARD

These things could suggest that perhaps the LURKING LEGEND was just ODA referring to
KAIDO BUT that doesn't really fully add up!!!

For starters KAIDO is not a LURKING LEGEND, the term used here is “hisomu”, which represents the concept of something lurking, something that is concealed or hidden, something that is lying Dormant for its time to resurface, something that lurks is, something that has stayed hidden for a long time for a chance to make the reappearance

And Since the context here is someone who is lurking in the world of one piece itself, it means that they're hidden not just to the readers but also to the people of this world and KAIDO is not hidden he's one of the most renowned pirates in the world, So he really doesn't fit his definition

Furthermore while it's true that KAIDO finally properly appeared in 2018 to the STRAW HATS as their opponent.

It's not really his introduction, his introduction
was back in 2015. Technically KAIDO'S true introduction was in 2007 when he was first mentioned by GECKO MORIA.

SPOILER ALERT

NOW, There is someone else who perfectly fits a role of Lurking Legend, Unlikely this character has been
hidden in the World Of One Piece AND THAT PERSON IS,

Rocks D. Xebec

XEBEC is someone who was introduced back in 2018.

Only by name but that still qualifies as being introduced to the story he's someone who perfectly feeds the definition of a Legend Lurking in the world of One Piece, a brand Newly referred to the Rock's Pirates as a legendary crew and their existence has been hidden away by the World Government.

But If Xebec ever were to come back, then he would perfectly fit this definition of someone who has been
lurking in the shadows of the world of One Piece.

And Specifically this lines up with Garp's Statement in chapter 907, “It's pointless to worry while it would be a threat if they were to make a comeback and that incident would no doubt be bigger than anything we could imagine”.

Garp is quite literally stating that if Rocks were to ever make a comeback then the incident that would take place would be something beyond any of their imaginations.

And speaking of that, XEBEC does have a very close connection to WHITEBEARD, he was WHITEBEARD'S captain after all, So it all lines up but then this would imply that XEBEC IS STILL ALIVE and that he's going to come back for sure, and he will reappear and be the strongest enemy the straw hats have ever faced.

So it all ends up and In fact, pretty much implies that Xebec is still kicking and might even become a major
villain during the events after WANO, in the final saga.

I believe that in the final Saga, BLACKBEARD Is The Central Antagonist Of One Piece, he ideals his place within the story his relationship with Luffy and how he has been built up since very early on,

I mean Since the chapter one if you consider Shanks's Scar as foreshadowing, he just makes sense to be the final Antagonist and the major opponent Luffy will face in trying to become Pirate King.

And I definitely don't want blackbeard to be shouting about some random new Super Powerful Villain this late in the story.

But here's the thing we already have a problem because XEBEC is not the only major villain who has been introduced this late into the series because we have IMU to contend with,

KING IMU or IM is a major villain, someone who despite having zero feet of proof of his strength,
many believe to already be among the Strongest enemies in the series simply by the position he holds,

So given the fact that IMU exists.
And that the straw hats will most likely have to face IMU at some point in the final saga,

The truth is that we already have a super villain introduced close to the end that could easily outshine
BLACKBEARD.

So I get that people might not be happy with the concept of Xebec coming back As i'm not either.
We already have to deal with the reality that someone like IMU Exists

BUT WOULDN'T TWO MAJOR ANTAGONISTS LIKE ROX AND IMU, ON TOP OF BLACKBEARD AND OTHER
FIGURES LIKE AKAINU BE A LITTLE OVERKILL FOR THE FINAL SAGA.

Doesn't that feel like it doesn't quite make much sense

SO WHAT IF WE FLIP THIS QUESTION ON ITS HEAD,

What If This Big Great Antagonist This Lurking Legend Of Source That ODA Speaks Of,

“IS NOT XEBEC NOR IMU BUT BOTH.”

If You Think Back To It, These Two Were Introduced Simultaneously During The Reverie.

In chapter 906 We first saw IMU and In Chapter 907
‘Rox’ was first mentioned and In chapter 908 ‘IMU’ sat on the Throne Showing who he really is.

Isn't it quite peculiar that all of these events happen one after the other and most importantly of all there is one connecting piece that makes everything come together and is the fact that,

XEBEC'S AMBITION WAS TO BECOME THE KING OF THE WORLD. And Who is IMU? THE KING OF THE WORLD.

What Xebec Wanted To Become Is Who Emu Is?

Let's Say IF THESE TWO ARE NOT THE SAME PERSON? THEY ARE ATLEAST VERY DEEPLY CONNECTED.

AND IF THEY ARE THE SAME PERSON,
it would just make sense it means that XEBEC was able to fulfill his ambition to become "KING OF THE WORLD".

But Almost Everyone In The World of One Piece Never Realised This Happened, Because IMU's Existence Has Been Kept A Secret This Whole Time, Known Only To Very Few Selected Individuals.

This could have happened maybe XEBEC threatened the GOROSEI with his power, Knowledge or Status as ‘D’ or in some other form but there's definitely many-many ways that ODA could go about achieving this, so it's not like it's really something unrealistic.

There is a possibility that IMU and XEBEC could be the same person, making Zebec's role within the story
fit, even if Xebec is Not IMU which is also quite possible it's clear there is a Connection between the two of them.

ALL THE CREDIT OF THIS RESEARCH GOES TO ARTUR WHO IS AN YOUTUBER. HIS YT CHANNEL'S NAME IS, ‘The Library Of Ohara'

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Old thread but Im and xebec are two different people.

Why would such a powerful man hide inside cadtle ?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
CREDITS TO WHOM DID THIS RESEARCH WILL BE SAID AT THE END OF THIS CONVERSATION. AND I KNOW IT'S A LOT TO TAKE IN.

Before Jumping to conclusions, I want you guys to know about what happened Jump Festa of 2018. In Jump Festa 2018 which took place on December of 2017, ODA mentioned this in his statement :

By The End Of The Year, Something That Will Happen,
Will Be The Introduction Of A Legend Lurking In The World Of One Piece, They WILL BE THE BIGGEST ENEMY Luffy And The Others Have Ever Faced, And At Some Point They Will Stand In Our Way. Perhaps There's Someone Connected To WHITEBEARD? Ah, I've Talked A Little Too Much. The Paramount War? Can You Believe That Will Make It Look Cute By Comparison?

Furthermore ODA adds that this Lurking Legend might be related or connected to WHITEBEARD in some form or another and then this lurking legend alone will make whitebeard and the summit war look cute by comparison?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now Some People Think This Could Be Referring To KAIDO And To Be Fair There's A Lot That Supports That,

KAIDO appear within the story as an antagonist of the straw hats in 2018, he is without a doubt the strongest enemy the straw hats have ever faced and
he does have a connection with WHITEBEARD

These things could suggest that perhaps the LURKING LEGEND was just ODA referring to
KAIDO BUT that doesn't really fully add up!!!

For starters KAIDO is not a LURKING LEGEND, the term used here is “hisomu”, which represents the concept of something lurking, something that is concealed or hidden, something that is lying Dormant for its time to resurface, something that lurks is, something that has stayed hidden for a long time for a chance to make the reappearance

And Since the context here is someone who is lurking in the world of one piece itself, it means that they're hidden not just to the readers but also to the people of this world and KAIDO is not hidden he's one of the most renowned pirates in the world, So he really doesn't fit his definition

Furthermore while it's true that KAIDO finally properly appeared in 2018 to the STRAW HATS as their opponent.

It's not really his introduction, his introduction
was back in 2015. Technically KAIDO'S true introduction was in 2007 when he was first mentioned by GECKO MORIA.

SPOILER ALERT

NOW, There is someone else who perfectly fits a role of Lurking Legend, Unlikely this character has been
hidden in the World Of One Piece AND THAT PERSON IS,

Rocks D. Xebec

XEBEC is someone who was introduced back in 2018.

Only by name but that still qualifies as being introduced to the story he's someone who perfectly feeds the definition of a Legend Lurking in the world of One Piece, a brand Newly referred to the Rock's Pirates as a legendary crew and their existence has been hidden away by the World Government.

But If Xebec ever were to come back, then he would perfectly fit this definition of someone who has been
lurking in the shadows of the world of One Piece.

And Specifically this lines up with Garp's Statement in chapter 907, “It's pointless to worry while it would be a threat if they were to make a comeback and that incident would no doubt be bigger than anything we could imagine”.

Garp is quite literally stating that if Rocks were to ever make a comeback then the incident that would take place would be something beyond any of their imaginations.

And speaking of that, XEBEC does have a very close connection to WHITEBEARD, he was WHITEBEARD'S captain after all, So it all lines up but then this would imply that XEBEC IS STILL ALIVE and that he's going to come back for sure, and he will reappear and be the strongest enemy the straw hats have ever faced.

So it all ends up and In fact, pretty much implies that Xebec is still kicking and might even become a major
villain during the events after WANO, in the final saga.

I believe that in the final Saga, BLACKBEARD Is The Central Antagonist Of One Piece, he ideals his place within the story his relationship with Luffy and how he has been built up since very early on,

I mean Since the chapter one if you consider Shanks's Scar as foreshadowing, he just makes sense to be the final Antagonist and the major opponent Luffy will face in trying to become Pirate King.

And I definitely don't want blackbeard to be shouting about some random new Super Powerful Villain this late in the story.

But here's the thing we already have a problem because XEBEC is not the only major villain who has been introduced this late into the series because we have IMU to contend with,

KING IMU or IM is a major villain, someone who despite having zero feet of proof of his strength,
many believe to already be among the Strongest enemies in the series simply by the position he holds,

So given the fact that IMU exists.
And that the straw hats will most likely have to face IMU at some point in the final saga,

The truth is that we already have a super villain introduced close to the end that could easily outshine
BLACKBEARD.

So I get that people might not be happy with the concept of Xebec coming back As i'm not either.
We already have to deal with the reality that someone like IMU Exists

BUT WOULDN'T TWO MAJOR ANTAGONISTS LIKE ROX AND IMU, ON TOP OF BLACKBEARD AND OTHER
FIGURES LIKE AKAINU BE A LITTLE OVERKILL FOR THE FINAL SAGA.

Doesn't that feel like it doesn't quite make much sense

SO WHAT IF WE FLIP THIS QUESTION ON ITS HEAD,

What If This Big Great Antagonist This Lurking Legend Of Source That ODA Speaks Of,

“IS NOT XEBEC NOR IMU BUT BOTH.”

If You Think Back To It, These Two Were Introduced Simultaneously During The Reverie.

In chapter 906 We first saw IMU and In Chapter 907
‘Rox’ was first mentioned and In chapter 908 ‘IMU’ sat on the Throne Showing who he really is.

Isn't it quite peculiar that all of these events happen one after the other and most importantly of all there is one connecting piece that makes everything come together and is the fact that,

XEBEC'S AMBITION WAS TO BECOME THE KING OF THE WORLD. And Who is IMU? THE KING OF THE WORLD.

What Xebec Wanted To Become Is Who Emu Is?

Let's Say IF THESE TWO ARE NOT THE SAME PERSON? THEY ARE ATLEAST VERY DEEPLY CONNECTED.

AND IF THEY ARE THE SAME PERSON,
it would just make sense it means that XEBEC was able to fulfill his ambition to become "KING OF THE WORLD".

But Almost Everyone In The World of One Piece Never Realised This Happened, Because IMU's Existence Has Been Kept A Secret This Whole Time, Known Only To Very Few Selected Individuals.

This could have happened maybe XEBEC threatened the GOROSEI with his power, Knowledge or Status as ‘D’ or in some other form but there's definitely many-many ways that ODA could go about achieving this, so it's not like it's really something unrealistic.

There is a possibility that IMU and XEBEC could be the same person, making Zebec's role within the story
fit, even if Xebec is Not IMU which is also quite possible it's clear there is a Connection between the two of them.

ALL THE CREDIT OF THIS RESEARCH GOES TO ARTUR WHO IS AN YOUTUBER. HIS YT CHANNEL'S NAME IS, ‘The Library Of Ohara'

Like the idea but don't think too much of it in the greater scheme. Beginning from the "lurking legend" not being Kaido explanation to somehow it being Xebec himself, when he most likely refers to ROCKS itself. ROCKS is back in a way with Kaido's & Big Mom's alliance, what is clearly even stated on mulitple occasions in the manga. Considering that Kaido/Big Mom might be the last ROCKS members alive(highly doubt that Shiki might be coming back at this point) you could consider them being ROCKS itself.

The argument on the "lurking legend" should be over for me at this point but that Xebec somehow Imu is of course still interesting. Xebec planned to become Imu and that hints to him knowing about his/her existence and some kind of checkered past, there I feel some truth for sure. Though, you made a point, by stating the major antagonists that will come in the final arc and its super redundant. Fighting the guy who carries Xebec's will(BB), Xebec and than Akainu(who is literally just a pawn) is just not high stakes enough. It would ruin the entire imagine we had of the Marines/WG for like 15 years and would just reduce it to Akainu/Bad D. Clan. For me it would ruin a lot of depth that the WG has by having a guy on top, who is owning the planet for millennias and manipulates the world and reshapes it, instead we get an usurper 2.0 that did it only 40 years ago. Xebec clearly has an important role to play but I think BB/Shanks conflict is what we can expect being mostly related to him. And of course, his "original will" in the Void Century and what has happened with Xebec's ancestor and Joyboy, some Judas I expect that was involved in ratting the big dog out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom