Books Intellectual Corner

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Here are my latest reads

For my Goodreads 2019 Challenge I put a realistic goal of reading 12 books per year, but I've only finished one so far :dogkek::dogkek::dogkek: (the first one on this list)

obviously the genre I like is family/domestic :lazylaughplz: :pepemusic:
Do ya have all these now? Or ebooks?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I was a big fan of cirque du freak when I was in high school, but I lost interest after it kept dragging on and on.
my brother was getting into that then i made him watch some anime and he forgot all about it lol
[automerge]1565140663[/automerge]
I need to collect Preacher + DMZ + 6 Bullets + Promethea Part 2 + Before Watchmen + The Dreaming

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I forgot to mention David Eddings! ?

Belgarion series was the 1st series I read after I got too hooked on Harry Potter and couldn't wait for 4th book to come out. :LOL: (there's a sequel series but I've never been able to read it).

But the Redemtion of Althalus is like a super fav of mine.

... I like fantasy books if y'all couldn't tell. :lazylaughplz:

The exception to true fantasy would be the Clive Cussler Books. The ones about Dirk Pitt. I want NUMA to be real and give me a job ?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
really hate when your looking for certain books, comics and etc. and they are whales or oop

referring to The Dark Tower Omni or the Gunslinger Edition

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I want to recommend a psychological terror book that is so good!! And what's more, it has a really charismatic reading to it and by the end of the book, you'll end up speechless! I really enjoyed my time reading this book, so here's a picture of both fronts since both are amazing! (the one made here in my country and the original)

The Boy Who Drew Monster by Keith Donohue
"Ever since he nearly drowned in the ocean three years earlier, ten-year-old Jack Peter Keenan has been deathly afraid to venture outdoors. Refusing to leave his home in a small coastal town in Maine, Jack Peter spends his time drawing monsters. When those drawings take on a life of their own, no one is safe from the terror they inspire. His mother, Holly, begins to hear strange sounds in the night coming from the ocean, and she seeks answers from the local Catholic priest and his Japanese housekeeper, who fill her head with stories of shipwrecks and ghosts. His father, Tim, wanders the beach, frantically searching for a strange apparition running wild in the dunes. And the boy’s only friend, Nick, becomes helplessly entangled in the eerie power of the drawings. While those around Jack Peter are haunted by what they think they see, only he knows the truth behind the frightful occurrences as the outside world encroaches upon them all."
Sounds interesting, will add to my never ending to-read list :pepemusic:

Please share me the ones in ebooks..
PM sent

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I heard "Homo Sapiens" (and "Homo Deus") from Yuval Noah Harari was good. I got the book, now it's finding the time to read it.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Recently got a mix of about 3000 pdf and epob books from a friend. Had an entire folder dedicated to an author selena kitt.

I haven't read her books yet but from reading the titles i gather her books are for the true intellectuals :catdank:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Recently got a mix of about 3000 pdf and epob books from a friend. Had an entire folder dedicated to an author selena kitt.

I haven't read her books yet but from reading the titles i gather her books are for the true intellectuals :catdank:

You might wanna share that to me.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I saved this for future read even tho people said it is a bit dragged
View attachment 245
This one looks like it is inspired by "A Song of Ice and Fire", I think I will give it a try. After the disappointment that was the final season of GoT I decided to read the five available books. I'm mid-way through the fifth book

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
(Making me open up my nook...)
The Poppy Wars by RF Kuang.
It's the 1st in a new series and it has a very interesting world developed. Heavy on the military references has a bit of magic, but takes influence from twentieth century China, and throws in an underdog protagonist with spunk.

Any Sara J Maas book.
I started with Court of Thornes and Roses, 4 books. But The Glass Throne series was pretty epic as well, 7 books. If you're Under 18 don't read though. They have some rather adult moments.

Summoner Trilogy Series by Taran Matharu.
Very boy book. Again kinda military based, with magic, but not Harry Potter Magic.

Ok last one...
SpiritWalker Trilogy by Kate Elliott.
Cousins raised as sisters in a world that advanced to the Steampunk age (industrial age) and stopped. Where families with magic are the ones in charge, and people are into the idea of the French revolution (though it was only America that did revolt). The story centers around one House trying to take out the revolutionary leader and gaining power by any means necessary.
If you're into these books they are awesome and exciting, but if you're not they drag on.
I saved this for future read even tho people said it is a bit dragged
View attachment 245
What have you two done to me. Ive been addicted for days. Unable to work or do any thing other than reading. Started with the third one this morning.

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
What have you two done to me. Ive been addicted for days. Unable to work or do any thing other than reading. Started with the third one this morning.
? I've been reading both series again for the past 2 weeks.

But it's soooooo good right?!
I'm finally on the last book, but only halfway done.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
? I've been reading both series again for the past 2 weeks.

But it's soooooo good right?!
I'm finally on the last book, but only halfway done.
I went walking (exercise walking) last night and immediately afterwards downloaded the audio books cuz i was so addicted that i tried reading while walking.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
K after months and months of reading celibacy (proper reading), I started to read The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan last night, my gf bought it for me months ago for my birthday. It's the 1st book from the series called Percy Jackson and the Olympians

If I get into it and it looks like I will, since I adore these kind of adventurous reads, I'll buy sequel books from the series.

Top Bottom