Movies Joker

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Joker

Release Date: October, 3rd of 2019
Directed by: Todd Phillips
Production Company: BRON Studios, Creative Wealth Media Finance, DC Comics
Genre: Crime, drama, thriller

Synopse: Joker centers around an origin of the iconic arch nemesis and is an original, standalone story not seen before on the big screen. Todd Phillips' exploration of Arthur Fleck (Joaquin Phoenix), a man disregarded by society, is not only a gritty character study, but also a broader cautionary tale.

-------------------​

If my avy wasn't obvious enough, I'm looking forward to this movie!

Trailers:

Last edited by a moderator:

Shion

Lost Soul
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Me too!!! I heard that the festivals were pretty excited by this movie, so I'm looking forward to see it :love:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Me too!!! I heard that the festivals were pretty excited by this movie, so I'm looking forward to see it :love:
I heard they gave it an 8-minute standing ovation at Venice, lol. Lots of people have been giving it great reviews. (y)

Bit of a shame that it's intended to be a standalone movie although you never know what can happen.

Why did they give Joker a real name....
I mean they did say their movie is a lot different from the comics. Their own interpretation of Joker's origin. It's no different from comic books having alternate universes and creating new narratives on characters.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Looks pretty interesting but I am not a fan of psychological movies. Or those movies that use the silent scenes and suspension music to portray madness in a character. They just feel slow to me. Still will give this a watch, because I have to give it an opportunity!
[automerge]1567739915[/automerge]
It seems as well that there will be movements and some action so I am looking forward to it. Hoping there is a nice balance between the two.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Looking forward to seeing this. The perceived controversy around the potential for ‘inciting incel violence’ sounds a lot like the moderate leftist tendency to pigeonhole anything that is remotely empathetic to potential incel sympathizers ?.

Will be interesting to see if the claims of valorization of the joker as some sort of ‘incel terrorist anti-hero’ hold water. I hope not.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I saw this on Wednesday. Incredible is all I can say about it.

Joaquin's performance is up there alongside Heath Ledger. The combination of his acting, soundtrack, and cinematography outright made this movie feel like horror/thriller at times. All key characters had proper screentime and contributed to his personal story.

Looks pretty interesting but I am not a fan of psychological movies. Or those movies that use the silent scenes and suspension music to portray madness in a character. They just feel slow to me. Still will give this a watch, because I have to give it an opportunity!
[automerge]1567739915[/automerge]
It seems as well that there will be movements and some action so I am looking forward to it. Hoping there is a nice balance between the two.
Pacing was pretty good to me, as it didn't feel like it was a 2 hour+ movie.
Yes, there will be some "action", brutal & glorious ones at that.

Top Bottom