One Piece Kaido's natural weakness: Luffy just figured out how to defeat Kaido

Messages
181
Reaction score
347
Points
4,700
Salty Doubloons
1,224
Introduction​

Throughout the series, Luffy, who has faced many great adversaries, managed to overcome them through unique and sometimes weird ways.
One of those unique ways of defeating a very strong opponent, whose strength is vastly more powerful than Luffy's, is to find out his natural weakness and use it against him. Kaido is not the first opponent that is so strong compared to Luffy, that Luffy can't even damage/hurt him: Crocodile was the first opponent that Luffy simply couldn't even touch, needless to say defeat; while Enel was the second vastly superior ability user compared to Luffy. So how did Luffy overcome those enormous challenges? He just found out their natural weaknesses! Every DF ability 'regardless of its type' has a natural weakness, a weakness, that if used correctly, can be the deciding factor in a victory.


Kaido's natural weakness​

Throughout the Wano arc, Oda has been subtly hinting at Kaido's ultimate weakness, a weakness that is going to change the entire outcome of this arc. But first, let me introduce you all of those hints and factors that made this theory possible in first place. As you've probably noticed already, Rizo is the only scabbard who can't use a blade, but even if he can, he's skills aren't on the same level as the rest of the scabbards. All the scabbards *with exception of Rizo* can use Ryou, that's why they were able to damage Kaido; but what about Rizo? Well, he used Kaido's own fier ability against him, and surprisingly, it did some significant damage.

Another instance of Kaido being damaged by fire, is when Luffy used his new thecnique called "red rock" which utilizes fire. Luffy's "red rock" made more damage to Kaido then all of his gear 4th attacks combined, but why? Why does gear 3 attack make more damage to Kaido than all of gear 4th attacks?

Well, maybe because fier is Kaido's weakness, I thought to myself... but back then that was just a thought that I didn't give much of attention. Then, to my surprise, Kaido avoided an attack first time in the series, an attack that was 'coincidently' based on fire. Zoro's "flying dragon blaze" is a fier based attack, which he used against Ryuma. While I agree that the implication was on the sword itself, it still doesn't change the fact that the attack itself, is a fier based attack.


And now we come back to the present... in the recent chapter of "1009" Luffy used his regular "red hawk" which to surprise of many fans, forced Kaido to avoid that attack: and all of us like NANIIIII... so I thought, maybe fier is indeed Kaido's ultimate weakness!? And then, suddenly, I remembered Kaido's DF model.

Water vs Fier​

Kaido's DF is Fish–Fish fruit: Azure Dragon lol. How couldn't I figured this out earlier? I guess since I've lost great portion of my interest for one piece, it decreased my ability to pay attention.

So, where does fish live? The answer is in water! And what is the opposite of water? The answer is fier! Fier is Kaido's ultimate weakness because it's the opposite of his element, eastern Dragons are water creatures. Just like water is Crocodile's ultimate weakness because his DF element is sand, and of course Enel's lightning DF ability's weakness is Luffy's rubber. The reason why Luffy is smiling and saying "you're dodging because it hurts you" is because Luffy just figured out Kaido's weakness, and he's going to tell it to everyone.


The characters that might join the fight against Kaido​

If my theory is correct, and fier is Kaido's ultimate weakness, that means that other characters can join the fight against Kaido.
With exception of Luffy and Zoro, I haven't seen any supernova use fire, as far as I can tell Kid, Law and Killer can't use fier. That means that we might see fier ability users joining the fight against Kaido... All the characters that might join the fight against Kaido:

1. Sanji (yes, I know that chances for that are very low, but still)

2. Heat (he's like the Sanji of Kid's crew, he can use fier too)

3. Kinemon (again, the chances are low but I have to list him here)

4. Momonoske ( Momonoske can't use fier right now, but his DF might have that ability)

5. Yamato (Yamato hasn't shown any fier ability as of right now, but she might have fier based DF ability)

6. Franky (yet again, the chances are very low, but he can use fire and he has said that he will create a weapon to defeat Kaido)

7. Ussop (he can use fire too)

8. Marco (even though Marco's fire doesn't burn, it's still a fire after all)



So, what do you think!?

BTW, the final foreshadowing...

Ace was literally Kaido's natural weakness just like Luffy is Eenel's natural weakness. Ace even symbolically melted Kaido's statue as a warning to Kaido. Luffy is now carrying Ace's will and can use fier after Ace's death.
​
 
Last edited:
Messages
4,617
Reaction score
8,057
Points
12,150
Salty Doubloons
5,740
So, what do you think!?
I still think that Haki is the key.

Thats also the reason Zoro is able to cut Kaidou with Enma.

Also Kaidou seeing Whiteboard, Roger, Xebec, Shanks and Oden in Luffy after getting punced by Red Rock implies that the Key is Haki.


Why does gear 3 attack make more damage to Kaido than all of gear 4th attacks?
The explanation for this would be Luffy Not able to utilize new Haki in every punch of G4. But I would say the final punch before G4 ran out hurt Kaidou as much as Red Rock.



Another reason I highly doubt weakness.of Kaidou is fire is that Kaidou is also able to spit fire. Kaidou seems to control all classic elements.
 
Messages
181
Reaction score
347
Points
4,700
Salty Doubloons
1,224
I still think that Haki is the key.

Thats also the reason Zoro is able to cut Kaidou with Enma.
Yes, haki is very important in damaging Kaido, but it's not like he can't use hak by himself. Kaido is also a haki user, and as an Emperor I'm sure his haki is very advanced. The only reason the supernovas were able to damage Kaido is because he wasn't even trying to avoid or protect himself with haki. Kaido wasn't/isn't taking them seriously.

In a regular fight people use CoA to cover parts of their body that is going to take the hit. Kaido hasn't been doing so because he underestimated the supernovas, he thought that his toughness would be enough against them. But what if he fights them seriously? What if he starts to cover his already tough body with CoA and dodge attacks with CoO?

Oda can't get away with Kaido using the same situation as he did in Luffy vs Katakuri fight: where Katakuri was still conscious but he accepted his defeat and let Luffy get away. Oda can't do the same with Kaido! So far the supernovas were barely able to scratch Kaido, the supernovas themselves have taken way more damage than Kaido despite the fact that Kaido has already defeated the scabbards and he's full on fighting against the supernovas. Amongst all 5 supernovas only two can damage Kaido with haki the rest purely rely on their DF abilities (except Killer of course).

I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible and as realistic as possible, but if things go the way they are then there's no way the supernovas can win the fight against Kaido.
Zoro will of course get his haki/Enma moment when he will reopen the scar and Luffy will become more efficient with haki–but it's not enough, it's simply not enough.

People forget how much damage a character needs to take to be defeated, I recommend everyone to go and reread Luffy vs Crocodile, Luffy vs Enel, Luffy vs Lucci etc. And see how much damage those characters were able to withstand before being defeated. Should I remind everyone how much damage Whitbeard could take? For the supernovas to have a chance on defeating Kaido they need to be able to damage Kaido as much as they can damage themselves.
Also Kaidou seeing Whiteboard, Roger, Xebec, Shanks and Oden in Luffy after getting punced by Red Rock implies that the Key is Haki.
Of course haki is important, but it's not enough. Luffy is not going to achieve the same level of haki as Roger or Whitbeard in this arc, so I don't think that's important outside of symbolism.
The explanation for this would be Luffy Not able to utilize new Haki in every punch of G4. But I would say the final punch before G4 ran out hurt Kaidou as much as Red Rock.
Then why Kaido dodged Luffy's regular red hawk? Also, I've checked the last punch of Luffy in gear 4th, but I still don't see Kaido taking as much damage as from red rock.
Another reason I highly doubt weakness.of Kaidou is fire is that Kaidou is also able to spit fire. Kaidou seems to control all classic elements
That's not a problem, at least as far as can see. But we'll have to see to be sure...
 
Last edited:
Messages
4,617
Reaction score
8,057
Points
12,150
Salty Doubloons
5,740
The new introduced CoA seems to be sth. special and seems like only a few were/are able to use it like:
  • Roger, Whitebeard, Xebec, Oden, Shanks (implied by the shadows Kaidou was seeing)
  • Luffy just learned to utilize it
  • Zoro with the help of Enma (later he will be able to do it)
  • Rayleigh shown at Sabaody

Then we can make a few guesses who else is able to do so:
  • Garps and Sengoku since they were the only one Roger took serious (Garp also credits for God Valley)
  • Mihawk for being WSS. And its implied that he is equal to Shanks
  • Teach as Anti-Luffy should have it too (that would explain Shanks taking him serious)

I for myself doubt Big Mom and Kaidou able to utilize this kind of haki. Especially Kaidou only refers it as Odens like Haki. For me the strength of Big Mom and Kaidou is that they are natural desasters and one only being able to really hurt them with special haki. Katakuri having stronger CoO then BM already showed that Yonkou are not the strongest in every aspect.


But I agree that haki alone won't be enough. I put my bets on Luffy unlocking a new power Like awakening and that this will make him surpass the Yonkou.
 
Messages
181
Reaction score
347
Points
4,700
Salty Doubloons
1,224
I for myself doubt Big Mom and Kaidou able to utilize this kind of haki. Especially Kaidou only refers it as Odens like Haki. For me the strength of Big Mom and Kaidou is that they are natural desasters and one only being able to really hurt them with special haki. Katakuri having stronger CoO then BM already showed that Yonkou are not the strongest in every aspect.
I've heard it myself many times, some people theories that because Big Mom and Kaido are physical monsters or "natural born disasters" that they don't have advanced haki. And even though I'd agree with it, I see a big problem there... you see, in WCI Big Mom used Ryou to block Luffy's gear 4th attack,


And the Animetors went as far as showing Big Mom using Internal destruction haki when she destroyed the door of her treasury.

So ether both Oda and the Animetors made a big mistake showing Big Mom using advanced haki, or she does indeed have advanced haki. And if Big Mom has it, then the chances of Kaido having it increases drastically.

When it comes to Kaido referring to the scabbard's haki as Oden's haki.

In Kaido's introduction it said that Kaido challenged both Navy and The Yonko. And in Wano, Hyori said that Enma is the only blade to scar/wound Kaido; she didn't say anything about Ameno Habakiri or any other blade, she spiceficly mentions Enma. Again, I wanna point out that she doesn't say that Enma is one of the blades, she spiceficly points out Enma using the article THE. But at the same time, form Kaido's introduction, we know that Kaido has fought against Admirals and Yonko; we know as a fact that Kaido has fought at least against Shanks. But yet, despite of it all, no one managed to scar Kaido! I think that Kaido's confusion comes from the fact that someone managed to cut his skin to that degree. I think what Oda implies here, is that the level of your haki doesn't matter, the only thing that can cut Kaido's skin is Enma and only Enma. Kaido thinks that Oda was able wound him because of his unique haki, he just simply doesn't know it was Enma. Even Big Mom has pointed out that Enma isn't a regular sword, all the attention is to Enma and not Zoro's haki (which is strong btw) so I think Kaido is just confused.
 
Messages
4,617
Reaction score
8,057
Points
12,150
Salty Doubloons
5,740
And even though I'd agree with it, I see a big problem there... you see, in WCI Big Mom used Ryou to block Luffy's gear 4th attack,
I disagree here. Big Mom clearly did not use advanced Ryou then she would have deflected the attack, but she blocked it.


Sure it looks like she uses an Aura, but I actually think BM used her pendant to Luffys G4 or Katakuris Diced Mochi with which she was able to drain Luffys haki. It is implied by the flame patterns. (And the drain by Luffy being suprised that G4 ended fast, afterwards he used G4 again against Katakuri without having a break before)
Flame patterns on BMs left arm said:

Also there are 2 kinds of advanced Ryou
The left one used by many strong characters (also 3 Admirals used it to block WBs Attack), but thats not the special one. The right one is the special one and that seems to be a haki only a few character can use.
I have to admit it looks like Anime Big Mom have sth. Like this, but it is Anime only and thus Animators might have fucked up.

Even Big Mom has pointed out that Enma isn't a regular sword, all the attention is to Enma and not Zoro's haki (which is strong btw) so I think Kaido is just confused.
Enma uses the Haki of the User. Thus it shows Zoros potential. Btw we know both swords of Oden cut Kaidou thats why the scar is a cross.
 
Last edited:
Messages
181
Reaction score
347
Points
4,700
Salty Doubloons
1,224
I disagree here. Big Mom clearly did not use advanced Ryou then she would have deflected the attack, but she blocked it.


Sure it looks like she uses an Aura, but I actually think BM used her pendant to Luffys G4 or Katakuris Diced Mochi with which she was able to drain Luffys haki. It is implied by the flame patterns. (And the drain by Luffy being suprised that G4 ended fast, afterwards he used G4 again against Katakuri without having a break before)
Well, I guess in case of haki we just have to wait and see.
The left one used by many strong characters (also 3 Admirals used it to block WBs Attack), but thats not the special one. The right one is the special one and that seems to be a haki only a few character can use.
I have to admit it looks like Anime Big Mom have sth. Like this, but it is Anime only and thus Animators might have fucked up.
I mentioned the difference between those two haki, one destroys things from within (I call it the internal destruction haki) and the other is just aura type haki.
Enma uses the Haki of the User. Thus it shows Zoros potential. Btw we know both swords of Oden cut Kaidou thats why the scar is a cross
Oda tries to be as ambiguous as possible by creating a mess that confuses people. Yes, both blades cut Kaido, but if you can fully control Enma, then I'm sure you can distribute the haki that Enma pulled from you equally between your blades. Throughout Wano arc Enma has been hyped again and again... no one has ever said anything about Ameno Habakiri, at all. No one has ever mentioned one special ability that Ameno Habakiri has, or warned Momo about its danger etc. Hyori spiceficly says that Enma is the only blade to wound Kaido, she simply doesn't say anything about Ameno Habakiri.

Yes, it is possible that Oda lied in the manga or maybe he just changed his mind about Enma, I don't know. But if there's something that is still little bit consistent in one piece, is what characters say or claim. If we find out that Hyori lied to Zoro for absolutely no reason, that Enma is the only blade (and I'm sorry but you can't be more clear than that) then I will stop making theories because one piece will lose the lost piece of credibility that it has. And once again, Hyori says the only blade, not one of the blades or amongst the blades, but the only blade.
 
Messages
1,042
Reaction score
5,744
Points
7,300
Salty Doubloons
3,259
Ace was literally Kaido's natural weakness just like Luffy is Eenel's natural weakness. Ace even symbolically melted Kaido's statue as a warning to Kaido. Luffy is now carrying Ace's will and can use fier after Ace's death.
I don't think this to be true . It has been implied that the marines tried to kill Kaido in numerous ways ,they would have tried using fire . Akainu could just do that , he is also one of the strongest . Killing kaido over tons of marines and civilian casualties would have been his way . Having said that we don't know if they fought .
Like Nessos said , Haki will be the key but it will take a team effort and hence Big Mom is out of the picture for now .
However I don't see Kaido defeated in this act ,maybe some hints for him to be defeated . We are just getting reveals of his past story through CP 0 and a lot is yet to come .
The new introduced CoA seems to be sth. special and seems like only a few were/are able to use it like:
  • Roger, Whitebeard, Xebec, Oden, Shanks (implied by the shadows Kaidou was seeing)
  • Luffy just learned to utilize it
  • Zoro with the help of Enma (later he will be able to do it)
  • Rayleigh shown at Sabaody
I believe Kadio couldn't defeat them,that's his regret. Judging by his demeanor ,he lives for the fight .
It took several days for the fight between Akainu and Aokiji (i forgot the actual days) . It is just how Top Tier fights work ,they attract attention and bring calamities .
Until now Luffy and the SHP were in conflict with the commanders and now they are actually in Yonko/Admiral territory . So I think to put them into that pedestal and separate them from others, they should be able to use Ryou .
Sure it looks like she uses an Aura, but I actually think BM used her pendant to Luffys G4 or Katakuris Diced Mochi with which she was able to drain Luffys haki. It is implied by the flame patterns. (And the drain by Luffy being suprised that G4 ended fast, afterwards he used G4 again against Katakuri without having a break before)
Also there are 2 kinds of advanced Ryou
"Ocean Sovereignty" might be a form of Ryou . Rather than kinds of Ryou, it may be that there are degrees of abilities surrounding Ryou . Oda has always shied away from quantifying power levels . The only one (Bounty) that he used has been subject to speculation .
Haki has always been associated with the state of mind ,rather willpower. Through Luffy's journey we have seen him judging people by it , like how he trusted Yamato , his fight with Katakuri or his training with Rayleigh. Oden and Roger were similar . Both Zoro and Rayleigh have been antithesis to this ,the later being called Dark King makes sense here .
 
Messages
181
Reaction score
347
Points
4,700
Salty Doubloons
1,224
I don't think this to be true . It has been implied that the marines tried to kill Kaido in numerous ways ,they would have tried using fire . Akainu could just do that , he is also one of the strongest . Killing kaido over tons of marines and civilian casualties would have been his way . Having said that we don't know if they fought .
The killing Kaido stuff is there just to hype him up. I'm pretty sure that if The Navy/WG wanted to kill him no matter what, then they would have fed him with a second devil fruit which would have killed him for sure. They also would try to drown him in the sea etc. My point is that Kaido can be killed, it's just that nobody tried very hard. Also, if Kaido was truly unkillable then he wouldn't have said this words...

It's crystal clear that Kaido can be killed, Kaido himself admits that. He admits that Oden could have killed him if it wasn't for his cheating against him.

When it comes to Akainu part: it was said that one on one bet on Kaido, I don't know how much credible it is, but it was said so nonetheless. So based on that information I'd assume that in one on one Akainu loses to Kaido regardless of Kaido's weakness. Also, just because fier is Kaido's weakness it doesn't mean that he's powerless against it, Crocodile was able fight and still overpowered Luffy dispite being weakened by water; Enel was also more than capable of fighting Luffy thanks to mantra. So, even if I'm right and fier is indeed Kaido's weakness, it will not guarantee the victory for the supernovas, what it will do, is that it will allow all the supernovas to do some damage to Kaido. Currently there are only two supernovas (Luffy and Zoro) who can damage Kaido, the rest (Kid and Law) are purely relying on their DF abilities, which are clearly not enough. Killer has only one attack that can hurt Kaido, but that's not relevant... what I'm trying to say, is that for the supernovas to a have chance against Kaido, each and every one of those supernovas should be able to do some damage to Kaido, and the weakness against fier can be the answer for them.
 
Messages
1,042
Reaction score
5,744
Points
7,300
Salty Doubloons
3,259
The killing Kaido stuff is there just to hype him up. I'm pretty sure that if The Navy/WG wanted to kill him no matter what, then they would have fed him with a second devil fruit which would have killed him for sure. They also would try to drown him in the sea etc. My point is that Kaido can be killed, it's just that nobody tried very hard. Also, if Kaido was truly unkillable then he wouldn't have said this words...
I didn't say Kaido cannot be killed .
However I don't see Kaido defeated in this act ,maybe some hints for him to be defeated . We are just getting reveals of his past story through CP 0 and a lot is yet to come .
When it comes to Akainu part: it was said that one on one bet on Kaido, I don't know how much credible it is, but it was said so nonetheless. So based on that information I'd assume that in one on one Akainu loses to Kaido regardless of Kaido's weakness. Also, just because fier is Kaido's weakness it doesn't mean that he's powerless against it, Crocodile was able fight and still overpowered Luffy dispite being weakened by water; Enel was also more than capable of fighting Luffy thanks to mantra.
Akainu is no saint . He would bring a shit ton of people with him ,and he would have an upper hand if fire is advantageous against Kaido .
 
Messages
181
Reaction score
347
Points
4,700
Salty Doubloons
1,224
I didn't say Kaido cannot be killed .



Akainu is no saint . He would bring a shit ton of people with him ,and he would have an upper hand if fire is advantageous against Kaido .
And that's why Kaido was captured 18 times and sentenced to death 7 times. Kaido lost to Admirals already since he was captured and sentenced to death, and we know it as a fact.
 
Top Bottom