Current Events Katakuri freed Jimbei and Germa

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
i wouldn't waste my time and my army wait in a certain island knowing the uncertainty of them arriving them... looks like you're telling us that all of Germa has future sight? lol
Your presuming that lol

Its common knowledge that BM is after SH's if the Marines are able to tap into the convo with BM and Kaido.

Besides Katakuri would know what BM is after being the top commander so he could easily be informed and know what his own mom would do

Reactions: Rej
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
exactly the point.. there's no way Kata would do this.. Did yall see how passionate Kata is a child and big brother? Betraying would be the last think on his head.. maybe he could influence his siblings in the future to influence their mom but too far-fetched..
[automerge]1585909993[/automerge]

i wouldn't waste my time and my army wait in a certain island knowing the uncertainty of them arriving them... looks like you're telling us that all of Germa has future sight? lol
It is. I mean Big Mom getting redeemed would be the last thing I would think of. Whether or not they get influenced later down the road doesn't really matter but chances are Big Mom crew will start to crumble even if one member leaves the crew

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Its common knowledge that BM is after SH's if the Marines are able to tap into the convo with BM and Kaido.
that is if Kata indeed freed them Germa and Fishmen..
If so, do you think Kata doing this betrayal would do him a sense of character development?
It doesn't portray someone as enthralling as him doing this backstabbing.. that's an abrupt delussional manfestation of character demerit.

yes it's common knowledge that BM is still after the giants, but Germa doesn't have something to do with them.. the last thing Germa would realise is fighting without return.. they are in fact an advanced form of hired killers.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think the OP community (not saying you do so in your post or in general on this site) has to stop to ship the Luffy - Katakuri friendship stuff. Katakuri respects Luffy and v.v..
I also doubt that the BM pirates would imprison Germa and Sun pirates. Enough is enough with all this capturing. If there was a real combat, BM pirates would have killed their enemies. You can not stir up shit and then only get thrown into prison all the time. There is no need for BM to keep Germa or the Sun pirates alive if there was a real combat.
I guess we will see a short flashback of what happened. SP and Germa buy time, and either a)have no casualties And go their separates ways or b) Jinbei loses his men and we get a sad goodbye that makes Jinbei even more dedicated to his cause.
But if it were b), i doubt that Jinbei would be so happy whilst introducing himself.

The only thing that stands against the theory of “just buying time and escaping“ is the time gap.

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I'll go step by step why Jimbei escaping is not really possible

- Jimbei stayed as rear guard - rear guards job is to give as much time as possible for the main army to escape to the point of sacrificing their numbers.
- Jimbei running of the moment last WCI chapter rolls contradicts everything he was supposed to do - buying as much time as he can to Luffy and rest of SH's to escape
- If Jimbei escaped there and then he might as well catch up to Luffy since they weren't that far off and Fishmen are faster in the sea
- And if Jimbei tried to escape you have Oven who can boil the sea , Big Mom/Perospero chaining the weather and creating tsunami's

But lets ignore all of that and say Jimbei indeed did escape

- Big Mom reached Wano 2 weeks before Jimbei
- If Jimbei escaped he should have had a fresh start compared to Big Mom and reach Wano before her
- Jimbei only reached Wano 2 weeks BM/Luffy did
- BM never showed any notion of Germa and Sun Pirate escaping, in fact she was happy as all hell when reaching Wano without a worry in her mind

With all that combined - i just can't see any justifiable reason how Jimbei managed to somehow escape the war and at the same time be 2 weeks late compared to BM he escaped from.

So bcs of that i believe Jimbei and Germa were captured and thrown into Jail to be tortured.
Big Mom left for Wano and Only Katakuri stayed on WCI

Katakuri - Brulee - Pudding are 3 characters that are sympathetic towards SH pirates and if WCI proved one thing it is how little BM thinks of her family

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think the OP community (not saying you do so in your post or in general on this site) has to stop to ship the Luffy - Katakuri friendship stuff. Katakuri respects Luffy and v.v..
I also doubt that the BM pirates would imprison Germa and Sun pirates. Enough is enough with all this capturing. If there was a real combat, BM pirates would have killed their enemies. You can not stir up shit and then only get thrown into prison all the time. There is no need for BM to keep Germa or the Sun pirates alive if there was a real combat.
I guess we will see a short flashback of what happened. SP and Germa buy time, and either a)have no casualties And go their separates ways or b) Jinbei loses his men and we get a sad goodbye that makes Jinbei even more dedicated to his cause.
But if it were b), i doubt that Jinbei would be so happy whilst introducing himself.

The only thing that stands against the theory of “just buying time and escaping“ is the time gap.
finally someone understands.. great catch..

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Didn't his monologue hinted that he caused trouble for his people...most likely some of died while escaping

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yeah some people need to stop taking this whole Luffy and Katakuri friendship thing way too seriously, Katakuri respected Luffy after the fight but it doesn't mean they are suddenly friends and that he's going to betray his own crew and leave like some people think he is. Katakuri is still loyal to his crew and cares greatly for his family, he's not the type of person who would betray them. Remember that Senor Pink ended up respecting Franky during their fight as well and he still never betrayed his crew, anyways I highly doubt Jinbe got captured and then freed he most likely went into the ocean and quickly swam away.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yeah i think Katakuri did something and freed Jinbe

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
:pepemusic: cool idea, I agree both Pudding and Kata could have freed Jinbei when he was held captive by Mama

Chris Mic

Enjoy Vertigo!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I sure hope Katakuri contributed, but part of me also worries that Jinbe and everyone else only escaped with a year in their lifespans or something, and Big Mom only let them go because she collectively stole all but 1 year off all their lifespans. Then again, Jinbe doesn't fear Big Mom so... REALLY WISHING THE DONUT KING FREED SHARKBOY :pepebounti:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Maybe Jinbe was just badly injured and needed to recover for almost 2 weeks after escaping before heading to Wano.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I am still into belief that Jimbei tried to track where the grand fleet is in the present and tried to tell them where to go...
i mean, we have seen side tracks of the grand fleet's adventure and departure from their home countries so i still a light that they are somewhat headed elsewhere.
[automerge]1586020865[/automerge]
I am still into belief that Jimbei tried to track where the grand fleet is in the present and tried to tell them where to go...
i mean, we have seen side tracks of the grand fleet's adventure and departure from their home countries so i still a light that they are somewhat headed elsewhere.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I still haven't totally given up on my Jinbe homie :larsicry:.

Jinbe having been left free to go after gambling away the majority his lifespan on Big Mom's Wheel of Misfortune would still leave plenty of avenues open. Granted, could just be wishful thinking on my part, but it certainly would amp up the drama and cement Jinbe's noble character if it were revealed he'd come to the Strawhats' aid despite being on his last legs in terms of lifespan. All the more so if there's a powerful homie packing what life was taken from him endangering his crew. But then, the case of Charlotte Moscato demonstrated that lifespan could be returned to its original body, so it could present a means of saving his life.

I wanna believe Oda's going for a two-pronged fake-out to swerve readers' expectations, particularly those of us who foresaw him suffering a terrible fate : ha, fooled you, Jinbe was okay all this time...DOUBLE PSYCHE, Jinbe's totally not okay, he's close to dying. Would also neatly account for a previous hole in the Jinbe Homie theory I didn't previously have an answer for in said scenario: why keep a (near) lifeless Jinbe around after already created a homie using the bulk or entirety of his lifespan? Answer: she simply let him go after getting what she wanted out of him, partly out of spite and mockery.

Mamamama go live out what few pitiful weeks you have remaining however you wish. Go join up with Strawhat if you want, you can all die together. Consider it as a last merciful gift for all your years of service Mamamama.

Could also present a potential power-up opportunity for Jinbe too. Might be a stretch, but given that scene which depicted Jinbe explicitly noting the power inherent in Big Mom's syncing up her soul with her homie weapons, it leads me to believe there's a possibility of Jinbe gaining his own homie weapon -- one powered by some amount of his own lifeforce.

It's a lot of wild and nigh baseless speculation, I know. I just can't help but feel Oda's got a load of plot twists heading our way. I'd also be lying if I said I wasn't secretly hoping for such too; not just for validation of my theories, but out of a desire for Oda to give us something more imaginative than something as formulaic and generic as all of the Strawhats' allies joining up, the Onigashima Raid going off without a significant hitch, Luffy defeating Kaido to become a Yonko, and everyone on Wano living happily ever after. Fuck dat noise.
[automerge]1586259168[/automerge]
The only big question that remains is "What about Pekoms?". He was catched and they gauge his eyes. I hope Germa somehow saved him otherwise he is most likely dead.
Same as Jinbe, I could see Big Mom likewise having subjected him to the Wheel of MIsfortune before letting him go, leading to the creation of some plushy-looking Mock Turtle homie infused with the bulk of his lifespan, complete with cute literal button eyes. Something like that.

Pekoms may've accompanied JInbe to Wano se he can hook up with the Mink contingent there. I dunno, just don't feel Oda would kill Pekoms off entirely. He's had two close calls already, maybe this was his last. Pekoms showing up minus an eye or two would probably give the Minks a further motivational boost, maybe a second wind if necessary.

I feel like Oda's setting up a showdown in endurance and persistence between the Beast Pirates and the Strawhat Alliances in the finale of Wano ( post-Oniganshima Raid failure imho ); nigh-unkillable Kaido and hard-to-putdown Zoans vs. a battered but mentally resilient Luffy and Co. A (half?) blinded Pekoms whose lifeline was cut short would play well into that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom