Island Las Camp

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: marz
The big mean dog... wolf... animal would give the crew pause, but the Captain's movement and the white haired beast's calming, but still begrudging gaze caused the crew to rethink their request for shelter. However they didn't have much of a choice now did they? Coming along side they came aboard, slowly. "Thank you for saving us from that Mon..." One of the crewmen greeted before being swiftly elbowed in the ribs.

Even calmed by the blonde haired woman Fenrir would still grunt, suspiciously at the scene.

The finely dressed man approached and bowed to the Captain of the boat. "Thank you Captain. My name is Elmer, I am-was the first officer of the Agatha Marie. We were attacked..." He looked nervous as if she would kick them off the boat, however he swallowed his fear and spoke. "By a sea monster, it had long arms with claws and broke the masts on the Agatha and turned her on her side." He explained. "We barely made to to the life boats. And as soon as it showed up, it was gone!" He became excited thinking about it.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: tobethriller
Marine has roused from a fitful slumber, earlier than sunrise. This was rather uncharacteristic of Sura, who is usually considered a sleepyhead by most of his peers. "Today is special." he thought as he rose and sat upright on his bed. He reached out for an envelope lying on the small desk next to him. He pulls out the letter inside the envelope and with a subtle smile on his face, reminisces the day he received this letter.

It was a couple of weeks after he officially became a Marine Ensign and was still doing little more than basic chores at Las Camp. Despite being someone who already has a good amount of experience sailing the harsh seas as an infamous explorer, he was not offended by the fact that the Marines treated him no different from the other new recruits. In fact, being the principled man he is, he respected the unbiased treatment he received. Nonetheless, he was more than willing to drop his broom at any moment and run out to the Sea and join higher ranked Marine officers on their journeys to capture the scumbags of the sea. So it comes as no surprise that when he received a letter notifying him that he could finally be a part of a proper Marine expedition, he was exhilarated.

Sura read the letter again word by word to relive that ecstatic moment. This time though, it wasn't ecstasy he experienced but rather shock. Shocked to find out that the day he was supposed to meet the crew was yesterday, he sprang out of his bed and quickly donned his uniform and grabbed his already packed luggage (he was prepared to leave any moment after the day he received that precious letter), and grabbed the pack of 'Navy Gold' cigarettes on his table before rushing out of his room. He didn't even care to lock the door behind him, there was nothing of much value to him left in that room anyway. He was half expecting the ship to be long gone but still rushed to the dock without a second thought. Once at the dock, and finding no ship, he slapped his face in shame and disappointment. He was eagerly waiting for an opportunity such as this for a while now and has already made a gaffe. It was apparent now that he may be experienced as a sailor and an explorer, but lacks the discipline and work ethic that makes a Marine. This is why he must start from the bottom of the rank ladder.

Wasting no more time, he glanced at the surface of the sea and was able to discern a slight disturbance in the water along with a very faint stream of bubbles. He was shrewd enough to deduce that a ship had just recently left the dock. He places his hand just above his eyebrows, with his palm facing the ground to block the sunlight from intruding his line of sight as he gazed sharply at the horizon. He noticed a ship in the distance which he recognized as a Marine ship. Upon inquiring a fellow Marine who was also present at the dock, he was able to confirm that was indeed the ship that Ms. Nihoff set sail on not too long ago. This is the ship he was supposed to board yesterday. He quickly takes a small rowboat and sets off in hopes of catching it.

Quite a bit of intense rowing later, Sura decided to relax for a brief moment as he was confident he would catch up to the crew soon. He reached into his shirt's pocket and pulls out a cigarette from the pack he brought along. He taps the filter end of the cigarette gently on his wrist a couple of times before putting it in his mouth and thereupon, lights it with his lighter. He inhaled deeply as the effect of the nicotine gave him a pleasant 'buzz' and slowly let it out.

**A little note on Navy Gold, the brand of cigarettes that Sura often prefers: Navy Gold is a popular brand of cigarettes in North Blue. They were specially crafted for the members of the Marines and were made using the highest quality of tobacco grown in all of the North Blue. It's a favorite among several other Marines at Las Camp.**

He was now primarily concerned with how to approach his next predicament, Ms. Nihoff herself. He has never met her in person but has heard enough about her to know that she would be the last person to let such a blunder go with nothing more than fair warning. He was preparing himself to be reprimanded for his....'fuck up' to put it bluntly.

Not long after he was done smoking his first cigarette of the day, Sura noticed the ship had come to a halt. He also spotted the wreckage of the Agatha Marie and concluded that Ms. Nihoff and co. were probably in the midst of rescuing survivors. Nevertheless, as his boat approached the ship he stood up straight and raised his arm to salute his superior in a typical Marine fashion, with the back of his hand facing forward. He shouted out, in a rather unsophisticated manner, but with respect nonetheless

"LIEUTENANT NIHOFF, AND CAPTAIN OF THE 159TH BRANCH OF THE MARINES! I AM SURA, ENSIGN AT LAS CAMP! I WAS NOTIFIED THAT I'VE BEEN ASSIGNED TO YOU FOR A MARINE PATROL MISSION! I AM EXTREMELY SORRY FOR BEING LATE! I SHALL NOT REPEAT ANYTHING LIKE THIS AGAIN IN THE FUTURE! I WILL BE SINCERE AND PUNCTUAL FROM NOW ON! PLEASE ALLOW ME TO BE PART OF YOUR CREW! I ASSURE YOU THAT I WILL TAKE MY RESPONSIBILITIES SERIOUSLY AND NOT LET YOU DOWN!"

while completely ignoring the obvious presence of the wreckage right next to his boat. He remained in this stiff salute position awaiting Ms. Nihoff's response, paying no heed to the fact that his boat is slowly, yet steadily heading straight towards the wreckage.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: godfish

Well, the Captain didn't seem worried at least, so for the moment Swan would put his concerns aside - though not his weapons, keeping both ready at hand if these merchants and civilians were up to something - and move off to bring them on board. As Kaelem started going to find a rope to hoist them up however, he quickly decided the process was too inefficient, and leaving the cook to it, picked up his bag of tools and got to work. Before Kaelem had gotten the last from the first boat done, Swan stood back from his work with a smile. "There!" Attached to the side of the boat by removable clamps was an automatic rope winch, allowing the remaining lifeboat to be hauled up straight out of the water up to the deck for easy and quick exiting. At which point two things happened at almost once, the reveal that they had been attacked by a sea monster! A Sea King, this far from the Grand Line? Small ones did come out occasionally, but that was amazingly bad luck for both crews - and then someone shouting about them being late from... a tiny boat, did he sail all the way here?? In Sea King water too, how mad could you get!

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: miserum
-Wafer didn't like that.

While he dared not speak out against a superior officer, the look of immense offense lingering in his eyes spoke volumes. He was a doctor. He treated people. Part of treating the injured was being willing to cut into them and perform complex surgeries that would make them better. Of all the unmitigated gall! To call him a butcher because he did not balk or get squeamish, but instead reveled in the opportunity to patch up the injured and help was an affront only surpassed by her followup he most certainly heard. He was going to remember that...

Setting off the assist Kaelem on the first boat, and stepping aside to let Swan do his thing with the second, Wafer's expression took to an unnerving aloofness that showed little to no interest in the individuals brought aboard as he gave them only casual glances to inspect for wounds calling for treatment, immediate or otherwise. His passiveness endured, even as a fellow marine yelled in a most obnoxious fashion from a rowboat he was the only occupant of.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: problematic
Einhardt was more than pleased to have her suspicions proven wrong by all three of her subordinates. More than half was good enough to get a pass from her for the moment given her previous doubts so all three of them obeying orders without question was truly a blessing so far as she was concerned.

Then Swan even did better than expected and whipped up a quick winch device to pull up ships faster and with little effort to make it a one man job. She was incredibly pleased with this development, but as they were getting the men from the shipwreck on board it wasn't yet the time for heavy amounts of praise.

At the same time, she recognized that her words had caused Oxmelon a great deal of dislike toward her, but for the moment she'd simply take his silence as a blessing that he wasn't talking about festering wounds or cutting people open for a time while they had guests on board. Just as she needed to take a moment to give Swan a bit of thanks, she also needed to discuss the ins and outs of proper social etiquette with Oxmelon and hopefully hash out their building differences. Unfortunately, she was much too busy at the moment.

The cut off thanks of one of the onboarding crew made Ein raise a questioning brow, but it seemed as though the rest of the men were adamant of their position on not sharing their story till they were fully on board, so Ein wouldn't press the matter any further till the lot of them were fully on the ship. It was good for them that they kept their word and Ein's curiosity was quickly quenched not long after the last of them had stepped onto the deck. As the story was explained in brief detail, the female lieutenant looked concerned, but also largely curious.

"Are you trying to tell me that you were attacked by a Sea King? Here?" she emphasized. "I can't say as I've ever heard of a Sea King coming in this close to Las Camp. Are you absolutely certain of what you saw?" she attempted to affirm. "A Sea King wrecking ships in this area could turn out to be incredibly problematic if left unchecked." She stroked her chin between thumb and forefinger as she considered her possible options from here. "Something like this will need investigation to ensure that it doesn't remain an issue, but before then I'll make sure that you and your crew are dropped off on dry land before you're forced to ride with us as we seek out the beast that sank your ship."

The sudden shouting at that point was what got her attention, blinking quickly and turning her attention overboard back toward the shipwreck to find a lone marine in a rowboat giving a salute. She approached the railing with her hands behind her back now as she took in everything he had to say. Her expression was stern and stone-faced as she took in everything that he had to say and mulled it over in her head. Finally, she formed an appropriate answer.

"You've permission to come aboard," she answered with a rigidly practiced, quick salute. "Know, however, that this is only because of the dedication that you showed by rowing your way all the way out to sea to catch up to us. A lesser man would be left behind and discarded without a second thought. Still, I'll require a full report to be filed explaining the reasons for your tardiness. I only tolerate a certain level of-..." She paused suddenly. "Uh..." Her stern expression broke into something more worrisome and surprised as the new member of her marine branch was now less than a second away from colliding head on with what was left of the Agatha Marie. Even she would lack the reaction speed to prevent him from the crash he was about to experience.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: freeray
Kaelem kept his mouth clamped tightly as the exchange happened. The sudden increase in tension was palpable in the very air. He could not help but take a glance at the two as one radiated pure… negativity. The sketchiness of the civilians stopping one another from telling the full story only fueled that tension. And that lady and gentlemen, is why I keep my mouth shut, Kaelem thought to himself.

Once Swan rigged up a on man way of getting the last boat up, Kaelem took a step away from the situation, keeping a wary eye on Wafer until Kaelem made his way back to the railings of the ship. He watched the wreck and… was that a rowboat? Apparently, there was another member of their unit they left behind. With far more dedication than he would have been able to muster. The jarring nature of it all did make Kaelem a little slow on the realization of what kind of path the rowboat was taking. Least to say, he was not going to be thinking quickly enough to give a word of warning by the time he noticed the spectacle.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Elmer would nod at Ein as she spoke, in response to the question about the Sea King. "Yes, Ma'am. I'd say it was a Sea King... I don't think anyone got a good look at it... It just attacked so fast and wrecked the Ole' Marie like she was made of match sticks." He would shake his head thinking about his, suppressing a shiver. "Soon as I realized what was happening, I was in the water and the thing was gone." He explained, before turning to look at one of the crew.

When she spoke about going to investigate the Sea King the crew of the Agatha Marie started to murmur, whispering to each other before being silenced by a sharp look from Elmer. Their concerns were soon allayed by Ein's mention of dropping them on dry land. "Thank you Captain." Elmer said respectfully and saluted.

Another faint scent on the wind... this one however was a Marine. They'd sailed nearly a day, but somehow there was a Marine out here, putting his fore paws onto the railing Fenrir looked out at the other Marine who was asking for permission to come aboard. It was odd, usually people asked for permission to come aboard on the pier. And here this schmuck was asking to come aboard out at sea.... It didn't bode well. What was even less well was the a course he'd set his rowboat onto while distracted. "Woof! Woof!" Fenrir warned loudly the only one seemingly able to get any kind of warning out.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The instant he heard the words "You've permission to come aboard", Sura relaxed his saluting arm and a shy smile broke his awkwardly serious expression.

"Woof woof"

"What's that?" Sura thought to himself before he looked around and a fluffy, large, four legged fur ball caught his attention. It was a...big dog....err....wolf maybe? It was barking right at him. It wasn't until it was too late that Sura realized the dog was warning him about the wreckage now just a split second away from capsizing his (quite frankly, extremely inadequately sized) boat. Sura's late reaction didn't help him avoid crashing into the wreckage. He was thrown into the water after the crash made the tiny boat extremely unstable.

The large bag carrying all his supplies was still in the boat. He swam towards the Marine ship while pushing his boat along. A fellow Marine on board the ship throws him a rope using which he securely tied the boat to the ship. The fellow Marine pulls the boat up along with Sura who is standing in it with his large bag on his back. Sura steps into the ship and catches a much closer glance of Ms. Nihoff, his soon-to-be boss. Sura found the stern look on her face quite intimidating despite towering over her by around 3 and a half feet. This woman looks like one who commands respect.

However, showing respect was something Sura wasn't competent at all. After all, he was never disciplined well after his father passed away.

"Thank you Ms. Nihoff for letting me on board, I'm glad to be working with you."

Sura casually says before quickly glancing around the ship. He realizes the situation.
Those not in Marine uniforms were the survivors of the shipwreck he just crashed into. His fellow crew mates were rescuing them.

He begins walking towards the stairs to the lower deck without as much as waiting for Ms. Nihoff to say something or offering to help the crew out. He finds a large Wolf standing in his path and with no hesitation kneels down and starts petting it.

"Awwww, how cute!" He exclaimed while brushing both his hands along the Wolf's soft fur. He hadn't realized the Wolf had an angry expression on his face....perhaps he pet it too soon?

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"If we're finished here, I'm going to go below and get my things situated. Assuming any of you were harmed in the attack, I advise you come one by one according to the severity of your injuries. Those not injured will report for a quick inspection after their crewmates have been checked. I'm going to confirm that none of you have contracted anything nasty from the attack. Superstitious 'black death' marks, bacterial infections, possible toxins...I will be checking for all of these things and I expect nothing short of your complete and total submission and understanding to my better judgment."

Having said that, Wafer did not waste time engaging his new crewmate or even seeking the captain's approval. He knew this was something that needed to be done. If something had happened, it was entirely possible they'd be letting them off on land to cause countless problems. Far better to take care of it now and get it over with. Furthermore, he needed the distraction. The alternative was lingering on deck with only his anger and instinct to guide him through the motions of working on a ship. So when he was clear, he slipped by the wolf and tall'n'tardy to head below and do just as he said in getting everything ready.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Swan watched the new arrival's trip with a frozen look of horrified fascination on his face as the rowboat inevitably made its way into the wreckage. It was only when it finally threw him overboard that Swan broke free of the trance, starting for the rail on that side to peer over into the water, "He didn't have a dev..." Trailing off when it became clear that the newest arrival was swimming, the Vice-Captain of the ship stepped back from the rail, relaxing, and hit the newly constructed winch with a wrench to send the ropes back down for him to use.

Leaving the dripping marine to his fate on board, Swan took a look at the still obviously hiding something survivors from the ship, then went back to the rail to peer over into the water. "No sign of a Sea King around right now at least... Weird that it left without eating everyone in the water though, that's usually what they do."

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
As her late recruit dumped himself into the water, Ein first checked to make sure that he wasn't drowning before finding it appropriate to perform a slow face palm of embarrassment. She was beginning to wonder if this wasn't some sort of social experiment to see how long a crew of awkward goof-offs could survive on the open seas with a single inexperienced figure of authority to guide them.

By the time Sura's salt water soaked head was beginning to peak over the rail while his boat was hauled up, Ein was casually discussing her plans with Elmer. They'd be returning to Las Camp presently given that it was the crew's destination before the ship was sunk and it was where Ein and her marine branch had only just recently departed from. It would certainly cut into their travel time to return from whence they'd just come, but it was all for the best considering they were helping out some helplessly stranded civilians.

At Sura's thanks, Ein turned to address him, briefly interrupting her conversation with the captain of the other ship. Wait... what? She scanned the boat quickly at the realization that he'd already taken off on her only to spot him as he was approaching Fenrir, presumably on his way to the lower deck. Hopefully his agenda was that he was changing his clothes into something dry and then coming back up. She'd be pretty upset if she had to add cripplingly antisocial to her list of drawbacks she'd already noted her crew members possessed.

"Just make sure I don't regret plucking you from the sea!" she called after him. "And don't get Fenrir wet with sea water unless you fancy giving him a bath yourself! I wouldn't recommend it!"

With Oxmelon's declaration and subsequent departure, Ein looked a bit solemn and nodded to the rest of the crew. "I suggest you do as he says. It's in everyone's best interest," she instructed. She'd let the members of the crew decide who would be the first and last to go. So long as there were no arguments it was none of her business besides the passing idea to take a quick head count of their passengers... just in case their doctor had other ideas concerning his pent up desires to rummage about in the innards of perfectly healthy people for fun.

It was at Swan's note that there were usually no survivors involved in a Sea King attack that suddenly brought a look of concerned thoughtfulness to Ein's expression.

"You're certain you didn't get a good look at whatever attacked you?" Ein inquired carefully to Elmer. "Is there any chance you could perhaps describe what happened in a bit further detail, please?" The fact that their ship as well as Sura's boat hadn't been attacked already was a fairly good sign that whatever had sunk the Agatha Marie was either long gone or had accomplished its goal and wasn't interested in attacking any further ships. They'd probably have to return the next day and hope to get lucky by trawling around for a bit.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
This big guy was already trying to make a big mistake, not having let Fenrir get a closer smell of him, and really discern if he liked Sura, but now he'd made up his mind otherwise, instead of touching soft fur the wolf, would latch onto Sura's fingers quickly sinking his teeth into him, letting the big guy know that he wasn't up for petting just yet. So far the only one that really had his permission was the Lieutenant.

Looking over Fenrir would see the Ein eyeing the huge man, and quickly move to drag the big guy back towards the Blonde haired woman. Who of course had more authority than everyone else on that boat.

"Alright boys, you heard the doc, take turns getting checked up." Elmer ordered looking at his crew, stopping one as they started to disperse to help around the ship, most trying to use the work to help cope with what they saw. "There is one thing." Elmer said looking at the old sailor he'd worked with. "Smitty... Tell the Lady Captain what you heard."

"Ma'am I'm a sailor of many years." The old bearded smitty said, a man wide in the shoulders and long in the tooth with a beard down to his navel. "I ain't never seen a Sea King like that. When it's tentacle it our only cannon, it made a sound of metal on metal a clang and grinding, like it was ringing a bell. But the skin was smooth... and black, and the deck was pulled out from under me."

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
As the events played out before, Kaelem was roughly brought to his senses at the sight of the collusion. His eyes darted around for the rope he had been using earlier to help the civilians up with only to be reminded of the winch system Swan had rigged up. With little input of his own to contribute, the black-haired marine folded his arms behind his back and began walking over to the side of his captain. The new arrival’s decidedly curt thanks and removal was shocking, even for someone who hated the stiff formalities that came with the territory. Nihoff did not exactly scream the type to overlook such a thing.

Which was exactly what it seemed like she did as she only called out to the new member. …well okay then. The subsequent attempt to reach out to the wolf was enough for Kaelem to look away and focus his attention on everything else going on. Wafer’s self-removal was a welcome sight; he had enough sense of self to remove himself from the situation before further agitating things. The civilians began stumbling about helping with the ship and Kaelem only felt more unease as they made themselves quite at home.

Kaelem stopped two paces from Nihoff, his fingers scratching at the butt of the carbine with twitch-inducing anxiety. He felt a need to be at the ready and listen to the story being told as well. Maybe his own opinion could be relevant? If not, at least he would inquire if he was expected to cook something for all of the newcomers to eat once they had put in a decent amount of work.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
After hearing Ein's words, Sura felt compelled to be useful and help the crew around a bit. He looks around and pays attention to what's being said and done. He understood that the survivors claimed they were attacked by a Sea King. Sura wasn't entirely sure how to feel about this. He had just arrived on a row boat after rowing for a couple of hours and he witnessed no sign of any Sea Monsters in the area. Even with his acute sense of hearing, he couldn't detect the presence of a Sea King nearby.

"Something's fishy....." he thought to himself but decided to listen to his new Captain's orders.

"And don't get Fenrir wet with sea water....." he heard Ein say, breaking his train of thought. He quickly looked back at Fenrir, the Wolf was ready to pounce, he was on the verge of biting Sura's fingers off. Sura quickly takes his hands off of Fenrir and places them in front of his snout as friendly gesture and let him take a sniff. At that moment, Fenrir grabbed his hand in his mouth (not too tightly, there was no bleeding) and pulled him along towards..... Ein?

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Complete and total submission and understanding to the good doctor's better judgment. That was all he asked of his new patients. If he had to probe them with things they felt uncomfortable around, they needed to make peace with it. If he needed to stitch them up or perform minor surgeries, they would have to deal with it. And of course, they would have to deal with it without any form of pain relief. He was not here to make them feel good about themselves, so Wafer could not concern himself with how comfortable the crew was under his hand, scalpel, and whatever else.

Supplies were not infinite, and one of a less experienced surgeon's mistakes in the Marines was medicating their patients excessively or needlessly. Pain was a part of life at sea, and so long as a procedure was not severe enough to cause lasting trauma, Wafer was determined to uphold a reputation for handling his supplies and materials with frugality. Over medicating people because they were squeamish or simply weak-willed helped no one in the long run. So...if there were yelps and cries coming from his cabin, that could not be helped. He had no intention of relenting and every intention of doing his job with a frightful efficiency and skill.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Moving over at their Captain's further questioning, Swan looked between the merchant captain and Smitty, listening to the answer. "I suppose it could have some metal embedded into it's limbs if it's old enough and been in enough fights, but even their hide hitting on metal should have made more of a squelching noise." He pauses for a moment before elaborating, "I've experimented with some Sea King hide as armor, it doesn't work in practice." From what some Fishmen do, it should be possible, but it's probably some kind of secret leather tanning process that unfortunately isn't available to the Marines - or at least a low ranked one like him. "If it isn't a Sea King though, what is it?"

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Ein listened to what was told to her thoughtfully, stroking her chin in deep consideration of both the old man's words as well as Swan's.

"It doesn't sound like embedded metal," she noted. "The entire thing would have to be metal to make such a noise, but I've never heard of a Sea King composed entirely of metal or mineral. Perhaps it's some sort of as yet undiscovered animal. There are assumed fictional tales of gelatinous or otherwise amorphous creatures composed entirely of malleable metal substances. Maybe the tales aren't so false after all."

She allowed a moment of silence to think on the matter for a minute longer before seeming to finally give up on the current thought process to return to the task at hand.

"In any case, it looks as though we're returning to base for one more night to return these men to land without any further worry about such metal beasts. We'll set off for this location at the same time tomorrow. If we're lucky perhaps whatever it was will return to the scene of the crime for another ship to wreck. We'll just have to be ready for it if it does."

It was at this time that Fenrir would arrive with Sura in tow, seemingly much to Ein's delight as she smirked knowingly.

"Ah... Sura, right? Good of you to join us and be a part of the group. I would've been a tad upset if you'd chosen to hide below deck without another word rather than volunteer yourself in helping out with our current problem. Why don't you change into something not dripping with salt water quickly and then assist Kaelem with fixing up enough snacks to tide our unexpected guests over till we arrive back at base." She glanced over at the other man at that, ensuring that he realized that she was indirectly giving him these instructions as well. "They've been through quite a lot today already, so make sure you solve any problems they may have if it's within your power, alright?"

It was her turn to depart without waiting for an answer as she made her way to the ship's wheel to begin steering the boat back the way they'd come toward Las Camp. It wasn't as though he really had the authority to refuse her 'request' in any case. She twitched visibly at the first pained yelp from below deck as Oxmelon took to working his magic on the more injured that required such things as stitches. Hopefully that wouldn't make the shaken crew more uncomfortable than they already were, though she had the feeling she already knew the answer to that. Hopefully snacks and someone to talk to would be enough to keep things under control till they could reach land.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Having brought the big brute of a man over to the group and to Ein's unsaid call. Fenrir considered his work done, and quickly departed with the Blonde female, following her apace leaving the survivors and their surrogate host.

"My men have been in the water for a few hours, perhaps we could get some warm food and grog into them. They'll dry out sooner than later." Elmer made the request of Sura since his crew was now in the care of the big guy.

Above and below deck the survivors of the Agatha Marie milled about, most doing their best to stay out of the way of the trained Marine crew, that were more and more strange as they watched. They were certainly filled with uncertainty, but most were far and away more happy to be alive.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
That answers that. Kaelem clapped his hands together, half to distract himself from the feeling of things being “off” and half to grab the attention of the newcomer. As Nihoff turned away to to lead them back to base Kaelem spoke up, “You heard the boss lady, let’s see if you can be a good sous chef.” He bounded off into the belows of the ship without much more of a word. He occasionally took a glance behind him to make sure… Sura he thought? “I won’t have you do anything too complicated, just make sure you keep your ears open and your hands spry.

Once in the kitchen, Kaelem felt a bit more at ease. Not that that said much. It was a far cry from the comforts of the old diner, but at least here he was in his element. Whether or not Sura actually followed him the entire way immediately would put no hamper on his cooking. With help, he would ask Sura to grab this or that ingredient from a cabinet not within arm’s reach of his work area. Without, he simply bounced from place to place when he needed the ingredient. Kaelem mulled over if he should indulge the civilian leader’s wish of grog. A bunch of drunkards on the ship could get a bit unruly…

The not-so distant sounds of pain helped him with that decision: Beef stew to warm the body, warm mead to ease the mind. Outside of the calls for spices and ingredients, Kaelem would remain silent while he worked unless spoken to directly. He was focused on the task at hand after all.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
After hearing his first orders as a part of the crew, Sura felt a sense of duty that he had never felt before. Perhaps this is what his father called discipline. Sura was quick to realize that Kaelem was the man Ms. Nihoff was talking about and that he is the cook of the ship.

"Hold on, I'll quickly dry myself up and get to you right away" Sura replied to Kaelem before swiftly making his way downstairs with his luggage. He quickly put on a fresh uniform and started walking towards what seemed to be the kitchen when a sudden scream sent a shock down his spine. It sounded like someone was in terrible pain. The sound came from a room which was locked, Sura tried to forcefully open it until he heard someone else yell "Stop crying and stop moving!" He assumed it was the doctor's room and made a note to himself to beware of whoever that is that is causing someone so much agony.

Other concerns occupied his mind as well.
"What on earth happened to the Agatha Marie" he pondered. "Surely it couldn't have been a Sea King. There were no signs suggesting that a Sea King recently roamed the waters at all!" Sura analyzed with the help of his shrewd knowledge of the Sea due to his past experience. He decided to keep his guard up until the survivors are gone.

With that, Sura finally reached the kitchen to find a busy Kaelem.....talking to himself? Seems like Kaelem thought Sura was there and was asking him to go fetch something for him.

For a little while after that, the kitchen was chaotic. Kaelem asking for something, Sura asking him where it is and what it looks or smells like and running around trying to find it as soon as he can.

"I hope the survivors like it after all I've done" Sura thought to himself. "It certainly smells delicious though."

Sura was not entirely excoted about his work in the kitchen. An experienced man such as him, who has an acute knowledge of how theSea currents work and the eyesight of an eagle, ought to be up in the crow's nest and be the crew's lookout.

Regardless, he was focussed on helping the survivors for the time being. His role as a lookout can come later. He has been on the ship for just about an hour or so so far after all.

Top Bottom