Gameplay Mafia Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
All official mafia announcements will be made in this thread for players to easily keep up with. This will include any changes that are made to any of the type of games offered here.

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Note: MVP, Most Valuable Player, will no longer be awarded in Town of Salem Mafia Games*.
You can now only achieve the medal by playing Regular or Traditional Mafia.
If you have received MVP in any of the previous 4 games of ToS you will still keep your status towards the medal.

Now let me enjoy my vacation.

*unless games are by approved hosts

novaselinenever

Best Dad!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hello TB players! It is time for some big news. I'd like to start with congratulating @AL. on being promoted as a Coach for the Town of Salem sub-section, as well as the Traditional sub-section. Alongside him, our very own self-proclaimed Town Leader @Dragomir has been promoted as a Coach for the Traditional sub-section. To celebrate this moment, he has been kind enough as to share some words of wisdom on how to become a great Mafia player like him. Fans and other aspiring Mafia players wishing to follow in his setup should check out this thread. Both will be joining the current Coaches in assisting hosts and ensuring the smooth functioning of their sections.

As indicated in our section rules as well as on Thriller Bark's broader guidelines, our goal is maintaining a fun and nice community for people love to play Mafia. That said, Mafia at its core is a game of lies and deception among friends, and as such can become emotionally heated and conflicts can arise. In those conflicts, sometimes one may not know how to handle them in the heat of the moment. For this, we want to implement the new Operator function.
Alongside the sign up of each game, a member will opt out from playing in order tohelp out any situation that may arise as not to have them escalate and disturb the players experience. They will be there for any player that feels frustrated or angry at anyone in the game. Any frustrated player can feel free to PM them and they'll be happy to help, even if it just to shout or vent! Sometimes that helps destress tremendously. We also trust them to help with resolving the issue. As of right now, the members of our community that may opt out of playing the game to take on this role are the coaches and approved hosts of sections. However, any member of our Mafia community may PM us to sign up to help out. This role has been a stable of The Syndicate community, and as such all credits go to them for its creation. I hope that if you ever feel frustrated enough that you don't hesitate to contact the Operator of your game.

Onto other news, we'd like to inform you that we have opened a General Calendar to maintain the schedule of the upcoming games from each sub-section. There, you will find a comprehensive guide to the upcoming schedule of our section. It's also designed to help us out with the new '2 games' rule that we're introducing for the foreseeable future. To manage activity throughout the section, and to maintain a good pace for our members, we'll be restricting the section to 2 games running concurrently. With the General Calendar and our sub-sections coordination, we believe it can be achieved smoothly and results in a faster and more agreeable pace for games and signs ups alike.

Last but not least, we'd like you invite you to visit our latest official 'Hall of Fame' thread. Hosting the records of all games played in our section, you can find in it your stats as a player on TB across all the sub-sections, as well as Mafia factions. It will be updated regularly, and some new patches are already on the works. To commemorate its opening, we'd like to congratulate @Gambit who is currently the TB champions with 12 victories! He's the player to beat! One of perks of being top of table is the ability to custom name the 'Mafia General Thread'. Welcome to the era of the "Wolfgang Thread".

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hello Everyone.
I am here to let you guys know on a small change we discussed among coaches/moderators that we decided to implement on Thriller Bark.
As you all know in recent weeks protests against racism have taken the world by the storm. It is a fight we all participate in regardless of our skin color and any other differences.

As such we felt like it would be only natural if we followed the example of other Mafia Communities that implemented this change.
From this day on - The Word Lynch Will No Longer Be Used In Mafia Games On Our Site -

I am sure most of you know and understand why we decided to remove that word from our games. For those that do not understand you can freely educate yourself here.

We completely understand the change might take some time to take effect because we all got used to using the Lynch phrase for months now. That being said we won't punish you if you use the word in your games but we would kindly ask you to replace the word with another.
As to with which word to replace it with - You can pick any you want as long as isn't offensive -
I will give you some examples - Banished, Exiled, Imprisoned, Guillotined... It is your freedom to decide what do you want for your game.

I hope you all understand this decision, it is a small thing to do but it is a right thing to do. And we on Thriller Bark follow same ideas of equality that are being fought for now in the world.

Best Regards, Thriller Bark Moderator Team!

Reactions: AL.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom