Island Marineford

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Post Wano Cover Story
Kallavan's rude awakening

Time had passed for the fellow marine warrior known as Kallavan. The terror and failure back at Wano had been placed behind him, and now finally, at long last, the man stood ready. Having undergone a training camp that'd have spelled the end for an ordinary navy officer, Kallavan had cleared with passing colours. More even for the young man had an unnatural aptitude for the art of life return. Having grasped the basics and advanced techniques within mere days, he used up the remaining time to brush up on his fundamentals. Kallavan stood ready, his trademark marine coat and hat were all primed and ready. But what oozed from the man was an aura of haki that was forged and tempered into a knife that was razor sharp. Physical attributes, Hasshoken, Rokushiki, Life return and haki. There was not much else Kallavan could take in and master without having to abandon one of his trademark abilities. With a travelling bag over his shoulder, the marine would say goodbye to his teachers, Ardbert and Ranj'it.

"Well, Kally, give 'em hell out there. You impressed me. I hope the next time we meet, HQ will welcome you as a marine Hero. It's been since Garp that a marine has taken out such a high level threat. No pressure there, kid. You'll need all the steel grit you can bring with you. "

"Hmph. It won't be like last time. Kaido won't know what'll hit him."

"You may be strong, Young Kallavan. But do not underestimate Kaido. His political powers may have dwindled, but the man has lost nearly everything. A man that has nothing to lose more often than not is at its most dangerous. Do not falter. Do not lose yourself within that battle. The heat of the moment is like a drug, I've seen many capable warriors drown in it. Treasure your ideals, your justice, and keep those anchored within. For they are your lifeline."

"Thank you. Master Ranj'it. Ardbert. Until we meet again."

"Godspeed Kid."
"May the winds blow in our favour."

Kallavan would board a single ship and eventually vanish behind the horizon. His next stop Justicia there Burn's oldest friend awaited Kallavan to finally start their raid on Whole Cake Island. The scenery would settle as darkness took the camera, masquerading the two remaining senior members from view.

"Did you tell him? Ranj'it-san. Ardbert-San" A thick booming voice called, a hint of anger ever present in his voice.
"No. It'd destroy him. Sakazuki. The young man is going to head straight into battle and will perhaps stare death right in the face. I could not do such a thing. I cherish that pupil of mine far too much to break his spirits like that." Ranj'it replied quick and swift, swatting away the preposterous suggestion.
"I hope it won't come to pass. Ranj'it-sensei. He's up against him after all."
"The cursed one. What you did that day, it still makes me sick to my gut. I hope your gamble pays off, Ranj'it-san. Or it is your career on the line. Give me good news, or vanish with the wind. "Sakazuki would voice while dancing the line between talking and shouting. The man with anger clearly ever present in his voice could hardly contain it.
"C'mon Kally. Do not let those chains tie you down. Overcome it and become the paragon we all want you to be."

What these men were referring towards would remain shrouded in mystery until a later point in time. An event that goes back 27 years ago, where a pinnacle event happened that shaped Kallavan's life. But just what on earth was it?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

The Sleeping Weapon
Somewhere Deep in Marineford - #1

@Dream
Somewhere deep in Marineford, in an underground room, the Sleeping Weapon lay. In the same manner they arrived, the Devil Pirates, an up and coming New World powerhouse, vanished without a trace. Like a mist snuffed out in the dark night. In an island undisclosed, one was recovered. The medics called it amnesia, called it forgotten. A weapon driven by instinct with a clean slate. A Sleeping Weapon.

The crimes were heavy, yet the potential substantial. Four more were imprisoned, while the first forced to dug graves, to look Marines in their final hours in the eye. All tests. Tests that would bring the man to the dark room below Marineford. No chains. No cuffs. There was one other man in the room. One who was the sturdiest bondage there was.

[Voice] “Drop him and vacate.”
A thud echoed through the steel room. Laying in the middle, with a light shined upon him, was that man. Straddled behind the only table, in the only chair, in the hangar-like empty room was a burly elderly man. The onlooker was extremely muscular, broad-chested, tan-skinned, strong-shouldered elderly man who has his whitened hair and beard arranged in an array of spikes, and some fuzz on both sides of his face, similar to a lizard's spine. The scars showed his tempered life.

Supreme Military Commander, Kong.

With a loud stomp, the legendary man would wake the sleeping weapon. To wake in a dark room for the last test. The last test that would not only determine his fate, but the fate of many, four in particular.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The Sleeping Weapon – Episode 1​

Wind that generates small ripples on the water. As it continues to pick up, it turns the ripples into waves that grow larger. The longer the wind blows, the larger the waves become. This very much symbolises the rise and fall of the Devil Pirates. A group of individual powerhouses that were under one flag, growing exponentially in number and size. Then not a whisper or sounds was ever mentioned again. It was like just one day * POOF * they vanished off the face of earth.

I remained in coma, I had become unresponsive and had no signs of waking up. I didn’t realise the tests that were being conducted on me. But the results came back due to the trauma conceived and severe-head injury of whatever occurred. Whoever was conducting their tests were able to bring me around though was getting the bare minimum as another was interested in something else. The tides where changing course.

I don’t recall anything as it was a blur but what I know i felt being carried away for some time before I was dropped onto a seat. I could hear loud stomping approaching.
My eyes flickered opening and closing, that followed a groan. I’d ask in a rambling yet stuttering manner.

Where …. am i?

Exhaling before sucking up some air, with my chest puffing up. Looking around seeing a dark room, though a light was shining upon my eyes that forced me to look down.

@Ichimonji

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The Sleeping Weapon - #2
@Dream
Somewhere deep in Marineford. Away from prying eyes. Away from the evil of the world. To awaken a weapon. The room was still, cold, and deliberate. Straddled on top of the only chair was Kong, his presence imposing and stoic. Flung to the floor was a man. A man with no binds but-for those in his mind. The camera zoomed into the man’s face as he opened his eyes: the infamous pirate Gil-Link Ereinion of the Devil Pirates.

The tides were changing. Gil asked where he was. A resounding voice answered.

[Kong] “The correct question is why you are here. Call me Kong.”
That voice was quick to the point, introduced as Kong. The man crossed his arms, his aura overbearing. The man’s eyes screamed experience of a man who had seen everything. A man who had answers. Answers that Gil-Link likely had. The burly man never broke eye contact even as he pulled a blade from behind him. It may have seen abrupt, but those next words showed the way.

Kong slid the blade towards Gil, scraping the ground as it stopped a feet from him.

[Kong] “To understand why you are here, you must understand who you can be. Take the blade, my son. I want to show you something…”

Assuming, but not deciding, Gil picked up the blade, Kong grabbed the steel table next to him and flung it to Gil. Muscle memory. How would his body, empowered with a blade, react? Would Gil “wake”?

[Kong] “Search your feelings, son. What do you remember?”

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
『 The Sleeping Weapon - Episode 2 』​

A large muscular man, with white spiky beard and hair. He peered down at me, his look was intimidating, pressure was brewing just from his aura alone. This was no ordinary man, he was none other than the commander in chief of the marines, a man that has held a seated position since great pirate era of Roger's era. The man would introduce himself to me as Kong, as he cross his arms and stare at me for a moment before pulling a blade from behind him and sliding it across as it slid right before me. There was a pause just before he'd speak again. I was bewildered at just what was happening and what was all of this.

Just as there was many
questions, there were many answers.

Hesitating before kneeling down, bewildered as to just what was happening. I'd grab the handle that had a soft warm spot resonate within me. But as soon as the feeling came it went, as i could just feel the warmth of the handle.

Kong grabbed the steel table next to him and flung it to Gil. Muscle memory. How would his body, empowered with a blade, react? Would Gil “wake”?

[Kong] “Search your feelings, son. What do you remember?”
The man flung a steel table at my direction, further questions came flooding in as to just what was happening. I could do nothing but stare, despite my nerves screaming like a sixth sense. I'd kick off the floor to the side performing a combat roll out the way, peeking at the table that was just tossed at my direction.

" What was that for? " panting at the events that were happening.

Gritting my teeth at the man, " is this a game to you, old man? ... Does life have no meaning to you? " as the aura began to erupt again before it would wither away again. The aura that erupted was signs of haki as it cladded around fists hardening with a
strange aura that as soon as it came it vanished like a flash.

Just what was Kong's plan with tossing the steel table at Link? ...

@Ichimonji

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The Sleeping Weapon - #3
@Dream
A segway. Link’s body reacted, as if acting on instinct, dodging the table that was hurled at him. The man rolled away. His reaction drew a grin from Kong, as the connection between body and blade awakened a coating in his arms, a spirit long sleeping. Kong crossed his legs. Wherever Link had questions, Kong had answers. The first question was why?

The imposing man answered, eyes locked.

[Kong] “Do you believe a normal man could have reacted that way? Listen, child, a great power sleeps within you.”
A test. Kong squinted his eyes and moved his question to the next one. Link asked whether life has any meaning to him. The old man slowly raised his coat to expose his lower abdomen, showing a body with so many scars, there was barely any skin left shoring. A man who had seen it all.

[Kong] “Each of these scars represents hundreds of lives I traded for each one. The preservation of life is all the World Government does.”

Kong spoke with authority and sincerity. Whether it was true or not, remained to be seen, but the old man spoke convincingly - he believed it wholeheartedly. Perhaps with the show of the scars, his word, Link could begin trusting the man in front of him. After all, his next words came to the point.

The World Government offered a choice.

[Kong] “You may not remember, but you have ended many lives. Your record is legion. Under normal circumstance, you would be imprisoned.”
[Kong] “However, I believe in you. We may be able to overlook your past transgressions. You can save many lives… including four lives in particular.”
The burly man reached inside his coat and pulled out four pictures. He slid them across the ground, showing Chulainn, Velvet Arakáno , Leon Bigby, and Marko. Link may not remember his past, but faces may be different. What was it about these four faces that would make his heart beat?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
『 The Sleeping Weapon - Episode 3 』​

With sweat stains gaining, i would gasp to catch my breath by taking a few moments to just conclude what had happened. Memory and muscle weren't in cohesion right now.

It wasn't that long ago when i was first found and taken back for some tests, where it was recorded of some memory loss. I was lost and hopeless before the man that was before me, found me and took me in despite all the risks. Not long after regaining consciousness he'd employ me under his own recruitment and personnel. Being tasked with firstly joining then supervising the bereavement unit.

[Kong] “Do you believe a normal man could have reacted that way? Listen, child, a great power sleeps within you.”
Hearing the man i respected respond to my question would have me at a stand still, just listening. His words meant something but i was oblivious to the fact. " What do you mean by with great power sleeps within me, Sir? "
[Kong] “Each of these scars represents hundreds of lives I traded for each one. The preservation of life is all the World Government does.”
Hearing the response, i'd be in awe yet it answered my question. But despite doing so, it brought further questions. Clenching my fists as blood boiled for a second noting the amount of scars with all those who perished ..." Sir, as you stationed me under the bereavement department. I could not bear to have anyone die on my watch. The preservation of life? ... Isn't the code of conduct and responsibilities different under the oath of the marines? "

Just listening on in, i could feel the weight of his words. They were soft and coming from deep within. So he could be trusted, furthermore to acting like a father like figure to me.

[Kong] “You may not remember, but you have ended many lives. Your record is legion. Under normal circumstance, you would be imprisoned.”
My eyes widened and enlargened surprised at the reveal as to what was just said. Mumbled as to hearing that i ended many lives. " I .. ennnddeeeddd .... " stuttering my words as a revealtion of the past just hit me like a truck. My hands trembled, the sword in my hand just dropped out of my hand as it made a thudding sound of metal colliding.

[Kong] “However, I believe in you. We may be able to overlook your past transgressions. You can save many lives… including four lives in particular.”

The burly man reached inside his coat and pulled out four pictures. He slid them across the ground, showing Chulainn, Velvet Arakáno , Leon Bigby, and Marko. Link may not remember his past, but faces may be different. What was it about these four faces that would make his heart beat?
" Yes sir, i hereby plead to save as many lives as possible as my duty as a officer within the marines. I thank you, for your generous words, though i feel weighed down on the weight of your words " ... With four pictures being slid across me.

Staring at the pictures, further questions would arise. ' Just who was these four pictures? ' thinking as i googled my eyes, breathing slowly looking at the four pictures.

@Ichimonji

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The Sleeping Weapon - #4
@Dream
Kong enlightened the man as to his past. A pirate life led by many transgressions, ended with his forgotten memory. Now, Kong offered a salvo, a way to atone for his crimes. Be the Sleeping Weapon. Save as many lives as you wrought. The man was shocked by the news, pledging his new life to atone.

Four pictures were slid, calling inquiry as to whom they were. Kong pruned his lips, really wondering whether he did not know them.

[Kong] “Chulainn, Velvet Arakáno , Leon Bigby, and Marko.”
[Kong] “These four were found clutching you when found. Loyalty. Loyalty only family would have.”
Whether these words would invoke memories or not, Link would feel Kong spoke with conviction, with truth. These four were like family, following to the end. Their lives hung in the balance as Link proved himself as an asset. Yet, Kong was not so company to trust such a man. A man part of pirates infamous, of the Devil Pirates. Many had doubts, one man in particular. How could Link save them? The answer came by the door.

Suddenly, the door to the room creaked open.

[Kong] “Allow me to introduce you to the one whom you will be reporting to. Fleet Admiral Sengoku “The Buddha”.

A fake seagull as a hat, long dreaded beard, circular glasses, a stern demeanor, and a white coat decorated with emblems and medals. The Fleet Admiral himself walked over to Link.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
『 The Sleeping Weapon - Episode 4 』​
[Kong] “Chulainn, Velvet Arakáno , Leon Bigby, and Marko.”[Kong] “These four were found clutching you when found. Loyalty. Loyalty only family would have.”
Hearing the names of the four had no reaction just a blank stare at the pictures, as within the subconscious i screamed but it failed to resonate on the physical side. I was lost for words, as i couldn't recall the four but hearing these words had me more questions. ' Just what happened to have them clutch me? ' but more importantly i wanted to know more.

" Sir, please tell me more about these four and just what transgressions did i do? " asking Kong-san. The questions were still in my mind.

The sound of the door creaking would have my ears twitch at first being a little numb to just who appeared. I was still dumbfounded with the truth hitting me with a speck of confusion still aroused over as to what was still happening. The man that appeared walked in as Kong introduced him to me.

It took me a moment to realise that it was the Fleet Admiral stepped into the room. Standing to my feet saluting him " Sir "

@Ichimonji

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The Sleeping Weapon - #5
@Dream
The Sleeping Weapon stared down the single most powerful man in the front lines of the World Government, the Commander-in-Chief, Kong. The man had revealed a bit of Link’s past, one of destruction. The man’s amnesia had brought out his humanity, and he took the offer to wipe his slate clean in exchange for saving others. Yet, he was kept in the dark of details of his past, for what reasons, Link would have to find out. However, the overall stage had been set.

The door creaked open. The Fleet Admiral himself entered the room., carrying a chair. Kong stood up, nodded, and walked to the exit. With a gesture of adieu, Sengoku was left alone with Link. Sengoku nonchalantly picked up the table, placed it between then, and offered Link a seat. Such calm. Such regal. The man poured them some tea, and slid a cup to Link.

With a sigh, the Fleet Admiral spoke.

[Sengoku] “Orders are clear. Your criminal slate will be wiped clean, those four freed, and you will be given jurisdiction of a Vice-Admiral. A new life. A new beginning.”
[Sengoku] “I won’t lie - I have my doubts. Prove me wrong. You have the potential to do so much good. Will you stand up to the challenge?”
The stern man dove into his jacket, taking out a few pieces of papers. A contract. They set out to wipe his slate clean. For him to do so and save his friends, he needed to complete 1 of 4 missions of his choosing. Laid out in the table, Sengoku took out a small sharp knife. Suddenly, the Fleet Admiral cut his index finger, using it to sign the contract. He offered the blade to Link.

[Sengoku] “What will it be, son? Make your choice.”

Meanwhile, Kong closed the door behind him. Now outside of Link’s earshot, he picked up a den den mushi and spoke into it.

[Kong] “Is it ready for engagement?”
[Voice] “Yes, sir! Dr. Vegapunk delivered the prototype today. I-I-I’s the spitting image of him!”

With a proud grin, Kong boarded the elevator, rising to Marineford. What was ready for engagement? Link’s future was to be shaped.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
『 The Sleeping Weapon - Episode 5 』​

The arrival of the Fleet Admiral had me startled at first, something within began to spark and flicker. A room would be sighted with pictures of the past against the wall. But nothing came out of it as soon as the room was lit, the fire that was on would flicker out.

The Fleet-Admiral would lift the table and chairs putting them back up, then pour some tea into some cups as he then took a seat and offered it to me. Something within me changed, unknown if this was for the better or worse. But what the room showed was a sign of a beginning of change.

[Sengoku] “Orders are clear. Your criminal slate will be wiped clean, those four freed, and you will be given jurisdiction of a Vice-Admiral. A new life. A new beginning.”

[Sengoku] “I won’t lie - I have my doubts. Prove me wrong. You have the potential to do so much good. Will you stand up to the challenge?”
Making my way pulling the chair back as i'd take a seat hearing Sengoku's offer as i listened before replying. " What are the responsibilities of this Vice Admiral you speak of? .... If i am to take you up on this offer, then may i suggest some changes? "

The stern man dove into his jacket, taking out a few pieces of papers. A contract. They set out to wipe his slate clean. For him to do so and save his friends, he needed to complete 1 of 4 missions of his choosing. Laid out in the table, Sengoku took out a small sharp knife. Suddenly, the Fleet Admiral cut his index finger, using it to sign the contract. He offered the blade to Link.

[Sengoku] “What will it be, son? Make your choice.”
Seeing Sengoku do such was brought a smile and a scoff. " I see you was ready for me to ask that? " ... Leaning forward placing my elbows on the table looking down on the four papers.

" I'll accept the contract under oath on certain conditions .... " ... responding to Sengoku's question. Just a second or two would pass as what would come from a name that would flash in my mind. " Do you know of a Nero, Sir? "

Memories slowly began to stir, blood cells began to awaken. The wanderer was still dormant yet alive.

@Ichimonji

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The Sleeping Weapon - #6
@Dream
A man who caused such ruckus in the seas, he was a candidate for Level 6. Now, years later, he stood in the heart of the World Government. A power buried deep. Memories boxed by psyche. Power sleeping within. Dubbed now “The Sleeping Weapon“. Kong gave introductions, but it was Fleet Admiral Sengoku who would offer up a contract. Four paths. One freedom. Offering up a written contract, writ in blood, the scene was set.

After explaining the responsibilities of having the same unofficial rank as Vice Admiral, Sengoku would listen to the counteroffer. There was a distinct silence, before a satisfied smile was curled between the Fleet Admiral’s mustache.

He spoke, looking up to the ceiling.

[Sengoku] “I know of him. Yes. Would you like to meet him?”
A bombshell. Was Nero alive? Was he here? Sengoku watched Link’s reaction carefully. Sengoku had said before: he had doubts. Doubts that deep within Link, even in subconscious, this was all a ploy. A Sleeping Weapon to go off from within the ranks. Kong believed otherwise. How would one find the truth? There was only one way. One way to peer into the depths of Link’s mind.

Sengoku took the contract, not yet signed by Link, keeping his open wound open. The Fleet Admiral turned and gestured Link to follow. If Link followed, they would take the elevator in silence, leaving Link to his thoughts. Meet Nero?

A few minutes passed in this fashion. The elevator would slowly open. Top floor. In front of them were stone steps leading to a battle-torn arena overlooking a cliff in the beautiful Marineford landscape. In the distance, Link could see Vice-Admiral Momonga at the edge of the stage. A figure was on its knees, bandages on his face, Seastone chains on his body.

[Sengoku] ”Your answers are found in that stage. Go.”

The Fleet Admiral stopped short of the stage. He crossed his arms and nodded to Momonga. The Vice-Admiral pulled the chains off the man, who fell forward. The man panted for a few moments before slowly rising. He had what seems to be superficial wounds. The sun slowly uncovered the man’s face, revealing a good-looking young man standing at 176cm (5'9") with spiky black hair and blue-red eyes.

Ex-bounty hunter who once defeated Vergo. Captain of the Devil Pirates, Nero.

Meanwhile, Kong closed the door behind him. Now outside of Link’s earshot, he picked up a den den mushi and spoke into it.

[Kong] “Is it ready for engagement?”
[Voice] “Yes, sir! Dr. Vegapunk delivered the prototype today. I-I-I’s the spitting image of him!”

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
『 The Sleeping Weapon - Episode 6 』
Like a dish being served with the main ingredient being memories, a bunch of names and faces were added to the pot. Confusion still arose as to who each of these where and what was their names. But the name Nero was the one that caught my attention so i had to ask., but what the Fleet-Admiral responded with caught my attention. ' He's here and alive? '

The bombshell was met with a moment of silence, then the Fleet-Admiral stood up and gestured for me to follow him as i followed him to elevator. After a few minutes of uncomfortable silence the door would open, as the two would step out with some steps leading up a stage as i'd notice a marine soldier watching by as he saluted at Sengoku.
[Sengoku] ”Your answers are found in that stage. Go.”
As commanded i'd take few steps forward before taking a further set of steps onto the main stage. Noting a young man on the stage with spiky hair with wounds. I'd keep my distance as memory was still bewildered ... " Nero? " would roll out of my mouth. My hands would curl into fists as my breathing became a little heavier. Aura began to fizzle as if heating from me as Haki began to come out " Sir, at your command. Can i kill him? "

Memory no longer served me as Nero was no longer a man to serve but to annihilate, my justice system was still yet a question. But it was clear that i had to eliminate him right here and right now.

@Ichimonji

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The Sleeping Weapon - #7
@Dream
The elevator gave rise to an arena. Now unbound was one. Nero. Captain of the Devil Pirates, or so it seemed. It was Link’s ultimate test. Was he truly a man who underwent amnesia, or was he a double agent? Could he strike down his Captain? Answers were found in that arena. Fleet Admiral Sengoku. Orion’s Dalmatian to leave the stage, leaving the two old acquaintances in the middle of the ring, staring at each other. Tension you could cut with a knife. Sengoku answered Link: “Yes. Do as you wish”, giving the order to kill.

As all others cleared, one burly muscled man with a white coat walked up next to Sengoku, finger up his wrinkly nose, outside of Link’s earshot.

[Garp] “Yeoza! Looks just like him! Gahahahha! Sengoku-san, is this really all that necessary?”

[Sengoku] ”Shut up, Garp! The Sleeping Weapon inside can cause great damage, or save many. We have to be sure.”
[Garp] “It’ll be interesting, at the least. Gahahahah!”

Spectators of the highest regard. Through this silence, the crunching of chips echoed. Sengoku’s vein popped as he tried to grab Garp’s bag of chips. The old man chortled as he crunched every bite, laughing as he went. It was comical to hear the background noise to the tension in the arena. Two old friends, reunited.

Those cold eyes from Nero stared into Link and spoke, having heard Link asking to kill him, Nero challenging Link’s very core.

[Nero] “You dare try to kill me? I made you. Stand down.“
There were weapons all around the arena. Swords, clavicles, guns, spears, brazen knuckles. The arena beckoned battle, but was Link up to the task. Nero alleged he made Link, telling him to stand down. Deep within Link, what was it like? The arena would tell.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
『 The Sleeping Weapon - Episode 7 』
@Ichimonji
“Yes. Do as you wish”,
Hearing them words as i was mute as i heard those words but my mind still was comprehending everything but what Nero would say had already written as to what i was going to do next.
[Nero] “You dare try to kill me? I made you. Stand down.“
I'd give off a subtle bemused chuckle then smile at Nero. " Of course, but here i am going to save you " as i allowed a moment to take its course so Nero could comprehend my words as i tapped and rested my hand on his shoulder. At this very time Vice Admiral Garp took it upon himself to observe with Sengoku. The two stalwarts of the marines, that protected, guided and harboured justice to the core.

What was to take course next as a rumble of haki would explode and bubble as if aura leaked then erupted further which would alert the marines that were observing. " You didn't make me .... " as i chuckled a little before my voice became deeper but not enough to be heard by any others " I made me " as i swung my hand that rested on his shoulder decapitating Nero's head that would be sent flying off the arena.

I'd take a moment to breath heavily as i would smirk and leave with my final words " Dont you dare ever presume you ever knew me, fool "

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The Sleeping Weapon - #8
@Dream
The stage was set. Link stared down his Captain. The ultimate test of allegiance. In the grand arena, the two were reacquainted. Would Link draw his blade against Nero. The Captain of the Devil Pirates asked Link to stand down. He had made him. The Sleeping Weapon chuckled, declaring he was his own man. With a surprising move, the Sleeping Weapon went for Nero’s head.

Nero’s eyes widened, ducking just in time for the hand to pass above his head, cutting a few stands of hair as it went. In a quick counterattack, Nero presented his now open right palm, shooting a compacted fireball tempered with Haki right at Links’ exposed ribcage right after the swing, point-blank.

[Nero] “FIRE BLAST: MAXIMUS!!“
The compacted ball of fire would explode outward with great force, creating a explosion of fire and shockwaves that aimed to swallow both Link and Nero. Nero had jumped back, his skin seemingly unaffected by the fire; as if it was made of metal. Landing on the opposite side, Nero drew a blade from his back, his hands glowing.

The Great Nero would not go down without a fight. If Link had any of his memories, Link would know that wholeheartedly. Getting ready, Nero would speak again, his tone more of dissent and authority of a captain.

[Nero] “If you’re unwilling to re-join me… If you’ve forgotten… I will remind you of my true terror!!“

Nero Attack: 81-100: 3. Large Building Level +3 A Rank +2 (Armaments) = 8. Island Level

“Nero” Pacifista

Level 70
70 x 5 = 350
Strength: 70+14=84
Speed: 65+35=100
100x2=200
-Reaction: 100
-Movement: 100
Vitality: 67+14=81
81x2=162
-Durability: 100
-Stamina: 62
Haki: 81
81x2=162
-Armament Haki: 81
-Observation Haki(Awareness): 81
Cyborg: 92
92x4=368
-Destruction: 100
-Armoring: 100
-Energy: 100
-Utility: 68

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
『 The Wanderer - Episode 8 』
@Ichimonji
Level 93, 92 x 5 = 465
Human Race Bonus: +18 in Strength, Speed and Vitality | +27 in Martial Arts
Martial Arts Bonus: +5 in Strength, Speed and Vitality
Mind Bonus: +5 in Reaction Speed
Strength: 77 + 18 + 5 = 100 (+20 = 120)
Speed: 76 + 18 + 5 = 99 x 2 = 198
>Reaction Speed: 97 + 5 = 102
>Movement Speed: 101
Vitality: 78 + 18 + 5 = 101 x 2 = 202
>Durability: 101
>Stamina: 101
Mind: 50 x 2 = 100
>Science: 100
Haki: 100 x 2 = 192
>Armament Haki: 100 (+20 = 120)
>Observation Haki: 100
Martial Arts: 73 + 27 = 100
>Swordsmanship: 100
>Rokushiki: 100

*11 spare points
My hand swung aiming to lobby off the head of Nero. The aim was simple to take the head off Nero and use this as a chance to display my trust within the marines. I needed to do this, not just for me, the marines and the many lives lost which included civilians at the hands of these pirates. This one made no difference to the result, Nero had to be exterminated. But little did i know something was brewing inside as not memory was the one the cause behind this but muscle memory began to emanate from within, the lust for battle and chaos came crawling.

My hand swung aimed to take Nero's head but little did i know he evaded my attack then prepared an attack of his own aimed at my ribcage. " Dont get ahead of yourself, scum! " ... My muscles throbbed growing larger momentarily as i shouted " Tekkai! "

Basic Tekkai:
Requirements: 11 Mastery, 21 Durability.
The user hardens their body, increasing Durability by Mastery/5.
81-100 mastery: Using tekkai while moving has a 1 turn cooldown. Standing still tekkai has no cooldown.

100 / 5 = 20
100 + 20 = 120 = Mountain Level

Nero's Attack = Island Level
  • DPR 1 higher than dura: quite effective
Link takes DPR 1 in this
I'd be met with a point blank attack that had me little time to even use my haki that sent a chilling numbing that ran its course through my forearms that i tried to protect myself from the onslaught. It threw me back a few meters, panting. " Your not too shabby, Ne- ... Whoever you are " i'd say in a cocky manner.

[Nero] “If you’re unwilling to re-join me… If you’ve forgotten… I will remind you of my true terror!!“
" Remind me, Let me remind you who i use to be. Now know Link and know TRUE TERROR! " the atmosphere began to became tense as it rumbled. Haki began to act erratically as it coated my entire arm as my fists throbbed, my eyes pierced at Nero. Kicking off the floor and blitzing at Nero i'd take a swing " JUGON! " as a strange aura also emanated that further coated my haki around my fists, with my eyes glowing and sparkling. My emotion at the dire situation had haki bloom to take it upon itself to go a further level. ' Begone horrid memory of a bygone era '

Jugon: This is the characters signature technique, its a technique that is similar to a shigan but as a punch. This is a very strong punch which is done at the same speed as Shigan, making it even more powerful.
Requirement: Depends on Mastery
DPR: S+, requires 100 mastery, 100 strength

Link Str = 120 = Town Level
Jugon = DPR S+ = Large Country Level
Ryuo Hardening = +3 = Moon Level

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The Sleeping Weapon - #9
@Dream
Past met the present to determine the future. In the ring, Link faced off against what took the image of his old captain. In a move that took Link off-guard, Nero pacifista created an explosion that rocked the arena. From it, Nero came up, heat useless against his armored skin. Link had been wounded, yet it only served to awaken that Sleeping Weapon.

With a newfound burst of spirit and will, Link charged. Nero’s eyes widened in shock, circuits unable to comprehend the speed. The fist hit Nero squarely in the abdomen. Immediately, Nero’s body flopped forward, metal bolts and sparks flying from the impact point. Slowly, the body slid off Link’s fist, landing face-up in front of Link.

[Nero] “H-H-H-How… c-c-could… y-y-you?”
Nero looked aghast. His body quivered, convoluting as sparks flew from his face, nose, ears, and the large wound on his belly past his armor - a half destroyed pacifista. Link was much more powerful now than before - a true Sleeping Weapon. Yet, Nero was still “alive”. He struggled to get up, malfunctioning as he went. Nero looked up to Link, those eyes staring deep into Link’s.

[Nero] “I-I-Is t-t-his what you’ve truly chosen? H-h-have you abandoned freedom? Perhaps I truly did not know you… A-a-answer me, Link!”
The last plea. Nero stood at Link’s mercy. What would Link do? Would he finish Nero and thus leave his pirate life behind? Or would he spare Nero and prove his loyalties still lie with criminals. The World Government was watching. Fate stood watch where Link’s heart truly lies.

Link Attack: Moon Level
Nero Defense: 81-100: 5. Town Level +2 (pacifista armor) + 2 (Armaments) = 9. Small Country Level
= Super Effective​
Jesus Christ. A Moon level attack. Yep, can’t do anything vs that! 👾

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
『 The Wanderer - Episode 9 』
@Ichimonji

From the very moment my punch landed upon Nero's abdomen, something was off. Though i knew very little at the time as everything came crumbling down. Right after punching Nero, or what seemed to be him. Black sparks began to erupt from my arm, my arm felt the ricochet for something i was not ready to utilise. It felt it was not meant to be used, something taboo if not forbidden. I could feel the ricochet for a moment but i would ignore it to concentrate on Nero.

Walking over to him, ignoring the pain and what was said. All i could hear is the pleas of a man who was broken, figuratively and physically. With sparks, parts of his body mechanics and small gears with screws scattered around. Ignoring everything I'd kneel downwards closing my eyes as black sparks still enveloped across my arms. "
Rokuogan Wave Explosion! " placing my arm before me with my palms open at the direction of Nero with a small amount of aura around my palm as i pushed forward unleashing a destructive shockwave.

Link Str = Town Level
RWE = DPR S = +4
Rokuogan X / Rokuogan Wave Explosion:
Requirement: 100 Mastery, 100 Str - DPR S
highest is mastery/5
Basically the rokuogan description same but a different way how the user strikes, so Link targets the target placing his palm as close as he can get. That way Link can channel a powerful variation of the Rokuogan. This is a AoE attack.
Invisible Haki = +1
Total = Large Country Level
Rokushiki Mastery = 100
100 / 5 = 20 meters damage

My aim was to destroy my past and concentrate on the present and future. No longer being bound to what i was or who i use to be. I would bring up the courage to become the light of the marines that brings justice to all.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The Sleeping Weapon - #10
@Dream
The venture all led to this. Staring at his past, Link now had to make a choice. Leave it all behind, or cling to his old life. The test was one of much importance to one who had caused such havoc in the world. A weapon that could be used for much evil, or much good. Asleep. Welcome to the awakening.

The Nero pacifista looked up, pleading for Link to cling to his old friend, to his old crew, to his old life. In the crowd, Garp now ate donuts, airy and comically not paying attention. Sengoku was focused on the sight. The Fleet Admiral lowered his glasses - this was it. Link made his choice. The man used the signature technique of the World Government, covered by haki, to strike down his past. Nero’s end.

Suddenly, the attack was re-directed when someone grabbed Link’s wrist - someone powerful. The shockwave was veered to the side, narrowly missing the Nero Pacifista. The pacifista made a bleeping noise slowly powering down, but not destroyed. Valuable piece of technology. A moment of shock. Curt and booming, a female voice came from behind.

[Voice] “That’s far enough.”
A hand held Link’s palm from behind, it brimming with will. The Sleeping Weapon would have to turn to meet the one tasked to fully wake him.
The young but battle-worn woman had long pink hair worn in a ponytail with peach eyes. A red tattoo adorned her right eye and forehead, while her permanently-closed left one had a scar over it - a black patch covering. A samurai-worn Vice-Admiral cloak adorned her, worn tight with a red rope, katanas on her voluptuous hip.

Enter Baiken of the Strike Hawk Unit.

Top Bottom