One Piece Marine's SSG

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The Marine's alternative to the Warlords?

I discussed a bit about this in a chapter discussion thread and thought about making a small post here as there are some interesting details that me and a couple of others have noticed. So let's start!

To understand this better we first have to dig into what exactly is "The balance of power"?
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

The reason why the Marines and World Government brought the Shichibukai system is to maintain a counterbalance against the 4 emperors of the sea, the Yonko. The Shichibukai consisted of some of the most influential and powerful pirates, most notably Hawkeye Mihawk who is regarded as the world's greatest swordsman and also someone on power with the likes of Yonko Akagami Shanks. Other infamous pirates part of the system were, Donquixote Doflamingo, Edward Weevil and Bartholomew Kuma to name a few. Each one of them had considerable influence and power and were regarded alongside the top fighters of the world.

Abolishment of the Warlord system means that this influence and power the Marines and World Government had on it's side is now over and most possibly working against it.

Then we had Admiral Fujitora mention the SSG to Akainu, telling the fleet admiral to have faith in the group and that the Balance of Power in the world would shift greatly, which if implied with context, power would shift greatly in the favour of the Marines. .
This surely speaks alot about the SSG atleast when it comes to the power they posses which according to the Admiral is greater than that of the Warlords. So now that we're clear with the Shichibukai System and the Power Balances that came with it, we can dive into who potentially could be the SSG.

In the cover story of Chapter 966(9 chapters after the SSG was mentioned) we saw these very unique marines.

By unique I mean the way they are dressed. No regular marine has ever been in such a dress, exceptions could be there such as Smoker or Chaton but they too have their regular coat on.

Something very clever a user(@Nessos) pointed out was that the one holding the bounty poster of Capone bares a faint resemblence to Doflamingo (a previous warlord), maybe not with the looks but surely with the fur coat, the tshirt and pants. Very similar in style to Doflamingo indeed. What if he's been modelled to replace Doflamingo? The big man alongside him definitely has Cyborg like features such as the device in his ears. Here take a look!

Notice the device that's attached to his ear? The implantment around his neck? How could this not be a sign of human modification within the Marines. Afterall Vegapunk and Judge did work together.

Similar to how Germa has conducted it's human modification program, I feel that the Marines are doing something similar (but obviously on a way more advanced scale). My belief is that specific top Marine fighters are chosen for this human modification which greatly enhances their skills and power. In the coverstory of chapter 968 we saw these marines capture Chiffon and Gotti rushes for her rescue. The interesting part here is that aside from the 2 marines in the image above, we see more. 7 in total including the 2. SEVEN yes, just like the Seven Warlords (Shichibukai).

Why 7? Why would Oda send seven marine officers in a group? Now many might be wondering that they only see 3/4 max but let me show that there infact is seven of them there.
To make it easier I've divided the panel into 2 pictures. The first part we can easily see 3 people but by looking closer, one could easily make out that there is a fourth person, I've circled him. So we have 4 people in the picture.

In the second part we can see 3 people. There wasn't a need to circle anyone here as all were pretty visible.

Now that it is clear that there were infact 7 marines present in Dressosa (all seemingly ranked members), it begs the question, what were they doing all together in a group? Almost seeming like they were a special group similar to the Cipher Pol or even a group like the Strawhats. Coming back to Gotti we all assumed that him being the good guy, and just like how every cover story works, he would manage to beat the Marines and save Chiffon. That though is not what actually happened. What happened was something like this -

Gotti seems to have been decimated effortlessly by the marine. It's as if Gotti was some random pirate goon or thug who got beaten. Gotti is the third strongest member of Bege's crew and his left hand man. With his bounty almost equal to Franky's(now possibly even higher) should make him on that level considering he's a top fighter of the Fire Tank Pirates(a group considered to be among the Worst Generation). Crushing someone like that so casually is something definitely to be noted. Now this is not a power level discussion but I'm trying to emphasize here that one has to be atleast on the level of Capone(the captain) to do something like that to his left hand man. Which should put this guy at bare minimum on that lvl but that's not the point, he would obviously have to be way stronger than that if he really is a member of the SSG, the point I'm trying to make from this is that these marines are definitely more than just some random ones, and with all the findings I've put forward I feel they are the SSG which Fujitora mentioned.

I'll end here. Hope you enjoyed reading the theory, hopefully we find out in the coming chapters who exactly these marines actually are, and whether they are related to the SSG.

Well then.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
That's great thinking, maybe a supernova version of the Marines made up of the rising stars in the organisation.
I just think if they are what is replacing the shichibukai, they dont seem enough by themselves to make up the strength and clout of the shichibukai. So instead they'd have bigger numbers?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I just think if they are what is replacing the shichibukai, they dont seem enough by themselves to make up the strength and clout of the shichibukai. So instead they'd have bigger numbers?
Definitely have a point, maybe each SSG has it's own crew and what we see here is just one of the crews lead by the leader who is part of the SSG. There are honestly alot of different possibilities, it's Oda behind all of it it afterall haha:LOL:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I also like the idea, but as I already mentioned I think they are just some ordinary marines who are strong.

And that Oda just let them look similiar to the shichibukai I won't be suprised if they end up coming from Marine base G-7 ^^

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Those are some very good points u raised here.. If they are indeed a member of SSG, whatever that acronym stands for, then they should all posses at least a power equivalent to SHP or any other WG. I mean, without that power and influence, they won't be able to take down the likes of Bege and the others. What if these marines are tasked to chase down the WG members themselves while the admirals were sent for the Shichibukai?

If that's the case then the parallel Admiral = Shichibukai and WG = SSG scales the power level.

If SSG posses that power then they indeed is a good replacement for the abolished Shichibukai systems.

With regards to human modification, that could be part of it. There's no reason for Germa to finally acquire it and Vegapunk didn't? It's preposterous to happen. Whilst I agree that Germa has made it too far, the marines can be wise enough not only to figurr out a way to cyborg but to fashion an idea how to mutate humans..

The bottom line is, whoever are the members of SSG, may it be SWORD and something more, they should be bigger than what we have seen so far. Else, it's going to be a disappointment.

Btw, can u all tell what is imprinted on their back coat?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Btw, can u all tell what is imprinted on their back coat?
I'm assuming some type of justice, can't read Kanji though tried translating it myself but was unsuccessful. Maybe someone who could probably understand it might be able to help us better with this

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I was thinking it was some sort of Secret Service Group.
Its refered to Vegapunk and SSG seems to be strong enoght to replace Shichibukai.

So seems to be Pacifista 2.0 which are much stronger then the pre TS Pacifista.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Its refered to Vegapunk and SSG seems to be strong enoght to replace Shichibukai.

So seems to be Pacifista 2.0 which are much stronger then the pre TS Pacifista.
Yup.. Looking bacl to how Akainu and Issho discussed the abolishing of Warlord, they made a parallel talk about SSG so I think your theory about them being mutated from Warlords can be lit.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yup.. Looking bacl to how Akainu and Issho discussed the abolishing of Warlord, they made a parallel talk about SSG so I think your theory about them being mutated from Warlords can be lit.
Not my theory :datea:

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I mean having a Vinsmoke like unit isn't that far off considering Vegapunk is with Marines now.

Or maybe Gotti just got 7 manned :pepelaugh:

Top Bottom