Status
Not open for further replies.

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
My Hero Academia 275
Title: Encounter 2

Support My Hero Academia by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON

MY HERO ACADEMIA CHAPTER ### QUICK SUMMARY
Coming Soon...

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!​

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Although I'm getting hyped for the climax of this arc I have to say something that really pisses me off personally is when power creep is written inconsistently. As far as the readers knowledge is concerned Deku just jumped from 8% to 30%, what the fuck?

I understand that it's been like 150 chapters since Deku reached 8%, but there hasn't been any indicators of his progression during that time aside from new equipment and a new quirk. I just would've appreciated it more if the progression was more consistent so it would seem less of an asspull. Same applies to Bakugou for keeping up with this apparently.

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
As far as the readers knowledge is concerned Deku just jumped from 8% to 30%, what the fuck?
Deku was using 20% FC in Overhaul Arc and that was few arcs ago.

Deku can use more FC the more he better his control of the quirk. And keep in mind he trained under Endeavor too for a while while mastering new quirk

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Deku was using 20% FC in Overhaul Arc and that was few arcs ago.
The thing is when he used 20% back then it made sense because he could barely maintain it, having to go back down to 8% again for a while afterwards at least as far as the readers have been told. What makes it worse to me is that Deku hasn't been shown trying to increase his limit since overhaul.

The only thing that annoys me is that there hasn't been any indication of Deku's FC rising over time, we just had to assume that it has been since Deku has been continuously training. It would've felt more consistent to me if Deku was currently somewhere between 10-15% and not 30, which just appears as power creep imo.

It's not a big deal to the story or anything I just take the power scaling of shonens seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom