Sports NBA Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Lame. DPOY voting should really take into account the fact that one guy can only guard 2 positions while the other can guard 5.
[automerge]1655193223[/automerge]
Warriors 1 game away from winning it all

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
My favorite teams are Bucks, Warriors and Mavs.

My least favorite teams are Clippers and Nets.
Let's move this here. I need to see an overview of the playstyles. Or isn't that a thing anymore these days? Teams who are focused on defense vs offensive?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Let's move this here. I need to see an overview of the playstyles. Or isn't that a thing anymore these days? Teams who are focused on defense vs offensive?
The two teams in the finals this year were also the two best defensive teams, Warriors and Celtics.

For their offense, Celtics have a more 1 on 1 offense (isolation plays), which makes it a bit more riggid and doesn't flow as well... which is why in the finals, when they couldn't win 1 on 1 matchups (because Warriors have good defenders), they had to resort to passing the ball around more but they suck at that, so they had a huge turnover rate.

Warriors offense is all about running around, setting screens to get shooters open.. and then they have absolute snipers to take those shots. Steph and Klay are the two best shooters in the league, and Steph is the greatest shooter of all time, so they hit a lot of threes after getting open with screens.

Bucks are another top defensive team, and they have Giannis, who is like Shaquille O'Neal but in 100% epic shape (they call him the greek god cause he looks like a freaking greek god statue in terms of his body).

xD

Mavs are a young team with Luka Doncic who made it to the conference finals this year and lost to Warriors who went on to win the title last night. They're a good team but verz Luka Doncic centirc, they don't have enough to win it all, except for him. But, now they made a trade for Christian Wood, who will be a great asset for them.

Those are analysis of my favorite teams.

My least favorite are the Nets, because Kyrie Irving is stupid... (flat earther, and he just recently came out with a statement along the lines of ''Animals don't need to pay to live on earth so why do we'' lmao...)

Plus Nets (and Clippers, my other least favorite team) are teams that were built by throwing money around and buying players, instead of drafting them like the Warriors and Celtics, who had big trios that have all been drafted by them and have stuck around for years).

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The two teams in the finals this year were also the two best defensive teams, Warriors and Celtics.

For their offense, Celtics have a more 1 on 1 offense (isolation plays), which makes it a bit more riggid and doesn't flow as well... which is why in the finals, when they couldn't win 1 on 1 matchups (because Warriors have good defenders), they had to resort to passing the ball around more but they suck at that, so they had a huge turnover rate.

Warriors offense is all about running around, setting screens to get shooters open.. and then they have absolute snipers to take those shots. Steph and Klay are the two best shooters in the league, and Steph is the greatest shooter of all time, so they hit a lot of threes after getting open with screens.

Bucks are another top defensive team, and they have Giannis, who is like Shaquille O'Neal but in 100% epic shape (they call him the greek god cause he looks like a freaking greek god statue in terms of his body).

xD

Mavs are a young team with Luka Doncic who made it to the conference finals this year and lost to Warriors who went on to win the title last night. They're a good team but verz Luka Doncic centirc, they don't have enough to win it all, except for him. But, now they made a trade for Christian Wood, who will be a great asset for them.

Those are analysis of my favorite teams.

My least favorite are the Nets, because Kyrie Irving is stupid... (flat earther, and he just recently came out with a statement along the lines of ''Animals don't need to pay to live on earth so why do we'' lmao...)

Plus Nets (and Clippers, my other least favorite team) are teams that were built by throwing money around and buying players, instead of drafting them like the Warriors and Celtics, who had big trios that have all been drafted by them and have stuck around for years).
Warriors do seem like a team I'd enjoy watching since I more often than not find it more enjoyable to watch teams that score more from the outside than from the inside.

But I still have a soft spot for the Bulls.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Warriors do seem like a team I'd enjoy watching since I more often than not find it more enjoyable to watch teams that score more from the outside than from the inside.

But I still have a soft spot for the Bulls.
I'm surprised, just like me you aren't old enough to have witnessed the MJ bulls, so what attracted you to them?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I'm surprised, just like me you aren't old enough to have witnessed the MJ bulls, so what attracted you to them?
My answer will be rather funny. But when I used to play back in the day I was obsessed with space jam with lead me into watching old highlights of the bulls on youtube. Also my old coach back then couldn't shut up about Rodman's ability for rebounds. And since I was the tallest of the entire team I was on rebound duty lmao.

And the recent last dance documentary about the bulls was just a nostalgia trip :LOL:
[automerge]1655458021[/automerge]
But in general in most sports I really lean towards high speed and agressive playstyles. Teams that control and play defensive I find a bit dull.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
My answer will be rather funny. But when I used to play back in the day I was obsessed with space jam with lead me into watching old highlights of the bulls on youtube. Also my old coach back then couldn't shut up about Rodman's ability for rebounds. And since I was the tallest of the entire team I was on rebound duty lmao.

And the recent last dance documentary about the bulls was just a nostalgia trip :LOL:
[automerge]1655458021[/automerge]
But in general in most sports I really lean towards high speed and agressive playstyles. Teams that control and play defensive I find a bit dull.
Ah ok makes sense. xD

I think you'd like the Warriors or the Bucks.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
What a total moron I swear...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I dunno what they said but this to my experience is pretty common 🤷🏾‍♂️

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I dunno what they said but this to my experience is pretty common 🤷🏾‍♂️
It's common for teammates to argue and even fight but it's not common to do a full swing like that putting your whole body behind that. A punch like that, especially when the recipient is unprepared like Poole for example, could literally be life threatening at worst, but even if we ignore the worst case scenario, it's also very quickly a concussion, etc.. Which can leave a player out for a year or ruin their career. What he did was absolutely stupid.
[automerge]1672695522[/automerge]
Jokic and Doncic are ridiculous xD

Giannis crazy too

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

[automerge]1682643385[/automerge]
@Kaka this is a good place to spur that post count. What do u think of the upcoming Knick vs Heat?

Knick in 6?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

[automerge]1682643385[/automerge]
@Kaka this is a good place to spur that post count. What do u think of the upcoming Knick vs Heat?

Knick in 6?
Iunno that's the weirdest matchup ever lmao.

But I think the inexperience of the Knicks team, coupled with the momentum of what the Heat just did against the Bucks, might get Heat the win.

Do you think Lakers and Warriors will both win their round 1 matchups and we get a LeBron Curry matchup? And if so, who do you think wins?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
With how much 3´s the lakers are missing, Warriors going to have a field day.

Then you had the fact that Draymond is going to injure Davis 😮💨

Top Bottom