Sports NBA Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
@Noyman2000 Yoo yoo Woj bomb, looks like Collison may be interested in making a come back this season. He'd be a perfect fucking fit for us, I'm so excited lol.

Saw that he was also interested by the Clippers as well :monkaH:
Lol Collison is like "What's my role guys?"

Lakers: "Backup/starter for 25-30 mins. Possibly close games :tedhug: " Clippers: "We want you not to play for the Lakers! :madgirl: "

Yeah you guys really need a bit of size. Hordford/Baynes would have been so crazy this year with the new look Celtics. Defensive and Offensive presence
IKR. New look in that they don't have a malcontent anymore and Kemba's the PG! :pikachu:
[automerge]1578341013[/automerge]
Holy shit! Dwight is back in the dunk contest after a decade. :poggers: Ja Morant has been invited but I don't know if he's made a decision yet.

Wish VC would join too since he could still do it and it's been 20 years when he won it. Maybe he could do 1 windmill or 360 dunk for commemoration while wearing a Raps jersey in his last year. Also, VC has now played in the NBA in 4 different decades. He's old af.
[automerge]1578678323[/automerge]
Aw shit. Stephen A. Smith is coaching the celebrity all-star game next month. Hopefully, he plays as well 'cause we all know he's the GOAT when carrying ESPN with no load management!

[automerge]1578838763[/automerge]
@novaselinenever Nice to see you support a terrorist!

Last edited:

novaselinenever

Best Dad!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Holy shit! Dwight is back in the dunk contest after a decade. :poggers: Ja Morant has been invited but I don't know if he's made a decision yet.

Wish VC would join too since he could still do it and it's been 20 years when he won it. Maybe he could do 1 windmill or 360 dunk for commemoration while wearing a Raps jersey in his last year. Also, VC has now played in the NBA in 4 different decades. He's old af.
Is it confirmed? I saw a weird interview from him like denying it. Think he's involved somewhat but maybe not as a straight up contestant.
Aw shit. Stephen A. Smith is coaching the celebrity all-star game next month. Hopefully, he plays as well 'cause we all know he's the GOAT when carrying ESPN with no load management!
Lol he's about to get ejected of the game no doubt. Now I have to watch the celebrity all star game :pepega:
@novaselinenever Nice to see you support a terrorist!

You're not educated enough. Don't do that :dogkek:
[automerge]1578955972[/automerge]
Sweet back to back dubs on the road trip. My boy Kuz stepping up :pepemusic:
[automerge]1578956095[/automerge]
@Noyman2000 We meet Saturday hoe, all bets are off :catsamurai:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Is it confirmed? I saw a weird interview from him like denying it. Think he's involved somewhat but maybe not as a straight up contestant.
Shams reported it first. Maybe he changed his mind considering they're great this season.

Lol he's about to get ejected of the game no doubt. Now I have to watch the celebrity all star game :pepega:
*Calls foul*

Stephen A: "You're wrong and here's why" (first technical)

*Calls another foul*

Stephen A: "Stay off the WEEEEEEEEE-DUH!" (ejection)

I wish Kwame Brown would play for him, lol. :LOL:

@Noyman2000 We meet Saturday hoe, all bets are off :catsamurai:
Aw shit! We're not ready yet. :monkaH:

Have mercy pls. :pandacry:

novaselinenever

Best Dad!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
*Calls foul*

Stephen A: "You're wrong and here's why" (first technical)

*Calls another foul*

Stephen A: "Stay off the WEEEEEEEEE-DUH!" (ejection)

I wish Kwame Brown would play for him, lol. :LOL:
Lmao Kwame being against him and torching his team would be hilarious as well.
[automerge]1579382015[/automerge]
Aw shit! We're not ready yet. :monkaH:

Have mercy pls. :pandacry:

Can't lose 2 in a row :catsamurai:
[automerge]1579382034[/automerge]
Did you see Kyrie's interview lol? He's back like he never left

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Lmao Kwame being against him and torching his team would be hilarious as well.
He will! He'd go 50/50 double-double if he played, lol.

Can't lose 2 in a row :catsamurai:
.............we'll be back. :blobcry:

Did you see Kyrie's interview lol? He's back like he never left
He's a troll like us now. I saw this just now. LOL

[Lee] Kyrie: “It’s not a coincidence that the last time the Nets won a title, they were led by Julius Erving. And now, we have an Irving. I’m just saying”

Kyrie Irving was getting dressed in the visitor’s locker room at Wells Fargo Center on Wednesday when he decided to share some Nets history with Caris LeVert, who was standing nearby.

“It’s not a coincidence that the last time the Nets won a title, they were led by Julius Erving,” Irving said, referencing the two ABA titles Hall of Famer Julius Erving won with the then-New York Nets in 1974 and 1976. “And now, we have another Irving. I’m just saying.”

The implication was that the Brooklyn Nets were eventually going to win it all again because they employed another player whose name was pronounced the same. Irving was half-joking, half-serious but LeVert was fully confused. Realizing that LeVert wasn’t really feeling his name theory, Irving tried to enlist support from Theo Pinson. Then he called out for Taurean Prince, who furrowed his brow, perplexed.

“I’m just saying. Erving. Irving,” the mercurial All-Star point guard turned defense attorney said, making his case, to no avail. “How do you spell his name again?” Pinson responded, hoping that Irving would realize how silly he was being with the Dr. J chatter and just…stop.

“He’s with an E,” Irving said, acknowledging the difference, “but how do you say it?

novaselinenever

Best Dad!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
.............we'll be back. :blobcry:

[automerge]1579411737[/automerge]
It was such an ugly game though lmao. The refs are so atrocious. Great win without AD :pepemusic:
[automerge]1579411747[/automerge]
KCP is an absolute stud
[automerge]1579411813[/automerge]
Lmao with him you can't even know if he's joking or serious. He's something else lol.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

[automerge]1579411737[/automerge]
It was such an ugly game though lmao. The refs are so atrocious. Great win without AD :pepemusic:
[automerge]1579411747[/automerge]
KCP is an absolute stud
I hate that game.

Lmao with him you can't even know if he's joking or serious. He's something else lol.
Can't wait 'till KD comes back. Could be the most moody team next year, lmao. :pepelaugh:
[automerge]1579542800[/automerge]
@novaselinenever @Emperor Cross @Gambit Martin Luther King Jr. = Kyrie Irving (2nd part)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I will take Kyrie in my team everyday. He’s a freaking clutch player but he needs to understand that maybe he isn’t a leader material.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I was never a diehard basketball fan, especially of todays basketball which in my humble opinion can't be compared with the greatness of the one that was played in 90s and early 00s, but I always loved to watch a really good game, especially when I was younger and was blessed to actually flick on the TV and watch probably the greatest generation of ballers ever going at it live, Kobe was definitely one of them, one of the handful of players in history that could be placed in the same sentence and compared to Jordan...just another proof that life is way too damn fragile and short and unfair....damn....

Rest in peace Black Mamba, thx for the memories...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Welp, I have always hated The Lakers and Kobe.. I hated him because he was damn too good in the ball game that even Paul Pierce, my long time idol was having hard time defending him.. But I have much respect for him for the effort he was bringing into the league. He was incomparable. I mean, he was a GOAT.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
A big part of my childhood died when he retired. He's the first player I ever knew in the NBA. It's unreal to me that he's gone now. I'm still trying to process this. RIP to him, his daughter and the families that were part of this tragedy. Teared up a little bit on this one. ?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I grew up watching Kobe, I wasn't really a fan of him, but I always appreciated his love and dedication for the game of basketball. One of the fondest memories I had growing was when me and my friends trying our best to copy his moves.

I had to go to the nearest basketball court today, I even challenged myself to make 24 shots before missing 8 shots. I ended up making 24 shots with only 4 missed, it took me almost an hour to achieve it.

I said that was for you Kobe.

This is a sad day. This one hurts a lot.
[automerge]1580118772[/automerge]
Gigi's passing hurt me more tbh. Kobe won individual awards and championships, got married, had four children. Gigi didn't get to live her life. She had a bright future of her. I am heartbroken for the Bryant family.

A big part of my childhood died when he retired. He's the first player I ever knew in the NBA. It's unreal to me that he's gone now. I'm still trying to process this. RIP to him, his daughter and the families that were part of this tragedy. Teared up a little bit on this one. ?
I will be in LA next week to watch Lakers vs Rockets. I will be wearing full Kobe gear in honor of him.

Also, I am done hating players, from now on, I will just appreciate these current players and their greatness. Life is short.
[automerge]1580120044[/automerge]
Kobe wearing barong tagalog and dancing tinikling.

Probably his first Philippine visit around 1998.

@Noyman2000 @Gambit

Last edited:
Top Bottom