Spoilers One piece - 1040 spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 1040
Title: Words that have no effect on the New Generation

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1040 QUICK SUMMARY
- In the cover, Niji and Yonji flashback to when they were beaten by Big Mom.

- Big Mom manages to withstand Kid's attack. Then she tries to take lifespans from all those around her. But Law stops her.

- Kid keeps shooting Big Mom until the floor collapses. Big Mom falls down through the armory, taking Kazenbou and all the bombs along with her.

- As Big Mom falls down through the bottom of Onigashima, she thinks about Roger. "Why didn't you just say it before you die, Roger!? What exactly is One Piece and where is it!?"

- Big Mom falls into Wanokuni's hole while she tells Law and Kid not to think that she's going to die this easily.

- We see a huge explosion in the hole. Narrator proclaims Law and Kid winners of the battle.- Momonosuke tells Yamato that Zunisha is near, Yamato is surprised and asks if it's the elephant that appears in Oden's journal.

- Momonosuke: "Yes! It's Joy Boy's nakama who committed a crime 800 years ago!!"

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great spoiler!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!​

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Kid and Law finally won :pepeking:
I like the way Oda ends this battle. I hope @Gambit is satisfied too.
BM is not down after the last chapter. Holy f*ck. :monkaH:
And it takes Kid spamming his "ultimate attack" + a nuke capable of destroying an island in order to "finish" her.

But that Zunesha reveal though...mind-blowing.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
If people still have as many issues with big mom being 'defeated' after this than I really don't know what else Oda can do to please lmao. Kid and Law gave every ounce of energy to knock her out of the arena. Even with the drop and all the bombs exploding around here, I don't think she's dead.

The Zunesha reveal is real cool but to be expected that it had a link with the old times. With every threat out of the way the next couple of chapters will most likely be directly focused on Luffy vs Kaido. :pepebounti:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Daaaaaamn Zunesha what are you xD

Hope Big Mom ain't dead. n.n

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
With every threat out of the way the next couple of chapters will most likely be directly focused on Luffy vs Kaido. :pepebounti:
Don't forget we still the most legendary ninja battle that is better than every fight in Naruto. :pepelaugh:

I don't think she's dead.
Neither do I. Probably just out of commission and her children will rescue her.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
New updates

- Misery tries rescuing BM but it's stopped by Kid and Law

- Big Mom tries conjuring new homies from objects in her vicinity so that they can save her from falling, but Law makes an R-Room inside which no sound can be heard to avoid her from doing that. The power works like Corazon's DF.

- Big Mom punches one of the bombs Yamato had frozen & it explodes. Kanjuro’s Kazenbo gets caught up in the explosion & becomes visibly weakened (or dead?) Lower part of Onigashima gets blown away.

- Big Mom laments Roger for creating the great pirate era (since it has led to her downfall)

As if Laws fruit isn't busted enough...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
New updates

- Misery tries rescuing BM but it's stopped by Kid and Law

- Big Mom tries conjuring new homies from objects in her vicinity so that they can save her from falling, but Law makes an R-Room inside which no sound can be heard to avoid her from doing that. The power works like Corazon's DF.

- Big Mom punches one of the bombs Yamato had frozen & it explodes. Kanjuro’s Kazenbo gets caught up in the explosion & becomes visibly weakened (or dead?) Lower part of Onigashima gets blown away.

- Big Mom laments Roger for creating the great pirate era (since it has led to her downfall)

As if Laws fruit isn't busted enough...
Yea Law's fruit is crazy lol.

I wonder who the next 4 Yonkou will be by the time One Piece ends.

I'm assuming Law and Kid will both be it, Luffy also but when he's Pirate King that won't count, so I wonder who else. Maybe Shanks will stay a Yonkou. Maybe Marco will be one.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yea Law's fruit is crazy lol.

I wonder who the next 4 Yonkou will be by the time One Piece ends.

I'm assuming Law and Kid will both be it, Luffy also but when he's Pirate King that won't count, so I wonder who else. Maybe Shanks will stay a Yonkou. Maybe Marco will be one.
I firmly believe at the end of this story, piracy will be over anyway. So the whole pirate king and yonko will be redundant. The true history will be revealed which will result in a total conversion of the world itself. The tenryuubito will be dethroned and the marines will turn into a normal power. That's what I believe at least.

Or pirates will be turned into simple adventurers or something along those lines. Like how roger inspired the golden age of pirates, Luffy will be the one to end the age of piracy indirectly.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I firmly believe at the end of this story, piracy will be over anyway. So the whole pirate king and yonko will be redundant. The true history will be revealed which will result in a total conversion of the world itself. The tenryuubito will be dethroned and the marines will turn into a normal power. That's what I believe at least.

Or pirates will be turned into simple adventurers or something along those lines. Like how roger inspired the golden age of pirates, Luffy will be the one to end the age of piracy indirectly.
Hmm interesting theory xD

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Big Mom’s fall is giving me Marineford Akainu vibes after WB sent him plummeting to the depths. Defeated but not dead.

Not saying she’ll just bounce back, but I don’t think she is dead.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Big Mom’s fall is giving me Marineford Akainu vibes after WB sent him plummeting to the depths. Defeated but not dead.

Not saying she’ll just bounce back, but I don’t think she is dead.
I hope so xD

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oda hasn't written a death of someone with importance without it being center stage. Or at least to my knowledge I'd say she's defeated but not dead yet. If perospero can tank a massive explosion with only loosing an army so can Big Mom lol.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Law putting up justice in his fruit's name: OP Fruit!

I felt satisfied with BM's fall. Looks like she couldn’t beat old age either like WB.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
R-Room inside which no sound can be heard to avoid her from doing that. The power works like Corazon's DF.
Thats weird and would mean Corazons fruit was the super weak version of Laws fruit.
I hope Oda let Corazon appear when Law using this ability
[automerge]1644475017[/automerge]

Corazon :pepecute:

(RAWs are out)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Thats weird and would mean Corazons fruit was the super weak version of Laws fruit.
I hope Oda let Corazon appear when Law using this ability
[automerge]1644475017[/automerge]

Corazon :pepecute:

(RAWs are out)
What do you think the letters are for Laws special rooms. My headcanon is the following.

K-room = Kill room
R-Room = recovery room.(hence why it is silent so the patients can sleep)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
What do you think the letters are for Laws special rooms. My headcanon is the following.

K-room = Kill room
R-Room = recovery room.(hence why it is silent so the patients can sleep)
That would be a nice questions for SBS :pepethinking:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Indeed, fits the man's character as well. Even tho the ope ope fruit is bonkers doesn't really feel like an ass pull that he can do such a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom