Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 994
Title: Also Known as Yamato

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON
mangasail

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 994 QUICK SUMMARY
Coming Soon...

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!​

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So, many predicted that Kaido will fight the entire SH crew.
But at the same time, Kaido will probably finish off the Scabbards before the SH crew arrived (except Luffy), as the SHs haven't even started their fights yet.
What will happen if that's the case?
Is Kaido going to just chill at the rooftop, sitting and drinking on top of the Scabbards' corpses, while waiting for his main opponents? Like when Oden beat Asura?

And gosh, I love Queen! He's certainly one of the most sadistic and cruel pirate in OP.
Now the entire fight becomes a deadly cat and mouse game.
Zoro is chasing Apoo though. So far, it just doesn't seem like he's going to have a proper fight. Is this Oda's way of teasing Zoro fans and making us impatient? :feelslaserman:

Also, can anyone tell me how this guy takes a poop? :weirdpeep:

Last edited:
Reactions: Rej

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I remember how a friend once complained that females in One Pieve aint getting pushed in fights or other dramatic scenes.

I had ro remember this now after this epic Kiku and Yamato scenes. Kudos to them.

Also wow Apoo is the ultimate plot device and I like how the plot is moving there. Apoo will be important now and I like this. Feeling like Brook might steal that antidote and give it to Chopper. Please I need those SHP interactions. :4

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Woman power!!! #equality

Immmana wait for a better translation. Lol
Well, Yamato says he is a man so he’s got manpower at least :ROFLMAO:
But yeah damn I was not expecting Kiku to go full Mirko on us :monkaOMEGA: that was badass.

speaking of manpower—kinnemon throwing massive shade at kaido LMFAO so spicy

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Well, Yamato says he is a man so he’s got manpower at least :ROFLMAO:
But yeah damn I was not expecting Kiku to go full Mirko on us :monkaOMEGA: that was badass.

speaking of manpower—kinnemon throwing massive shade at kaido LMFAO so spicy
For Yamato, I still view her as an actual female. She's just so inspired with Oden that he carry on his will. I bet my ballz, she's still a sweet girl inside.

Kiku is such a badass I agree. She even said she's ok lol. How can u be ok after severing your arm. Fucking beast right there..

Kin has to pull that amt of shade, he is the RS leader after all but I want to see him die for emotional satisfaction.

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
some random thoughts:
-Sanji will save the Red Scabbards when he Jinbei and Luffy get to top.
-Luffy and Jinbei vs Kaido and Jack (new JInbei Deathflags)
-Zoro and allies vs King and Queen (1 hour till Zoro can move on to Kaido)
-During the clock Oda will make us like Apoo because he will turn over and give the antidote to the allies so Chopper can heal someone.
-Scabbards will lose at the end of the clock.
-Yamato and allies (possible remaining SHPs) vs Flying Six (Flying 5), they will win (first major win in this war)
-Nico Robin will restart the Poneglyph plotline soon

I think most of these mini theories/predictions will happen towards chapter 1000 or be the main part of content around 1000

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hum... interesting point of view, I don't know what even think about it. In one said it totally makes sense but in the other you know that it can't happen.
Oda needs to fix this, I hope he can find a solution to that. 😬🙏
Luffy vs Shanks is the only solution I can see. There is a reason why Shanks is younger than the other Yonko. Shanks doesnt have this natural raw power of Kaido or Big Mom. And Luffy also doesnt have this raw power. Luffy will outhaki Shanks and thus become the strongest pirate.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
If anyone wants me to post a 993 review let me know (I didn't end up making time for it last week, though I did read the chapter).

One Piece Chapter 994:
-The end of this cover story is fine... the better news is that there will no doubt be cover page requests until at least 999 (1000 will be a colour spread). Hoping the next one will be a Sabo cover story... though I'm aware popular speculation is a Whole Cake Island cover story.
-Kin'emon putting fire to good use, Kiku being an absolute unit
-Kaido respects the samurai, also talks of death more (given how obsessed he is with dying, it's hard to imagine how he will die, if at all, given that antagonists don't typically get what they want)
-Oh, and HE'S REVERTED TO HUMAN FORM!
-Kin'emon sees no glory in losing to Kaido, perhaps in fighting for a goal, but not simply in losing itself (which makes sense, a lot of people have likely lost to Kaido, and on its own that defeat holds no significance, nothing to admire)
-Luffy, Jinbe, and Sanji headed to the top... Sanji annoyed that he wasn't mentioned by the foot soldiers. Though his current bounty is the third highest in the crew, it's not clear who is aware of this new bounty at this point in time. Sanji's previous bounty was below Usopp's, so though he might not be aware of it, he likely doesn't carry the same level of notoriety as Jinbe and Luffy.
-All that being said, he will be third strongest in the crew by the end of the arc.
-New headliners 🤣
-It's clear these guys are being introduced purely to relieve tension through their comical designs. "So you get these giraffe powers... but the giraffe grows out of your back?" "What, why would I take that?" "Well, no I was just kidding, seriously, it'll be cool." "Okay..."
-What's up, chicken butt?
-STOP GROWING LIKE THAT! - I concur, but also no, give me more pained existences! :blobcorn:
-Queen has no chill (Ba dum tss)
-Even Hotei's thinking "I picked the wrong team, didn't I?"
-Hyogoro is anti-suicide, thankfully for Ohmasa the Infected
-Chopper figures out the most immediate and plausible course of action
-Seems like Apoo and Queen don't like each other that much
-Apoo was given the antibody - well things just got a whole lot easier. I'd be disappointed in Apoo's character if he decided to stubbornly try to hold onto the antidote - he strikes me like the kind to switch sides when it's convenient so I could see him just surrendering.
-We get a glimpse into more of Yamato's motivations and personality, they also kick some unnamed ass.
-Waiting for the Kaido/Yamato flashback to clear things up, I don't like speculating on the latter's character arc because people come across as being invested in it one way or the other, and the only thing I think is certain about it is that in the end, I expect that there will be a conclusion that it is not okay to impersonate people.

A bit more speculating and commentary this time around on my part, perhaps due to this being a transitional/setup chapter. If every chapter up to 999 has a new grifter design that would be peak One Piece comedy, but I also think that even though this story is in the 'middle' of the raid, there's still so much to set up... in part because of all the moving pieces. Highlight of the chapter was Yamato's words, did enough in my mind to more or less reset them to the first impression.

This was more or less my review of One Piece Chapter 994, thank you for reading if you chose to do so.

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
-Kin'emon putting fire to good use, Kiku being an absolute unit
This right here. That was bad ass fuck. It hurts like hell and she took it as a champ

I really didn't like middle part tho. Expecially fodder beating. Its basically stalling until chapter 1000

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Luffy vs Shanks is the only solution I can see. There is a reason why Shanks is younger than the other Yonko. Shanks doesnt have this natural raw power of Kaido or Big Mom. And Luffy also doesnt have this raw power. Luffy will outhaki Shanks and thus become the strongest pirate.
Only if Blackbeard doesn't kill him before their meeting, but even in that case it is very unlikely that Luffy would fight against Shanks.
I can't even imagine Luffy defeating Blackbeard in team fight, just the thought of it freezes my blood, but unfortunately it is a big possibility at this point, oda might very well go with shonen cliche of power of friendship when Blackbeard becomes OP and it requires main characters frends to defeat the BiG BAD.

To be honest when I first started one piece I never thought that it would come to this, my first impression was that "Oda is a genius writer and one piece is the best manga of all" but I've changed my mind very drastically at this point. In worst case scenario Luffy's character was merely created to gather a lot of friends. I guess Zoro fans were right when they said that "Zoro vs Mihawk will be the best 1v1 in one piece" back then it was funny but now... not that much. 😳

fairy tale predicted it all along.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom