Anime One Piece Anime Discussion

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Was good episode ! Good that they didn't drag kawamatsu's appearance just like in manga.
And that lady ninja is now confirmed DF user , didn't pay attention in manga .
Her df is similar to the Marin who destroyed Zoro's sword at Enies Lobby.
Her DF is quite strong , if the user is smart. Another example of powerful df with stupid user..

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Was good episode ! Good that they didn't drag kawamatsu's appearance just like in manga.
And that lady ninja is now confirmed DF user , didn't pay attention in manga .
Her df is similar to the Marin who destroyed Zoro's sword at Enies Lobby.
Her DF is quite strong , if the user is smart. Another example of powerful df with stupid user..
I’m pretty sure she is actually quite capable. What makes you think she’s an idiot?
[automerge]1578310695[/automerge]
Anime has been pretty strong in Wano.
The pacing is still One Piece, but it’s generally better. They did a great job closing the curtains on act one this episode.
Think act 2 will be perfect for the anime pacing wise considering how many cutaways there were in each chapter.

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
episode was lit af, I liked everthing in beehive, loved the Blackbeard vibes

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think content wise this was a bit of a nothing episode, but I think it was serviceable throughout. The number of cutaways throughout the episode certainly seem to be helping the pacing in a big way, even if the content itself isn't particularly engaging.

Art and animation wise, aside from a few awkward and lengthy long shots, everything was pretty much on point. Hisada's art was nice and sharp, and there was some nice kanada esque action animation from him during the Dog Duke vs Ashura fight.

Overall, a fine if dull episode. Considering that this section was a little stale even in the manga, I think this is the really the best the anime can hope to do. I'm thinking we can expect two nice action episodes at least in the next few months, even if we have to wade through serviceable though not particularly gripping episodes like this. Like the rearranging of stuff, also, I think whether the flashcards are used for character introductions is purely a director based thing.

For Queen and King it kind of makes sense, considering they have moments when they are more formally introduced anyway, like King stopping Big Mum's boat, and Queen literally having a chapter named after him where his formally introduced.
[automerge]1581933515[/automerge]
An animator on the show drew a little picture of Kaido and his top officers for fun.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Streaming becomes legal under Crunchyroll. Crunchyroll has saved the rights for international streaming. Source: Ninutakutv/youtube

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The airing of One Piece episode 924 has been delayed by two weeks due to marathons that are taking over its time slot.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The anime did a great job with the raid suit.

But I have a question did Sanji use the diable jambe with the raid suit in his shooting star attack?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Ifter watching this episode , I belive that Sanji gonna b the next superstar after Wano ! Kids around the world gonna love him...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yeah, the episode was certainly better than I expected considering the content it was covering wasn't particularly good.

The animation staff went in hard, with long time animators on the show working beside free lancers to make the fight as impactful as possible. I think this is hands down Sanji's best animated fight in the show.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Anyone know where I can find the full movie?
[automerge]1585444886[/automerge]
Nevermind - found it!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I really liked the episode! It becomes even clearer now, that Kyoshirou could be Denjiro as in the manga. I really liked panda man putting his thumbs up between those scenes of SH interrupting and Oroshi's madness :ROFLMAO::D There was a small frame drop though when Robin was pursued,but all in all the graphics are quite stable and I like it, that Oroshi's main head is labled in a darker green. I really liked the exaggeration of theSH attacks as well.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Man the newest episode was sick! I highly recommend watching it! :)(y)
Katsumi Ishizuka went wild animating Zoro's onigiri.

Katsuni Ishizuka is a veteran animator of the show thats been on the show since some of its earliest episodes(I think his debut, or an early episode of his was Zoro vs Luffy).

His an absolute animation monster nowadays.

Top Bottom