Anime One Piece Anime Discussion

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Watched the episode twice.

Pretty solid.

Not much was covered, but the extensions worked for what they were(making Holdem seem really intimidating). But I genuinely really enjoyed the storyboard and the direction was pretty solid overall. Not much in the episode animation wise, but I enjoyed the zoom ins, and the art was nice, also, some nice little character nuance throughout that made the episode feel a little bit more alive.

In saying that, I didn't care for the two flashbacks this episode. The first one wasn't too long, but the Urashima one definitely overstayed its welcome.

Overall though, pretty solid episode.

Reactions: Rej
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Watched the episode twice.

Pretty solid.

Not much was covered, but the extensions worked for what they were(making Holdem seem really intimidating). But I genuinely really enjoyed the storyboard and the direction was pretty solid overall. Not much in the episode animation wise, but I enjoyed the zoom ins, and the art was nice, also, some nice little character nuance throughout that made the episode feel a little bit more alive.

In saying that, I didn't care for the two flashbacks this episode. The first one wasn't too long, but the Urashima one definitely overstayed its welcome.

Overall though, pretty solid episode.
The trouble always is and will be the pasing.

All the rest is quitely enjoyable.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
With this episode it's pretty much clear, that there will be 2000 episodes... I mean, what happened plotwise? Ruffy shouts the whole episode and the starvation of the poor and the food plantation alongside Speed was shown. I really loved the artwork again, but if you won't change the cliché of Ruffy's long dragged fights and all the shouting, you won't get new people to watch the series... I hope this will change soon..
I'm looking forward to the new Romance Dawn animation!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
With this episode it's pretty much clear, that there will be 2000 episodes... I mean, what happened plotwise? Ruffy shouts the whole episode and the starvation of the poor and the food plantation alongside Speed was shown. I really loved the artwork again, but if you won't change the cliché of Ruffy's long dragged fights and all the shouting, you won't get new people to watch the series... I hope this will change soon..
Please body, don't say "Ruffy" anymore...

My heart & soul have been broken in thousand sunny parts...

Please don't...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The anime will finish roughly, give or take, a year behind the manga. That's really how its been for more than the last decade, and how it will be into the future(which is bad, because the manga is releasing less chapters each year).

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Please body, don't say "Ruffy" anymore...

My heart & soul have been broken in thousand sunny parts...

Please don't...
Yeah I know, I know... I'm just too comfy with it since I grew up with Ruffy in Germany and it doesn't make a huge difference... It's just strange for me to call OP characters Zolo, Tlafalgalol Law, etc. just because there are nearly no r's in Japan.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yeah I know, I know... I'm just too comfy with it since I grew up with Ruffy in Germany and it doesn't make a huge difference... It's just strange for me to call OP characters Zolo, Tlafalgalol Law, etc. just because there are nearly no r's in Japan.
Zolo hahahah trafalgalo hahahah! _hypejoy::angrycrabs::larsicry::catgun:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I'm tierd of people complaining about pace after every episode release.....
It's not easy to maintain such long running anime on weekly basis...
In my opinion , manga is better option for long running series. Unless the anime have plot changes..(like Detective Cannon) .
I watch OP anime , because I don't watch any other anime...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I'm tierd of people complaining about pace after every episode release.....
It's not easy to maintain such long running anime on weekly basis...
In my opinion , manga is better option for long running series. Unless the anime have plot changes..(like Detective Cannon) .
I watch OP anime , because I don't watch any other anime...
The complains will finish once OP finishes and TOEI or another animation study decide to make a loyal adaptation of the manga to the series with a limit number of chapters & high animation quality.

Someday...would be very hard and would take some many years though because is a very very expensive project.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Zoro and Trafalgar are official romanisations same as Robin.
I am also quite sure that the romanisation of "Shimotsuki family" will end up being "Sozuki Family" following the pattern of "Kozuki Family" xD

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Zoro and Trafalgar are official romanisations same as Robin.
I am also quite sure that the romanisation of "Shimotsuki family" will end up being "Sozuki Family" following the pattern of "Kozuki Family" xD
I dont get the Sozuki/Kozuki theory.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I dont get the Sozuki/Kozuki theory.
Kanji for Kozuki is 光月 based on traditional japanese it would be
光 = Hikari (light)
月 = Tsuki (moon)
=> Hikaritsuki
But you can read/spell Kanjis different. Another varian a modern way (based Mandarin) you can read 光 as Ko and so ilthis way the official romanisation became Kozuki.

The Kanji for Shimotsuki is 霜月 based on Tradition japanese it is
霜 = Shimo (snow)
月 = Tsuki (moon)
But the modern way (which also used for 光 in Kozuki) is to spell/read 霜 is So. Thats way I think that the official romanisation of "Shimotsuki Family" will become "Sozuki Family".

You may know refer to Shimotsuki Village, but the Shimotsuki in Shimotsuki Village is written in kana and not Kanji. So it looks like
シモツ. It still has the same meaning, but its already written different.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It was a solid enough episode.

First half wasn't the greatest thing ever(since very little happened), but what was there was done competently enough.

Second half had Tu Yong Ce and Takashi Kojima's bits of action, which were quite nice. Especially the red hawk, which they did so much justice to.

I liked how they expanded on Okiku's presence here. In the manga, aside from here cutting down a few guys blandly, we are just told more than shown that she is really strong. This episode having her perform some superhuman feats alongside Zoro(who was an absolute monster this episode, like, literally his every slash killed like 10 guys), such as blocking arrows rapidly and speed blitzing Speed, actually sold her to me really effectively as actually being worthy all that praise Luffy and Zoro give her.

So yeah, fairly okay episodes, with some really nice action highlights here and there that elevate it. Anime is still producing those screen shot worthy shots every episode(this time around Jack), and Kojima's scene was the nuttiest thing ever.

Next episode also looks good. Looking forward to seeing how they'll expand on the Law/Hawkins fight. Looks like they'll be expanding the choreography of Hawkins sword play. Judging by the preview, I think Tu Yong Ce is also on next week.

BTW; Speed has haki arrows this episode. Don't really think that's particularly controversial. She's a distinguished officer in an emperors crew, and even people who weren't members of the Kuja pirates on the island of women could use haki arrows.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It was a solid enough episode.

First half wasn't the greatest thing ever(since very little happened), but what was there was done competently enough.

Second half had Tu Yong Ce and Takashi Kojima's bits of action, which were quite nice. Especially the red hawk, which they did so much justice to.

I liked how they expanded on Okiku's presence here. In the manga, aside from here cutting down a few guys blandly, we are just told more than shown that she is really strong. This episode having her perform some superhuman feats alongside Zoro(who was an absolute monster this episode, like, literally his every slash killed like 10 guys), such as blocking arrows rapidly and speed blitzing Speed, actually sold her to me really effectively as actually being worthy all that praise Luffy and Zoro give her.

So yeah, fairly okay episodes, with some really nice action highlights here and there that elevate it. Anime is still producing those screen shot worthy shots every episode(this time around Jack), and Kojima's scene was the nuttiest thing ever.

Next episode also looks good. Looking forward to seeing how they'll expand on the Law/Hawkins fight. Looks like they'll be expanding the choreography of Hawkins sword play. Judging by the preview, I think Tu Yong Ce is also on next week.

BTW; Speed has haki arrows this episode. Don't really think that's particularly controversial. She's a distinguished officer in an emperors crew, and even people who weren't members of the Kuja pirates on the island of women could use haki arrows.
Ultimately, Toei has divided too clearly the two parts of the chapter. The first is slow, hard to enjoy, with so many flashbacks (as this chapter). The second half is faster, enjoyable, with scenes well made in terms of animation battles and so on.

Only to say that i always enjoy OP wherever the pacing.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
A largely enjoyable episode.

Fukuzawa's board was great, and the direction and music placement was consistently solid throughout the episode. I liked how they expanded on the duel between Hawkins and Law by making sure the action realistically flowed better between scenes.

Animation wise, Ishizuka and Kojima(can't believe he showed up twice in a row) were the absolute highlights(handling Luffy's stamp on the gifter and Ace's fire fist respectively), and while there were plenty of snippets of nice action scattered throughout the episode, those two were the best. Tu Yong Ce handled the "second round" of the fight against Hawkins, with him animating the rotation around Law, and the clash, a bit of a conservative scene from him, but I will give him credit for the clash itself, which had some nice effects, and some really nice smears.

Overall, largely solid episode.

Romance Dawn next week. Should be a nice getaway.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Really good episode! I really enjoyed the background music and even the fodder fight. Tama's feelings were represented very well and Law's fight against Hawkins was awesome. I really liked the room and shambles. Those black lightning coming out of the sword clash were a bit strange but it was amazing overall.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Just 3 things:

•Well animated in fights scenes. Fluid for Luffy & Law.
•Maaaan, i love SMILE users. Speed that face always makes my day.
•Tama love you, even when you have said "aniki" how one hundred times.

Romance Dawn next with the tears.

Top Bottom