Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 1019
Title: Triceracopter

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON
readonepiece

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1019 QUICK SUMMARY
On the live floor, Sanji is still fighting Queen, and Zoro is receiving his recovery drug.
Luffy is finally inside Law's submarine and he wants a lot of meat.

We finally see Sasaki's hybrid form.
He then transformed his sword into a helix sword. His triceratops' hide also started spinning which allowed him to fly like a helicopter.
After he attacked his former troops, Sasaki used "Tricerabullet". Franky managed to block it and used "General Suplex" afterwards.
Franky tried to attack Sasaki's belly with "Victory V Slash", but the later dodged and destroyed Franky's sword to pieces.
Franky ran away while preparing his strongest attack, "Gaon Cannon Encore: General Cannon". It hit and sent Sasaki flying, but he survived.
Sasaki then used "Triceramagnum" which held Franky on the ground.
Franky then ejected himself from General Franky and used "Radical Beam" on Sasaki's exposed belly to end the fight.

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
What a crazy chapter!

I loved Franky's performance in this chapter but at the back of my mind, I felt that Tobi Roppo has been over-hyped. But perhaps we should not underestimate the efficiency of Science weapons in this series. After all, Oda has given too much importance and relevance to Scientific Stuff in the story and how formidable of an opponent one is for having this.

Laser Beam is significantly equal to that of Kizaru's light beams and in fact, scientists can even magnify its own potency depending on the materials/elements present in it.

We should not also forget that Pluton is indeed a scientific war machine that is capable of annihilating a mass of land.

It's just saddening that maybe, Franky will mainly rely on this craft rather than having to learn his Haki potential. Or maybe, Franky's next feat after this arc is to be at least on par with Queen's current level.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
That's quite some teasing from Yamato vs Kaido.
What do you think his Zoan is ?

Loved seeing Franky and Sanji. I hope that they'll have full 1vs1 fights.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I loved Franky's performance in this chapter but at the back of my mind, I felt that Tobi Roppo has been over-hyped.
I must say I'm also a bit underwhelmed by the potrayal of the Tobi Roppo so far.
That's partly because how quick it felt reading these 1v1 chapters, especially compared to the rooftop chapters.
I think I will be more satisfied watching the anime for these parts, especially judging from the quality of the recent episodes.

Ulti is the only one that didn't disappoint. She tanked attacks from Luffy, Yamato, and BM before "losing" to Nami-Usopp.
But she already made Nami-Usopp face their doom multiple times.

PageOne never really did shit.
Sure, he already got screentime sometime ago against Sanji but that was an auto L. But he never felt threatening in Onigashima.

Who's Who battle only lasted that long because he got help from his crew.
But fair enough, credits to Jinbe because he is supposed to be one of the strongest SH members.

And now Sasaki against Franky.
What surprised me was Sasaki didn't even have haki.
I also didn't feel any "impact" from his attacks.
Just compare that to Ulti cracking Usopp's head and Who's Who penetrating Jinbe's armarment haki.
On the bright side, I'm pleased with Franky. His laser attacks are crazy powerful, and his General Franky is crazy tanky.
He 1-shot the Number with Radical Beam, so it's quite normal for a zoan user like Sasaki to require a few more hits before going down.

It's just saddening that maybe, Franky will mainly rely on this craft rather than having to learn his Haki potential.
Agreed. It's a bit sad if Franky is going with the "macho scientist" route without any haki involved.
But if he gets to upgrade himself with Wano's seastone weaponry and Queen's invention after this arc, I'm not complaining. :datea:

That's quite some teasing from Yamato vs Kaido.
What do you think his Zoan is ?
Probably Qilin.
In Chinese mythology, its appearance is associated with the birth or death of a sage or illustrious ruler.
If we put that into One Piece's context, that would be the birth of a new yonko or Joyboy (Luffy), and the death of Kaido.

Loved seeing Franky and Sanji. I hope that they'll have full 1vs1 fights.
Franky just got his full 1v1 fight this chapter.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think the Ulti situation is set up by Oda just Nami could have achieved her win against her. Without the intervention of BM, I seriously doubt that Nami could take on someone of her caliber.

However, why do I have this feeling that eventually, all these flying 5 will return for a second round which will push the guys' limit and evolve into something new. Because seriously, if that's already it, then we will get to see all SHs on the rooftop anytime soon.

And remember, these guys are Zoan, so if Jack could return back with 50% HP, hell flying 5 could do so.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
However, why do I have this feeling that eventually, all these flying 5 will return for a second round which will push the guys' limit and evolve into something new.
That may be the case, yeah.

I just re-read some old chapters, and that fight between Nami and Miss Doublefinger in Alabasta arc lasted for 4 CHAPTERS.
There is no way every Tobi Roppo only got 1 chapter to show off.
But at the same time, I don't think any of them have anything new to offer in the fight.
Maybe they will come back heavily injured and SH crew will hold them off, while waiting for Luffy vs Kaido.
When Luffy wins, everyone in Beast Pirates will probably stop fighting, considering they're also outnumbered.

But if Oda pulls of a twist where Tobi Roppo come back and wipe out the alliance...that would be the real act 3 I've been waiting for. :poggers:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yeah these tobi roppo fights have been handled oddly. BM takes down 1 of them and does most of the work for another. We don't even seen the aftermath of Jimbei punching WW. Then there's how each fight has some other highlight in the mix that quickly takes interest to something else

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Probably Qilin.
Another option is Amaterasu.
Amaterasu is a Fire Fox. Style fits perfectly and not only that also the lore.

In japanese mythology Amaterasu is a goddes waiting for the chosen one (Susano) to defeat Orochi. Replace Orochi with Kaidou and Susano with Luffy. Besides that Amaterasu fits the theme in general since it also the Arc we have the Yamato no Orochi fruit and also the legendary sword Ame no Habakiri.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom