Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 1024
Title: Nobody Important

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON

readonepiece

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1024 QUICK SUMMARY
On the 2nd floor, many beast pirates fell to Big Mom's conqueror's haki. The beast pirates knew it was conqueror's haki, but not its source.
However, they saw Usopp walking at them, who then lied to everyone about him taking down both Ulti and PageOne.
Nami is talking with Franky through Den Den Mushi. Franky told everyone to stop enemies who are going the live floor.

On the 3rd floor, Brook is carrying Robin while getting burnt by the flames.
He's talking with Jinbe who's curious about Kaido's whereabouts and who's keeping him busy.

Back to the rooftop, Yamato is still fighting Kaido.
She used "Ringing Arrow" which Kaido deflected. Kaido replied with "Thunderous Arrow" which she blocked for a short time before she got knocked back.
We then see flashbacks of Yamato's past. Back then, she used conqueror's haki to knock out fellow beast pirates.
Because of that, Kaido imprisoned her alongside 3 great samurais, and one of them seems to be Shimotsuki Ushimaru.
The samurais were surprisingly kind towards Yamato, as they fed her with the only portion of food given by Kaido.
Yamato was touched by their kindness, and she showed Oden's logbook so the samurais could help her read it.
After 10 days, the samurais decided to break out of prison to help Yamato survive and fight Kaido.

Back to the present, we see Yamato and Kaido clashed with "Thunder Bagua" and conqueror's haki. That ended the chapter.

No break next week.

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
This is at least the second time Usopp has claimed to have conquerors haki. I hope he reveals that he has it in elbaf.
But that's such a good backstory for Yamato. Also, that guy is definitely Zorro's father.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
This is at least the second time Usopp has claimed to have conquerors haki. I hope he reveals that he has it in elbaf.
That would be hilarious, but I'm not against it.
If Yamato joins, Luffy's crew would have 4 conquerors, which is crazy.

But that's such a good backstory for Yamato
I must be honest that I never really liked Yamato since her introduction. She annoyed me quite a lot with her constant "I aM oDEn" bs.
But now I can empathize her a bit more with this backstory.

Also, that guy is definitely Zorro's father.
I'm not sure about that, but I don't have any arguments to back my doubts either.
I'm mostly curious whether Zoro was REALLY born in East Blue, or actually in Wano.

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I like the idea of Usopp having CoC unlocked in future xD

Oda is totally wylin recently.

Also I am on the train that this Ushimaru guy is either Zoro's father, or Greenbull or both. I love that.

Also finally more CoC clashes. Kaido vs Yamato animated must look god tier :pandaawn:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Kaido vs Yamato animated must look god tier :pandaawn:
That's 50:50. Did you watch the newest episode?

Yamato's Thunder Bagua was absolute fire, but I didn't like the potrayal of Luffy's fight against Ulti-PageOne.
Luffy was supposed to speedblitz Ulti when he grabbed her horns and threw her (which destroyed the floor, but not in the anime).
And then he quickly maneuvered around PageOne and finish him with Elephant Gun.
But in the anime, it felt slow and...less impactful?

Kaido's 1st fight against Luffy was also like that.
He was supposed to move so quick that Luffy didn't even have time to react when he got 1-shot, but the anime potrayed it as if Luffy was actually holding back Kaido's Thunder Bagua before he eventually got overpowered. :weirdpeep:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think all the Strawhats will unlock CoC by EOS. They'll need it, cuz I see the Blackbeard Pirates STACKING the odds against them. Blackbeard: King of Cheaters. Luckily, I imagine they'll have learned how to master CoC ( like everything else, there're different levels/facets ), unlocking new abilities linked to their innate talents.

----

In Usopp's case, I figure he'll take his lying and storytelling abilities to the next level...making "lies" become reality by using CoC to basically hypnotize his enemies into believing his bs. Cue Usopp bringing down his multi-ton hammer prop...only for his enemy to physically react like they'd just got slammed by a fuckton tons of weight. Stuff like that.

I dunno if we'll get a peak of this in Elbaf...but I think we'll see him pulling some kinda of miraculous David vs. Goliath feat thereabouts or at some point during the Final War, bringing down giants with mere stones backed up by "strong words."

----

Maybe it's nothing, maybe my attempts at figuring Japanese out are just plain trash lol, but another alternate way of reading nanigashi ( a certain somebody ), reducing it to nani + gashi can produce 'what?' + 'starvation/certain starvation.' Haha.

Pretty interesting, considering how events played out in Yamato's flashback. And Oda does love his word games. I may just be reading waaaaaay too much into things, but I wouldn't be surprised if another flashback revealed a boat containing a certain somebody, desiccated and having died from starvation, having given up the remainder of his stores to keep the young child in his company alive, washed up near Shimotsuki Village after travelling all the way from Wano ( this certain somebody had no navigation skills and got way lost, you see...or did Fate guide him?)

Indeed, samurai do not suffer from hunger * Dramatic musical note*

More interesting implications:

Would mean that offering up that food along with his compatriots to young Yamato may have actually sealed his death, provided he never ate anything following his escape from the cave.

Also, should it turn out Zoro's dad/benefactor/whatever died from hunger....well, would certainly add a new spin to his relationship w/ Sanji, considering what the latter knows about the ravages of hunger. Although who knows if either would ever be privy to such details.

Odds on Zoro undergoing his own extreme bout of hunger? I think so. Strawhats are set to experience hell pretty soon...only appropriate that the Z man out of all of them would walk a hellish path, and one shared by his crewmate/rival.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think all the Strawhats will unlock CoC by EOS. They'll need it, cuz I see the Blackbeard Pirates STACKING the odds against them.
Bold prediction.
The thing is, CoC is meant for people with certain characteristics, and I don't think all of Straw Hats fulfill those characteristics.

In Usopp's case, I figure he'll take his lying and storytelling abilities to the next level...making "lies" become reality by using CoC to basically hypnotize his enemies into believing his bs. Cue Usopp bringing down his multi-ton hammer prop...only for his enemy to physically react like they'd just got slammed by a fuckton tons of weight. Stuff like that.
LOL I can see this happening.
I'll personally remove the hypnotize part, so he will straight up use the CoC unconciously while delivering his fake hammer.

Reactions: Rej

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
That's 50:50. Did you watch the newest episode?

Yamato's Thunder Bagua was absolute fire, but I didn't like the potrayal of Luffy's fight against Ulti-PageOne.
Luffy was supposed to speedblitz Ulti when he grabbed her horns and threw her (which destroyed the floor, but not in the anime).
And then he quickly maneuvered around PageOne and finish him with Elephant Gun.
But in the anime, it felt slow and...less impactful?

Kaido's 1st fight against Luffy was also like that.
He was supposed to move so quick that Luffy didn't even have time to react when he got 1-shot, but the anime potrayed it as if Luffy was actually holding back Kaido's Thunder Bagua before he eventually got overpowered. :weirdpeep:
Yup saw the episode, I also found the Luffy vs Ulti fight lacking some energy, but outside of that some of the key moments were portrayed well. Like the gaze down between those two at the end of the prior episode or at the beginning of the current episode.

Yamatos entrance was kinda okay, the build up to it, a bit unneccessary. Voice reveal should happen at some cliffhangeresque moment.

I still wanna see more from Yamato and I have hopes that once we come to the roof in the anime, everything will be animated well.
I also don't want much filler choerography, depends really on the budget, but I def wouldn't mind a good ol 4 minutes fight made out of the current chapter. :pepemusic: I mean just the Yamato vs Kaido portion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom