Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 1029
Title: The Tower

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON
readonepiece

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1029 QUICK SUMMARY
After Sanji broke Queen's sword, he ran away to think about everything. He's worried that he would lose his emotions just like his brothers.
Some Beast Pirates shot bullets at Sanji, but they didn't work. Queen then chased after Sanji.

On the 2nd floor, Kid was struggling to fight because of his headache.
Big Mom was about to hit him, but Law used "Countershock" at her. Prometheus immediately used "Stollen Fire" at Law afterwards.
Big Mom eventually got back on her feet very quickly and hit Kid with "Mama Raid."

On the 3rd floor, Hawkins was apparently banging his head on the wall, which caused Kid's headache.
Killer begged him to stop and he was prepared to offer his life if needed.
Hawkins told Killer that he wouldn't mind if Killer surrender because his side has no chance of winning the war.
Killer saw that Hawkins might have regretted his choice, because Killer and everyone else are still standing despite the impossible odds.

Killer then asked Hawkins a question: what happens if Hawkins takes damage that has nowhere else to go?
As he was asking that, he cut Hawkins' left arm. Hawkins was shocked, but Killer immediately told him that Kid has no left arm.
Killer asked another question: if Killer removes the doll, how many lives does Hawkins have?
Hawkins told Killer that was the last one.

He also drew a "Death" card upright and summoned his giant strawman to attack Killer.
Killer quickly disposed the strawman with "Clawing Guillotine."
Hawkins drew another card, which was "Tower." Killer then finished off Hawkins with "Sonic Blade."
The "Tower" signifies great change, indicates the opening of a new path.
Back to the 2nd floor, Kid is now back to normal and ready for a proper fight.

No break next week.

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Chapter was great.
Reading the spoiler I wasn't sure if Killer vs Hawkins will get enough attention. But it was drawn great, making it a great final of the offpaneled fight.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I liked this one too, the Killer vs Hawkins fight was great.

Seems like some people aren’t a fan of Sanji running away from Queen after realising his powers and I understand why. I see it as a more interesting deviation from the standard hero being beaten -> awakening -> smashes bad guy fight. We’ve had many of those and this I think is a cool way to get some much needed development for SanjI, no doubt it will pay off in the coming chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom