Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Awful

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 1035
Title: Zoro vs King

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON

readonepiece

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1035 QUICK SUMMARY
Queen is finally defeated. He is sent flying outside of Onigashima after Sanji's barrage of attacks last chapter.
Sanji then returned Chuji to Osome before he fell to the floor due to exhaustion.

Back to Zoro's fight, he finally managed to damage King and destroyed his mask.
Zoro found out that King moves faster when the flame on his back is out, at the cost of having much weaker defense.
Beast Pirates underlings saw King's face. They said the WG would give 100mil just for the sightings of King's race alone.
King heard that, and summoned a magma dragon on his sword to burn those underlings alive.

Zoro and King continued the fight outside for a while until they were both at their limit.
As Zoro was about to use his new technique, "King of Hell Three Sword Style", we saw King's flashback afterwards.

The WG used to experiment on King to test his endurance before Kaido asked him to join his crew as his right hand.
His real name was "Arber", before Kaido changed it to "King" because Kaido respected his strength.

Back to the present, Zoro used "Purgatory Onigiri" which didn't deal any damage because King's flame was active.
King returned the favor with "Imperial Flaming Dragon" which was dodged, and followed by a melee that was blocked.
King tried to take away Zoro's swords again but that didn't work this time.
King suddenly disappeared into thin air. Zoro noticed that King must've sped up without his fire.
After King attacked, Zoro was already prepared to block it and cut King with "Bird Dance."

After that, King stopped tanking Zoro's attacks blindly and started blocked them. Zoro noticed that and mocked him for being scared.
King flew away and told Zoro that humans would never win against his kind.
Zoro took offense to that, and King said he would remember Zoro as a decent swordsman.
Zoro told King that he would scar King so bad that he would remember this fight if he managed to survive.

King used "Imperial Guardian Flaming Dragon", a seemingly bigger version of his previous attack.
Zoro replied with "King of Hell Three Dragon Style: 103 Senses Soaring Jingoku Dragon", with a stance similar to when Ryuma cut a dragon, but with three swords.
Zoro's slash sliced through the flame dragon, cut King's sword in half, cut his right wing, and pierced King's chest.

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So Zoro will most likely high diff King. If Sanji faced King, what do you think the level of diff will be?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
If Sanji faced King, what do you think the level of diff will be?
Probably about the same.
King is arguably tankier than Kaido in hybrid form and pretty much invincible with that flame armor on.
Even Purgatory Onigiri + Advance CoC didn't even touch King. It's crazy.

So knowing and understanding how King's body works is the most important requirement for anyone hoping to beat King.
Zoro, prior to this chapter, was bodied by King left and right.
But after Zoro found out King's secrets, beating him is just a matter of time.
Zoro has arguably the strongest 1-hit firepower out of anyone in Wano and all he needed was to land a few good hits when the timing is right.

I expect every character including Sanji (even Luffy) to always struggle against King in the beginning.
When they survive long enough to find out, their chance of winning depends on how fast they can react to King's attacks and reply with strong hits.
Sanji can easily match King's movement thanks to his speed & ability to fly, but his 1-hit damage isn't as strong as Zoro's.
So Sanji will still need to go all out with all his attacks when he gets the chance, which would exhaust him because he already had to move around so much.

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So Zoro will most likely high diff King. If Sanji faced King, what do you think the level of diff will be?
imho this wasnt a high diff, it was most likely a mid diff atleast

tbh both Sanji and Zoros fights were not fully on struggle.
It implies that King and Queen will be back for a final chapter probably and that Sanji and Zoro might take them down in an extreme diff scenario

I think the chapter was amazing I just imagined more..."danger"...more "push" on Zoro and Sanji to the point they get knocked out afterwards like Luffy got knocked out after the Kata fight.

Its difficult to judge now but it is how I feel. Curious what happens next tho.

Chapter was nice and King being brown with white hair, damn...nice aesthetics, amazing design

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
imho this wasnt a high diff, it was most likely a mid diff atleast

tbh both Sanji and Zoros fights were not fully on struggle.
It implies that King and Queen will be back for a final chapter probably and that Sanji and Zoro might take them down in an extreme diff scenario

I think the chapter was amazing I just imagined more..."danger"...more "push" on Zoro and Sanji to the point they get knocked out afterwards like Luffy got knocked out after the Kata fight.

Its difficult to judge now but it is how I feel. Curious what happens next tho.

Chapter was nice and King being brown with white hair, damn...nice aesthetics, amazing design
I agree. The fight ended way too fast imo just like Judge's son to think that it just started like 6.5 minutes ago. Lmfao.

Top Bottom