Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Awful

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 1038
Title: Kid & Law Vs. Big Mom

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON
readonepiece

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1038 QUICK SUMMARY
Raizo is completely on fire while holding on against Fukurokuju who started to get burned alive himself.
Jinbe saved the samurais on the second floor from the falling ceiling.

Chopper reverted back to his normal size. He's worried about the side effects of the drug Zoro took.
At the same time, Zoro is lying on the ground, unable to move while with a grim reaper standing in front of him. Franky is looking for Zoro.

Izo escaped the floor he was in after he beat the Beast Pirates and he landed straight in front of CP0 duo.
The duo wanted to walk away because Izo isn't their target, but Izo stopped them.

Yamato arrived at the basement on time and fights the fire demon.

On the live floor, Big Mom pummeled Kid and Law to the point their crew members even begged her to stop.
Their crews tried to approach them but Big Mom obliterated them in a flash.
She was about to go to the rooftop, but Law stabbed her with a giant sword by using his awakened "Kroom Anaesthesia" ability, "Shock Wille."
The steel beams got mad and tried to attack Law. But Kid pulled the steel beams with his power and attacked Big Mom with "Punk Corna Dio."

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Lmao, so Niji and Yonji never escaped the hell out of WCI. Hmm, I can foresee a future resurgence of BM's kids in the future events and would most likely be Mr. Foresight himself.

I agree with what my friend and I talked about the series of events in Onigashima. And I am really satisfied that Oda isn't elbowing Big Mom just yet because letting her lose to both Kidd and Law for plot purposes will appear pretty underwhelming and not justified. The two, whilst really powerful are not there yet, they are leagues away from Luffy in terms of raw power and willpower. I am really looking forward to how this battle will wrap up tho.

He added that it's really hilarious and ironic that as someone who linked to most of the memes, trolls, and arguably, albeit reaching as the weakest of all Yonkos (which I don't agree btw) is the one that actually displays how terrifying going against a Yonko really is.

It's just plain BS to win by simply wielding the will to do so, determination and courage. To defeat a Yonko, you need to give it all and be on par with their skills. BM is just too much for both of them. And that's the testament of being a Yonko.

Reactions: Rej
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Lmao, so Niji and Yonji never escaped the hell out of WCI. Hmm, I can foresee a future resurgence of BM's kids in the future events and would most likely be Mr. Foresight himself.

I agree with what my friend and I talked about the series of events in Onigashima. And I am really satisfied that Oda isn't elbowing Big Mom just yet because letting her lose to both Kidd and Law for plot purposes will appear pretty underwhelming and not justified. The two, whilst really powerful are not there yet, they are leagues away from Luffy in terms of raw power and willpower. I am really looking forward to how this battle will wrap up tho.

He added that it's really hilarious and ironic that as someone who linked to most of the memes, trolls, and arguably, albeit reaching as the weakest of all Yonkos (which I don't agree btw) is the one that actually displays how terrifying going against a Yonko really is.

It's just plain BS to win by simply wielding the will to do so, determination and courage. To defeat a Yonko, you need to give it all and be on par with their skills. BM is just too much for both of them. And that's the testament of being a Yonko.
While I don't think they will win. I honestly won't be surprised if they actually do manage to succeed. Law's awakening completely bypasses her natural defences. I mean, if they do lose there is no one that can stop her from going to Luffy who, if he even defeats Kaido, will be completely exhausted.

Combined with CP0 moving in towards the strawhats. I really have no clue how Wano will end, and I'm really excited for it.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
While I don't think they will win. I honestly won't be surprised if they actually do manage to succeed. Law's awakening completely bypasses her natural defences. I mean, if they do lose there is no one that can stop her from going to Luffy who, if he even defeats Kaido, will be completely exhausted.

Combined with CP0 moving in towards the strawhats. I really have no clue how Wano will end, and I'm really excited for it.
I think letting them lose to BM will only take it to the next level. I am just not fully satisfied with how it's going at this point. Don't get me wrong, it's fucking good but if they told us before that it is supposed to be more dirty and nasty than the Marineford war, then they better annihilate these supernovas at some point.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think letting them lose to BM will only take it to the next level. I am just not fully satisfied with how it's going at this point. Don't get me wrong, it's fucking good but if they told us before that it is supposed to be more dirty and nasty than the Marineford war, then they better annihilate these supernovas at some point.
I don't think that's ever been mentioned, right? The final war is supposedly one that'd dwarf marineford in that regard. But I don't think that's Wano to be fair. That'll mostly be strawhats vs blackbeard or something.

In any event, I'm enjoying their developments so far. Shame that Kids fruit has only been limited to attracting steel and turning it into objects. If Oda wants to it can be as hax if not even more than Law's fruit lol.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
And I am really satisfied that Oda isn't elbowing Big Mom just yet because letting her lose to both Kidd and Law for plot purposes will appear pretty underwhelming and not justified. The two, whilst really powerful are not there yet, they are leagues away from Luffy in terms of raw power and willpower. I am really looking forward to how this battle will wrap up tho.
Big Mom didn't take as much damage as Kaido prior to her fight against Kid & Law.
So yeah, it wouldn't make sense for her to go down this quickly.

I think letting them lose to BM will only take it to the next level.
I'm actually cheering for her. :ROFLMAO:
Or at the very least, Kid & Law would buy enough time for Luffy to win his fight and force her to retreat.

For me, when it comes to current yonkos (excluding Luffy, because he's not officially one), anyone can really beat anyone and it will be an extremely close fight.

I am just not fully satisfied with how it's going at this point. Don't get me wrong, it's fucking good but if they told us before that it is supposed to be more dirty and nasty than the Marineford war, then they better annihilate these supernovas at some point.
Me too.
I expected a couple of deaths to raise the stake, but at this point I don't even care anymore.
Wano is great, but it doesn't feel as intense as it should.
I never felt the anxiety I experienced when reading Marineford.

None of the Scabbards will die. I hope this chapter is a set up Izo's death, but I would just roll my eyes if he survives. :rolleyes:
The supernovas will all survive. Hawkins looks like he got murdered by Killer but he will also survive.
Everyone in the alliance always talk about killing Kaido, but that's probably all there is to it. Just talk.

Shame that Kids fruit has only been limited to attracting steel and turning it into objects. If Oda wants to it can be as hax if not even more than Law's fruit lol.
It's a shame indeed. I'm not a fan of Kid and his development so far makes me dislike him even more.
I was a fool for comparing him to Magneto. Not even close.

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
:pepemusic:

Fast paced chapter with alot going on, even if the title promised a focus on Big Mom vs Kid & Law, we still go much more in this chapter. Amazing!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It might be a coincidence, but I really hope it is. If Oda follows his planning Big Mom might be defeated here since this chapter had the x vs y title. And in all previous versions (Zoro vs King/ Sanji vs Queen) that chapter eventually revealed their respective defeats. And here the chapter is Big Mom vs Kid & Law.

:pepeweird:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I’m googling “Grim Reaper One Piece” for pics of the Grim Reapee that appeared in the chapter so La Spada can use it… and it pops up Doc Q. I forgot that Doc Q’s epithet is “Death God” and “Grim Reaper”.

What if Doc Q has a mythological Zoan of Grim Reaper, and he just transformed to kill Zoro? You know how Oda gives people epiteth equal to DF (Sengoku “The Buddha”). Could be a good way to introduce the BB pirates in Wano.

(sorry of this has been said. This literally just dawned on me)

Top Bottom