Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 1049
Title: The World We Should Aspire to

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1049 QUICK SUMMARY
-In the cover, someone burned Niji and Yonji’s book
-Kaido flashback time.
-Kaido is shown as an 8 year old in Vodka Kingdom.
-His country tries to sell him to the marines but he escapes.
-Kaido at age 15.
-He rampages in Hachinosu Island (Blackbeard's base island).
-Rock pirates comes to the island.
-Kaido meets young Whitebeard, who told him that captain Rocks wants to meet him (we don't see Rocks).
-Kaido is recruited to the crew as an appretince.
-Granny Kurizumi Higurashi (Orochi's mentor) invites Kaido.
-Cut to Bigger Kaido and King.
-The flashback ends with Kaido telling King he knows who Joy Boy is.
-Back to present timeline.
-Denjiro hugs Hiyori.
-The water from Onigashima and Jmbei spread, leaves the castle and lets off the flame clouds that were holding up Onigashima.
-Momonosuke starts making his own flame clouds.
-Luffy's punch hits Kaido.
-Kaido falls to the Flower Capital.
-Flashback continues.
-King: Who is it then?
-Kaido: The one who will defeat me!
-King: Then he will not appear.
-Onigashima falls near the capital.
-Momonosuke falls to the Flower Capital.

BREAK NEXT WEEK

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great spoiler!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!​

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Really curious to see how power levels with be dealt with from now on. Because Luffy defeated Kaidou, so who's gonna challenge him now? Shanks? But Kaidou was supposed to be the strongest? Akainu? Still shouldn't be as much of a challenge as Kaidou. So I don't get it. The only one that'd make sense is Blackbeard, since he could eat another fruit and become the strongest, but I don't see us going straight to Blackbeard.

Let's see.

Edit: Maybe the next little while won't be about Luffy fighting and overcoming someone stronger, but instead maybe the focus will be on history revelations... it's time to see the Void Century, etc..?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Really curious to see how power levels with be dealt with from now on. Because Luffy defeated Kaidou, so who's gonna challenge him now? Shanks? But Kaidou was supposed to be the strongest? Akainu? Still shouldn't be as much of a challenge as Kaidou. So I don't get it. The only one that'd make sense is Blackbeard, since he could eat another fruit and become the strongest, but I don't see us going straight to Blackbeard.

Let's see.

Edit: Maybe the next little while won't be about Luffy fighting and overcoming someone stronger, but instead maybe the focus will be on history revelations... it's time to see the Void Century, etc..?
There are various high tier individuals we've yet to see go all out so I wouldn't hold my breath for them to show up stronger than they were originally envisioned to be.

I don't know who gave him the nickname 'strongest creature' but I always take nicknames with a grain of salt. Do keep in mind that Akainu fought roughly equal with Whitebeard, who even in his old age. Was considered to be stronger than Kaido.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
There are various high tier individuals we've yet to see go all out so I wouldn't hold my breath for them to show up stronger than they were originally envisioned to be.

I don't know who gave him the nickname 'strongest creature' but I always take nicknames with a grain of salt. Do keep in mind that Akainu fought roughly equal with Whitebeard, who even in his old age. Was considered to be stronger than Kaido.
Akainu fought equal? o_O

He got put down in about 2 attacks lol.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Akainu fought equal? o_O

He got put down in about 2 attacks lol.
Didn't he blow WB's face off with a lava punch lol?
[automerge]1652276622[/automerge]
All in all let's not turn this into a powerscale discussion since I really don't like those. I'm pretty sure Luffy has plenty of dificult opponents to beat. And if not that's also fine since he's supposed to be the pirate king so shouldn't he at one point be the strongest pirate roaming the seas?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Additional spoilers:

-Kaido is shown as an 8 year old in Vodka Kingdom.
-His country tries to sell him to the marines but he escapes.
-Kaido at age 15.
-He rampages in Hachinosu Island (Blackbeard's base island).
-Rock pirates comes to the island.
-Kaido meets young Whitebeard, who told him that captain Rocks wants to meet him (we don't see Rocks).
-Kaido is recruited to the crew as an appretince.
-Granny Kurizumi Higurashi (Orochi's mentor) invites Kaido.
-Cut to Bigger Kaido and King.
-The flashback ends with Kaido telling King he knows who Joy Boy is.
-Back to present timeline.
-Denjiro hugs Hiyori.
-The water from Onigashima and Jmbei spread, leaves the castle and lets off the flame clouds that were holding up Onigashima.
-Momonosuke starts making his own flame clouds.
-Luffy's punch hits Kaido.
-Kaido falls to the Flower Capital.
-Flashback continues.
-King: Who is it then?
-Kaido: The one who will defeat me!
-King: Then he will not appear.
-Onigashima falls near the capital.
-Momonosuke falls to the Flower Capital.

Luffy doesn't have to 1v1 people.
It took 3 admirals to take down dying WB.
It took 5 supernovas, 9 Red Scabbards, 1 YC level character to take down Kaido.
Now it's Luffy's turn to show the whole world who the new boss is.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I still doubt Luffy finished off Kaido here. Both are equally exhausted and if Luffy ran out of gas, it's time to establish how powerful Kaido is, he said it many times over in many panels (Oda's words btw).

So my guess is that Kaido will face the execution of the 10 shadows based on the prophecy. Who might it be guys? All of SHP.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I still doubt Luffy finished off Kaido here. Both are equally exhausted and if Luffy ran out of gas, it's time to establish how powerful Kaido is, he said it many times over in many panels (Oda's words btw).

So my guess is that Kaido will face the execution of the 10 shadows based on the prophecy. Who might it be guys? All of SHP.
The raws are out I'm leaning more to Kaido being defeated.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The raws are out I'm leaning more to Kaido being defeated.
I totally agree. The RAWs imply Kaidou is defeated with Kaidou realizing Luffy being JoyBoy.

I am looking forward for the next chapters! Time for story updates. So many Poneglyphs found recently, I wanna know all of it:pepeexcited:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I totally agree. The RAWs imply Kaidou is defeated with Kaidou realizing Luffy being JoyBoy.

I am looking forward for the next chapters! Time for story updates. So many Poneglyphs found recently, I wanna know all of it:pepeexcited:
The resemblance with Doffy being defeated is uncanny imo. Especially the left corner panel.

But yeah while Wano was a great arc I'm glad we can finally move on. :LOL:

Hopefully :pepescared:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I really want the next arc to be more focused on story revelations and flashbacks and so on...

I wanna know about the Void Century, the Will of D, more about who Nika was, more hints about Raftel, the Ancient Weapons, the Red Line, maybe something about Imu or the Gorosei, etc..

So many secrets. I wonder if Oda plans to reveal it all in one arc in one grand arc of revelations. xD

Hopefully it's either a story-heavy arc on Elbaf, or a Davy Back fight between the Strawhats and the Red-Haired Pirates, where a lot of secrets are told by Shanks or something? Iunno.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I really want the next arc to be more focused on story revelations and flashbacks and so on...

I wanna know about the Void Century, the Will of D, more about who Nika was, more hints about Raftel, the Ancient Weapons, the Red Line, maybe something about Imu or the Gorosei, etc..

So many secrets. I wonder if Oda plans to reveal it all in one arc in one grand arc of revelations. xD

Hopefully it's either a story-heavy arc on Elbaf, or a Davy Back fight between the Strawhats and the Red-Haired Pirates, where a lot of secrets are told by Shanks or something? Iunno.
I think the reveal of what happened at the reverie will influence the next arc. Since we still don't know what happened to Sabo and the others.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think the reveal of what happened at the reverie will influence the next arc. Since we still don't know what happened to Sabo and the others.
That's a good one. The unknown Admiral was involved in that fight as well, so it'll be nice to potentially see him/her.

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
:pepeban: did I see Power level discussions? Hmmm?? :blobpolice:

It will be good to catch up on Wano all in one go. I read fight chapters way too fast and then I get antsy for the next bit. Though at this point I'm forgetting character names...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It will be good to catch up on Wano all in one go
Will you keep up with your list with all the clashes happened for the event :pepelaugh:

Maybe you should distinguish between clash and fights :pepethinking:

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Will you keep up with your list with all the clashes happened for the event :pepelaugh:

Maybe you should distinguish between clash and fights :pepethinking:
Oh it will be easier soon. And I think anytime another character knocks down their opponent I'll count it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom