Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Awful

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 1049
Title: The World You Wish For

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON
readonepiece

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1049 QUICK SUMMARY
Kaido is blocking Luffy's punch at the start of the chapter, then we see his flashbacks.

Kaido was 10 years old and he already became the strongest in his island, Vodka Kingdom.
Because of his strength, the Vodka Kingdom's king offered him for navy enlistment so the king could guarantee a seat at the Reverie.
Kaido always managed to escape the navy. He even deliberately let himself to get captured when he got hungry.
When Kaido entered his 15th year of badassery, he met Whitebeard at Pirate Island and was recruited to Rocks' crew.
Kaido stayed at the crew until the God Valley incident.

10 years since God Valley, Kaido met Kurizumi Higurashi, the granny who was also Orochi's mentor.
She proposed something to him, which most likely started the alliance between Kaido and Orochi.
During this time, Kaido talked with King about who Joy Boy is. Oden wanted to open Wano to welcome Joy Boy in the future.

Cut to the present time, the only surviving member of CP0 escaped Onigashima.
The water from Zou that Jimbei controlled spread around the castle and remove the flame clouds that were holding Onigashima.
Momonosuke managed to summon his own flame clouds at the last second to hold Onigashima.
At the same time, Luffy also managed to break through Kaido's flame dragon form and send Kaido to the depths of Wano.
While falling, Kaido remembers when he told King that Joy Boy is the man who will defeat him one day.

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It's finally over, the fallout out from this is going to be interesting to say the least

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Just notice there are still open questions :pepethinking:

Where are the BMP members?
What is the outcome of Zunisha vs Marine fleet?
Will the remaining CP0 member try to assassinate Luffy?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
BMP is a non-factor at this point. They will probably get smacked out of Wano for the third time by Zunesha.

By the looks of it, the escaping CP0 member is the only one still alive and he won't be coming back anytime soon.
If you're talking about Maha, it feels like he's "finished" thanks to Izo.

I'm more curious of who are in those ships.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
While the flashback was done a little odd given the status Kaido has I'm wondering how they'll even include the potential Elbaf. It'll need to have something of value. Since when the results of the reverie is revealed I can't imagine Luffy not trying to do something about it. If the hints about Sabo's status are to be believed.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Just notice there are still open questions :pepethinking:

My guesses are:
BMP were largely here just so BM wouldn't be stuck in Wano after everything settled down, though they might end up leaving Perospero behind
Zunisha is an acting deterrent to keep Marine forces out of Wano until the Strawhats recover so all it doesn't need to win, just wait things out and maybe pick up the minks
The CP0 guy who got Kaido'd might be still alive and continue where he started but of course he will fail. No clue about Maha though he could possibly bring bowler hat back to one of the ships
Yes, I'm doubting that anyone has died here yet. This is One Piece after all the eggs really need to hatch before they're counted

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hmm. Now that the Germa siblings have escaped and that Brulee and his bros would most likely jump through the ship's mirrors gave me an idea that the Germa will join the clusterfuck in Onigashima. And then there are the marines going in, too. This is not the end of the war. It's only just begun.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hmm. Now that the Germa siblings have escaped and that Brulee and his bros would most likely jump through the ship's mirrors gave me an idea that the Germa will join the clusterfuck in Onigashima. And then there are the marines going in, too. This is not the end of the war. It's only just begun.
Has a cover story ever impacted the canon storyline?

Only thing that comes to mind is Ace's search for Blackbeard. But that were mostly gags this seems like a second plotline in itself.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
This is a really good chapter for me. Kaido doesn't need much of a background story to still be an awesome villain. I'm excited to see the fall-out of this and the lore/bounties that come with.

This chapter was great 👍

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Kaido's backstory was way too short. I understand that Oda is trying to hide rox from us. This is definitely not the end of the fight for sure.

Top Bottom