Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 1055
Title: New Age

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON
readonepiece

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1055 QUICK SUMMARY
Momo is being beaten by Ryokugyu, but he still refuses Yamato's help.
Raizo uses his fire technique. Ryokugyu stops the flame with "Fireproof Forest" ability and proceeds to suck Raizo's nutrients.
The rest try to fight back, but Ryokugyu catches them all with his branches.

Cut to the Kozuki Sukiyaki's secret room. Robin and Law are following Sukiyaki down the stairs until they discover ancient ruins of Wano underwater.
Sukiyaki tells them that Wano used to be a large country located on the bottom of Mount Fuji.
At one point, the great walls that surround the island were built and the country was locked up. Rain water began to accumulate and flooded the entire country.
After that, rain water reached the highest part of the walls and the water began to fall from them creating the great waterfalls.
People decided to abandon the original Wano and built a new one around the mountainside of Mount Fuji.
The group reach the bottom of the stairs and enter large room where the Road Poneglyph is. The "Ancient Weapon Pluton" is located deep below the room.
Sukiyaki says that opening the border of Wano means destroying the great walls and unleashing Pluton.

Back to the outside of Flower Capital.
Momo still tells Yamato to not do anything because he doesn't want to rely on someone who's about to leave Wano.
He manages to accidentally shoots "Bolo Breath" at Ryokugyu. The Red Scabbards and Yamato break free. Ryokugyu is shocked.
He immediately shoots another "Bolo Breath" which burns Ryokugyu's entire giant tree body.
However, a small plant grows behind Ryokugyuu's burned body. Ryokugyuu grows up from it again and transforms.
Suddenly, black lightning from Shanks' CoC can be seen in the distance. Ryokugyuu is paralyzed and recognizes the Red Hair Pirates.
Shanks is angry and tells Ryokugyu to f*ck off because it's shameless to target the exhausted SHs after they make history. Ryokugyu decides to leave.
From far away, Luffy, Zoro, Sanji and Jinbe are observing the situation. Zoro is impressed with Momo. Jinbe is impressed with Shanks.
The chapter ends with Luffy smiling while the Red Hair Pirates' ship is moving away from Wano.

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I really thought they were gonna show us pluton lol. Another tease after almost 900 chapters.

Good to see momo man up though. Is yamato being there means he's not going with the straw hats? Shanks interfering also undermines momo a bit, no?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I really thought they were gonna show us pluton lol. Another tease after almost 900 chapters.
Maybe Oda wants to keep it for the final war.

Is yamato being there means he's not going with the straw hats?
Oda is playing tricks on us as usual.
The only way for Yamato to leave Wano is by joining the SH crew because of Luffy's connection with Ace.
There is a strong personal reason.

Shanks interfering also undermines momo a bit, no?
Only a bit. I mean, do we really expect him to fend off Greenbull 1v1? :weirdpeep:
But Momo still gets my respect for his character development. He's been great.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Maybe Oda wants to keep it for the final war.

Oda is playing tricks on us as usual.
The only way for Yamato to leave Wano is by joining the SH crew because of Luffy's connection with Ace.
There is a strong personal reason.

Only a bit. I mean, do we really expect him to fend off Greenbull 1v1? :weirdpeep:
But Momo still gets my respect for his character development. He's been great.
I guess i expected more from momo, the scabbards and yamato combined

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Filler chapter. I wanted to see the great shanks luffy reunion and instead got a chapter about how foolhardy the anime vegan gains guy is.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Good chapter really, one more road poneglyphs found

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
There are some people in other forums who got confused about why Jack still manage to navigate the old Wano sunk in water. It's not seawater so his DF is not affected by it. And it's also not because the Fishman race can defy the effects of the sea against DF users. Lol

Anyway, beautiful chapter. Momo is legit chad in this panel. And shanks? Don't fuck with him.

Top Bottom