Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Others

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 1056
Title: Cross Guild

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON
readonepiece

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1056 QUICK SUMMARY
In the castle, Raizo and Shinobu are recovering from Greenbull's attack that made them thin.
Neko and Inu appoint Carrot to become Zou's new ruler because they want to serve Momo in Wano.
Sukiyaki finally reveals his identity to Momo, Hiyori and the Red Scabbards. The samurais have known about this all along.
Meanwhile, somewhere in the castle, Robin tells the crew about Pluton. Luffy says he doesn't want it.
Suddenly Shinobi enters with her new youthful body. Tama is with her and tells everyone that she's going to be her apprentice.
Caribou overheards the conversation and plans to leak the information about Pluton to a "certain someone."

A few days later, Momonosuke visits Zoro's room to teach himself some swordsmanship. No one is there.
He meets with Kinemon and apparently the Straw Hats leave without saying anything to him either.

Cut to Tokage port, the pirates' crew are preparing to leave Wano.
Law picks the North-East route (the most direct). Kid gets the East route after he wins the lottery, leaving Luffy with the South East route.
Luffy gets mad and mentions how an emperor should be the best at drawing lot. Kid is triggered and tells how pissed he is about Buggy being a new yonko.
Crocodile and Hawk-eye seemingly work under Buggy in his "Cross Guild."
Moreover, Buggy is also issuing bounties on the marines, making the hunters become the hunted.
Law suddenly gives Kid the road poneglyph, saying that Kid earned it.
Killer mentions that he took the poneglyph from a BM commander a while back.
He also says that they need to look for the "man marked by flames" to get ahead in their search of One Piece.

Back to the castle, Yamato is standing on the rooftop and decides to follow Luffy.

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Last edited:

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So that's a nail in the coffin for carrot for nakama, right?

I see people calling croc and mihawk under buggy being clown behavior, but ok with shinobu somehow looking 20 years younger from being turned to a prune? I hope Raizo has a similar transformation. But I mean clown behavior is on brand for One Piece.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Certainly.
Personally I've never been a fan of her because she doesn't have much to offer for the crew, ability-wise and story-wise.

When the moon isn't full, Carrot is just your average fighter.
Yamato can whoop ass anytime, has CoC, which is important this late game to help Luffy become the PK.

Carrot also doesn't have strong motivation to join the SH, unlike Yamato.

I see people calling croc and mihawk under buggy being clown behavior, but ok with shinobu somehow looking 20 years younger from being turned to a prune? I hope Raizo has a similar transformation. But I mean clown behavior is on brand for One Piece.
Sometimes people forget that One Piece is a comedy manga that is not afraid to make jokes in places people don't expect.
Badass villains and protagonists have been made fun of in this manga since day one.

To me, this turn of events make the story much more interesting.
Now I'm more curious about Mihawk as a character. And he is already a very mysterious character.
As for Crocodile, we already know his character. He is definitely up to something and this new "move" of joining Buggy is fascinating.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Buggy getting new allies is a win.... But still voted for Caribou cause he finally mentioned "that person again" and tbh having knowledge about not 1, but 2 Ancient Weapon is greater then getting WSM as righthandman :pepeking:
[automerge]1659720167[/automerge]
Finally :pepeking:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

It is clown world but only if you still think op is a serious story. I have no issues with the comedy aspect and in fact, its why I love the downtime as much as serious moments.

But oda just doesn't care and personally? I don't support. But when you're 20 years in, what can ya do except see what random ending happens

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
ultra goated chapter, hope we get some cross guild explanations now that they became players in the final arc :pepemusic:

also....I CALLED IT, I CALLED THE FUCKING THIRD PIRATE AXIS :larsicry::larsicry::larsicry::larsicry:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Always glad to see Crocodile
Carrot never quite seemed to have the focus equivalent to other strawhat prior to joining the crew so I wasn't expecting her to be main crew material, but I certainly was expecting Neko and Inu to choose her as the next ruler
Still currently have a few questions. We only saw King and Queen in Udon, so where are the other Beast Pirates such as Jack, the Tobiroppo, the numbers and etc.? Did Kanjuro and Hawkins actually die? If so what happens to their devil fruits? And some other stuff I'm curious about.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
We only saw King and Queen in Udon, so where are the other Beast Pirates such as Jack, the Tobiroppo, the numbers and etc.?
I assume they are also imprisoned because there's no other explanation.

Did Kanjuro and Hawkins actually die? If so what happens to their devil fruits?
You forgot X-Drake. We haven't seen him even once after the battle ended.

BB immediately got WB's power after WB died.
So unless someone deliberately seek out Kanjuro and Hawkins, their fruits probably stay near their corpses.

But IF Caribou is a subordinate of BB, I wouldn't be surprised if he picked up all the fruits (including X-Drake's if he died) for BB.
Imagine if a giant like San Juan Wolf eats X-Drake's DF. Holy shit. :monkaH:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I assume they are also imprisoned because there's no other explanation.

You forgot X-Drake. We haven't seen him even once after the battle ended.

BB immediately got WB's power after WB died.
So unless someone deliberately seek out Kanjuro and Hawkins, their fruits probably stay near their corpses.

But IF Caribou is a subordinate of BB, I wouldn't be surprised if he picked up all the fruits (including X-Drake's if he died) for BB.
Imagine if a giant like San Juan Wolf eats X-Drake's DF. Holy shit. :monkaH:
X-Drake looked like he was in a survivable condition, imo, when we last saw him hence why I didn't mentioned him
Also, yeah the other beast pirates are probably imprisoned but it's weird we only saw three of the named ones, baring Speed and a couple of the other tamed smile users who were at the celebration

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Could it be Smoothie :pepethinking:
Who knows the fact kid manage to get a road poneglyph on his own with no allies is already impressive in itself.
[automerge]1660331339[/automerge]
My question is which location is each of the three supernovas are going to?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Its just my guess! What do you think?
All I know is both Luffy and kid pick east which is elbaf I believe so they ended up drawing a straw or a stick to see who gets to go towards that island and kid won that bet I'm afraid.

Top Bottom