Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Others

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 1057
Title: Final Curtain

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON
readonepiece

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1057 QUICK SUMMARY
On the cover page, Caesar clown uses his poisonous gas while Ichiji is fighting Katakuri.

Yamato decides to stay at Wano before sailing, just like Oden.
Momo and Kinemon are very angry at Luffy for leaving without saying a word.
When they all arrive at Tokage Port, Momo and Yamato immediately jump on Luffy.
While crying, Momo tells Luffy that he wants to be with Luffy forever and thanks Luffy for avenging his parents
In return, Luffy gives Momo the Straw Hats flag as a symbol of protection for Wano.
Luffy also tells Momo, Kinemon and Yamato that he would take them if they ever decide to be pirates.

After Luffy set sail, Nami wants to set course to Hakumai because there's a lift that can move ships down.
Hearing that, Kid mocks Luffy and Law, saying that the safe route is perfect for wusses like them.
Luffy and Law, triggered, then take over the ship's helm to jump on the waterfall.

In the Flower Capital, a Wano storyteller tells a story of how the pirates alliance saved Wano to the public.
Meanwhile, Momo, Yamato and Kinemon are walking back, looking for a spot to place the Straw Hats flag.
This also concludes the arc of Wano, as the final curtain closes.

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Luffy MVP making Wano part of his territory!

Momonosuke still a coward...
Yamato travel through Wano instead of joining the Crew to find One Piece is meh...
Kidd making fun of the others was funny, but in the end the other joined jumping Off. Luffy still MVP!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Wano isnt even that big lol. Kinda weak excuse compared to Carrot.
Yamato will also become new Daimyo of Kuri, making Kuri great again before going to sea!

Since Yamato want to live like Oden :weirdpeep:

Reactions: Rej
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Now that Wano is over, I would like to point out my personal gripes, mostly Zoro-related (obviously):
#1 Did Zoro visit Ryuma's grave during the short timeskip?

#2 What's up with the grim reaper thingy? Why showed it in the first place?

#3 Did Zoro learn about his Wano lineage? Or is he actually not from Wano at all?

#4 Yamato not joining after Oda used all those panels to highlight her background kinda pisses me off.
Those panels could've been used to highlight more fights like Jack-Inu, Perospero-Neko, Big Mom-Kid/Law.
Hell, badasses like Denjiro-Asura didn't even get proper fights while we got stuck watching Raizo-Fukurokuju doing mannequin challenge.

Oda might be keeping the answers for #1, #2, #3 for future Zoro's flashbacks though, so I'm not that upset.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Now that Wano is over, I would like to point out my personal gripes, mostly Zoro-related (obviously):
#1 Did Zoro visit Ryuma's grave during the short timeskip?

#2 What's up with the grim reaper thingy? Why showed it in the first place?

#3 Did Zoro learn about his Wano lineage? Or is he actually not from Wano at all?

#4 Yamato not joining after Oda used all those panels to highlight her background kinda pisses me off.
Those panels could've been used to highlight more fights like Jack-Inu, Perospero-Neko, Big Mom-Kid/Law.
Hell, badasses like Denjiro-Asura didn't even get proper fights while we got stuck watching Raizo-Fukurokuju doing mannequin challenge.

Oda might be keeping the answers for #1, #2, #3 for future Zoro's flashbacks though, so I'm not that upset.
Same sentiment here matey. though I am not a solid fan of his but I wanted to see this before the curtain closes. Still, character development is still the worst in my eye. Nothing beats Sanji's backstory and development.

Hail Sanji-kun!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So is Yamato pulling a Jinbei? Because that's what it looks like to me
Also it might just be the way it's translated but that bit with Hiyori but it feels like there is still heavy prejudice against the Kurozomi name which is part of what led to Wano's current day issues
Overall opinion on Wano: Good though ending felt awkward, I've also got a sense of Oda telling stuff rather than showing stuff in the combat department. Yeah the arc is the longest one yet but a good amount of fights really would've benefited from more focus otherwise because they felt bare

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Same sentiment here matey. though I am not a solid fan of his but I wanted to see this before the curtain closes. Still, character development is still the worst in my eye. Nothing beats Sanji's backstory and development.

Hail Sanji-kun!
People can shit on WCI, but that doesn't change the fact that Sanji got a complete character development & background story from it.
I envy Sanji stans in that aspect.

So is Yamato pulling a Jinbei? Because that's what it looks like to me
Smells like Vivi to me.

Also it might just be the way it's translated but that bit with Hiyori but it feels like there is still heavy prejudice against the Kurozomi name which is part of what led to Wano's current day issues
Yeah, Kurozumi's leaders might've been murderous bastards in the past, but the rest of Wano still keep their prejudice long after that dark period.
It's very unfair, but in a society like Wano that glorifies "honor", it is what it is.

So from storytelling perspective, Wano is like:
"Get your revenge to restore your glory, and keep hating those Kurozumis because goddamn their ancestors suck!"

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I don't even remember what you guys are talking about
We're talking about when the grim reaper himself showed up after Zoro beat King.

That panel felt so random because Zoro (and other important characters like Luffy) had been in near-death state multiple times previously, but we never saw any grim reaper. So I assume that should have some significance in Zoro's character, otherwise Oda wouldn't show it.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I don't even remember what you guys are talking about

Thats the Grimm Reaper scene. It happened right after Zoro defeated King.

Before Zoro start to fight King he wasn't able to move. He was too wounded after blocking combined of BM and Kaidou.
He got a medicine from the Mink that magically healed all of his wounds. Sideeffect: "after some time damage will return twice".

Also sideeffect of Mink medicine was mentioned by Mink doctor right before Manga switched back to Zoro.

Thus its kind of obvious for me, that the Grimm Reaper represents the damage he took before returns twice.

Reactions: Rej
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
that's 4 years & 1 month! Wow! My daughter was still a baby when it started. we've come a long way. i excited about what's happening next? Where do you think SHP is going?

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
:pepeclown:
finally it's over, long and painful

Kid MVP because he always manages to make Luffy and Law do stupid shit with him together.

Next chapter we will see Vivi, mark my words. We will formerly start the final arc and Vivi will be an essential part in it as SHP representative.
#VIVI4NAKAMAHYPETRAIN

LETS FUCCING GOOOOOOO!!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So yamato not joining has bummed me out all day. I shouldn't have read this chapter in the morning it totally messed me up at work.

Top Bottom