Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 1065: The Six faces of Vegapunk

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 1065
Title: The Six faces of Vegapunk

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON
readonepiece

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1065 QUICK SUMMARY

Chapter starts with Caribou finally revealing himself and complaining for having arrived at a government island. Zoro thanks him and tells him to gtfo.
Cut to the lab, Lilith shows off the technology inside to the Straw Hats. The crew then meets Seraphim Jinbe who immediately shoots laser at them.
The Straw Hats battle the Seraphim, named "S-Shark", for a while. S-Shark somehow has a DF power that allows him to dive into the floor as if it's water.
Franky is shocked to see the ability that he's familiar with.
After Franky uses his "Radical Beam", the panel cuts to another of Vegapunk robot called "Edison", who appears to be shocked to see someone using a laser beam.

Edison suddenly comes up with a new invention idea and tells his mate, "Pythagoras", to help him out.
He also orders a hottie Vegapunk robot called "York" to eat, which somehow fills the rest of Vegapunk's bellies.
"Shaka" finally shows himself and tells "S-Shark" to stop attacking.
The rest of Straw Hats suddenly can't move their legs because their magnetic shoes are stuck on the floor.
Shaka tells them that the Egghead Island is an island of the past and there was a highly advanced civilization 900 years ago.
In the middle of that, we see Luffy's group discovers a giant ancient robot and the chapter ends.

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Who was Robin referring to with "What he said was unforgivable?"

Anyway, this revelation is nuts. It looks like before history was erased, the world is at the absolute apex of its power and technology. And one Kingdom reigns it all, making all the other Kingdoms envy it and plotted to destroy them. They were so advanced that they were able to create 3 ancient weapons that could eradicate the world. OR MAYBE THEY DID ALREADY.

I would not be surprised if the set-up of One Piece 900 years ago was the real-life earth 900 years into the future. But after the great world war that annihilate the globe, they crawled back to nothingness and established a new system backwards.

Who is Vegapunk then? A cyborg or AI from the past that eternally lived? Or another survivor of Ohara?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Who was Robin referring to with "What he said was unforgivable?"
"What he said" refers to Sanji's previous words "You just signed your own death warrant!! I don't give a crap whether you're Jinbe or not!!"
"That was unforgivable" refers to the moment S-Shark grabs Nami by her neck. Robin is angry just like Sanji.

And one Kingdom reigns it all, making all the other Kingdoms envy it and plotted to destroy them. They were so advanced that they were able to create 3 ancient weapons that could eradicate the world. OR MAYBE THEY DID ALREADY.
I'm not sure about the ancient weapons part.
Poseidon is literally just a mermaid with ability to talk to sea kings...unless that ability itself was manufactured by highly advanced tech.
Now that's crazy.

Who is Vegapunk then? A cyborg or AI from the past that eternally lived? Or another survivor of Ohara?
Most likely. I wouldn't be surprised if Imu is also a cyborg or AI who possess the knowledge of the past like Vegapunk.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Woah boy!
Sounds like we're getting major lore next chapter! Can't wait to see it!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I once had an idea for a MHA quirk that worked almost exactly like what Vegapunk is doing.

Multiple bodies where each body can take different parts of the personality/different bodily needs and do them separately from the other bodies. I.e. one body would always sleep, two bodies would take anger and self loathing respectively out on each other, one body can eat for all the bodies.
Then the quirk went a bit farther, where the bodies couldn´t share/move around only calories from eating, but things like arms or muscle mass, and even combine back into one giant body seven times as strong. They can also swap around "equipment" or anything they can carry.

Seven times as strong as a regular civilian is nothing compared to the demi gods that roam the MHA universe, so the real value in this quirk is battlefield control, similar to Kurogiris shadow portal things. Information of course travels at the speed of thought from one body to the next, and if one body stays in an armory, its an endless supply of weapons. If two bodies combine they are strong enough to carry another person, that can then be teleported to the location of any of the other bodies. And if one body is in combat, it can borrow limbs/strength from other bodies that dont need it at that moment, or combine with another body, effectively teleporting away. The bodies are connected by a different dimension.

Its a quirk for a Utility Hero that is always where he needs to be.

And he´d still be trying to multitask because 7 bodies isn´t nearly enough to get everything done. Of course this Quirk was born from my ADHD.
Also, the quirk i though of consists of 7 bodies, controlled by 8 brains, with the final brain being used to coordinate the others. I bet there is also a 7th Vegapunk, the main body, that might just be only a brain anymore.

I wanted to post the damn quirk in the MHA section years ago, but then i lost the draft for it, which contained a clusterfuck of spoilers explaining the quirks family tree, where within each spoilers was an explanation of the parent quirk and then two spoilers for the parent quirks, back to the great grandparents. After i lost all that work i lost motivation, and now i regret it. I could have claimed to have predicted Vegapunk. (I was actually pretty sure this was how it worked once Atlas punched that Holo Holo monster)

Top Bottom