Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 1066: The Will of Ohara

Who was the GOAT of this chapter?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 1066
Title: The Will of Ohara

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON
readonepiece

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1066 QUICK SUMMARY
Vegapunk tells stories about Void Century, Ohara to the Straw Hats.
Ohara was destroyed by the World Government because they knew the existence of the highly advanced kingdom from Void Century.
That kingdom lost a war against 20 other kingdoms that founded the current World Government.
The World Government erased that kingdom from history to make sure nobody adopts their ideology.

Months after the Ohara incident, Vegapunk visited the island.
He saw the giants, led by Jaguar D Saul, carrying the books to Elbaf.
He also encountered Monkey D Dragon. Both of them knew Professor Clover and were upset by the incident.
That same year, Dragon formed the Revolutionary Army alongside Ivankov and Kuma.
Vegapunk then visited Elbaf to read and memorize all the books.

Cut to Luffy's group, the real Vegapunk finally makes an appearance.

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Added a poll. Saul is alive! I should've known better than to think anyone actually ever dies in OP lol.

Now the question is if Oda will tease us for 100-300 more chapter or actually give us legit info about the void century.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
If the only reason why the Ancient Kingdom was colluded by the 20 kingdoms is its advanced technology then it's pretty shallow. There must be more to it. I am beginning to think that the Ancient Kingdom was supposed to destroy the world but then the real issue began with the succession or ascension to power of the Kings at that time.

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So if Saul is the Man with the burn scar, maybe in the next arc on Elbaph we will see Kid again.
Burn scar through frost burn :pepethinking:
Die you think Saul left Elbaf?

Another interisting thing is that Hajrudin wants to fight the King of Elbaf! :pepehmm:

Reactions: Rej
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So if Saul is the Man with the burn scar, maybe in the next arc on Elbaph we will see Kid again.
And a dead Law. :pepecute:

If the only reason why the Ancient Kingdom was colluded by the 20 kingdoms is its advanced technology then it's pretty shallow. There must be more to it. I am beginning to think that the Ancient Kingdom was supposed to destroy the world but then the real issue began with the succession or ascension to power of the Kings at that time.
The will of D might have something to do with it.
My theory is the D clan are the people of the ancient kingdom or at least they are related to it.
But there were 2 opposite sides with different ideals. I assume those ideals represent Luffy and Blackbeard, Roger and Rocks.
We haven't figured out what Luffy really wants, but it should be similar to Joy Boy.
We already know Rocks wanted to be the king of the world. I expect Blackbeard to have similar idea.
The Rocks/Blackbeard of the past would have abused the technology to take over the world.
That's why Blackbeard would want to get his hands on the ancient weapons now.
So all of these would lead to power struggle.

The WG claimed that the ancient kingdom "lost" the war, but we won't know for sure until the last poneglyph or even One Piece is found.
Maybe there was a big civil war involving D clan members (Roger/Luffy vs Rocks/Blackbeard of the past).
Even self destruction is a possibility.

And now I can't stop thinking about Joy Boy and Zunesha's past "crime".
Zunesha was helping out Joy Boy the "good guy", but he commited a "crime"?
Did he betray Joy Boy? Or...did Zunesha help destroy the kingdom? Just food for thoughts.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Such a great chapter! ❤❤❤

This chapter especially touched me. When Vegapunk said there are good people in the WG, that got me. I work in law enforcement where we get bad flack, and there are bad apples that should be squished, but I overall work with some really great people. That line hit me.

I genuinely got giddy when we got to the Saul/Robin part. Enies Lobby and Robin’s “I want to live!” is my favorite arc/line in One Piece. The weight of her past to turn out like this - Saul alive and Ohara’s Will passed on. I’m so genuinely happy for Robin!

Oda got me right in the feels with this:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Such a great chapter! ❤❤❤

This chapter especially touched me. When Vegapunk said there are good people in the WG, that got me. I work in law enforcement where we get bad flack, and there are bad apples that should be squished, but I overall work with some really great people. That line hit me.

I genuinely got giddy when we got to the Saul/Robin part. Enies Lobby and Robin’s “I want to live!” is my favorite arc/line in One Piece. The weight of her past to turn out like this - Saul alive and Ohara’s Will passed on. I’m so genuinely happy for Robin!

Oda got me right in the feels with this:
Yeah, that's a great line from Vegapunk and Dragon understood that and he's there to only deal with the rotten ones. He's got his dad right there so of all people, Dragon knows better.

That's the first in decades we see Robin gets this emotional. I felt nostalgic.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Does this chapter imply that Saul is already part of Strawhats Grandfleet? :pepethinking:

Whats the reason Hajrudin, Stansen and Gerd start to sail without their Captain? :pepethinking:

And why does Hajrudin wants to replace the King of Elbaf? :pepethinking:

Can't wait for Egghead to end, finally want to see Elbaf :weirdpeep:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
heh what a damn goated chapter!

also @Su Long Bepo got a W!
heh, I think he was grinding that theory also back on OJ, so credits to this man, hope he returns to earn a bit glory from his past work <3

MVP is Vegapunk, because this is what I expected Vegapunk to do, deliver us the missing puzzle pieces, and tie together most open holes for the final stretch of One Piece!

AMAZING!
Yessir this was so fulfilling!!! First wrote this theory on OroJackson about 5 years ago hehe and I loved seeing Robin's reaction 🥰

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Added a poll. Saul is alive! I should've known better than to think anyone actually ever dies in OP lol.

Now the question is if Oda will tease us for 100-300 more chapter or actually give us legit info about the void century.
Ace and Pedro so far are the only ones I'd say lol. And the latter I wouldn't be surprised if he popped up out of nowhere in a few years. :dogkek:

Top Bottom